Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 30-Apr-13 22:17:17

A bit of both kitty rebellion and craving. And who said girls were easier? they were clearly mad grin

Do you reckon my dog knows something I don't know; he's following me around like a little lost puppy. Which isn't like him, and is quite annoying, he's mr independent opens his food drawer and helps himself when he gets the chance but he's my new found shadow today. Does he know something? Should I be worried? hmm

OhThePlacesYoullGo Tue 30-Apr-13 23:05:31

Wow. It's been a while! Hope you've all been keeping well. smile

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 30-Apr-13 23:31:42

Hello places <waves> how are you doing?

OhThePlacesYoullGo Tue 30-Apr-13 23:46:56

Hey Frus - things are ok. Have had a bit of a rough ride health wise, bit little one seems to be absolutely fine which is what matters. DP has been driving me crazy being ridiculously overprotective (though can't say I wouldn't be the same if things were reversed). Have made a real life pregnant friend which has been great. Yup, that's about it. How about you?

Welcome back Places! Long time, no see. smile

Welcome back places, sorry to hear you've had a rough ride health wise, i remember all the trouble you were having with seizures etc, has it effected your birth plans etc? How long left, and how are you enjoying that new place of yours

Frus maybe pup does know something, animals are very instinctive my boy cat always knows when I'm pregnant and follows me around only wanting to be on my knee, usually he's not fussed by knees at all

Lorelei353 Wed 01-May-13 10:25:51

Hi places. Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time of it but glad little bump is ok.

frus I'm amused by your dog following you around. Maybe it knows something!

Day off today. Lovely. Just chilling out this morning then NHS antenatal class at 2 and yoga at 6.30. Nice day!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 01-May-13 13:35:14

Decided that d-dog is gone wierd because dd put yoghurt on the too of his head. He can clearly smell it and is going loopy.

The paranoia has also started to kick in, I swear my bump is dropping by the hour today.

Jojobump1986 Wed 01-May-13 13:54:11

Hi Places! Nice to see you again! smile

Frus I think you should call your mw about that. "My dog keeps following me around & it's making me paranoid that he knows something..." grin

My bump is still low & my belly is sensitive so I'm feeling every little movement. DS2 has taken to stretching in such a way that he simultaneously pushes on my left hip & right side just below my ribs. Most uncomfortable!

The good news is... I've finally packed my bag! By 'packed' what I really mean is that I've got a bag out & put maternity pads, breast pads & a few spare toiletries in it with a loooong list of other things to collect at the last minute! I realised that I was putting it off because it almost seemed like I was giving him permission to come once I was prepared. I realised how stupid that was, told him to stay put for at least 2 more weeks & got on with it!

<manic laughter> We are expecting another 6-9 inches of snow tonight! MAY FIRST, WTF. I've just decided that this is because they call it "Old Man Winter" and this is alllll because of a stupid man. Maybe Mother Nature wised up and got the fuck out of the relationship? Ha, even the radio stations are starting to play Christmas music. Just ridiculous. I don't even have anything pregnancy related to add, just needed to share our fucked up weather with you all.

Hope you're at least getting sunshine over there. hmm

Actually bring not to rub it in but it has been a nice day( not often we get to brag overseas) not hot but sunny without needing full on winter coat!
Mw today- she can't tell! She thinks more likely breech but her legs have been kicking in a random far off to the side spot sort of parallel to belly button but really far to side?! Any way says after feeling both ends its fixing her and she wouldn't be surprised either way, I darnt get hopes up that she's turned but scan on Friday to see anyway, dh pissed I can tell because he was playing footy at 2, I can tell he doesn't want to come with me ( statements like ill come if you want me too etc ) which pisses me off as you'd think he'd want to be there as its important discussions etc but clearly football with friends is more important hmm was told also they will do everything in their power to talk me out if breech birth and that if its a section I'm looking at atleast 2 days in hospital which I'd just hate! It was the only time I cried last time after dd was born because I hated being on the ward so much hmm

Oh no, it's great that it's a good day there! It means that at least someone is getting some sunshine. The snow has started and stopped several times, so we'll see if it actually sticks (fingers crossed that it's a NO).

They will probably try to talk you out of it. It's far easier on the doctors part to just do a c/s than to catch a breech baby, but it's still your choice!! Let me know if you want any articles or research on the safety of breech births. They can totally be done safely with an experienced attendant. That's really frustrating to hear your DH is more interested in footy than baby-related things. It's a big deal to you, he should be more invested! There can always be footy another time, this baby is just this one time right now. Grrr, sounds very annoying!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 01-May-13 22:07:38

We've had sun too I'm afraid bring although I've been working so haven't been able to enjoy it. I do hope your snow doesn't settle. Snow in may just isn't on. That's wierd to the highest degree.

DH is winding me up. I'm sure it not deliberate, but I feel too pregnant to deal with crap, he reckons he's ill because he couldnt be arsed do anything today, and apparently he has man flu. and then he got pissy because he said he'd walk the dog and didnt, not entirely aure how thats my fault when he's been home all day. angry.
And my bump has seriously dropped, [confuses] i'd like to say that im not worried, but I've always been quite certain that this baby will be arriving before 40wks I've re-packed my hospital bag just to make sure I had everything. And there's no mw appointments available until I'm 38weeks! <rant rant rant> <<moan moan moan>> I have definately had enough of being pregnant now.

OhThePlacesYoullGo Wed 01-May-13 22:54:37

Frus DP is also ill and has spent the day vomiting all over the place (literally). Ever the sympathetic girlfriend that I am, I have been busy disinfecting everything he's touching... hmm. Let's hope this is some kind of 24 hour thing; he's not even keeping water down. Maybe we could quarantine DP and your DH somewhere together?

Kitty I am still hoping to not have a caesarian and just stick to gas & air and epidural, but am pretty worried about seizures during the birth. Our flat is brilliant. I am so incredibly grateful to DP's parents, I have no idea how we would have coped with everything over the last few months if we also had had to worry about finding affordable accommodation. We've decorated and furnished everything now (if a bit mismatched) and it really feels like home.

Must be something in the air with men today? Mine got mad at me because I came home from an apt to find him on the couch to which I didn't offer to make him lunch hmm. I just said "Why don't you make something?" And he got mad because I didn't want a microwaved potato (I think they're disgusting and he knows that), stormed off and was like "I offer to make you lunch and you're so ungrateful". And I thought I was the one with an abundance of pregnancy hormones.....

Baby currently has a knee or foot or something pressing against already separated and sore ab muscles and it KILLS. I'm with you Frus I'm done. Labor is starting to look slightly more appealing than being pregnant at this point. Ctx with every movement, head-banging baby causing zingers, violent kicks all over, little to no sleep, exhaustion, yep....I'm ready to just meet this kid and get on with it.

Librarina Thu 02-May-13 04:36:04

Well it's 4am and I have a squid in my ribs!

Can I stick up for the Menz, just a little bit? It was my DHs birthday yesterday (weds) and I had the most perfect day. We had a loveiy romantic lie-in, then went for a very fancy lunch with ( non-al) cocktails, then for a mooch round a bookshop, then looking at rings!

Best of all, he's just cleared out of the marital bed so I can be awake and grumpy in comfort!

35 weeks is much less fun the all the 2nd Trimester. I def prefer kicks to squirms and Looking back at this thread, I didn't like kicks very much!

(P.S. Hi Places, nice to see you... We seem smaller now, have we lost anyone else along the way?)

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 02-May-13 06:44:19

Morning all.

lib I believe pear is keeping a low profile, I haven't looked for a while but she was popping up on another thread. But havent seen blending for a while, she should be due soon.

places my DH hasn't even been sick! no sympathy for lazy-i-tus from me. But I will quite happily shove him in quarantine for some peace and quiet.
We both have a day off today so wil go mad before the end of it, with all his "what shall we do"s. he doesn't like my "do what you like I'm doing nothing" replies.

bring microwave potatoes are yucky. I'm with you on that one.
Labour is looking appealing, I'm waiting for that painful contraction, where I think, here we go. I hope I don't have to wait too long. Another 6 weeks would be torture.

Gosh you lot are all night owls!!! I'm usually in bed asleep by 10!
I hope the weather has brightened for you bring, I'm still looking forward to the day we can actually sit in the garden with a tshirt and be warm ( please say it will be)
Glad to hear the new flat is done and looking good places, I hope you get your vb too
My job this week is to pack bag, mw told me off confused lol

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 02-May-13 08:14:17

Haha I'm not a night owl kitty I would quite happily be in bed asleep by 10 and not up at stupid am. Unfortunately I have one dd who doesn't like going to sleep and one who wakes up early. grin <yawn>

And apparently I was having bad dreams last night, I don't remember, but DH said I was talking/moaning in my sleep. Thankfully I was totally oblivious.

Ooh and the bump has dropped even more. I think I shall have to phone the mw and get seen.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 02-May-13 10:02:52

Somebody want to hold my hand, slap me with a wet fish, and tell me it's BH. Not quite hurting, but have gone up a notch.

Tmi alert - Keep feeling the need to poo. And now feel sick.

Luckily I have mw this morning.

Librarina Thu 02-May-13 10:45:07

Glad you have MW appt Frus, just hang on until then and she will either slap you with a fish or hold your hand as necessary.

I am genuinely concerned that my baby has Too Many Limbs. I am being kicked it too many places all at once, it is un-natural

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 02-May-13 10:56:07

How they manage to get your ribs, all sides and cervix all at the same time is phenomenal lib

MW in 15mins. I am having alot of BH this morning.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 02-May-13 12:05:27

Measuring 38weeks. Meep!
Head is definately down and at 3/5.

Strict instructions to call the unit if bh get painful or clearly regular, and to monitor movement.

Jojobump1986 Thu 02-May-13 12:21:28

Eep! That's so scary exciting Frus! grin It's amazing to think that the bus might need to get baby seats fitted already! It's all come around so quickly! What's your official due date? Do keep us up-to-date with every twinge! wink

I'm pretty sure my baby is going to be a mime... He's already practicing the stuck-in-a-box mime all across my lower abdomen! hmm

I had to express last night. I wasn't planning on it but the tingly let-down feeling every 5 minutes was driving me mad! Much better today though! I was on the verge of teaching DS1 to breastfeed again just to get some relief! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now