Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

Lorelei353 Thu 11-Apr-13 12:22:22

Aw kitty you poor thing. Sounds painful. If you're nervous, get checked out but personally as long as I could continue to feel wriggler wriggling I'd be happy enough, especially if you don't think you hit the bump. Bit of a personal judgement call though.

I remember my poor sister falling when pregnant - she tripped a bit and stumbled forwards but couldn't really regain her balance and ended up just picking up speed and running face-first into a wall. She was fine, bit of a sore head and lip, but she felt so stupid. It's kind of funny now but wasn't at the time sad. All was well with baby (now 3 years old). It's hard to adjust to the different way you walk and move at the moment isn't it?

Jojobump1986 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:04:37

My nearly-due friend was telling me this morning about trying to catch something her toddler dropped. Normally she would've caught it but instead she leant forward so quickly that she bounced off her bump! Her dad thought it was hysterical! grin Big bellies do make us more clumsy! Mine keeps turning the knobs on the oven when I'm trying to cook! hmm Hope you're ok kitty!

Bring, I mentioned the herbal bath to my friend & she was wondering if there's any herbs other than raspberry leaf that might encourage labour to start? I said I'd ask the fount of all herbal knowledge you! wink

Morning (afternoon) sweet ladies!

So, update: DH and I talked extensively about everything yesterday. He had a bit of rough day yesterday (hehe, he had to go get his prostrate checked!! Now that is instant karma right there grin. All's well, which is good. He was very worried about the nether region) so he came home after the appointment to talk about everything (as being the drunk idiot he was, lost his mobile). It was good. It felt like he actually listened to me when I told him about what that night made me feel like and he genuinely apologised for blaming me for his decisions. It ended up being a lot of crying from both of us, so I feel like he actually grasped the seriousness of what happened. I definitely don't feel ready to face the prospect of him going out anytime soon...but I guess we'll just really have to keep talking about everything. You have hit the nail on the head Kitty. That is what DH is like- just drinking until belligerent and not remembering what he's done, and being completely shocked at his actions the next day. It used to be far, far worse when we first got married, escalated to his car accident, and now it's very rare (thank god).

Ouch, both for the naughty ninja-kicking babies and the big tumble. Hopefully those little ones will find new places to kick that aren't so tender. I second what Lor said. If you're nervous about, it's never a bad thing to get it checked out.

Hate to break it to ya, Kitty but Red raspberry leaf does not cause or induce labor in any way. It's actually considered a uterine tonic and it's incredibly beneficial for toning the uterus and getting in vitamins and minerals that we need in pregnancy. You can take it the whole way through. I do know some herbs for inducing labor, but I really don't want to give out do-it-yourself advice for mamas as they can be potent and need careful midwife monitoring when administered (some can cause really long contractions, changes in baby's heart rate, raising mum's blood pressure-or lowering too much, really bad diarrhea, etc.). I can say that foreplay with nipple stimulation and sex (with semen) and orgasm are probably the best thing she can do for encouraging things to move along at the end of pregnancy. Anything that raises oxytocin plus L-O-N-G walks, yoga, squatting, and eating super healthy are all fabulous for getting everything ready as well. Ina May Gaskin says that what got the baby in is what is going to get the baby out and that dads have jobs to do to help their babies out. grin

Glad to hear you were able to gave a heart to heart being and he owned up to his pwn failing, its a good sign abd hopefully it will be the wake up call he needed!
Well got checked out, I called the hospital and they said they would be happier if I did and baby fine, instructions if pain or bleeding to go back, knew it was kicks in the fanjo yesterday and confirmed again still bloody breech! Back to the ironing board......

Oh dear. Little stinker! Turn baby, turn! Yeah, literally, back to upside down on the ironing board. Do you have anyone who could do rebozo for you? That can help losen up all of the ligaments making it easier for baby to turn. A chiropractor who knows the Webster Technique can help with breech babies too.

Glad to hear you are ok!!

Never even heard if those things bring but will type in to Internet tomorrow, mw at hospital also suggested reflexology, anythings worth ago, also got ball to bounce on, thank god I'm off tomorrow, bp was 127/103 at first at hos ( not sure if false reading?) then 113/73w was ok with that but at last app I was 100/60 and 90/50 so the others are high for me, she was also abit worried about measuring small but that's normal for me and dd was a good weight for her gestation so I'm not worried there
How's arm feeling lor?

Lorelei353 Fri 12-Apr-13 10:00:41

Arm is pretty sore kitty - I kept rolling onto it during the night and waking up in pain. That's the only side effect though and I'm sure it won't last long.

On the baby-turning, I've heard people mention acupuncture too but I've no idea how that would work. Worth investigating though - try anything! Turn baby, turn!

Bring really glad you and DH had a good talk and a really meaningful discussion about everything. Like you said, it hasn't happened in a long time and that's not to excuse it now, but it shows him that he can do without. Hopefully it's been a bit of a breakthrough moment for him.

That's exactly how mine was lor, it did go a day or two later!
How long has everyone got left at work? Only 2 weeks for me now- actually only 8 days grin although eep aswell I've got alot to do!

Lorelei353 Fri 12-Apr-13 15:33:20

Only 2 weeks kitty!

I just went to count my days and realised I've been telling people I have 5 and a 1/2 weeks left but it's 4 1/2! Awesome. I only do one full week of work between now and then though, as I have holiday days to use up so am taking a lot of Wednesdays off to break up my week, and also because the NHS antenatal classes are on Weds afternoons. I know I'm entitled to those afternoons off without taking it as holiday but I'm just taking the full days otherwise I won't get all my handover stuff done! Anyway, I only have 19 days of actual work left.

I just can't imagine what it's going to be like finishing up for a year. Weird.

Yes, acupuncture can work too. They use an herb called mugwort that they burn near your feet- the whole process is called moxibustion. It apparently has a wonderful success rate in turning breeches!

Suddenly just decided that I needed to do all of the baby's laundry. hmm

Next week I have big plans to finish all of these painting projects! Feeling the urge to get baby's room done (even though she won't even be in it until around Christmas sometime) but just to have it done will feel nice. I can't believe I'm only like 5 weeks away from being full-term. Time will be all fast-forward until about a week before the due date in which time seems to stand still. Oh the things pregnancy does to you....

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 12-Apr-13 17:01:44

Bring is started to pack my hospital bag today too. grin it's getting scarily close. I came to a standstill when I tried to decide which baby clothes to pack.

Lorelei353 Fri 12-Apr-13 17:32:41

Packing bags is good going. We still haven't bought anything - ANYTHING - for the baby yet. DH is being really superstitious about it all. He keeps saying 'wait until we get to xx weeks' and when we get there he pushes it back further. I've been happy to wait until this week because his family are staying with us so we haven't got the room to store baby things, but once they're gone we can crack on with getting that room ready. He wants to wait until I'm 34 weeks! (I'm 31 + 5 now)

Lor I hope you've atleast irdered things? A pram can take like 10-15wks sometimes to come in!!!
I think you've left it late enough girl go shopping!! You can be superstitious until they are born but at some point you've got to just bite the bullet
Only 3 1/2 weeks till I'm term!! And when dd was born scarey when I remember joining the bus
I don't do the bag till last minute lol

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 12-Apr-13 20:26:16

I don't do superstitions, I do being prepared. I have the cot up and everything.

Lorelei353 Fri 12-Apr-13 23:56:34

Once his family are gone I'm going into 'get prepared' mode. It's time now and he'll just have to deal with it. We've got a big list and have done all the research so we know where we're getting and where. Oh and I realised that we have bought one thing- we ordered the buggy and car seat as we got a deal on them so they get delivered this week

Anyone else feel like they just have absolutely NO energy whatsoever? I just feel like someone has actually sucked it all up (I suppose that's theoretically true....) and I could sleep all day. Just pure exhaustion. I hoping that it's from traveling and not like this for the rest of my 3rd trimester.

Yep me too bring, have for a few days but can't bear to look at all the the jobs I want doing so then keep not allowing myself to have a break and work through it, resulted today in a very low blue mood, dd been naughty at supermarket because she was tired really but then so am I then later on while playing she bit my tummy, I think it was just over excitement but it really hurt and I just burst out crying, just feel really low hmm

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 13-Apr-13 21:50:51

Totally bring. I am dreading the next 4 weeks left at work, I have no energy to do anything. I feel knackered 10 minutes after getting up, and have to lie down again before getting dressed

I'd be okay if I could sleep properly at night, but it is so hard to get comfortable with what feels like the biggest bump in the world, and I've started feeling dizzy if I lie on my back, never had it in previous pgs and heartburn/indigestion if I lie on my side. <whinge whinge whinge>

((Hugs)) kitty it is okay to be emotional and blue, tired mummy's and tired DCs is a difficult mix, even without the array of pregnancy hormones.

Ohhh good, it's not just me then. I was only awake long enough to eat breakfast and then just looked at DH was like "I can't even walk right now, I need to go back to bed" and slept for another 2 hrs!

Feeling v grumpy and v tired right now. Currently being summoned to the bathroom by DS#1 to go wipe his bottom, feel like crying b/c I don't wanna!

Oh frus. I feel ya, sister. I feel ya.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 14-Apr-13 05:22:27

The bum wipe summons, I feel your pain there. Dd2 tries to insist that I treck upstairs with her every time she needs the toilet. Aaaahhh.

Been wondering why I keep waking up at 5am. It just dawned on me; clocks went forward and 5am is the new 4am. This baby is clearly on gmt rather than bst (gmt+1). Yawn.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 14-Apr-13 19:29:39

Evening all. <waves> how has everyone's weekend been?

From tomorrow I have 11 days left before mat leave. grin I'm not going to count down at all yeah right wink

This weekend has been so MEH.

It's been snowing/raining on and off for the past 4 days and we are all feeling so incredibly cooped up and on top of each other. DH and I were fighting with each other this morning, I've been having annoying BH ctx for the past few hrs (not worried about them, just annoyed that they happen whenever I move), and I'm still exhausted. <winge, winge, winge, wo is me>

Hopefully someone else is having a better weekend!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 14-Apr-13 21:23:22

((Hugs)) bring, being cooped up because of snow, and everyone having cabin fever can be a nightmare. I hope your fighting isn't as bad as last time. Is it right that the more tired you are the more likely to have BH?

We drove well dh drove 100 odd miles yesterday to a shopping centre and bought the dds new trainers, and a bag for the hospital. (Totally unworthy the distance travelled, but it was a day out at least)

And today we went for a walk in the woods. Was supposed to be sunny and warm today, but it rained on and off. Dd did amazing walking rare for her to walk so much I only had to carry her in the sling once.

DH has been in a strop ever since poor thing is tired <shakes head in dispair> granted he does suffer with fatigue because of his condition, but it's no excuse for being an idiot he got cut up by a stupid driver on the way home, and drove like a twat the rest of the way, whilst I spent the time being a backseat driver and telling him to stop acting like a prat with his kids in the car. Since being home he's been shouting at the dds, moaning because someone (me apparantly because i'd "do it to wind him up") turned the washing machine off might have helped if he'd turned it on in the 1st place. Idiot
He's now in bed, after I sent him there for moaning that I was watching a crap film it was crap but that isn't the point and if he had wanted to watch something he shouldn't have had a bath for an hour.

Jojobump1986 Mon 15-Apr-13 00:14:45

My weekend was spent in the car. We drove 130 miles to PIL's house on Friday, a 100 mile round trip on Saturday to visit DH's cousins & then the 130 miles back home again today. I discovered on Friday that being in the car gives me BHs. Not a fun weekend! By the time we were halfway home today I was planning how to cope with going into early labour on the motorway! Thankfully the pain didn't develop into anything & now that we've been home for several hours it only bothers me when I move! I'll be taking it easy for the next few days!

I might start my mat leave sooner rather than later. I've not got anything lined up until one day at the end of May that I was planning to count as a 'keeping in touch' day anyway so I figure I might as well get on with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now