Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 06-Apr-13 12:26:32

Hey thunder <waves madly>
How's the job going?

Hey my friend frus! Yeah good thank you, so much better than the old one so that is definitely a blessing! How are you doing? Sorry to read your mum's being insensitive again

Here are some biscuits that look like boobs yeah still easily amused

biscuit biscuit

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 06-Apr-13 13:16:58

I'm doing okay today thund relishing the sun by letting dds play in the garden.

<snigger> at the boobscuits.

When you get together there's nothing but boob talk < shakes head In disapproval wink> sorry to hear about your diagnosis thunder, was it triggered by last pregnancy or did it just get picked up by that? I'm not quite sure what it is but glad you say it's treatable you will get your bfp when the time is right, I'm a great believer in everything happenening for a reason!
Very jeleous of libs pampering but you deserve it and definatly do it before kids and you never get the chance again I didn't read anything last time or have any books but caved about 2 wks in when I realised I really didn't know what I was doing and was knackered lol
I've been the zoo today on this beautiful day had really bad pains part way through day though very low under bump not sure what it was but horrible and agony then went after I carried on walking ( it was just as bad sitting) she's definatly still head up and feet very uncomily placed down, getting very irritated now as I'm sure that's why I keep getting pains
Oh and on the smut talk dh tried to get it on last night, he got a resounding no and a look of disbelief! As far as I'm concerned in the wedding vows the worse is now and he can suffer as much as me grin

Yeah, normally I don't talk about boobs much at all- frus must bring it out in me....
I think it was triggered by the pg although prob would have happened at some point anyway. Too much of a coincidence to not be linked to my mmc too. I'm sticking to the fate thing too- I'm so much happier in the rest of my life now. Just hoping my time really will come soon.

Sorry to hear you're uncomfortable- sounds miserable sad

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 06-Apr-13 19:32:51

You can't blame me for the boobscuits thund biscuit biscuit I fully remember you making me poke mine, and run up and down stairs. wink

I think your as bad as each other!!!
Are you still TTC thund or has it had to be put on hold?

Jojobump1986 Sat 06-Apr-13 23:22:34

grin Boobscuits!

Hi thund! I was wondering what you were up to these days! I'm glad you at least have a reason why TTC might not be effective at the moment. It's better to know than just to keep TTC & have nothing happen for no apparent reason! Hypothyroidism is v treatable & I'm sure you'll get it under control & find a use for that FRER soon enough! In the meantime, don't forget - KC&EMD! wink

Hey jojo! Thank you for encouraging words.

Yeah kitty we have been ttc but unbeknown to me there was no way it was going to happen with my blood levels the way they have been, even before they started treating me. The doc knew this- or would have done if she'd put two and two together, but she didn't douchebag so we've now had to chill out much more about it all, which has been hard because getting pg again was one way of me healing myself. What is good is that I have pushed my doc into more action than she would normally take - got her to agree to doing blood tests every 4 weeks instead of 2 months etc. thunderassertive!

So are you all really excited to meet the new arrivals? I am in your behalfs! Kitty and jojo do you know if you're having boys or girls?

(keep calm and eat more doughnuts?)

Ah I'd got the keep calm but not the other bit, well deciphered!
Well done on the assertiveness thund, does it mean you can still TTC but it is unlikely to work unless levels are better of that you should put it I. Hold as it may cause problems?
We are having a girl, very excited to meet her but more so I'm not pregnant wink the other part is scared of how hard it will be with 2!

Ahh a girl how lovely! Have you got some names sorted?

For us it's unlikely to work til my levels are back to normal but also they will have to be very closely monitored if I ever get a bfp. In first tri your body makes loads more thyroxine in order to make baby's brain- so pretty important. They would have to keep an eye on me and up my dose as we go along.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 07-Apr-13 19:03:31

Anyone know of any reason why lying on my back would trigger BH? Had it last night, and again just now. Very strange.

Jojobump1986 Sun 07-Apr-13 20:31:36

No idea Frus but I get that too! Weird!

Thund, we're having another boy. No name yet. Every time we talk about it we go round in circles until we've discounted every name ever invented for some stupid reason. He's known as Sue at the moment! hmm

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 07-Apr-13 20:40:23

If you're getting it too jojo then I can relax and not worry that my body is doing abnormal and wierd things.

Is that linked to why you should sleep on your left or is that for something different?

Ahh Sue the boy grin jojo

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 07-Apr-13 20:52:42

Lying on back can make you go light headed, and left is best for blood flow.
But never had BH from lying on my back before. or heard of it

Must be these troublesome boys you're having then girls wink

Lorelei353 Mon 08-Apr-13 09:50:35

Thunder! Lovely to see you. Sorry to hear about your hyperthyroidism but as the others say if at least you find out there's something affecting your TTC, and can now treat it, you might be able to move forward when things improve. Fingers crossed for you. flowers.

I think some level of nesting has finally struck me. Not wild crazy cleaning or anything but I did spend time yesterday sorting out my wardrobes and generally tidying things up a bit. Couldn't take it anymore. I am a messy person when it comes to my clothes though. Still can't really do anything to get the baby's room ready as we have the MIL and Brother IL staying this weekend and until they're gone we can't get rid of the second single bed in that room and start setting it up how we want it. Really looking forward to being able to do that.

In other news, and this is a TMI alert is anyone else a bit swollen and puffy in the lady parts? Not really even the labia or anywhere more internal, just outside that, like where you get sore if you're on an uncomfortable bike for too long? Mine's been a bit puffy for a while (like a few months) but last night felt really sore. Had to get into nighty and sit around around sans knickers for the evening. blush

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 08-Apr-13 11:14:02

lore I was last time, i ended up with a varicose vein down there. Which completely went away after the birth. it's back again now though I think it's the extra pressure and blood flow to the area. a cool flannel compress should calm it down a bit.

Lorelei353 Mon 08-Apr-13 11:19:25

Thanks for the reassurance Frus. I really must stop crossing my legs in work too as that can't be helping!

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Ooohhh ouchey, and one pregnancy symptom I'm relieved to report not suffering!!
In other news bought a birthing ball 90p car boot sale ( god I love car boots!!!) if anyone has any beer you they are a fab source for babies, I got loads for dd like bumbo for £3!!!
Please let the weather be turning to summer now, 3wks left at work including this one!!

Mmmmmm beer grin

Lorelei353 Mon 08-Apr-13 18:26:31

Thunder funny how that word jumped out at me too.

Oops lol near!! Fraudian slip or subconscious wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now