Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

Jojobump1986 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:17:18

Baby is making his presence very well known! I'm starting to recover now. I've managed 2 whole crackers & some water. DH is fetching me something with natural sugars but no acid in it... I suspect I'll either get carrot or pepper. smile

So glad you're feeling better!

Can I winge hmm
Havnt slept the last 2 nights, can't get comfy, had cramp 3 days ago and calf is now so sore I'm hobeling around and I've got heartburn when I lie in bed at night, I know Im lucky to have never had it before but I had such an easy pregnancy last time, no ailments a lovely small bump I loved and an easy early birth, felt like baby was transverse last night kicking me in all low across and had to get up 3 times to pee, im worried my options are going to be cs or forceps and its totally stressing me out even though i know it can change. now I just feel like a big fat hippo who's tired and still got to look after dd! sad This is a very me me post sorry someone one tell me to to think how lucky I am and not me such an ungrateful moo

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 01-Apr-13 12:11:55

Morning kitty winge away. Are you taking anything for the heartburn? I reckon I could get shares in Rennie. I totally get the can't get comfortable enough to sleep, at least we're on the closing straight now. The cramp sounds rubbish, especially when it lingers, so you have my total sympathy. (ps Rennie has calcium and magnesium in so 2 birds one stone as it were)
Random question on the cramp side of things, how is your back? And do you have tingly toes?

If you think she's traverse, she must be on the turn, <fx> so I'm banning you from stressing about that.

Jojobump1986 Mon 01-Apr-13 14:11:05

Rennies are fab. I could quite happily eat them like sweets! blush Like Frus says, they'll probably help with your legs too.

If I'm concerned about a UTI should I call the midwife or head straight to the GP? I'm assuming all the midwife would do is send me to the GP if necessary. I guess they can't prescribe things. I feel bad bothering the GP if it's nothing though! I wonder if I could drop in a sample to be tested when they've got a second & they can leave a prescription for collection if necessary. I don't think I really need to actually see anyone. No need for a blood test or anything is there?!

Thanks for the rennis suggestion as a non suffer ever I've never tried anything but the thought of liquid particulaly anaceed was enough to turn me to suffer yuck!
I'd go straight the gp Jojo you will only send a sample off at mw and probably wait longer for app
No back pain really frus just heavy load out front

Oh the cramp is always right calf though and my god the pain, my leg litterally froze in pain

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 01-Apr-13 16:04:16

I've only had it whilst pregnant kitty I agree that the aniseed Gaviscon is rank although I do seem to have drunk an entire bottle of the stuff and I detest mint flavoured things. Luckily Rennie orange tastes like love hearts.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 01-Apr-13 16:06:19

Are your toes tingly or numb? Are you prone to sciatic pain?

I would head to the GP, Jo Get it checked out straight away. Ouchie mama, hopefully it's not one! LOADS of water, cranberry juice (pure juice), shot glass full of apple cider vinegar down the hatch(yes, it's not fun, but it works), and uva ursi tea (it's truly disgusting, but it works) are the natural ways to go....but def go get a prescription if it's really bad. Good luck!

I love how you know everything bring grin
No frus not tingly toes etc, have had quite alot of siatic pain this time but it seems to be brought on by me doing less so sitting at work ( by less I mean physically, not that I don't do anything lol) so as I've been off this long wkend had a clear few days!
Cheered myself up by thinking we are now in April and due to finish work this month eep and due date next month double eep!

Oh have started to get abit itchy now though majority on my tum

Oh my, well thank you grin <don't I wish I knew everything!> Just the common pregnancy things that come up that I've seen over the years tis all. Speaking of midwife stuff, where's Merry? <helllloooooo? you out there? how are you?>

Packing for the big trip west tomorrow! So excited to be surrounded by a gagillion midwives and eat, sleep, live midwifery for 4 days and get my big ol' bump painted.

Oh, and DH has felt baby girl move and says that she is moonwalking in there.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 01-Apr-13 22:13:36

Shhh, don't mention the itch kitty I'm trying not to itch the bump, but it's not working.

Last year I trapped part of my sciatic nerve kitty and my calf had cramp in it for about 5 days, and my toes were tingly like pins and needles well they were before my leg went numb from the knee down
Cramp that doesn't go away should definately be checked out.

Hope you dont have too long a journey bring? Can't wait to see pics of painted bump.

DD did something with the olbas oil earlier. Seriously cannot leave that girl unsupervised for a second And now my bedroom stinks of the stuff. On the plus side at least i won't have a bunged up nose tonight. although my eyes are feeling sore

Lol frus if love to know what she did, atleast albus oil is invisable and smells nice < looks for positives>
I've not got continuous cramp don't worry, it's just that when it hit I couldn't get rid for a few minutes and its obviously pulled the muscles, now it feels like a horrendous gym session where your body seizes up but I can't walk easily on it. That said I can tell I'd get it most mornings as as soon as I go to stretch legs before I remember to stop I can sence it just waiting to attack me!
Thank you all for the rennies advice, managed a decent ish night sleep with just 1 wake up for tablet and wee. It went straight away grin horrible heartburn!!!
Looking forward to your bump pictures bring

Librarina Tue 02-Apr-13 09:17:12

Oooh, sorry about everyone's aches and pains.

Can I recommend Gaviscon Double Action for the heartburn. It's mint flavour so not quite as vile as aniseed, but I find the thick, almost glutinous texture very effective. It feels rather odd as it slips down but it does the trick.

I'm quite jealous of Trumpets lovely midwiferey conference, especially the bump painting. I have no idea where my baby is lying at the moment, I'm being kicked everywhere.

However... I have 6 weeks left at work, and all of those are 4 day weeks or less. This week I'm at a Spa on Friday for Pregnancy Pampering and then off for a weekend away for my birthday... hurrah!

In the meantime, operation 'Paint the Nursery' has commenced...

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 02-Apr-13 09:17:41

Yay! For the heartburn going away kitty

Unfortunately I don't think we will ever find out what dd did. But she did come downstairs with a flannel that stunk of it, so can only presume that she was clearing it up. or perhaps cleaning with it, or painting, but like you say, I have to look on the plus side, which is I didn't wake up all bunged up with cold. grin

Oo, oo, ooo! New carpet tomorrow. Which means I get to gloss the skirting boards later! grin oh dear oh dear

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 02-Apr-13 09:21:58

Morning libra I'm envy about spa day, <I can only dream> are you going somewhere nice for your birthday?

What colour is the nursery? <nosy>

Librarina Tue 02-Apr-13 11:10:17

I'm going to Cambridge with my friend whilst DH watches his team play football - then we're going to to eat here www.midsummerhouse.co.uk/ which I am VERY excited about.

Nursery is boring white, but I've made a beautiful Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt to hang on the wall which is lovely bright fabric. Looks a bit like This

Hooray for new carpet Frus! Sounds like the same home-improvements that's going on at my house. Have fun with the skirting boards! It's a fun day on your knees.

Also hooray for a spa day! Envious!

I can't believe we are all getting so close to end. This pregnancy has definitely zipped by.

Off to Oregon I go for a week. SO EXCITED! Pics promised when I return smile

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 02-Apr-13 17:29:20

Well I have done zero home improvements today. grin
i took dds to a SN stay and play instead. Sat and had coffee with the other mums whilst the staff entertained chased DCs. Not been before. It was very wierd. I am not used to it at all. I seriously need to learn how to relax.

Now for dinner, and once the dds are in bed we need to pull the floor up and prep for the carpet.

Jojobump1986 Tue 02-Apr-13 20:37:35

I've been busy! Just this afternoon I've made millionaires shortbread, crispy cakes & dinner & finally got round to cleaning the bath & tiles. I had this fabulous idea that I could use bicarb & milton to scrub the tiles, leave for a while & then spray vinegar on to fizz any left over dirt off. I spent ages scrubbing all the grime away & sat down with a glass of water & mumsnet while leaving the milton to bleach everything. It was at this point that I stumbled across a thread in which someone said that mixing bleach & vinegar produces a toxic gas. I thought to myself "that's ok, I'm using milton"... hmm Thankfully I checked what exactly milton is made of before applying any vinegar! blush I opened all the windows upstairs just incase milton & bicarb would have the same effect! I don't know what possessed me to think mixing milton with random other substances was a good idea. I know better than that! confused I also messed up the shortbread by not reading the recipe properly & adding nearly twice the amount of butter! Had to scale up all the other ingredients. Luckily DH loves the stuff so he's not complaining!

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be making bread & flapjacks. I'll probably fall in the oven or something! wink

Lorelei353 Wed 03-Apr-13 11:51:04

Spa day sounds heavenly.
Everyone sounds very busy! I think my nesting instinct may be kicking in. I want to clear out my clothes/wardrobe this weekend. That's about it though.

So, for those of you who've been here before, are there any parenting books that you'd really recommend? I've been doing loads of preparing and reading about childbirth and labour but don't have any clue what to do once baby is born! I do have NCT classes coming up but still, just wondering if there's something I should be flicking through.

I wrote a really big msg and its not posted angry
Lol at Jojo I find straight bleech and a toothbrush for grout and wipes for tiles, looks like you almost caused a chem reaction but well sidestepped!
Agree with your dh millionaires ummmmm
Back at work and siatic pain allready from sitting in uncomfy chairs!
I "sorted" lounge last night, it took hours to do skirting behind radiator etc but now mess has moved I to dining room of piles I havnt done, I have so much to do!!!!!
Lor I had a look at gina ford but hated it way to regimated but was advised to get the sensational baby sleep plan by Alison Scott wright it just deals with sleep ( and to be honist I don't like to be too regimated with things I'm doing as think baby should fit into your life not the other way round) but its amazing just as a guide, I didn't follow day naps but its easy to read and adapt and dd was sleeping through 7-7 by 12wks and has rarely woken through the night since then, that was with bf, even now she can have a 2/3hr nap and still has the same at night so I'd definatly recommend that personally

Lorelei353 Wed 03-Apr-13 14:35:18

That looks really interesting Kitty, thanks.

Are there any other good ones that are also more general, covering feeding and all the other things I have no clue about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now