Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

I'm afraid I don't know the way of the 'erbs over there. You might have luck ordering them online? Otherwise googling to find independent herb and alternative medicine stores in your area might be helpful too.

Awesome news on the massage! Thinking I might go sign myself up for one here soon.

Nesting has struck me in the form of painting the trim (which now I've decided is the worst job, EVER). BUT, I have to get it done before the baby gets here! What on earth will the poor child think if the trim hasn't been painted by the time of her arrival?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 27-Mar-13 20:01:54

Hope I don't sound rude, but is the trim the skirting board? (The bit around the bottom of the room?) that's what I keep looking at in the living room but going to do it just before its carpeted next week I'm picking wallpaper tomorrow <excited> as long as its not a snowday

Jojobump1986 Wed 27-Mar-13 20:11:34

I'm looking on eBay for herbs lib. I can't be bothered with all that traipsing around to independent shops & all the websites I've found sell the herbs in larger quantities than I require & none of them sell all the things I want! I've found an eBay seller who does almost all the herbs I want in small quantities & at a reasonable price with free p&p so I'll probably end up getting most things from them. I'm very excited about all this lentil weavery! grin

It's over the next 5 wks frus, planning to finish on the fri when I'd be 36wks the next wed, wanted to make sure I'd have atleast a week with dd before term and when she was born, we are keeping her in nursery for the Friday but its only 1 day a week so mdoesnt give me alot of time when you think it took me 2 days just to clean a clean kitchen/utility lol I wanted to paint an old toy chest for her room at the very least as its in the garage at the min, would love a good week to myself but hey ho
Was planning to have fish and veg for tea but left it abit late to cook and dh not hungry so having a processed turkey slice sandwich and kettle chips, healthy huh

Yeah, skirting board sounds right. I think they just call it "trim" over here so that's what I've been calling it. You don't sound rude at all, Frus smile

Awesome news on the herbs and ebay. Hahah, I'm just turning you all into fellow hippies, eh? Next thing on the hippy list to get done: make cloth mama pads (the disposables literally give me a rash by day 3 and it's miserable to be healing from birth AND having a freaking rash!). DH claims to not mind washing nappies and mama cloth for the first week while I'm stuck upstairs, bless his little heart. biscuit

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 28-Mar-13 08:43:46

Anyone know what the deal with the 4am wake up call is? 2nd night in a row I've woken up at 4am and can't get back to sleep easily.

bring I'd love to be stuck upstairs for the 1st week, but DH wouldn't manage. You're not going to turn me hippy. wink although the thought of a nice soothing bath does sound appealing.

kitty it is quite frustrating in that case. My pet hate is staff training days.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 28-Mar-13 21:08:31

Evening all

Lorelei353 Fri 29-Mar-13 09:12:29

Morning all.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 29-Mar-13 09:13:20

Morning.

Lorelei353 Fri 29-Mar-13 09:36:48

How you doing today?

My back is still killing me. I went to my osteopath yesterday and he said it's just a strain but it's making me fairly miserable. Couldn't really lie in as it's too uncomfortable. sad

Flying to Dublin this evening though. Dreading the flight but looking forward to a weekend with my parents, sister who is 12 weeks pregnant and my adorable 3 year old niece.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 29-Mar-13 10:00:10

I have man-flu thanks DH

Bad backs are an absolute pain, I hope you don't stiffen up on the flight. Family weekend sounds like a good plan. Do you get over to see them much?

Lorelei353 Fri 29-Mar-13 10:37:33

My dh is sick too. Hoping I don't get it. He's slept in the other room for the last few nights.

I get over a few times a year. Haven't been back since Christmas but my mum's been to see me in the meantime. At least the flight is short - less than an hour.

Librarina Fri 29-Mar-13 16:10:21

Happy Good Friday. I'm baking an enormous fishy and a huuuuge apple crumble. (Actually, I'm napping on the chaise in front of repeats of Great British Bakeoff while my MIL knits lovely baby clothes next to me). Having a very contented day.

Tomorrow I'm clearing the last of my stuff out of my room so that the baby has a place to put his/her stuff. I don't want to have to give up my room!

Have a lovely Easter weekend everyone! We are doing ziltch but enjoying the spring weather that's projected to finally arrive tmrw. smile

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 29-Mar-13 20:14:00

Mmm fishy and apple crumble. <drools>

Anyone else with bump-ache? Bumpy have been violently kicking and punching all day, so sore on the inside, and now bump is rock-hard and sore on the outside too. I don't remember this from last time.

Yes, very similar experience a couple of days ago. It just hurt to move because my whole bump felt bruised! I accidentally bumped my belly near my bellybutton and OMG it hurt so much!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 29-Mar-13 21:34:57

Im glad its not just me bring, i couldn't decide whether to be worried or not. It feels like I'm 8weeks more pregnant than I am today.

Librarina Fri 29-Mar-13 21:50:15

I don't have bump ache but I do have a belly button tango going on. Baby likes to ricochet off my ribs and shoot down to grab by bladder/fanjo. Or at least that's what it feels like. Have taken to my bed just so I can lie on my side on my magic cushion and hope that makes it all better.

Ps, fishy was lovely for everyone except DH who got all the bones.

This baby is such a mover too, such exaggerated rolls, she doesn't hurt me as such as in bruises like you guys but every now and then I feel a pressure or kick or something that feels like its literally comming out of my fanjo and I swear it brings tears to my eyes! Still can't tell where she is as she seems to be everywhere!
Started sorting today and realised hinges have gone on old wardrobe ugh! Frus you'd have been proud, cleaned bathroom tiles

Jojobump1986 Fri 29-Mar-13 22:05:15

Wow - busy bus today! I've hardly stopped all day! Got up at about 8.30 & this is the first chance I've really had to sit down! I've been braxton hicks-ing all day, seemingly constantly this evening. Baby is now wriggling & hiccuping! DH says I seem to be having 'hicks & hics' a lot! grin We've not got anything planned for tomorrow particularly. I'm really looking forward to a rest! Hopefully I can convince DH to take DS for a walk or something so I can have a few minutes to myself!

Frus I totally get what you mean about feeling more pregnant than you are. People keep asking me how long I've got left & I'm always surprised by how long it is. I feel like I should be on labour-watch already & have to keep reminding myself that it would be a bad thing if it were to happen soon! confused

Jojobump1986 Sat 30-Mar-13 09:55:00

Well it looks like my busy day yesterday is really taking its toll today! I woke up at 2am thinking I was in labour. Absolute agony! I was sick eventually & have had diarrhoea several times since then. It's so unfair! I had lovely plans for tomorrow that involved lots of children but also that pesky 48 hour rule! sad I can't even drink more than a sip of water without needing to run to the toilet a few minutes later. <Whimper> I feel like I could drink an entire bath-full of water right now but I'm not convinced that would be helpful! hmm

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 30-Mar-13 10:37:00

Is it a clean bath? <unhelpful>
I hope your bug doesn't last too long jojo it's horrible ring sick at the best of times, even worse when you can't take anything for it.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 30-Mar-13 12:57:16

kitty I'm impressed with the bathroom tiles. Even I haven't done that yet. grin

sad oh no Jo! Try to stay hydrated with electrolyte drinks instead of water and snack on easy to digest carbs. I hope you feel better soon!

If you absolutely can't keep anything down it might be a good idea to head in for IV fluids- dehydration can be really serious in pregnancy. Pay attention to how you're feeling and if you notice any contractions or slowing down of baby. Gotta take care of yourself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now