Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

I got this badboy. I tried a few others on and that was the only one that didn't feel scratchy or bunchy on my skin.....although we'll see what it's like in the summer!

Jojobump1986 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:02:13

My belly's felt odd since I got up. It's just a bit achy constantly & feels a bit harder than usual. I'm getting a few kicks so I'm assuming everything's ok but it just doesn't feel quite right. It's making me nervous! confused

Lorelei353 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:15:30

Funny Jojo I felt a bit like that yesterday. Bump just suddenly felt hard and uncomfortable and baby was a bit quieter yesterday. Got a miserable headache last night too.

Went to bed, got up this morning and all back to normal, including quite hyper little one kicking away. Just one of those days I think.

Thanks for the link Bring. I'll look into it.

Are you having any menstrual-type cramping or any unusual back pain, Jo?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 22-Mar-13 15:52:32

How are you feeling now jojo? Any more normal?

I've gained a cm, hmm measuring 31 at 30wks. And high (for me, but still in normal range) blood pressure.

Jojobump1986 Fri 22-Mar-13 20:58:40

Am feeling a little better but now have a migraine! Am just about to go to bed. My stomach was hard & crampy for most of the day before calming down & getting more sporadic BHish. I managed a small meal & that seems to have been enough to stop the BHs. A bit of a scary day! I made DH leave work a little earlier than planned which was good because the traffic was awful & would've made him arrive home really late if he'd not left early! In the end he got home at about the time he'd planned to originally which was just about the same time as DS & I were getting frustrated with each other because he wanted me to play & I wanted to sleep! All seems ok now, I just have to sleep off the migraine! <Yawn>

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 23-Mar-13 19:57:58

Has the migraine gone jojo?

I'm reluctant to announce that I have begun extreme nesting. I have started on the kitchen. It's a slippery downhill slope now.

10 weeks left of nesting, Frus!

Jojobump1986 Sat 23-Mar-13 21:30:14

Yes, thanks! All ok most of today except that my back started hurting after walking round B&Q & Tesco! My belly's felt a little sensitive today & I've had the odd BH. Not convinced I've felt very many movements but that could be because I was active all morning & he could just be having a restful day! Will count movements tomorrow just to be sure though!

I'm actually nesting, as in 'gathering materials to build a nest'! grin Today I bought plastic dust sheets & bed mats! Very exciting! I can't believe that I'm nearly 7 weeks off being 'term'. I just don't know where the time has gone! confused

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 23-Mar-13 22:05:32

Don't worry bring, I have plenty to fill those 10 weeks with; painting, carpeting, a few more kitchen cupboards, the fridge, the freezer... And that before I start on the skirting boards, and if I have time I may even do the oven. grin

jojo I'm rather envy that you're closer to the end than me.

Oh believe me, I know the feeling. I feel like 10 weeks isn't enough time to get all the crap done that I've somehow decided needs to be finished!

Frus I think Jojo means term as in 37wks, I think you are due before her, makes abig difference when I think about it , 9wks3 to due date but 6wks3 to term and when dd was born shock!
( I've allready done my fridge wink)
Glad your feeling better Jojo I've not had any bh I feel I'm missing out as never had any last time either!
Still no idea where little girl is currently settled, if you feel hiccups which part of the body will you feel the jump from? The head?
We've bought a new matress for dd big girl bed not arrived yet but will in the next few weeks, now just to decide if my baby is old enough to make that step, 19 months!! She's still my baby hmm

Jojobump1986 Sun 24-Mar-13 09:21:24

Yes, term not due date - I think you're about a week ahead of me Frus. I'm counting down to term rather than due date because it's closer & marks the day that I can start trying all the crazy long walks/bouncing/spicy food methods to encourage him out! wink

Kitty let me know how that goes - we're planning on moving DS into his own room/bed for his 2nd birthday in October so any tips you can give us would be much appreciated!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 24-Mar-13 09:25:21

Not felt any hiccups this time kitty

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 24-Mar-13 16:33:47

Woo. Time for a sitdown. The urge to clean my kitchen has just about abated. Granted my kitchen is now at a level of spotless that even the spiders are moving out in confusion. either that or they're gassed out by the smell of bleach
DH has just gone to cook dinner, I almost didnt let him, he's not the tidiest of chefs.

I don't think I could count down to term, I know I'll be disappointed when he is "late" even if he isn't

Patience and starting out with very low expectations on it's going to go is my advice for moving young ones into a new bed or new room. Also, putting a baby gate in front of the door but leaving the door open has worked for us. Lots of trips to the bedroom to help them get back into bed and reminding them it's bedtime.... yeah, it's a phase, it's a process, but eventually they get it. Good luck!

Usually I feel the hiccup sensation closer to where the head is- so lately it's been feeling like my pelvis is actually vibrating whenever she hiccups.

I've just been saying early June for the due date. I'm trying not to get settled on her coming early like #1 and #2 did....although it would be nice!

Jojobump1986 Sun 24-Mar-13 23:27:43

I'd rather get impatient while waiting 5 weeks for him to arrive than have him arrive before I expect him! It's ridiculous but I was expecting DS1 to be 2 weeks late & was gearing up to argue my case for expectant management when he arrived at 41+1. I was continuing with life as normal until my waters broke while I was out! My mum was induced with my DB but both me & DSis were exactly 2 weeks late so I was expecting the same. I won't be caught unawares this time unless he's pre-term & then I think I have a right to be surprised!

I think I was spoilt with my early arrival last time as wasn't expecting it at all but liked it that way as didn't have time to worry about it, my bag would have made you all laugh, I had nothing, still didn't cause a problem, now I know from 37wks ill be thinking is today the day?
Thanks for the advice bring, dd is a really good sleeper and the bed is quite high so not too worried about her getting out, we've bought a side guard and she has always had her door shut and room pitch black, majority as her current room is attached to ours so we didn't disturb her, I'm hoping it won't affect her too much but if it does ill keep her in her room for longer and borrow another cot, don't want to rock the boat too early

Jojo it's funny how you put your experiences down to expect the same as your family but in away it does seem to have some merit, my mum had us all at 37wks too and her labour was similar to me and dsis , dsis was 38 and 37wks maybe our family likes them out earlier ( crosses fingers)

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 25-Mar-13 13:42:11

My experiences have been totally different from my family's. I was smack bang on time, and my sis was 2months prem. dd1 and dn were both 2 weeks late. And dd2 was a week early. Only thing I have to go on is this one not arriving on due-date.

Uhh, at what point am I going to stop cleaning?

Lorelei353 Mon 25-Mar-13 15:12:07

Uhh, at what point am I going to start cleaning? Nesting has not kicked in...

Jojobump1986 Mon 25-Mar-13 15:29:04

I'm 'nesting'. By which I mean 'sitting on the sofa eating crispy cake nests'! grin Truth be told, the crispy cake goo didn't make it as far as being made into nests. I put it in a bowl & scoffed the lot! blush I might go clean up after myself so DH doesn't find out... Does that count as 'cleaning'?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 25-Mar-13 15:54:52

lorelei you can have some of mine, it's on overdrive, I've been scrubbing slam panels, walls, and the veg storage thing today. although I'm sure the dog can get them scanky again in no time

jojo no. if it does it means I've been nesting since conception wink

Frus I'm with you, I can tell when I'm in it bad as I start to wish I didn't have my cats as the minute I clean something they jump up and mess it and it makes me stressed ( usual I just accept it!) I have just made flap jack and chocolate crunch as part of my good mummy baking with dd I really fancied flap jack all day
Jojo I hide wrappers after a McDonald's from dh in bin ( it's just good sence in my opinion)

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 25-Mar-13 19:03:53

I don't hide the evidence; DH knows I eat crap. grin

Just picked up a carrycot eBay bargain that mil has kindly paid for, will do instead of moses basket, and fits on buggy Drove DHs car, <laughs hysterically> I want mine back. I love my big car. Trouble with his is bumpy seems to be squashed between my bladder and under my ribs. Ouchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now