Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

Jojobump1986 Sat 02-Mar-13 10:54:46

I loathe the smell of bananas. Obviously that was what DH was feeding DS when he was sick a few days ago! Banana flavoured vomit is not a nice smell. Poor DH - I stood in the opposite corner of the house asking if there was anything I could pass him while he cleaned everything up! blush

I wasn't feeling overly nervous until I heard about my SIL's experience. She went into labour on Sunday morning, waters broke in the evening & then nothing much seemed to happen. They ended up going in to be induced on Tuesday morning & nothing happened... so they put her on a drip... no change...! By this point she was 3cm dilated & not progressing so they ended up having to do a section. That's the thing that scares me more than anything else! My DM gave me the impression that SIL didn't really seem to have done much to prepare herself for labour & seemed to have an 'it'll be fine', flippant kind of attitude. I spent most of my last labour thinking through what my body was supposed to be doing & visualising it happening. I'm telling myself that our attitudes are what made the difference between our labours & therefore my labour will be fine, just like the last one. I know this isn't how it works really!

DS was absolutely fine for about 44 hours & we were all set to go visit my new niece today. 48 hours after his first 'episode' he had another explosive nappy! sad I very nearly burst into tears when I heard it happening! Looks like we'll have to wait until next weekend to go now. He's never really been ill before. Just colds etc. but we've never had proper vomit. It's just typical that it'd have to happen when we want to go visit a newborn & an ill, elderly person! It's DGM's 80th next Monday. I'll be leaving DS with DH & going by myself if he's not healthy next weekend! It's highly likely that this will be her last big birthday, probably her last birthday at all. Nothing's going to stop me getting over there!

You can always take the supplement of calcium and magnesium too if you're not up for mag-rich foods.

Normally I hate bananas or anything banana-flavored....now I CRAVE them smothered in peanut butter. So bizarre.

Kitty and Jo you know there is something in the saying "the power of the mind" It's all about preparation, visualization, and trusting in your body that makes a huge difference in how labor and birth unfolds. You've both done this before, your body and your baby will know just how to do this again.

I too am very curious on how this labor will happen and how it will be. I've done it twice before, both were before their due-dates, and both labors were very quick! I'm trying to prepare with this baby being 10 days late and her labor taking it's time and her being sunny-side up or something crazy like that. I need to start getting back into my hypnobabies CDs soon!

Bring on my friend was very much of the mind set that you make your own destiny etc and if you tell yourself something like you will find a feather today you will! I'm not a great believer but it was pointed out by the other friend sat with us that I said all the way through my last pregnancy I don't want to go over, anytime after 37wks is fine and dd was born 37wks to the day, I was also adamant I wasn't having forceps etc and didn't! On the other side I had it in my head before we even tried for a baby it would take me ages or not happen, no basis except I'd never had a scare and thought it was possible I had pcos, it took over 18months and I got my bfp the day we went for fertility testing, not that unusual except since I realised I can get pregnant and knocked the notion out of my head I have had no trouble getting pregnant again and only had one af since dd birth falling without trying after only dtd twice before af arrived etc this hasn't always worked out but proves that I obviously have no trouble getting pregnant and would be classed as incredibly fertile if based on since dd birth... Something to think about anyway!

One thing I am counting on is a quick labour, right or wrong most women seem to go quicker and mine was fast last time plus is for my dsis and dmum, pretty certain that will be the same!
Fx for a speedy recovery for you son Jojo, so typical isn't it sad

Librarina Sat 02-Mar-13 22:05:14

Kittykats My baby is a BFP the day of the fertility clinic as well. I phoned them up to cancel the appointment, and they said it happens all the time!

Well, we've had an eventful day. I went to the loo earlier this evening with cramps, and was expecting another bout of explosive pooh, however when I wiped there was blood. Not loads but red and when I thought about it I couldn't remember the last time I felt baby kick. So I phoned Midwife Triage and they said to pop in. When we got there, I squeezed out a wee sample and there was no new blood and they found the heartbeat straight away, but to be on the safe side they did an exam. Anyway all was fine, bump gave an almighty kick and they said I was ok to go home, probably just a change to the cervix caused by pregnancy.

It was only when I got home and went to the loo again that I realised I had a tiny tear on my bottom and that must be where the blood came from. I felt very silly and really hope they'd not noticed when they did the exam. I'd hate for the dishy young Doctor to think I couldn't tell my arse from my fanjo (but I don't mind you guys thinking it)

Am very relieved everything's fine, and DH was brilliant, very calm and competent, he tells me now that he was bricking it too, but he was so reassuring on the outside,

Early night now I think, and no more excitement for us!

grin At cant tell ass from fanjo lol I'm not sure I could see down there to check lib so I think you've done very well spotting it, it's so scarey seeing blood isn't it even if its not much!

I have heard the fertility thing is common, I guess I felt we could relax as we were doing something about it but I had no idea I was pregnant, after describing the previous "weird "cycle to doctor, short, af only lasting a day or 2 and then getting a positive opk from cd13 the following month when usual cd17-19 she said are your boobs sore and I was like hmmm a little bit and she said I think you should do a test so in doctors toilet I got bfp lol I felt abit of an idiot but in defence it was before mumsnet etc so I didn't really know about implantation bleeds etc, to me you bleed your on af start again the same as usual, really glad it worked for you too, how long had you been trying? X

Jojobump1986 Sun 03-Mar-13 09:04:24

Lib I had that last time. Only called the OOH GP, rather than rushing in & he was v reassuring & told me not to worry unless there was more blood. I felt really silly when I realised where the blood was really coming from! blush Glad everything's ok! smile

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 03-Mar-13 19:18:40

Anyone nesting yet? I am beginning to get bored of the amount of cleaning that I'm doing. There has to be a point where I'm happy, I'm even looking at walls thinking "hmm, I could paint that" I'm even looking at new carpets. It's driving me nuts.

Jojobump1986 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:17:44

I've had a few nesting days over the last couple of weeks but my 'nesting' seems to manifest as copious amounts of cooking! DH isn't complaining about my new-found need to bake fresh bread & cakes every few days! I have plenty of resting days in between though because I tend to get over excited that I actually have some energy & do too many things! blush

Oh good lord, yes. Painting, organizing, cleaning out closets, making lists, new washer and dryer, getting carpet done in a few weeks....it's getting borderline ridiculous. If this is my nesting right now, I'm scared to see what I'll be doing when my actual "nesting" period begins at the end!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 03-Mar-13 21:27:55

I'm sure my DH would have a fit if I started baking jojo grin although I am sure he's just waiting for me to start blitzing the kitchen cupboards. that only happens when I'm nesting

I had alien belly earlier, I couldn't feel it, or see it (too low down so see over the bump), but DH said it was really moving. Slightly confused as I'm not sure why I couldn't feel it.

Lorelei353 Mon 04-Mar-13 11:24:10

Librarine your post really made me laugh. I'm sure it wasn't at all funny at the time but love the use of word 'fanjo'! grin.

I'm really not nesting. I'm curious to see how much that instinct will kick-in when it's supposed to because I think I'm generally missing the nesting gene. That said, we've done a lot of work in the flat to get the spare room ready but that's all been down to DH making me do it.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 04-Mar-13 11:55:06

Fanjo is such a funny word. grin
I partake in extreme nesting lorelei I've done the cleaning out closets, organising, throwing crap stuff I don't need away. Oh and ive fitted the buggyboard to the pram, and I'm debating painting the front room. I'm not the tidiest of people when I'm not pregnant, and I horde, so when I'm pregnant, I just seem to go into overdrive with it all.

extreme nesting for me involves the kitchen. Usually cleaning all the cupboards, under the cooker, behind the washing machine etc it's strange because its such an uncontrollable urge, I'm looking at it now, knowing it won't be long before I need to do it.
At the moment it's just a "oh I could clean that, but it I cba I won't"

Haha, Frus I'm EXACTLY the same way. "Meh" when it comes to cleaning and tidying when not pregnant-->Super-cleaning-psycho-woman when I'm pregnant. DH just stays away from me when I'm in a cleaning mood. He says I'm impossible to reason with if I'm trying to get things done and just tells me I shouldn't clean if it's going to make me so crazy. He hired a cleaning lady to come once a month because if I go on a cleaning streak, I'm so exhausted by the end of the day that I'm just useless grin.

Lorelei353 Mon 04-Mar-13 14:36:34

That all sounds hilarious. I'll keep you posted if/when it kicks in for me!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 04-Mar-13 15:06:55

I don't think a cleaning lady would help me bring I'd just clean after her if pregnant.

I'm with frus, although I'm abit of a cleaner anyway my urge to clean he hung cupboards and take things out goes mad, dh definatly says I've been worse this time early on but I think it's just the house is more messy this time because of dd, he doesn't like me telling him what needs to be done!
Also done alot of baking but put that down to the fact I want to eat the baked goods!! smile

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 04-Mar-13 16:05:37

Ooh, that was definitely a BH. Went all round my back any everything.
Ooh and another one.
Does anyone know if I am more likely to get them if I'm tired and had a busy weekend?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 04-Mar-13 16:09:24

Oh stuffy-lots, visual disturbances too. Anyone want to put bets on the chances of my having a full blown migraine before 8pm? <sigh>

Yes to the more frequent BH ctx when you're tired and have over-done it. Also really common with dehydration and low blood sugars. They are going to become more common as you get further along as well. Rest if you can and have a snack with a tall glass of water.

So....I have developed some sort of wrist ailment that has left my left wrist, palm and pinky finger tingly and in a ton of pain. Dr. Google has described the symptoms as Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome. Lovely. I think I slept on my arm funny so I'm hoping it's a one-day deal and it doesn't happen through the whole pregnancy! sad

The wrist thing went away for most of the day, and now that it's bedtime....it's back with a vengeance. This seriously cannot be my hand for the next 10 weeks, it. will. drive. me. bonkers. Also, in other news we're getting 10 inches of snow through tonight and into tomorrow night. Can mother nature order up some spring weather for me soon? Cabin fever over here big time!

Oh bring that sucks, I have heard you can get carpel tunnel syndrome in pregnancy, my dads had it and had to have an operation but obviously it's different when caused by pregnancy, is there anything that seems to trigger it? It's usually doing something repetitive like typing I think?
More snow!, I'm hoping our weather is on the turn as we've had a few lovely blue days, still bitterly cold but nice to feel spring is around the corner

Librarina Tue 05-Mar-13 10:03:02

Please can I have some of your nesting urges? I think mine is broken. I am lazy and dislike cleaning very much. I've done very well and taken a few bags of books to the charity (so they are no longer in piles up the stairs) but apart from that I've not really cleaned anything and the lovely spring sunlight is showing off cobwebs and dust bunnies all over the place.

28wks!!!! Had mw yesterday and measuring 1cm behind so abit bigger then it was with dd, unfortunatly at the min bubs is breech- so hoping this will change, I had a suspicion as feel kicks so very low down in my pubic line and previously they have been higher, next one not for another 6 wks now but do have my 4d scan a week on Friday! Anything I can do to turn her the right way up do you think?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 06-Mar-13 12:09:33

Im sure theres plenty of time to turn yet kitty I'm sure mine is still doing full somersaults. feels like it anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now