Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 27-Feb-13 08:20:34

Morning kitty sorry you've had a bad night. I'll share my wierd dreams with you to cheer you up, 1st one; may bath was in the kitchen, and I had a bath, and only on getting out of the bath did I realise I had my bra on. 2nd dream bumpy was kicking, and I could see toes and everything. Was very wierd.

Very strange frus?! Wonder what the bra in the bath thing was? A water birth preminition perhaps wink
I've just looked on my pregnancy tracker and it says I'm in the third tri at 27wks? If you work it out in 3s then it would be just over 26wks wouldn't it, is there no definate answer for when the third tri is surposed to start? Bring when would you say it is?

Lorelei353 Wed 27-Feb-13 09:39:03

Morning all.
Sounds like a rough night kitty. If it helps I was having loads of hip pain at night and was getting worried about it but it seemed to be a phase that's mostly passed now. I'm sure it'll come back but it's eased off a lot.

I'm on 25 weeks too bring. Feels like things are racing along to me though! June suddenly isn't feeling that far away!

I don't know if I've felt hiccups or not but I definitely have quite an active little wriggler, which is fun.

So, fortunately my knee got a lot better. I stayed out of work on Thursday and Friday and just rested it a lot. When I walked in the house I used a crutch to take the weight off and it just seemed to ease off. I'm so relieved because my mum was over at the weekend and we wanted to do some shopping! Had a fab time. On Monday we were booked in for facials, scrubs, mani/pedis etc. in a spa followed by amazing afternoon tea. Such a wonderful pamper day. I think I need more of those in the coming months!

Good news about the knee lor, I was wondering how you were getting on with it. Thanks for the hope that my hips may just be a phase, I've never seen anyone with crutches so I think I've just read to many threads on mumsnet worrying me lol
I love shopping and pampering grin

Lorelei353 Wed 27-Feb-13 13:42:39

I know how you feel kitty. I had slight pubic pain a few weeks ago and had to really stop myself from panicking that it was going to turn into SPD - it didn't.

I do find getting up and circling my hips helps a lot. Also, if they're sore in the evening, sitting on an exercise ball before bed helped too.

Supposedly the 3rd tri starts at 28 weeks.

So glad the knee is feeling better! That stuff can be mighty painful. And I agree with the pamper days.... they may be few and far between once your little one gets here. Soak up the loveliness of being a free woman smile

Sorry to hear about the sore hips, Kitty Is it just at night or are they starting to ache through the day as well? Have you tried doing some yoga stretches and taking a hot bath with epsom salts before bed to loosen up the tight muscles?

Jojobump1986 Wed 27-Feb-13 17:25:17

My SIL had a little girl in the early hours of this morning! smile DS waited until I was just getting things ready for the hour long drive over before revealing in the smelliest way possible that my dodgy stomach at the weekend wasn't just sensitivity to something I ate but an infectious bug of some kind. sad No lovely snuggly newborn cuddles for me for at least 48 hours! I could cry! I did consider heading over there anyway & leaving DS with my mum while we visited them but my DGM is staying with them because she's really frail & awaiting the results of a bladder lump biopsy... She really doesn't need to be exposed to bugs right now! <Sigh> If I was my foster sister it either wouldn't occur to me that there was anything wrong with going, or I would just assume it'd be fine. Sometimes I really hate being the sensible, responsible one! I want to meet my niece! sad

Ah Jojo that sucks but good for you for thinking if them, it's often tempting not to like when dd had the pox as she wasn't ill at all when the spots came out so it was hard being house bound when she was her usual self but I think I'd want the same consideration with a new born etc, they are so vulnerable
Bring, last time was the first night of hip pain although had siatic pain on and off for a few weeks, bad today but been ok for the last week

Can someone please send a note (because she surely isn't listening to me) to my fetus telling her to PLEASE STOP USING MY PELVIC ORGANS AS A TRAMPOLINE? The amount of jabs in the cervix I've received today has driven me to distraction and actual tears. I would liken it to someone repeatedly hitting you in the forehead with a football-annoying and painful after a while! URGH!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 28-Feb-13 08:07:09

I've sent a note bring but mine isn't listening either.

Are they all in on it together?!?!

Lorelei353 Thu 28-Feb-13 10:04:31

Mine was definitely doing that last night too. It's SO uncomfortable and painful at times. Seems to love that position in the late evening/just as I'm going to bed.

Oh dear. They are just little June-due trouble makers aren't they?

Lorelei353 Thu 28-Feb-13 17:14:51

Gang of rapscallions bring

Librarina Fri 01-Mar-13 09:45:39

Fie! on maliciously trampolining babies (but Yay! really cos we'd be so much more worried if we couldn't feel them pogoing away)

I've started listening to a preganancy relaxation CD Here which seems quite annoying as I'm listening to it "Shine a warm light on your bay-beeee"... but has had the miraculous effect of sending me to deep sleep for an entire night, which I haven't had for weeks.

26 weeks PG today. I'm celebrating by taking bump to a Gig and having an enormous milkshake (I love bars that serve decent non-alcoholic drinks!)

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 01-Mar-13 18:07:14

Mmm milkshake <drools>
27wks and my app said I'm now in the 3rd tri. Woo. 2 down 1 to go.

Mine said 3rd for 27wks aswell frus that's why I'd questioned it before, yeay for Fridays!!!
Oh and in other development news had my first leg night cramp last night, oh how I remember that unpleasant side effect, I know there's something you can eat or something to help but can't remember what lol

Librarina Fri 01-Mar-13 20:19:10

I think its a stiff G&T which is the cure for cramp!

Well if that's the advice wink

Calcium/magnesium smile Works wonders for leg cramps!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 01-Mar-13 21:55:12

Perhaps we have the same app kitty?
g&t sounds more appealing that calcium/magnesium. Banana or gin? I don't actually like gin, (or bananas) would any alcohol work? I am so glad it's the weekend, only 10wks until I start mat leave, or 23 working days, which sounds much closer than it is, but much easier to count down
Anyone else getting nervous yet?

Lorelei353 Sat 02-Mar-13 00:17:45

quinine in the tonic is supposed to work - so more tonic, less gin! grin

I like libs suggestion more wink where do I get magnesium from? Like frus ( my obvious twin) I don't like bananas anything with them or smell
I had it last time aswell even though tried to uptake my calcium but I can feel it in leg now just waiting for me to stretch then bam
Frus I'm nervous but more because I had such a good experience of birth last time and pregnancy really never getting to a point where I hated it and never getting to the point where I worried about birth as she came before I expected, I'm worried this time it will be totally different and ill end up needing a cs or intervention, both things I really want to avoid! Oh and that ill go over aswell, I like my 37wk duration babies wink

Librarina Sat 02-Mar-13 09:16:27

Spinach, black beans and Halibut are all high in Magnesium. However they make a shit smoothie so I'm having frozen banana, red berries and ginger yoghurt in mine!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 02-Mar-13 10:02:04

hmm spinach, blackbean and halibut smoothie. <boak>

Never heard of ginger yoghurt lib

kitty I'm hoping I don't go over, had 42+1 and 39+1 previously, so somewhere in the middle would be good. But anywhere between 38 and 42 is term. Although I'll be happy to stay in May. Both of my labours were completely different, but relatively straight forward.
I'm more worried about the logistics of childcare when in labour and having a newborn again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now