Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

TeaOperated Tue 02-Apr-13 20:22:31

Can't be done with a closed cervix so I got a 'massage' instead. Which suggests something rather more relaxing... Some bleeding and twinge though, so prob all helps in the end!

StormyBrid Wed 03-Apr-13 09:15:39

Hope it helps, Tea - you've only got 73 more posts before the thread closes. Give that baby its marching orders!

Oodsigma Wed 03-Apr-13 09:47:48

Well noticed stormy let's get all the babies out on this thread!

TeaOperated Wed 03-Apr-13 11:58:00

With the induction booked for Monday think 70-odd messages should do it, unless things are particularly prolonged!

SoYo Fri 05-Apr-13 10:12:04

Hi Tea, hope you've planned some lovely indulgences for last few nights of freedom! This is exactly what DH & I did and then the wee pest came....sod's law I suppose but you win either way!

TeaOperated Fri 05-Apr-13 19:56:00

Hi SoYo, yes, nice things planned (and three hours of mad gardening activity just now which I thought would have scared the baby out). Lots of nice things planned for Sunday, which is my birthday... What's the betting things kick off then! How are you and LO doing?

leniwhite Fri 05-Apr-13 22:09:16

Wouldn't it be great if LO arrived on your birthday!

pudtat Sun 07-Apr-13 07:04:01

happy birthday tea!

TeaOperated Sun 07-Apr-13 19:58:40

Thanks Pudtat! Have been spoilt rotten, and no sign of anyone wanting to share the birthday, so car all packed for induction tomorrow...

SoYo Sun 07-Apr-13 21:40:38

Happy birthday Tea xx

pudtat Sun 07-Apr-13 22:01:59

in that case hope all goes ell for u. smile

leniwhite Sun 07-Apr-13 22:57:46

Happy birthday and good luck for the induction! Looking forward to seeing you on the post natal board asap - wishing you a swift and lovely birth grin

StormyBrid Mon 08-Apr-13 07:35:55

Come on, BabyTea, time to come out! And belated happy birthday Tea.

leniwhite Tue 09-Apr-13 18:54:36

Hope Tea has a baby by now grin

pudtat Wed 10-Apr-13 07:18:10

fx all went well and she's just distracted by having a newborn - not that they take all the time in the world or anything...wink

TeaOperated Thu 11-Apr-13 08:28:12

Hello ladies! Isobel Poppy was born at 9.15pm on Tuesday. It wasn't a great birth - after 12 hrs of contractions every 2 min I needed the drip and nearly eloped with the anaesthetist who gave me the epidural. Then a lovely 6 hours snoozing, before pushing with baby back to back, hyper stimulated and the epidural running out for a hour and a half. After which surgery, another amazing anaesthetist, and forceps. Oh, and one of the midwives thought she had Downs, which led to a few overnight worries.

But actually, it was fine. And she is utterly, utterly beautiful (albeit beaten up by forceps!). We're still in hospital, partly because of the rough labour and partly because Issy doesn't really see why she should bother to eat when she's sleepy. Hoping for home today, though, as going a bit crazy in here...!

Seriously,though, if it ever goes wrong with DH I'm finding me an anaesthetist. Magical, wonderful people.

Oodsigma Thu 11-Apr-13 08:35:53

Congratulations tea smile

So that's it! All the babies are here!

SoYo Thu 11-Apr-13 08:55:44

Congratulations Tea! Well done for coping so well with all that. Hope you get home today & come & join us on the other side.

All March babies are now accounted for & causing trouble, finding their feet (and flappy hands) & being discussed over on the postnatal thread!

pudtat Thu 11-Apr-13 09:04:59

yay for Issy! well done you for coming through a tough labour, but she'll be worth it.

not the first sleepy baby with feeding issues so lots of support available on post natal thread. be gentle with yourself.

leniwhite Thu 11-Apr-13 15:13:14

Brilliant Tea! Sounds like you were superhuman grin see you on post natal when you're home and ready

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now