Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

TeaOperated Thu 28-Mar-13 11:05:44

Didn't sleep brilliantly, but not too bad - two 2hr + chunks and then about an hour at a time. DH still getting up for work just after 6, and I can never get back to sleep after that, so go back to bed after breakfast and knit/read for a bit.

Incontinence pants a good idea - although I'm currently thinking the more prepared I am the less likely it is to happen...

Determined to keep chin up today, so just about to get up/dressed in least unflattering clothes/put proper make up on, walk (waddle) into town to join the library and sign up for a dentist, and this afternoon I'm going to make cushion covers with bits left over from hemming the curtains.

Yes, I'm bored and making plans to save sanity...Half tempted to phone work and see if I can do an early keep in touch day wink - they're clearly really busy from what I can see on Twitter. Resisting so far!

The sliding baby thing is odd - I can't feel it go over my organs, but just a sort of 'flump' when I turn over. And it hurts. Tempted to fit a winch to the ceiling if I go much further over!

No meaningful pains etc today - just a pretty constant low level ache. Ah well.

leniwhite Thu 28-Mar-13 17:27:26

Waters broke at midday, now contracting every 3-4 mins so been sent home from hospital. Baby's fine grin progressing well I'm told. Hoping to be going back in by tonight

TeaOperated Thu 28-Mar-13 17:49:05

Ooh, exciting! Good luck and keep us posted! grin

Oodsigma Thu 28-Mar-13 18:08:06

Ooh good luck leni

SoYo Fri 29-Mar-13 04:51:25

Yay, good luck Leni! Looking forward to hearing good news soon! grin

pudtat Fri 29-Mar-13 07:55:09

hope all going well leni. smile

leniwhite Fri 29-Mar-13 09:08:23

Very happy to announce that Albie White-Knight was born at 5.05am this morning, 7lbs 2. Absolutely perfect! Born in the water after only 4 hours between 4cm and fully dilated with just a diamorphine shot! He's really beautiful...

TeaOperated Fri 29-Mar-13 10:31:43

Huge, huge congratulations Leni - and Albie is a beautiful name (he's very lucky indeed with his surname!)

Hope you're all keeping well and have a magical time getting to know each other! X

leniwhite Fri 29-Mar-13 10:43:25

Thanks Tea - hope you have an announcement soon - keep me posted! X

SoYo Fri 29-Mar-13 11:10:40

Congratulations Leni, sounds like a great birth, well done you! Hope you're enjoying the little man. X

pudtat Fri 29-Mar-13 11:15:10

Many congrats leni - great name and sounds like all went really well for you. Let's hope it continues as smoothly.

Oodsigma Fri 29-Mar-13 12:02:46

Congrats leni smile

StormyBrid Fri 29-Mar-13 13:13:28

Nice one, leni! See you on the other thread. And Tea, hurry up and join us there!

FurryFox Fri 29-Mar-13 16:48:36

Congratulations leni smile. Hope all is well and Ilove his name!

pudtat Fri 29-Mar-13 17:12:29

so tea - how you holding up?

TeaOperated Sat 30-Mar-13 08:15:10

Hey Pudtat - ok thanks, think the baby's going to be a few days yet and getting a weensy bit fed up so making sure I'm planning something nice for every day!

How's your LO doing?

pudtat Sat 30-Mar-13 08:20:07

just bf at the mo tho will be topping him up when he's finished - however long that takes!

glad you have nice things to look forward to - I never quite made it to that part of the schedule and am only just ticking off some of the things on the list which I'd hoped to get done grin

pudtat Sun 31-Mar-13 11:44:53

Off to my parents for lunch - will be interesting, first outing where we've had to allow for feeds etc, think will look like i've packed for a fortnight!

Hope you have lovely Easter-y things planned Tea, enjoy some chocolate!

TeaOperated Sun 31-Mar-13 17:03:45

Ooh, good luck Pudtat!

Very full of chocolate, have been out for a nice lunch and a wander round a gallery, and the right team have won the boat race. DH & I enjoying a bonus relaxed weekend just the two of us. No sign of any action from Peanut!

pudtat Sun 31-Mar-13 18:46:29

well enjoy it. they won't happen for a while!

leniwhite Sun 31-Mar-13 19:27:56

I second that Tea!

My belly is now a sort of floppy jellyfish, so enjoy those last few days where peanut is still cosy in a nice round bump wink

pudtat Tue 02-Apr-13 08:37:34

I dunno - at least after the first couple of nights I could sleep on the jellyfish! Its slowly going down - MW seem pleased with contraction of womb - although mat trousers still comfy option. I am literally dreaming of skinny jeans and boots... feet are slowly recovering from swollen hell too - I can now wear my trainers not just my crocs.

Hope you are managing to enjoy yourself and take it really easy Tea, you will be grateful for the rest if you can manage it.

Emsyboo Tue 02-Apr-13 10:25:10

Congrats leni just catching up and saw your lovely news well done!
Goodluck tea enjoy this time if you can smile

TeaOperated Tue 02-Apr-13 17:45:10

Just back from MW... Peanut v comfortable, engaged again, cervix closed though. But have an induction booked for next Monday, so one way or the other, the end is in sight...

leniwhite Tue 02-Apr-13 19:25:40

There's still time! Did you have a sweep or is it not possible when cervix is closed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now