Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

leniwhite Wed 20-Mar-13 19:59:15

My brain struggled to get the question there vivee... not sure I have any useful input hmm

Gah, I'm raging again today. Just got a severely depleted last pay cheque which I had expected to be the normal amount (and had budgeted around it being so). Probably one of those things to do with them paying three weeks of one month plus one from the next or something, so it includes a week at 90% pay but I still don't understand confused

The black mould situation in our flat won't be resolved before the birth and they're going to start painting and drilling walls right when I'm struggling with a newborn!

Can't get a response from my music publisher about more money I was relying on to cover my mat leave either, I get so angry when people can't even spend 2 minutes typing a simple courtesy response when they know I'm about to have a baby!

I feel like smashing plates with frustration, especially because I know I'm being completely melodramatic.

Sorry all, rant over.

pudtat Wed 20-Mar-13 21:06:13

Oh Leni, how frustrating! Not unreasonable, though perhaps try to hold off on the plates (think of all that bending to clear up LOL!).

We came home today. First night alone ahead, which given last night could be interesting.

Hope all is well with the ladies in waiting, and things get quieter in the area round Vivee!

leniwhite Thu 21-Mar-13 00:26:22

What happened last night Pud? How's it all going?

pudtat Fri 22-Mar-13 21:21:15

hi leni, my post on the post natal thread explains. just fair to say they don't prepare you for bf at all. check out the thread for what I would say is "normal".

its very quiet in here, are peple otherwise engagaed?

StormyBrid Sat 23-Mar-13 08:28:59

Well I'm hoping leni's gone quiet because she's busy having a baby. She's not posted in two days. What news, leni?

leniwhite Sat 23-Mar-13 09:01:05

Hi both, nope, not a sausage yet hmm but went for a first walk last night in a few days and feel like baby's now jammed somewhere hugely painful! Can barely walk and belly keeps going hard. Still no idea if it's a sign of something happening, just feel 'off' IYKWIM.

Pud I read your other post - sounds really stressful and you're right that we barely get any info about bfing considering how much of a big thing it is to feed your baby. What's the latest? Hope it's not spoiling your first few days...

I'm assuming everyone else is now popped and in the throes of newborn madness!

StormyBrid Sat 23-Mar-13 09:18:37

Belly going hard? Contractions involve that, don't they? Could be early stages! I'll be checking the thread throughout the day, so do keep us posted if anything happens, won't you?

SoYo Sat 23-Mar-13 09:32:24

Sounds promising Leni! Keep up the walking (interspersed with putting feet up and enjoying time to do so) and fingers crossed we'll see you on the PN thread soon!

leniwhite Sat 23-Mar-13 11:11:01

I'll keep you posted! Thought as it's snowing he'll probably want to arrive this weekend - sod's law etc wink

StormyBrid Sat 23-Mar-13 11:24:37

It is a bit grim out, isn't it? Hope you don't have too long a drive to the hospital when the time comes. And don't do what I did and hang around at home until 8cm thinking you've barely got started - giving birth in a car in any weather isn't ideal, let alone in snow!

I'm about to be very brave, and venture out in it with the baby all by myself for the first time. Am very worried she'll not be warm enough, but suspect I'm being paranoid. Wish me luck!

leniwhite Sat 23-Mar-13 12:47:58

It's only 7km away luckily! Blimey, just imagine trying to get into any sort of birthing position in a car in snow... Doesn't bear thinking about shock

Good luck with your first venture out Stormy - wrap up warm grin

pudtat Sat 23-Mar-13 13:47:09

Belly going hard sounds like at least Braxton Hicks. Mine ramped up in the week or so beforehand again. Hope snow isn't a problem for anyone - no-one needs the extra stress. Good luck.

leniwhite Mon 25-Mar-13 15:05:25

Due tomorrow. Worst pelvic pressure, had a walk to our mortgage meeting today to try and spark action. Got lots of BH's that are fairly sore but not very regular and still no plug or anything, although plenty of yellowish ooze (sorry tmi).

Feel sort of wet down there all the time?

StormyBrid Mon 25-Mar-13 17:18:31

Aside from the wetness, sounds like me two days before I gave birth. Totally failed to notice any sort of plug, so don't count on that giving you advance warning. As for sort of wet - wear a pad for a while then sniff it. And google what amniotic fluid smells like, obviously. And keep us updated!

theshooglypeg Mon 25-Mar-13 19:41:04

Hi all, baby Eilidh was born on Thursday after I was induced on Wednesday. She is wonderful, and I can't speak highly enough of the midwives who got me through labour and the support I've had from the NHS since giving birth. Got home on Saturday.

FuzzyFox, hope you are OK.

Oodsigma Mon 25-Mar-13 19:45:50

leni sounds like the beginning if the end!

Congrats schoogly grin

SoYo Tue 26-Mar-13 05:34:37

Congrats shoogly, hope you're doing ok & not finding it too tiring she says at 5.30 on 3rd feed since 11

FurryFox Tue 26-Mar-13 08:37:16

Hi all. Baby Eva arrived last Thursday after induction on Wednesday. 13 days late and quite a teeny 6lb 11oz which was a bit of a surprise after two bigger babies.

Congratulations shooglypeg, I also can't praise my midwife enough, she was fab, especially during the very quick unexpected delivery, she only managed to get one glove on grin.

Good luck those still waiting.

pudtat Tue 26-Mar-13 08:57:57

Congrats on the arrival of Babypeg and Babyfox -hope all is going well.

Good luck Leni - can't believe it is EDD today and he's 10 days old!

BTW I never had a bloody show. Midwife thinks the snotty but clear bits I had Mon Tues of that week prob was it in the end. And while my waters went with an audible pop and gush (be warned, even when this happens the "gushes" keep on coming for hours- I used 7 maternity pads before i got to the MLU) the smell is quite distinctive.

theshooglypeg Tue 26-Mar-13 09:54:17

Congratulations FurryFox! All going well so far, Eilidh's lying on my chest after a feed and doing lovely snuffly noises.

leniwhite Tue 26-Mar-13 10:19:26

Congrats furry and shooly!

Wow a flurry of activity suddenly...

So it's my due date today shock still getting BH's and wet stuff - i read waters smell like semen - this def doesn't, it's sort of 'clean' smelling, strange. If it is waters though it's been leaking for days which can't be good?!

Will tell the MW this afternoon to make sure.

Been getting texts from friends wishing me luck as if it being my due date means baby will have got the memo and will arrive today, quite amusing wink

Oodsigma Tue 26-Mar-13 11:02:20

furryfox congrats grin

TeaOperated Tue 26-Mar-13 13:36:30

Hello ladies, and huge congrats to all the new mums!

I posted in the early days, and have lurked since. Today's my due date too Leni - and no signs for me. Occasional waves of period type pains but nothing strong, nothing regular, and no more than a couple a day, so nothing. No shows, discharges or anything else. Have a feeling I'm going to be an April mum - wondering if bubba will show up on my birthday, the 7th - Murphy's law would suggest...

It's really odd, isn't it, waiting round, knowing that your whole life is about to change utterly, but not when?

Absolutely exhausted today, though, so rather hoping not to go into labour until I manage a half decent night's sleep!

The crib's just been delivered and needs made, and I have half a dozen little domestic projects to be going on with to keep me occupied, but I think I'm going to make myself a big pot of decaf tea and retreat to the sofa with my knitting, a book and some chocolates for the afternoon. This could be the last time for a while...

leniwhite Tue 26-Mar-13 17:16:46

Tea I'm so glad you're here! Thought maybe I was just going to absorb this baby back somehow because I'm failing at going into labour... It is SO weird not knowing when it'll be.

I had a sweep this afternoon, was fairly uncomfortable really. MW said I'm 1cm dilated but cervix is still 2cm long and he's still only 3/5 engaged. She did two sweeps round and I've been bleeding since - booked for another sweep next Tuesday.

Really hoping something will happen, so far seems to just have made baby go crazy and punch me constantly in the bladder/cervix!

When are you seeing your MW Tea, any sweep potential?

TeaOperated Tue 26-Mar-13 17:51:15

It's nice having some company waiting!

I have a MW appt tomorrow pm Leni, she hasn't mentioned sweeps but would be receptive to her trying! (although I gather no fun at all - 'fairly uncomfortable' when pregnant is the equivalent of 'chuffing sore' the rest of the time isn't it?)

Was only 1/5 engaged on Friday when I saw her last and it doesn't feel like the baby's got any lower.

Sounds like you're making progress at least! And if the baby's going crazy, suggest it's done something... Keep us posted!

I'm trying to be philosophical - every day late means I get more 'me' time, more time with DH, get more little jobs done round the house (finally have honeymoon pictures in an album nearly 4 years on). But getting a little bored now...

Although also on some level I absolutely don't believe that I'm having a baby and will, within a fortnight, (crossing fingers) be a Mum...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now