Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

leniwhite Sun 17-Mar-13 10:54:04

Thanks Stormy grin i know there are some booked inductions but couldn't see anyone who hasn't already announced a birth in the stats thread. Scary!! I guess everyone has moved on to the PN thread...

Once baby arrives I can imagine the last thing you want to talk about is being pregnant!

Bambi86 Sun 17-Mar-13 11:23:30

I'm still waiting, been lurking for a while. EDD 27th March...just too excited grin!

SoYo Sun 17-Mar-13 11:28:05

Leni whine away! I'm still here listening during night feeds! How are you feeling?

StormyBrid Sun 17-Mar-13 14:41:41

It's actually surprisingly quiet on the postnatal thread. No great surprise, really - I expect everyone's too knackered! Only reason I'm managing to get on here is the bottle feeding; it means the man can do night feeds and I get sleep. Combine that with a baby who's sleeping beautifully (so far) and this mothering lark's not so bad. I've just jinxed it, haven't I?

I find myself, at random moments, suddenly realising I'm not pregnant any more. It's a bit weird!

Vivee74 Sun 17-Mar-13 14:46:00

Leni, I'm still here. Due tomorrow but not feeling like there will be any action soon!!!

leniwhite Sun 17-Mar-13 18:20:04

Bambi that's the day after me! I go through phases of totally forgetting anything's about to happen and then just dying for it to happen immediately hmm

Soyo I feel fine though, just aching and got a cracking headache today which is nice.

Vivee have you been given a time limit to go overdue? It's really weird not knowing when this grand life change will happen I think.

My acid reflux has returned with a vengeance in the last couple of days, been waking up virtually choking on it which is lovely shock

pudtat Sun 17-Mar-13 21:24:54

hi leni, and others still pending! on mob at mw led unit as staying for some extra bf support as Lo is not that bothered about sucking... poss linked to tongue tie. FWIW I had no signs at all until my waters broke (glossing the picture rail in the nursery!) so it can be pretty spontaneous. enjoy any last minute chances to plan - poor dh is running round like mad at home trying to get ready for us tomorrow hopefully. amazing what we didn't have ready... oops! be gentle on yourselves though too.

leniwhite Sun 17-Mar-13 23:40:34

Haha, picture rail sounds swanky and very organised!

I dreamt I was trying to BF first the first time on some weird boat with loads of people watching last night confused

Will they cut the tongue tie then?

leniwhite Sun 17-Mar-13 23:41:46

Forgot to ask - why did they use ventouse after only 1hr 45?

pudtat Mon 18-Mar-13 11:30:57

tsfd after 1.45 - its a 35min ambulance ride. smile

leniwhite Mon 18-Mar-13 13:54:28

Was that just pushing time then, not the whole labour surely?

pudtat Mon 18-Mar-13 19:07:10

yes, that was pushing. waters broke 18.15 Fri night. first real contractions 11pm. from 4am were 5 mins apart and lasting 1min. tens was really good. got to mlu at 8.15am, 5cms dilated. got into pool sometime 9-9.30 I think... then pushing from just after 10 (unofficially). he was born 1pm on the nail.

Countmyblessings Mon 18-Mar-13 23:43:14

Hi ladies in waiting - I remember on my day I was posting on this thread whilst having contractions but thinking they were BH and so ignored them
Only when they got slightly stronger that I thought oh boy!!!!
I waited for the kids to be home and sorted dinner out before I called hospital and they told me to come straight there waited another 2 hours for kids to go bed for school that we left not expecting to have baby a few hours later - they had to sort out my ECS!!!!

So you can all just make sure your ready!!!!!

Good luck xx

leniwhite Mon 18-Mar-13 23:45:36

Pud - so much for waters breaking when most relaxed eh? Unless you normally decorate to unwind?!

Count - I'm so ready now, just want to get on with it wink

Vivee74 Tue 19-Mar-13 02:33:41

Leni can understand the feeling. Wide awake from 1:30am with no hope of going back to sleep. Have my next mw appointment on wed, then booked for sweep next Monday. Fingers crossed I don't go too far over...

pudtat Tue 19-Mar-13 03:54:34

hi leni. just drinking a couple od glasses of water ahead of trying to sleep again before 6am feed - don't expect sleep to be easier, just different Vivee! wanted to say happy 39 weeks, hope you get a lovely birth soon and can enjoy these final days in the meantime.

shieldbug Tue 19-Mar-13 11:27:16

Quick post to say congrats to all who have had their babies and hope those overdue ones appear soon!

Am delighted to announce that Arthur George (George seems v. popular at the moment!) was born on 13/03/13 (good date to remember) at 8.55pm, weighing 8 10. He was another v. quick delivery and was born with a knot in his cord (which didn't seem to matter). In the end the head and body came out in the same contraction, so he wasn't hanging around. We are both fine but struggling with bfing- my nipples are sore and bleeding, but his latch seems ok. Nobody seems to be able to quite work out what the problem is, so I'm pumping until I can heal and start trying again. It'll sort itself out in time, I'm sure.

Oodsigma Tue 19-Mar-13 11:32:23

Congrats shield smile have they checked for tongue tie?

leniwhite Tue 19-Mar-13 12:10:37

Congrats Shield - hope the nips heal confused

Thanks Pud, and Vivee I have my fingers crossed for us! Not my legs though, in fact I bounced on the ball so much they feel like they've detached from my pelvis?

Went to buy the tens from Boots and the silly old bag (who I have regular run ins with) tried to tell me I was too late because you have to buy it at 37 weeks?! I didn't bother trying to explain that you don't actually use it until labour starts... But seriously, how can she be so clueless? Then she said she'd never had a baby and never would want to, and said 'see how you go - we'll hear you screaming from here'. Helpful shock does she think I can just decide it's painful and order online halfway through? Good lord.

Anyway, after a nice quiet week last week, my boss is back from leave and I'm having nightmares in my last week before leave officially starts trying to book complicated flights to Norway. Really too tired to bother, awful night's sleep...

Vivee74 Tue 19-Mar-13 15:27:54

Leni did you manage to get a tens machine? I rang my local boots to see if I could come in and pick one up. Just before I left they rang back to say they only had ones for arthritis... Ended up ordering on Friday for next day delivery. Just need the opportunity to use it.....

leniwhite Tue 19-Mar-13 18:51:28

I did the sane Vivee - ordered online for next day delivery so should arrive tomorrow. Why the heck don't they stock it in the shops anymore?

Just started feeling really nauseated and yuck, hoping it means something but could just be the good old acid reflux. Ranitidine has stopped working confused

Countmyblessings Wed 20-Mar-13 03:44:48

Congrats Sheild - you had baby On my due date but as my baby didn't wait 25/2 just hasn't got the same ring to it!!!!!

shieldbug Wed 20-Mar-13 15:54:32

to all those who are still waiting, hope things kick off soon for you.
I'm hoping that furry and shoogly have managed to have theirs by now; I sympathise, 41 weeks + is really uncomfortable.
Ood apparently, it's not tongue-tie, but the mw was rather dismissive rather than checking properly when I suggested that. Still not really sorted although we have had more feeds that have been improved.

Vivee74 Wed 20-Mar-13 17:30:46

Quick question. I had class at birth centre I am booked into last week and she mentioned that they'd had to close one night previously as midwives were required at the large London hospital the birth unit is linked to. Today I had my 40 week appointment as I am 40 + 2. Midwife told me to call ahead as last night the birth centre was closed for the same reason and the hospital was full. Therefore everyone was diverted to another birth centre / hospital. I will not to go to the named birth centre / hospital. Does anyone know what would happen if I arrive at a hospital outside my area? Another thing to worry about....

shieldbug Wed 20-Mar-13 18:51:04

vivee As far as I know, if you go to a hospital in a different area, they are still responsible for arranging mw visits and so on. They will simply pass on your details, most of which will be in your notes anyway. It might be a good idea not to wait too long to phone the hospital when your contractions become more regular in case you have to travel far. Hope when it comes to your turn that the birth centre you want is open and then there won't be an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now