Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

Oodsigma Sun 10-Mar-13 19:40:46

There's where not to go for advice then!

leniwhite Sun 10-Mar-13 20:07:20

Shame really, the rest of her advice was pretty good shock

Countmyblessings Sun 10-Mar-13 23:35:54

I can't believe I have had my dd with me for 14 days!!!!
I still can't believe she's here! What a flippin ride to get here!
I'm in love all over again - I just keep watching her!!!!
She also doesn't like her Moses basket and prefers our bed so off is the duvet while we use sheets so she's not under it and getting too hot!
Thank God for super Kingsize bed!!!!

Countmyblessings Sun 10-Mar-13 23:36:16

Happy Mother's Day all!

eigmum Mon 11-Mar-13 04:05:20

So i am still at hospital and toddler and hubbie have stomach virus so advised to stay another night. Doing much better though and definitely better at getting help! Not the greatest start to being a family of 4 but still feel blessed!

leniwhite Mon 11-Mar-13 07:31:07

Good Eig, last thing you need is a sick bug. Typical timing eh!

I'm suffering with horrendous rage - had a really anger-inducing dream, woke up in agony and now feel like I want to actually rip somebody's face off confused

Got a situation I really wanted resolved before birth and the person who can sort it out just refuses to respond, winds me up beyond all rational thought!! I'm worried if I do get hold of them today I'll kick off and come across like a crazy woman...

Got MW this afternoon and OH already moaning about coming with me, yesterday he was 'nuzzling' me which involved getting in my face and biting my ear when I felt like puking, I almost punched him it made me so mad.

I need to have this baby soon before somebody gets hurt!!

pudtat Mon 11-Mar-13 08:10:57

Oh leni the emotions are weird aren't they? Still tending towards random tears myself (very unlike me!) but you have my sympathy.

Anyone else wondering if the country being covered by a blanket of freezing snow might be the prod some of us need? LOL.

leniwhite Mon 11-Mar-13 09:19:52

Pud seriously, I was SO angry in my dream!! I tried to cry the other day but I just couldn't get any tears to come out - it is completely weird... Especially when it's so out of the blue after a smooth run for nine months up to now with a generally happy mood.

I'm sure the poor sleepless ladies on here could happily kill me right now for moaning!

Only a pathetic amount of snow here but the wind is crazy, slightly worried I'm not going to fit into my warm coat anymore as it's been a few weeks and a lot of belly expansion. Had bigger cramps in bed last night, hope you're right Pud - maybe if trees blow down in the road then baby will decide to show up!

FurryFox Mon 11-Mar-13 10:13:53

Congratulations on all the new arrivals smile, glad to hear of so many new babies.

eigmum Glad you are doing better. Sorry dh and toddler have got stomach bugs, not what you need but hopefully they'll clear up soon.

leni I am so with you on the rage front, have been terrible all of last week but since yesterday it has turned into making me an emotional wreck. I just keep crying at everything which isn't like me at all. I am 40+3 though so that's my excuse.

So who's still left? I can see me getting induced which will be the 20th.

shieldbug Mon 11-Mar-13 12:21:29

eig hope you can manage to relax in hospital and your family gets well soon. Fx that neither you nor the baby catch anything either.

ood felix is a great name

leni hormones are not to be underestimated! hope this situation resolves itself soon.

furry still here! 40+5 today.

Well, I changed the bedsheets last night (in the hope that sod's law would operate and my waters break), have scoffed a hot madras and lots of pineapple, been out in places where waters breaking would be embarrassing, and nothing is happening. I've had lots of show and some contractions since Friday night, but nothing regular. I'm booked in for induction on Sunday, but I want to go to a party at church on paddy's day, with my new baby, so hope to pop way before that! yeah, I know, fat chance!

GrottyPotPlant Mon 11-Mar-13 13:16:30

Just a quick fly-by posting to say that my (still un-named...) son was born on the 2nd of March, 4.5kg (10lbs)!
It was a blood-pressure indiction, and I ended up using no pain relief (not my original plan!!!). It was all fairly quick (I started on the drip at 9 pm, and he arrived less than four hours later). I was really scared about being induced, and didn't want to need an epidural, but it was all less awful than I thought. Really sore- and I tore a lot and needed to be sewn up in surgery, so had a spinal block for than- but only for a few hours. At the time I kept thinking there is no way I can keep this up for hours on end, as I was convinced it would take ages, and then it was suddenly pushing, and pain relief seemed irrelevant compared to the effort and overwhelming urge of the pushing.

Congratulations to all the new arrivals!!

shieldbug Mon 11-Mar-13 13:23:25

well done grotty, especially on delivering such a large son! good luck with choosing a name and hope you heal quickly.

Oodsigma Mon 11-Mar-13 17:30:06

Wow grotty well done smile . Did you know it was a ds?

StormyBrid Mon 11-Mar-13 19:13:48

pudtat ten days of dropped? It has to be soon, surely!

shield I was having a weep yesterday morning and kept rereading what you said on page 31; it helped calm me down a bit, so thank you. We seem to be managing a bit better today. I just wish there was a way to tell if she's getting enough.

Congratulations, Grotty! And massively well done for getting such a big baby out with no pain relief. Come and be smug on the post-natal thread, I'm a bit surrounded by caesarean ladies there at the moment. smile

shieldbug Mon 11-Mar-13 23:16:16

stormy glad to have been some help. Hang on in there. I think if your baby is hungry, it will cry so assume if no crying she's been getting enough. I suppose the test will be to see how she gains weight. I used to worry because I couldn't tell how much ds had taken in, but he piled on the pounds, so that was ok. Any specific bfing questions, just go ahead and ask; there's lots of experience on this and the postnatal thread.

pud, leni and furry. Fx it kicks off for us soon. Who else is left?

Actually, I have a question (tmi alert). I've been having what I assume is a show (thick yellowy mucus often with streaks of blood), but it keeps on happening iyswim since Saturday am. Can this happen or is it a sign of infection? I'm in sufficient pain generally that I can't pinpoint if I'm particularly sore in any relevant parts. I'm a bit embarrassed to ring the mws if it's just a copious show. Any advice welcomed.

SoYo Tue 12-Mar-13 01:44:59

Shield it definitely sounds like a show. Sometimes it comes away all in one & sometimes in little bits for days/weeks. Best description of it is snotty +/- blood with no offensive smell.

pudtat Tue 12-Mar-13 07:51:57

Ha ha stormy who knows? I am 38 weeks today, so by no means guaranteed to even be a Marcher shock. However, everyone who looks at me mutters that I won't make EDD (which would be fine with me right now! LOL). I have a MW appt this morning, so we'll see what she says.

TMI alert (shield followup): Last day or so have had 'lumps' of snotty like substance, but totally clear/milky with no blood at all and no smell. Kind of assumed even if it was my plug that without blood it would prob be re-built rather then be an indicator of things getting going, but will speak to mw about it.

Also since Sat have started to have backache kick in evenings and overnight which is almost impossible to shift. Feels like BH of the muscles round my lower spine. However, bump now so ridiculous, can't really complain that poor muscles are failing to cope at this stage!

Have pedi booked this PM while car is in for its MOT so that might guarantee to get things underway!

FurryFox Tue 12-Mar-13 11:37:12

shieldbug It does sound like a show but I've never had one so no experience myself I'm afraid. Don't feel embarrassed to ring mw though, I bet they've heard all sorts smile

pudtat Sounds possibly like a show as well, but again I've not had one before. Fingers crossed the MOT will ensure you go into labour grin and enjoy your pedi.

grotty Congratulations on your big boy and well done smile.

No movement here, was having some uncomfortable pains for a couple of hours last night but typically they stopped and have turned into nothing hmm.

leniwhite Tue 12-Mar-13 14:13:23

Shield and Pudtat - sane thing here - started having the feeling of stuff leaking out and a bit lumpy and yellowish... No blood though and no smell. Assumed it was just heavier discharge now he's engaged?

Saw MW yesterday and all looking good to go, they'll do a sweep only at 41 weeks as she said they don't work before then.

Got cramps in my back quite a bit now, especially in the mornings

FurryFox Tue 12-Mar-13 14:53:07

My mw has offered to give me a sweep this Friday when I'll be 41 weeks but I've already said to her I'll probably decline. I had two in my first pg and two in my second and both times they didn't do anything and I still ended up being induced at 42 weeks. Not against them though and anythings worth a try smile.

Rainbowbabyhope Tue 12-Mar-13 19:05:08

Hi all! Our beautiful rainbow baby girl was born on Thursday at 11:38, at 38+3 weeks weighing a wonderfully healthy 8lb 10. My waters broke at 5 in the morning so she came nice and quickly. Born at home, totally unmedicated - it was the most amazing experience of my life! I delivered her head into my hands myself totally unexpectedly squatting on the bathroom floor and within 10 minutes all three of us were tucked up in bed, feeding and cuddling. We are now enjoying her every precious second, made even more precious with the bittersweet memories of her big sister. Everything feels like a blessing, including the amazing stinky nappies! Can't believe that one year ago I had lost my beautiful eldest daughter and had nothing and now my arms are full.

Good luck to all you ladies still waiting and congratulations to all the other new arrivals!

pudtat Tue 12-Mar-13 19:32:59

Aw rainbow that's bought a tear to my eye. Lovely lovely news. Enjoy.

leniwhite Tue 12-Mar-13 20:22:45

Wow Rainbow that's wonderful! I gather that wasn't quite the plan?! You did so well to deliver at home and yourself shock

Congrats - beautiful happy ending

plonko Tue 12-Mar-13 20:36:32

grotty, congratulations! And rainbow what a wonderful delivery! You must be on top of the world.

I know the long wait is frustrating, but to those who are still to meet third babies there's not much longer to go now. Put your feet up while you can! After all the sex, pineapple, walking and spicy food it was just the threat of induction that seemed to work for me!

George and I arrived home around 11 last night. They were keen for us to stay as he's got mild jaundice, which meant several heel pricks for him (during which he kicked the crap out of the nurse!) and lots of umming and aahing over phototherapy which was never given. Then we had a fabulous midwife who told us about feeding through it, so I spent yesterday constantly nursing and expressing to boost my supply. Milk has come in today and I look like a knackered Katie Price! George is doing fabulously though, I'm thrilled to bits with him.

Will check out the postnatal thread in the middle of the night, no doubt. Just squeezing in a good rest before he wakes for the next feed!

How are others coping with the tiredness? Newborns really bring a whole new meaning to exhaustion, don't they?

Rainbowbabyhope Tue 12-Mar-13 23:18:45

Thanks all! leni - we did plan a homebirth and had independent midwife with us. The unexpected bit was just the moment she was born - just never imagined that I would deliver her head into my own hand. The midwife then caught the rest of her as she wriggled out. Was the funniest sensation! Only had a tiny tear that didn't need stitching. Now we are just adapting to new routines and the inevitable tiredness but enjoying every second!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now