Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

pudtat Mon 04-Mar-13 07:23:40

Congrats to JoJo and Tupppers following your inductions. Sounds like the end result justified the means for both of you - and lovely names. (Starting to get nervous as sizes increase though!).

A couple of quiet days had me calling the midwife yesterday, (I am 37 weeks tomorrow) and she decided there was no need to worry, just to make sure I had my bag packed as it sounded like he was on his way! Cue flat panic at this end, (although hospital bag for Mini now totally packed and mine done bar the snacks and drinks which I must shop for today). Also some washing done, our spare room revamped to allow for moses basket to be erected (awaiting delivery of mattress sometime in next couple of days though!) and nursery massively closer to being cleared ready for decorating. DH was brilliant, if nervous!. Still, hope I have a little while longer yet, so fx. Mind you, don't think I'll be making past tomorrow at work this week - reckon they've had that now.

Hope all goes smoothly for those supposed to be doing things now! Not long to wait for any of us really... (remind me of this when I'm 40+10 will you?)

Tuppers85 Mon 04-Mar-13 07:26:07

Very, god knows how big he would have been then! shock
Congrats to everyone on their newly borns

StormyBrid Mon 04-Mar-13 07:55:35

39+3, still no baby. Still no signs of impending baby. Although she's clearly been experimenting with that whole "head wedged in pelvis" business, and by god it is uncomfortable. On the plus side, my brother announced yesterday that his girlfriend's five weeks gone, so if all goes well there our family Christmas this year will have one more baby than expected. Exciting!

SoYo Mon 04-Mar-13 08:29:46

Congratulations JoJo & Tuppers, both lovely names for lovely boys!

JoJo it sounds like you've gone through the mill a bit, I'm sure newborns sometimes just know what their mums need & you obviously needed the sleep!

Tuppers, what a whopper! As much as its not ideal to end up with a section, I bet it felt a lot better once you heard his weight! Pushing him out wouldn't have been much fun either!!

I fed Orla at 11 last night & she wouldn't stop screaming after so Daddy took her until 2 so I could sleep! After that she wouldn't settle again until I put her in the car seat bit of her pram & marched her up & down a bit then she slept like a dream in it. Was worried about letting her sleep in the car set but more screaming again when I tried to transfer to Moses basket so bad Mummy took the option of snoozing on the sofa while she had a car seat nap!!! Best intentions & all that!

I still can't believe at all that I was pregnant less than a week ago & now she's in my arms!

Pudtat is mini moving better today? If not I'd ring labour ward or antenatal day unit for some monitoring just for some peace of mind! First time it happened to me I didn't really want to bother anyone & then felt a bit of a tit when she started doing somersaults as soon as we arrived but so much better than sitting at home worrying about it!

leniwhite Mon 04-Mar-13 09:49:33

Congrats More new mummies! And sounds like you all went through alot, hope the end result more than makes up for it grin

Pudtat - i had the same, a few days of just slight movement, then yesterday he was bucking around literally all day and night. Is that a sign then?! I've had a lot of cramps and a bit of a bad tummy but assumed that was just from eating too many nectarines...

Piles have returned with a vengeance and my boobs feel itchy too.

So impatient now! Really don't want to go to 40+12 confused

christilass Mon 04-Mar-13 09:52:26

I'm due today ...... no signs at all since period pain had me up all night on Wednesday !

Congratulations to all the safe arrivals :-)

leniwhite Mon 04-Mar-13 18:02:15

Is a sudden raging mood a sign of imminent baby anyone? I've been happier than usual the whole pregnancy until today when I feel I could punch someone...

Oodsigma Mon 04-Mar-13 18:53:04

leni I've been like that all weekend. Dh kept sending me to bed out if the way. Not much better today just less children around.

StormyBrid Mon 04-Mar-13 19:32:41

Well, I have a raging bad mood, but I don't think it's a sign of impending baby. I think it was brought on by the man's ex-girlfriend phoning me just now. Am now going to eat pineapple chunks and bitch internally until he gets home from work and I can bitch out loud.

pudtat Tue 05-Mar-13 07:32:50

If it makes you feel better, one of the reasons I have decided today is my last day at work is because since Friday the hormonal crying has barely stopped. Totally random, about very little, but I seem set off by anything! Not very professional and I can't bear the thought of doing it at work, so here endeth the line for 6 months. (Am dreading the inevitable card though, as suspect they may be nonplussed by the tidal wave likely to be unleashed by people being nice to me!)

Movements remain different, but are def there leni and soyo. The midwife said at this stage rather than looking for 10 every 2 hours, I should be looking for 10 in 24 hours if I was busy (which I have been) as they are so much more subtle. Yesterday and overnight were much better, although space is obviously an issue for him.

He is well down now, walking is a nightmare, and a visit from the (external thrombosed) piles fairy on Saturday hasn't helped either! Stretch marks are also ridiculously itchy, am moisturising about 4 times a day! Need to be at home just to keep up with putting cream on all the various bits which currently seem to require cream... sigh.

leniwhite Tue 05-Mar-13 08:02:10

Oh good, reassured now. Don't think my failed baking or some drama with work did much to help really... Cheered up by the evening luckily. Got itchy boobs now (no leaking though), and baby after having a chilled few days of just odd squirms started bucking around like a kangaroo and hasn't really let up since. Bump has also dropped and I look HUGE all of a sudden, can't really tell if his head feels lower as I was finding walking hard anyway!
Pudtat my piles are back too confusedbut now we're 37 weeks so roll on baby time!

leniwhite Tue 05-Mar-13 08:03:47

Just realised I wrote an almost identical post to that one already - sorry, my brain has melted.

StormyBrid Tue 05-Mar-13 09:32:07

Post-pineapple, had lots of twinges and achiness and some painful braxton hicks last night. Couple of hours later I noticed my bump was noticeably lower down. She's heading in the right direction! Doesn't make me look huge though, quite the opposite. We're wondering where the hell she's disappeared to!

Going for a curry with my siblings tomorrow. Fingers crossed it gets things moving. I want this baby already!

plonko Tue 05-Mar-13 09:38:06

Not sure who I owe congratulations to but how lovely to see a thread full of babies! Sounds like you both went through the ringer Jojo and Tuppers.

So I'm now 40+6, have tried sex, pineapple and spicy food and had lots of, erm, outbursts...we've had two "is this it?!" moments but having made the choice to wait and see if anything develops each time we've been soooo disappointed. DP has me doing squats and lunges, Ive been bouncing on this bloody ball for weeks, and I'm going to tackle the almost vertical hill once I've gotten dressed.

Gaaaah! I'm not sure if my emotional state is hormonal or if it's completely justified considering the size and state of me. I still consider myself lucky - no stretch marks or anything too unpleasant - I'm just being mardy and impatient aren't I?

leniwhite Tue 05-Mar-13 09:45:55

So justified Plonko - 40 plus weeks is a long time to carry another person inside your body!

Stormy I bought some tinned pineapple but someone pointed out that you'd need to eat a ridiculous amount of it to trigger a response, hoping you can prove otherwise!

Funny how we all spent the first few months desperately avoiding things that are meant to bring on labour, and we're now all doing like mad and don't seem to work?!

Anyone tried those acupuncture points on the back of the heels yet?

Emsyboo Tue 05-Mar-13 17:41:17

Just catching up!
Great to see more arrivals!
Will post properly when caught up but so nice seeing new baby names added to the thread hope all new mums are recovering well, getting some sleep! And those of you still waiting aren't too uncomfortable hopefully not too long a wait smile

peanutMD Tue 05-Mar-13 20:49:09

Good evening all smile

Sprog finally appeared today and I'm pressed to announce it is a fully fledged baby girl, Cara, who was born by ELCS weighing in at 7lb 2Oz.

eigmum Tue 05-Mar-13 21:44:02

Hey peanut congratulations! And welcome cara! Did it all go well? Just three more sleeps now for me ( and two for ood ) and then we'll hopefully be in the same position!

peanutMD Wed 06-Mar-13 03:34:13

Thanks grin

Everything went perfectly, boringly average according to our lovely midwife lol

I had an EMCS with my DS 6 years ago so kind of knew what I was letting myself in for but I thought it was so much more daunting aa I knew what was going on but I over played the risks in my head so was a bit panicky but nothing really happened at all grin

How are you feeling about D-day?

Oodsigma Wed 06-Mar-13 04:23:17

Congrats peanut smile

I had a flap tonight but I'm more worked up about being in hospital than the actual section. Have never left dd3 overnight and don't want to, though I know she will be fine as she's got quite a good gist of what's going on

StormyBrid Wed 06-Mar-13 10:06:03

Very jealous of those of you who know exactly when your babies are arriving. 39+5, still no baby. Although I am enjoying the excuse to eat lots of pineapple, it doesn't appear to be speeding things up. Hopefully tonight's curry will help.

leniwhite Wed 06-Mar-13 11:11:19

Congrats Peanut grin

I'm jealous of the knowing date thing too... Everyone's commenting that my bump's suddenly grown enormous, he's definitely dropped.

Last night in bed I kept waking myself up doing odd snores - just one at a time - felt a bit delirious! Bladder is so squashed and baby is now hitting my cervix constantly after dinner when he's obviously got less room!

OH got a fruit basket yesterday for his birthday with a pineapple in it, so I've got a big supply now. Only problem is it's so acidic and I'm a bit worried it'll not stay down...

How're all the new mummies getting on with things?

SoYo Wed 06-Mar-13 11:55:46

Congratulations Peanut! Glad it was a boringly straightforward section & that you're feeling well. Will you get home tomorrow then?

Orla is 1 week today & last night finally had a night where she didn't scream for hours! She fed every hr for 20 mins so still pretty sleepless but so much better than walking the halls with her screaming for hours on end!

Next task is to figure out how to breast feed without getting entire boob out & for her to stay latched on rather than wiggle head around so my nip is on display! Once that's figured out we can try leaving the house for more than 45mins.

Hope everyone else is well. X

christilass Wed 06-Mar-13 16:03:33

I'm 40+4 and have midwife appointment tomorrow for a sweep .

I'm now starting to wonder how much bigger baby is becoming , as i was told 6 weeks ago its a Long baby , my DH is 6ft5 and he was 10lb 11 when he was born .

SoYo Wed 06-Mar-13 19:03:10

Don't worry too much Christi, my Bubba was measuring 3cm bigger on bump size the whole way through and both me & DH were big babies (over 8lb & over 9lb both 3 weeks early) so was convinced I'd have a whopper. She was 8lb 0.5oz so much smaller than I thought!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now