Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

Oodsigma Wed 27-Feb-13 20:46:57

Good luck emsy smile

eigmum Wed 27-Feb-13 21:14:28

Good luck emsy and congrats everyone. Finally finished work today. C section moved forward to 8 march so will have a baby by next weekend. Now 37 weeks and struggling so need to be at home with feet up. manda one of each sounds perfect and glad you have finally got everything working. I couldn't feed at first last time but found supply did increase with regular pumping. Ask if you should keep your thyroid meds up as it will help.

leniwhite Wed 27-Feb-13 22:54:30

Emsy - good luck! It's really happening grin hope it goes smoothly and look forward to hearing news

Jojo - Friday is almost tomorrow now...

Eig - 8th March is also really soon, nice to be able to say 'baby by next weekend'!

I just want to fast forward until it's my turn now with all this excitement wink

shieldbug Wed 27-Feb-13 23:30:26

good luck emsy hope all goes v well for you.
Nearly there jojo..how exciting!
plonko all sounds promising; I hope things are indeed kicking off for you.

Had a sweep today (39 weeks exactly), but doubt it was successful as the cervix is still long and there's no dilation at all. I've passed a couple of small blood clots since but called the hospital and they said that was fine. Previous sweeps with ds had absolutely no effect at all, so I was surprised to see anything happening. Mind you, it was a particularly brutal sweep and I've been in pain since (unfortunately not useful pains, just generally sore).
leni I was interested to hear about your lack of appointments as I've been in a similar case. In fact, I got told off today for not going to the mw between 32 weeks and now, which is crazy, because I'm meant to be exclusive consultant care. Why on earth they don't tell you what you're entitled to is beyond me.

GummiberryJuice Thu 28-Feb-13 02:26:52

Hi everyone,

Shield I seen you today again if you were reading Thomas to your dd, I was the one with black top ans grey cardi. I'm now over in hospital due to wriggly baby that refuses to point right direction

Hope everyone else is well

GummiberryJuice Thu 28-Feb-13 02:27:34

Ds not dd obviously

pudtat Thu 28-Feb-13 07:27:59

Gosh, sounds like an exciting few days ahead for lots of us. Good luck with it all!

Tis my birthday today, so up early to bake a load of muffins to take into work. Actually had my best night's sleep in ages last night, only woke up 5 or so times to roll over, but preventative before bed Gaviscon and lots of pillows kept heartburn at bay and didn't even need the loo! (Although it was an incentive to get up when the alarm went off, LOL!).

Hoping to be really productive at work today and really get teeth into the outstanding to do list. Supposed to be finishing next Friday, but if I could get wrapped up sooner I would not mind at this stage... <rolls sleeves up>.

Hoping to get mattresses ordered today or tomorrow for cot and moses basket (both of which we were kindly given). What have you gone for? Foam or sprung? Not that there seems to be an option on Moses baskets - they seem to be foam or nothing but I guess don't get anything like the same wear...

plonko Thu 28-Feb-13 09:58:28

Happy Birthday, Pudtat, have a lovely day! It's also my parents' wedding anniversary - 38 years!

And it's so lovely and sunny that I'm certain it's the perfect day to have a baby. My sweep's in 2 hours - but it's a different midwife and as I've requested the sweep I can't be certain she's actually going to do it - fingers crossed. My mum has to take me cos I'm a complete physical coward I can no longer reach enough of the steering wheel to drive myself blush I'm gutted that all the tummy aches and period type pains I've had haven't become contractions. Jojo it's almost Friday, you'll be a mum in the next 36 hours or so!

Emsy hope the c-section goes swimmingly, wishing you and baby a speedy recovery. Enjoy those snuggles.

And Leni I'm amazed that you weren't transferred back to midwife care properly. This happened with my friend when she was having her little girl two years ago. She never had her 28 week bloods done or regular check ups and found herself admitted at 37 weeks with pre-eclampsia. Like you she had no idea who she could see and when, and to think it's all so easily preventable. So I'm very glad to see you're going to be seeing someone.

Oodsigma Thu 28-Feb-13 10:08:30

Happy birthday pudtats smile

FX for the sweep plonko

FurryFox Thu 28-Feb-13 11:56:32

Good luck today emsy, hope all goes well smile

Happy birthday pudtat, hope you have a lovely day smile. We haven't got the mattress for the cot yet but will go for a sprung one. We've got a foam one for the Moses basket.

plonko, hope you get the sweep and it kicks things off for you!

leniwhite Thu 28-Feb-13 15:48:04

Happy birthday Pudtat! Why on earth you're doing the baking on your own birthday is beyond me?

Wonder if Emsy's had her section yet?

I saw the head of the birth centre today who sincerely apologised and I'm now all booked in for ongoing care there and a centre-specific prep session. She said I no longer have to see anyone apart from her team and there was no reason for the last midwife to have told me what she did. My 40 week at the crap antenatal clinic has been replaced by 38 and 41 week appts in the centre and I just call them if I need anything in between. She's happy to let me go to 40+12 until they'd induce me. I feel so relieved I can't explain!

FurryFox Thu 28-Feb-13 17:25:12

leni that sounds much better, glad you've got it sorted and got someone you can contact if need be. My induction will be at 40+12 as well if I go over, hoping it will happen before that though!

Hope you've got your baby in our arms now emsy and all ok smile

So glad it's the 1st march tomorrow, can finally say I'll have my baby this month eeeeek!

plonko Thu 28-Feb-13 17:30:46

Sounds good Leni

She couldn't perform the sweep as she could only just reach l, so it's back to spicy food and birthing balls for me! Was feeling really annoyed but not much to be done. She did say she thinks baby is really long and could be 'at the big end of the scale'. And suddenly I'm imagining Stephen Fru springing out of my loins...

They induce at 40+12 here too, so if all else fails I'll be circling march 11th on the calendar, just missing a Mother's Day card!

Oodsigma Thu 28-Feb-13 17:42:49

That's a relief leni

eigmum Thu 28-Feb-13 20:07:57

Sounds good leni and happy birthday pundat ! Baking on your birthday, very impressive. Hope we hear from emsy soon.

StormyBrid Fri 01-Mar-13 07:39:11

Was going to say "Good luck, Emsy!" but then realised it's Friday, not Thursday. So hopefully everyone else's good luck wishes worked and you now have your tiny person! I shall redirect today's good luck in JoJo's direction.

eigmum you're having your c-section on my due date. Race you to a baby!

Happy birthday, pudtat! I went for foam for the cotbed, as that's what originally came with it and it survived six years of constant use with no complaints from either small child. Looks grubby as hell though, so I went for a mattress protector too. Amazon seems pretty good for mattresses, around twenty quid for foam or forty for springs.

39 weeks today and still no sign of baby. But on the plus side, I can uncross my legs and start encouraging her out tomorrow evening. Hoping for one night out with my sister and the rest of the family before things get going, cos I don't think newborns and pubs mix all that well.

Has anyone been keeping count? How many babies have we got so far?

sarahs999 Fri 01-Mar-13 08:17:48

Quick one as he's waking up - Inigo Henry smith was born by caesarean on 21 feb, 6lb 4 oz. Bit of a rough time as he was readmitted for a week with jaundice and dehydration, but we are now home and discovering life as a family of four grin

Emsyboo Fri 01-Mar-13 09:00:53

Congrats sarah just catching up on a few messages do will look through people's news later!
Baby girl born yesterday at 10.50 a healthy 7lb3oz at 37 weeks turned out I had placenta accreta which can happen with placenta previa but consultant was fantastic and managed to save me from
needing a hysterectomy. Lost a lot of blood but midwives taking god care of me and waiting for a blood transfusion but the 8 weeks of iron tablets were a good preventative measure and I am doing ok. Baby girl Bella is doing great looks exactly like DS when he was born.
Will catch up on everyone else later and thanks for your good wishes smile

Oodsigma Fri 01-Mar-13 10:10:54

Congrats emsy smile

Eek st the accreta but a transfusion will boost you back up very quickly,

FurryFox Fri 01-Mar-13 10:51:12

Congratulations sarah, sorry you had a bit of a rough time but glad things have improved and you're back home smile

Congrats emsy, glad your consultant was so good. Hope the transfusion goes well and a good weight for 37 weeks smile. Do you know how long you will be in for?

stormy my due date buddy smile, we can finally say we'll be having our baby this month!

christilass Fri 01-Mar-13 11:00:40

Huge congrats .... Emsyboo and Sarah99
Xx

I'm due in 2 days still feeling great , No signs at all .

SoYo Fri 01-Mar-13 12:11:49

I am pleased to announce the safe arrival of baby girl Orla.

She arrived at 00.35 on 27/2/13 as part of my surprise induction for blood pressure.

It all went fairly smoothly through labour & I tried out the whole range of NHS pain relief & can highly recommend most of it!! Ended up with a ventouse delivery because at fully my contractions went completely & didn't come back with the syntocinon drip & she started getting very distressed!

Feel a little like the world is going to fall out of my bum (although this is quickly improving) & getting feeding established is a bit hit & miss so I'm tired but delighted. DH is being a star & I'm trying to cat nap here & there.

Congratulations Emsy, really glad it went as well as an Accreta can & that you & Bella are well.

Pudtat hope you had a good birthday.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Oodsigma Fri 01-Mar-13 12:15:03

Congrats soyo & baby Orla smile

Sheldonella Fri 01-Mar-13 12:50:42

Congrats Emsy and SoYo, what lovely news smile

plonko Fri 01-Mar-13 16:48:45

Emsy, Sarah and SoYo - wow, it's a bumper edition - congratulations!

SoYo Orla is a beautiful name. If we were having a girl it would have been our list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now