Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

leniwhite Wed 06-Feb-13 20:09:43

Soyo thanks for reminding me about nighties! That's the one thing I ALWAYS forget when packing for anything...

I just got disposable pants from Boots, easier maybe?

leniwhite Wed 06-Feb-13 20:10:24

Sorry another double post - i'm already having period pains at 33 weeks, anyone else had that?

sundaesundae Wed 06-Feb-13 20:25:02

I am getting BH's now and period type cramps in the evenings, as far as I am aware it all just counts as Braxtons. I am due 23rd march, so 33 weeks too smile Our bodies are just putting in some practice like out hiccuping bumps!

Oodsigma Wed 06-Feb-13 20:32:45

Y I've been getting them for ages.

plonko Wed 06-Feb-13 20:43:29

Ooh SoYo that's great news! The period pain sucks doesn't it? I'd almost forgotten what they were like, haha. But yeah I think Sundae's right, it's just BH until they become regular.

For once I really wish I had a MW appointment this week. Feeling a bit sleepy and run down today, and I'm so curious to know how far down baby is - feels so much lower and the discomfort intensifies a bit more each day. Anyone else finding that bump is much quieter for much longer these days? I still feel him move a lot and he's still in the 'routine' - not worried as I guess I'm the smaller movements now he's running out of space.

I'm being a maverick and not going for the nightie option...clearly danger is my middle name.

I've also rewashed all baby things in a tiny amount of fairy in the hopes that he'll realise I'm well and truly ready for his arrival grin

eigmum Wed 06-Feb-13 21:36:49

Good to hear everyone getting ready... I am 34 wees today but measuring 31.... Bit odd since I was measuring 32 two wees ago, can I shrink at this stage? I feel enormous, so have te worry of another scan on Monday to check. Anyone else got smaller?! Also über tired, must stop whining!

eigmum Wed 06-Feb-13 21:37:48

Ps I used surcare or fairy non bio, I found if you didn't wash new clothes baby got a rash!

SoYo Wed 06-Feb-13 22:17:55

Yep I've been having period pains for ages, just seem to have got worse as Bubba has got lower! I still think I'll go overdue but it just made me realise that it really could happen anytime! Spent the rest of the day building wardrobes in the nursery & once hospital bag is packed washing the mini clothes will be next!!!

Measurement gets smaller as the head engages but they'll just want to make sure the fluid volume etc is ok.
MW offered to refer me for a scan for ?large for dates but only 3cm & as far as I'm concerned at this stage they'll either come out or they won't & scans for ?large have a really poor evidence for changing outcome. Figure I'm tall & from good Irish Catholic stock so really it should just fall out!

Also braved a bikini wax this morning! Was bloody sore & took longer than usual (God only knows what it was like down there, haven't seen past bump for ages) but definitely feel better for it! Really stupid as I know medical lot never notice but for some reason makes me feel more reassured! Anyone else doing anything unnecessary in the name of vanity? shock

leniwhite Wed 06-Feb-13 22:50:06

Eig that made me chuckle - your typo said you were 34 wees today - not far off my number of actual wees!

Soyo what makes you think you'll go over? Vanity... Hmm, I am slightly worried the midwife will have trouble even seeing baby's head when the time comes shock but every time i've had a wax they've made me bleed and I've been bruised for weeks! Tough hair, celtic or something.

Did you just have bikini line or the whole lot off?

SoYo Thu 07-Feb-13 08:40:53

Leni just had bikini line, think I'd have been there all day if she'd taken the lot & would have needed some gas & air! Plan is to attack the remaining with trimming device DH beard trimmer just to neaten up. Had a pedicure on Tuesday (part of birthday pressure from DH) so as long as legs stay reasonably hair free I'm good to go. Good chance all of this will need repeating though!!!

Not sure why I think I'll go over but just imagine it being anytime soon really. There just seems to still be so much to do & sort and I don't feel like its imminent (not sure why I think I'm going to though!). I'm still sticking to my term+5 prediction although I'd much prefer 39 weeks!

christilass Thu 07-Feb-13 18:09:15

Hi all , I'm 37 weeks now , feeling great , was mucking out my horses yesterday :-)
Was at midwife today , she's written 2-3 5ths in the palpable section , can any one tell me exactly what that means, ie is head down quite low , all midwife said was ... everything is exactly as it should be .

eigmum Thu 07-Feb-13 18:15:10

Leni - 34 wees would also be accurate. SoYo I worried so much last night I went for a private scan today and all fine just head further down hence all the wees! Finding work really hard as just want to sleep!

eigmum Thu 07-Feb-13 18:17:08

SoYo I had a pedicure so I have nice looking feet as I can't reach them!

Oodsigma Thu 07-Feb-13 18:31:02

Christi- refers to how engaged baby is . 2-3/5 palable is how much head is loose.

leniwhite Thu 07-Feb-13 22:56:31

Eig I feel your pain, every time I stand up his head bumps my bladder and I just don't know how 7 more weeks of this will work?!

I've never had a mani or pedi in my life, bit of a phobia about having my toes touched...

Had a hypnobirthing session tonight, was good! All makes sense now but need to transfer it to the actual labour and see if I can stay on track wink

Emsyboo Fri 08-Feb-13 06:30:03

Sorry I've been quiet 34+5 today and off for another scan to check placenta.
Had a scan 2 weeks ago and surprised everyone that it had moved but not enough but gone from grade IV to grade IIV pp but baby measured around 5lbs if you trust the scans so we were very happy.
Will see if placenta is still on the move and see chances of natural birth but with my history of PPH and now this it may be unlikely.
I always use fairy non bio but DS has lovely skin not sensitive at all I use non bio more for DH as he is sensitive to everything lol!
We thought about hypnobirthing will prob discuss it again today but leaving very late but as we dont know if we don't know what's happening seems a lot of money but I am very scared about a c section! Do you think the classes are worth it? Did think about getting a book and CD but dunno if you'd get it enough!

Very brave to be potty training my DS shows no interest just got him in his own bed building up to arrival of baby but he is still adamant he doesn't want to use a potty but potty training with a newborn may be even worse lol

I dunno how you ladies at 37 weeks aren't going mad I can't wait to meet baby am stir crazy at less than 35 but on limited bed rest still can't imagine another 5-7 weeks but the days are dragging for me!

Have consultant on Monday so hopefully get some answers then x x

eigmum Fri 08-Feb-13 08:34:51

Emsyboo you are in exactly the same position I was in last time. In the end consultant and I went with c section and it was fine. Was of course jealous for those having water births etc but to be honest once I had the little baby boy in my arms I forgot all about it. The memories are all flooding back now and I am also a bit nervous, surgery is after all surgery but my experience was good and if I hav to hav mother will just make sure I drink plenty of water afterwards and get up and do little walks around the bed as soon as I am able as that helped a lot last time.

eigmum Fri 08-Feb-13 08:35:47

How is manda doing? Have the twins arrived?!

StormyBrid Fri 08-Feb-13 09:00:10

36 weeks today! Midwife in an hour and a half, getting the car seat this afternoon, have washed half of the baby clothes. (Is awesome actually having enough stuff for a white wash!)

I'm a little scared at the realisation: I am going to be someone's mum.

plonko Fri 08-Feb-13 09:43:08

Just re-read my last post - what a load of gibberish! I'm living proof of the preg-head 'myth'. Emsy I think not being entirely with it makes the waiting easier grin. That and finding that I get tired ridiculously easy these days. I guess at least if you end up with an ELCS it can be a very calm procedure despite however nervous it makes you feel. It'd also be lovely to have a definite delivery date set - waiting and wondering is a bit nerve-fraying!

Trying really hard not to think about labour but I had so many BH's last night that it's never far from my mind. They seem to be getting longer and more painful, and starting higher up. Eeek! Yes Stormy, it's a terrifying thought isn't it!

Spending the day with my mum today, I think a trip to Wagamamas and a last dash around Boots to get anything I may have forgotten is on the cards. I do like using the excuse that we have to make the most of adult time because we just don't know when we'll get this opportunity again grin

Oodsigma Fri 08-Feb-13 12:27:18

eig manda is still going!

leniwhite Sat 09-Feb-13 11:47:23

Morning all, thank heavens it's the weekend! Next week I only have two days in the office (my boss is taking me out for lunch on one of those days) and then I'm working from home! I'll endeavour not to drive you all nuts on here wink

Had another funny tube moment yesterday eve, got on a packed carriage and a man starting poking people and saying 'can you give this lady a seat, she's pregnant', as if I was about to literally give birth... Of course I was grateful to sit down but it was like Tetris just getting myself to the seat!

Bump is squirming and jolting about like a kangaroo lately, maybe he's got less room now and doesn't seem to appreciate it. I tried to film him doing ninja tricks last night, oddly whilst watching 'how to build a bionic man' on TV. I felt mildly smug that I'm building my own non-bionic man without having a clue how I'm doing it!

Emsyboo Sun 10-Feb-13 06:39:11

Leni that is great no more travel to work it is so much easier working from home next week is my last week working from home before mat leave.
How nice of the man to get you a seat but probably a bit embarrassing lol but nice to hear there are nice people around I couldn't get a load of teenagers to let me sit down in the Trafford Center when I asked they just grunted then ignored me heavily preggers with a toddler!

Had my scan was too soon after last to do a growth scan which is a shame as was curious to see if baby has grown. Although it seems they got the measurements wrong last time and placenta is closer to the cervix than we thought. So the c section debate may be out if my hands.
Spending most of this weekend fussing over whether I should ask for ELCS anyway.
Nesting instinct has taken hold but I am still on limited bed rest so getting very annoyed that DH is doing nothing his excuse is he is tired but as he keeps me up most nights snoring I have no sympathy!
Anyone else's DHs driving them mad or gave you lovely supportive partners?
He is ok really just a bit blinkered at times!

theTramp Sun 10-Feb-13 09:14:57

My other half has been utterly fab. And I'm loving how he's getting involved in it all and preparing in his own way. But his inability to clean anything is driving me wee bit potty. Much tongue biting by me.

I had 34w scan last week. Sonographer was a miser, so not much info for me except baby is engaged, placenta no longer low, fluids look good and weight estimated just under 6lb which would mean an 8lb baby. Didn't see face sad But did see feet which remain HUGE. Think we should go with Frodo as a name?! smile

Def finding life much less comfy now. Bump, well bumps huge - comedic ally so. Sleep is interrupted and I'm really tired most of the time. Have managed sum total of bugger all nesting etc as after work I'm too tired to consider it. Feels like a bit of washing and cooking dinners my lot. Seriously pathetic. I'm planning a cleaning day next weekend.. I may get more than one room sorted you never know.

I think baby shower first weekend of March may well represent the starting point for getting house prepped for baby. So near and yet so far away...

Hope you all got some sleep last night ladies

leniwhite Sun 10-Feb-13 11:59:27

My OH is sometimes great and other times crap - I've said I'll do all other cleaning if he washes up, trying to get close to the sink is sore now and makes my back flare from leaning over. Needless to say he doesn't do it unless he's not working and keeps saying 'it's all your stuff'!

Other things he's brilliant about, painting, cooking etc. makes me feel bad when I do prod him about washing up shock but then I remember that when I'm not pregnant I do it all...

I just stupidly watched a horrendous looking birth video, feel nauseated now confused must stop thinking about it.

Last night baby was scraping something right on my cervix, I was wincing in agony - anyone else had this? I know it's normal but my god does it smart!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now