Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March2013 New year, new trimester, old symptoms but the finishing post is in sight!

(945 Posts)
Oodsigma Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:04

And confuddled has passed it!

So will this one be our last before we move to post natal?

And who is next?

Thanks sarah & jojo for the thread title. smile

Emsyboo Fri 18-Jan-13 12:56:29

Thanks for the new thread ladies

Can't believe this thread will probably have lots of lovely birth announcements soon!

Lauren so sorry you've had a stressful time glad everything is ok and you are taking it easy!

I had a pretty useless midwife appointment this afternoon. Lost my plug a few weeks ago after strong BH and been getting brown blood asked her about it and her response was call the hospital - cheers!

As I am high risk a call to the hospital usually means me going in for 1 or 2 nights trying to sort child care and work from phone! Obviously wasn't an emergency or she would have sent me in but I then didn't trust any of her other comments.

I will call hospital and check ok just hope they don't make me come in I rang after plug went and they were ok but I wanted it all written in my notes which midwife didn't do either!

Midwives are usually excellent though and have another scan and seeing consultant in 2 weeks anyway.

sundaesundae Fri 18-Jan-13 13:13:13

How long did we get the last thread to last? I have another 9 weeks, so won't pass the finishing post on this one!

Having a duvet day after spending the day projectile yacking. Nice.

Ribs very sore still, driving me nuts, I think I have a foot under there today.

Got a couple of inches of snow here and still falling, no plans on leaving the house, hubby is bringing home supplies!

Hello to all the people I haven't said hello to yet!

leniwhite Fri 18-Jan-13 14:48:51

Don't suppose anyone here has had a baby at Queen Charlotte's in Acton or is booked in there this time?

theTramp Fri 18-Jan-13 15:37:59

Place marking

Emsyboo Fri 18-Jan-13 15:53:43

I suppose it depends how long people last and how chatty it gets when people start going on maternity leave.
I have just over 8 weeks till due date so may make the next thread smile

LaurenCaddy Fri 18-Jan-13 16:10:34

Afternoon all,

Nice new thread name!

Yes, definitely no more Kinnect for me!

Emsy at least your midwife didn't cancel your appointment! I had one this morning, and it was cancelled due to the snow!! t's not even that bad. This country goes to pot with a bit of snow. Also had an email to say my first NCT Class may be cancelled tomorrow as well. Gutted!!

I hate the snow. I'm emigrating to Australia. And leaving OH behind and telling littlun that Chris Hemsworth is her Dad :D

SoYo Fri 18-Jan-13 16:32:43

Terrifying driving to work today, lots of snow ooop north! Thankfully I was on a half day but DH starts 7 night shifts tonight and will be battling the elements on a 63m drive. Think I'm going to try to persuade him to stay at work tomorrow rather than drive back because I keep having recurrent morbid thoughts of him crashing his car and abandoning me while heavily pregnant!!! Had very similar obsessional worries in run up to wedding, usually not at all a worrier so always a bit surprising!

This weekend the nursery decorating project begins! We shall see if my preggy baby brain has got anywhere near with the wallpaper calculations!

I'm going to start making a list for the hospital bag soon, wondering about a small holdall for me and the changing bag for bubba's stuff. Either that or big holdall for both!

Finish work 2 weeks today! Yay!!! The tiredness has started to kick in and the constant rib battering is starting to get a bit boring!

Great new thread all, it's the home-run! x

pudtat Fri 18-Jan-13 16:52:36

Place marking really. Snowed in at home today and trying to be useful remotely, but it's blooming hard work! IT issues doesn't really cover it - very frustrating!

And it turns out my desk is quite set up as I am so uncomfortable after a day at the kitchen table!

Em2010 Fri 18-Jan-13 16:56:17

Hello everyone on this snowy Friday! Hope you're all staying toasty warm! Lots to do this weekend- still so many clothes to sort through! Lots to list on eBay! Will be so happy when the big clear out is finished then I can wash all the tiny clothes and put them away ready for baby's appearance!

Hope everyone has good plans for the weekend. Will be getting the sledge out if it snows!

ThreeForTea Fri 18-Jan-13 17:17:10

Sledging em? Cor, that's ambitious! I couldn't for.the life of me imagine reaching the top of a hill at the moment! Yesterday at work there was a powercut and the lift wasn't working. I had to walk up the stairs to the third floor and nearly had to go home after doing that!

Thanks for lovely new thread smile

Silly event of my day; there's a cactus on my lounge window sill that I've always hated. Was from Mil to dh. I just went to look out of window at snow and ran tummy into it, ouch!! Burst into tears and have prickly marks on skin sad dh had to try not to laugh, but don't think he knew quite what to do with my subsequent tide of emotion <blush> Of course it probably wasn't just the cactus, more a general build up of emotion and cactus attack just first thing that's set me off for a while! Feeling silly.

Marking my spot ladies... Well done on setting this up!!!
Enjoying 10 mins peace in Pauls before picking up ds1 from play date. Terrified of slipping in the snow- db fell and broke his leg in the snow 3 yrs ago and ended up with a pulmonary embolism!!!!
Ds2 most upset that he couldn't go out today as he now has the chicken pox (3/3 yes!!!) but have promised him some snowman action tomorrow!!
Hope all the little bubbas are bring well behaved!

JoJoBella84 Fri 18-Jan-13 18:11:34

Place marking!
Officially on mat leave now (though have been signed off for the past two weeks, thanks to a hospital admission and general cramping/stabbing pains)!!
Officially left York and am moving to Aberdeen on Sunday, though as per midwife's instructions I'm not allowed more than 1.5 hours in the car without a break so it will be a very very long journey!!

leniwhite Fri 18-Jan-13 18:24:30

Starting to think having another month before I start working from home is unrealistic... Is anyone else silly enough to be trying to work up until labour starts?!

SoYo Fri 18-Jan-13 19:01:01

Just you leni grin! One of those things that seemed a good idea at the time? Any chance you can change it? I know I wouldn't fancy it! I was fine working until about a week ago when it all just became a bit bloody uncomfortable! x

ThreeForTea Fri 18-Jan-13 19:18:01

leni are you full time, can you phase down? I worked till 39 with dd (dc1 though) but was only 3 days by then, used a/l to cut days. I think go for it as long as ur still being productive and not hating it or dragging yourself out every day

leniwhite Fri 18-Jan-13 19:51:18

I'm really struggling! My job is pretty intense but now I've set it I feel weird asking to move the home working forward... shock The only thing stopping me taking more leave is the money really!

ThreeForTea Fri 18-Jan-13 20:01:47

If you can manage I'd stop earlier then. Keep your stress hormone levels down, you'll get a better sleeper and you can't put a price on that smile

leniwhite Fri 18-Jan-13 20:05:25

Really? I hadn't heard that before! Hmm well perhaps I should cut down to 3 days a week then and two days home working. Suppose I should just bite the bullet wink

LaurenCaddy Fri 18-Jan-13 20:16:08

Hello all,

Don't suppose anyone watched This Morning, the Health and 'Appiness bit? There's now an App out and you buy this extra piece, (not available in this country yet) that connects to your phone and turns into Ultrasound Scan machine. So you can scan baby wherever, whenever and keep track of it. I think its in the £100s but how amazing is that? In a few years time if we think about DC2, we would be able to keep track at home. I don't believe in the heartbeat one, i think they can cause unnecessary worry, but this scan one was amazing. Also Glucose ones and all sorts now. But most not available in this country yet.

This is a webpage i found but don't think its the same one on This Morning:

http://www.fastcompany.com/1725155/ultrasound-scans-your-baby-now-available-smartphone

kirsty80 Fri 18-Jan-13 20:31:32

Just marking my place! X

leniwhite Fri 18-Jan-13 21:49:46

I watched it! But it takes a lot of expertise to see what's what on an ultrasound so I don't think it'll ever be something mums can use themselves...

LaurenCaddy Fri 18-Jan-13 22:34:05

I don't know, couple of years and who knows. We're in an age where we're encouraged to be more independent and do things for ourselves, which could include our health. Whether its given to midwives first for home visits and your local surgery first then goes on to be for everyone, i think it's a real possibility!

leni am working till 38 weeks which is pretty close given ds2 was born 10 days early. Would be nice to stop earlier but am not planning on returning to work and dh was made redundant just before Xmas so I need to bring in the £££ as much as I can just in case it takes him a while to find another job. So I finish 6 weeks today and can't wait!! Am definitely feeling it!

plonko Sat 19-Jan-13 03:13:45

Just marking my place - at 3am! Quite irritated that I'd been asleep since 11, until dp came to bed at 2 having had a few glasses of wine, then snored in my face. So I'm in the spare bed again!

I finished work at 31 weeks. Intense job and long hours with no opportunity to work from home or reduce hours to less than 40. I felt so disappointed because I left earlier than anticipated, but I know now it was absolutely the right decision. So leni do what feels right. I rang hr in tears and they let me leave that same day - not that I recommend this but it shows how understanding employers can be! There's a reason mat leave can start at 29 weeks.

lauren that sounds crazy! I think I prefer the tried and tested midwife-with-Doppler-and-pinard. Amazing technology, sure, but another cause for concern when people can suddenly scan themselves?

So much snow here, it's been coming down since Thursday and we now have about 6 inches. I can't say I'm a fan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now