Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 part 2 - there's LOADS of us!

(997 Posts)
Wincher Thu 17-Jan-13 13:27:04

New thread created in haste before the old one fills up!

amiready Sun 03-Feb-13 15:17:00

Hi all, nice to hear all the updates - sorry about the whole facebook saga - must be really tough - I can just imagine my own MIL telling the whole world so we are keeping very schtum and no one knows anything except us! Going to keep trying with the doppler at work and once I hear a heartbeat, might tell my own mum and dad, but only if work contract negotiations are sorted out - which are taking ages and it is slowly turning a little nasty which is quite stressful and difficult.
9 weeks tomorrow - still no real symptoms although felt very teary today for no particular reason! 12 week scan on 1st of March when I will be 12+5! Seems a long way away still. So hoping all is well on that day. Would be so devastated if anything happened now - it feels like we have all been waiting so long already.
Anyway best of luck to everyone!

Eeeknumber3 Sun 03-Feb-13 14:14:41

Hello all, still here but been manic with kids, DH has very kindly just taken them out swimming! Firstly, big hugs and sorry to Spanish and saggy, hope your back on the bus really soon and you're being well looked after.
I have a private scan tomorrow and feeling very nervous!
Just had a call from my GP's midwife, who was delightful, but OMG so much has changed since I had DS1 6 and DD1 4! We have lost our local birth centre due to financial cuts and it was such a lovely caring place, midwife led. I couldn't have my other two there due to medical probs, a deep vein thrombosis years ago, due to an injury, completely non related to my general health, but they are obsessed with it! However, you could go back to the birth centre for a few days after birth to convalesce, it was wonderful...but not this time! Anyway, they used to do all your scans up there, and would always see you, even if you weren't birthing there. We have choices in Buxton, either Stockport Stepping Hill or Macclesfield General Infirmary, I chose Macc for my two as at the time SHH had terrible reputation. I was very impressed with Macc both times, but was glad I didn't have to go there for everything, as it's a bit of a trek, partic in winter. Now, with this baby, I have to go there for everything! I don't even get to see my GP midwife til 16 to 18 weeks for blood pressure, protein etc!?! She said I should hear from Macc in the next 3 to 4 weeks, that seems like bloody ages and they will book me in (will get a consultant apt too due to the DVT)! Feeling very on my own with this! On the upside, they do the nuchal fold scan and bloods as part of treatment at Macc and last time I had to pay for that...so some good news. They won't scan me till 13 to 15 weeks she said, as they try and incorporate first scan and nuchal into one...ffs! Is this the same for anyone else? Think I was a bit spoilt last time as I could just bob up to Birth Centre in Buxton whenever I felt like it? Sorry for long post...so glad I've booked a private scan x

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 14:05:25

Flobot your mil sounds awful!!!! Thats not nice at all. I love my MIL she is lovely. Damn facebook!

jennimoo Sun 03-Feb-13 13:49:47

Kamikazee - that's rubbish! My brother did that last time but back then we had no FB friends in common so wasn't so bad...

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 13:43:46

I couldn't have been clearer about my news being private I'm really bewildered....she's the only person who knows other than us!!
it was a mistake but a really bad one. ...she feels awful and I dont like her being upset at all but know its upset my close fam :-/

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 13:40:23
kipsonline Sun 03-Feb-13 13:31:16

Ooh no, someone else spilling the beans on Facebook....that is unforgivable. We still haven't told anybody . I've just managed to bring my scan forward a week so should be 12 rather than 13 weeks....2 weeks left to wait!!!! It means it is now before we fly to Switzerland to see SIL so can hopefully tell parents before we go and then celebrate out there... Fingers crossed.

fl0b0t Sun 03-Feb-13 13:05:54

Ps do we need a new thread? Is it 1000 posts max?

fl0b0t Sun 03-Feb-13 13:04:46

Welcome puggy, join the (slightly paranoid, stressed out tired sick) bus!

kamikazee I am also very angry at mil on your behalf. Why ate they so insensitive? I'm still reeling from comments by my mil last year.... To be fair it was bad timing, one exact year of ttc and another bfn and I found out she'd been telling anyone who would listen that we were "never going to have kids". Mil need to shutup and butt the f*ck out.

We're 7 wks tomorrow but going to tell in laws tomorrow and my parents on tues because I've been so ill. Would have waited otherwise. Will prob have to start telling friends too as I'm so sick sad

We'd prefer to wait til post 12wks but its just not practical. We will be very clear with everyone we tell that its not public news yet.... Still over a month til my first scan sad (private scan booked for tues tho!)

PuggyMum Sun 03-Feb-13 12:17:57

Hi! Am I in the right place here? Got my BFP yesterday and my period tracker says I am due on 27th September... I have long cycles so apparently I'm 6+2 but I'm pretty are we got caught when we dtd on 11th jan so probably 3 weeks after gestation.

I'll make an appointment for the docs this week. It doesn't feel real. I have period type pains (I believe this is normal though!) but no other symptoms yet!!

Kittenkatzen Sun 03-Feb-13 11:45:10

dietcoke I guess that's fair enough then - you certainly don't need an extra thing to worry about right now! Why do normally lovely people turn into insensitive berks at times like that??

kamikazee I am angry at your MIL on your behalf! Hopefully you managed to destroy the evidence before too many people saw it

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 11:33:32

MIL....she just didn't think but whata mistake to make! !! Really anxious about who has seen it

andadietcoke Sun 03-Feb-13 11:10:34

kitten yeah I guess so, but because we've all gone through it once so recently, I think I'm trying to protect them somehow. My dad was so excited when I told him I was pg, and my mum was a nightmare when I went through the mc - she was so matter of fact about everything and pretty much reeled off the list of 'things you shouldn't say to someone who's just had a miscarriage'!

I know telling them won't change the outcome for either baby, but I'm just a bit burnt after last time.

kamikazee I'm still furious for you. Argh.

Kittenkatzen Sun 03-Feb-13 11:03:24

kamikazee shockshock that's shocking who on earth would do that to you?? I'd be spitting feathers!

dietcoke I completely understand about the terrified feeling - do you not feel like you would like their support though if the worst we're to happen (which it won't obviously smile)

andadietcoke Sun 03-Feb-13 10:57:58

kamikazee I'd be livid too. That's infuriating.

kitten I'm 8+3 too, and haven't told anyone at all. The mw dated me at 9 today and refused to adjust it for when I ovulated or the scan I had last week that said approx 7 weeks (when I think I would have been 7+4). Argh. The twins have made me really superstitious, as have losses after people have seen heartbeats - In my naivety I thought a heartbeat meant everything would be okay. I really want to tell my parents, and then chicken out. Seeing both my parents and the in laws today but too terrified to say something.

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 10:48:52

Can't even begin to tell you how livid I am. Has massive implications at work and not how I wanted family to find out

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 10:47:17

Proceed with caution telling people peeps....my top secret news was plastered on facebook. That girls. ....is definitely an epic fail

Kittenkatzen Sun 03-Feb-13 10:44:02

I'll join the rubbish sleeping gang too - I'm waking up to pee two or three times every night at the moment, even if I haven't drunk anything between pees which is so frustrating! So sympathies to everyone else suffering.

We told MIL last night, she was so excited which was lovely - she whipped out a massive envelope stuffed with knitting patterns and demanded we choose something haha! grin

Off to see my 'rents today and will tell them too. Hoping it will be just them at home - I have lots of siblings who are all apt to pop up there at random times, but I'm not sure we're ready to tell everyone yet confused Anyone else started telling people yet!

I'm 8+3 btw

jm233 Sun 03-Feb-13 10:32:24

I couldn't sleep last night either. Kamikazee- I actually read your message but thought that if I start playing with my phone too much my chances of getting to sleep will be even slimmer.

Been feeling really quite grim with sickness over last week or so. I've lost weight and I am now less than I was before I found out about bump! I'm hoping that its all good as I probably had a couple of spare christmas kilos in me to start with...

DH has asked if we could have eggs and potato scones this morning, which sounded like an amazing idea about an hour ago. Then I was just sat thinking about said potato scones about 15 mins ago and just erupted in spontaneous gagging and had to run to the loo.. Probably no eggs for me then.

Wincher Sun 03-Feb-13 09:12:19

Wow hackneyedbird, that is stressful! We moved house last week too but not to a new area, just down the road, but a bigger house. The move itself went fine and we are beginning to get straight, but our house also needs redecorating, new kitchen etc. My toddler keeps asking to go back home which is a little hard to deal with!

hackneybird Sun 03-Feb-13 08:38:23

kim I have massive trouble sleeping too, and when I do sleep its always very lightly. I'm really fed up with it. Mi have a lot on at the moment though, I am working full time on a very stressful job, (plus I have a toddler) and we're also moving house to a new area tomorrow! We've been packing for weeks.

New area isn't too far away from where we live now, but it's still a wrench. Plus the new house needs redecorating top to bottom! It's hard doing all this packing whilst I'm feeling so sick and tired.

jennimoo Sun 03-Feb-13 05:51:37

I got my 12 week scan date yesterday: 14th Feb, so not long to wait. Ill be 11+6 by the private scan I had (midwife put that date on notes) or 12+3 by dates. Feeling anxious about it now, but mostly just really sick!

kimjayne Sun 03-Feb-13 02:21:40

*sorry about such terrible spelling. Stupid predictive text!

kimjayne Sun 03-Feb-13 02:20:28

having trouble sleeping were too! Although mines mainly due to being pissed off.
My close family are coming over to ours for a party tomorrow (mum, dad, sisters,nanna, grandad etc). It seemed like the perfect opportunity to tell the family our news. And as one or two of the family lice down south it was basically the last time we will see them for months...... and now my dads not coming! he's had somebody offer him a ticket to the football and (of course) he's jumped at the chance. Its blown all my plans out of the water. I want tell the family without my dad. But i equally can't wait for another chance to tell my closest family in person. sad sorry to rant.

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 01:48:05

Oh god I can't sleep so I thought would venture into the Aug 13 thread.....now I wish I hadnt!!! Is there such thing as a worry free pregnancy? ??

Anyone else really struggling with sleeping?

Also whats everyones pulse rate? Mines higher at 80

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now