Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 part 2 - there's LOADS of us!

(997 Posts)
Wincher Thu 17-Jan-13 13:27:04

New thread created in haste before the old one fills up!

fl0b0t Sun 20-Jan-13 14:48:06

Catpuss- people told me I'd be constipated but I never thought to this extent. MAking a joke of it with the OH, but it really is amazing. I look about 10 wks pregnant from all the constipation!!

We've told no-one but are thinking about who we want to tell and why and when. We have some pretty big birthday things going on with friends about 1 week before I'll be 12wks and probably before the scan, but thought we might tell our close friends then, but then feel we "should" tell parents first.... :-S ??

jennimoo Sun 20-Jan-13 15:06:23

We told the parents (and DD) yesterday after the scan. They'd got an inkling anyway as was hard to hide the Xmas tiredness and not drinking...

Last time told them at 5 weeks as overexcited and was first grandchild for both families... Not the best decision I now realise, especially as my Mum started knitting there and then...

jennimoo Sun 20-Jan-13 15:08:26

And agree on constipation. That and the bloating mean my work trousers don't fit, have been doing up with a hair band already... And this morning was so 'bunged up' I felt really ill and thought I was coming down with DDs sick bug!

kipsonline Sun 20-Jan-13 15:17:35

We will def wait until after the 12 wk scan, then attempt to tell everyone in strict relationship order(!) With DC1 this worked a treat as he came out of the blue so we had the element of surprise. With DC2 this was an absolute failure as we had been TTC for 18 months and had a failed IUI then conceived naturally the next month, so the world and his wife knew from 6 weeks. This time it will be a complete surprise again as everyone knows DH is dead set against (eek) and I'm fully expecting to hear 'why???' first before congratulations (due to my health issues/risks and already having 2 healthy boys etc).. So am dreading sharing tbh. It is DH 40th around our 12 wk mark so we have the option of doing a grand unveil (!) in front of everyone but I'm not sure I can face it?!? Argh confused

kipsonline Sun 20-Jan-13 15:21:29

Need to confess too. Friend's birthday last night, lovely dinner party. They live in the middle of nowhere so I drove, as my excuse, but did then enjoy a (small) glass of champagne, as hard to turn down, on many levels... Mmm, did I savour those bubbles. Confession over wink

kipsonline Sun 20-Jan-13 15:25:12

Ooh and has everyone got bump bands. Have mine down from loft and remembered how useful they are in early stages when you need to undo your top button but it's too soon for mat clothes. Brilliant. Just looks like a longline vest top to the untrained eye...highly recommend, and cheap grin

andadietcoke Sun 20-Jan-13 15:26:27

Hey kips if you're going to do something, do it properly! Last night at dinner was the first time I fancied some wine. Last time I had a drink though (night before BFP) it made me so feel so sick though.

Yep, I think champagne might be the way to go when I have a drink. High quality, easy to sip, make it last smile

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sun 20-Jan-13 15:27:54

I've told my mum and step dad, and my three besties. My mum lives next door and would soon catch on anyway, and my besties because they are my support network. If anything happens, they are the people I'd want to help cheer me up. I have also told one or two fairly random work friends because I'm a market trader, often quite a way from home and would like someone nearby who knows what's going on. I know that dp has discussed it with his work colleague, as he was a bit shocked and needed to Talk things through. I'm trying really hard not to tell anyone else, although this seems like a lot of people, we have huge families, who are bloody judgemental so is really very few people.

CarrieJayne Sun 20-Jan-13 15:33:03

We are having a private scan next Thurs so will be telling PIL on Monday if all is well... It's DH birthday and we'll be at his mum's house. Won't get away with not drinking because they all drink like fish as you get a drink thrust in your hand upon entering! Telling my parents Friday.

Agree with you dietcoke, you can't stop a mc but still doesn't stop me worrying! Sorta feels like I might jinx it by telling parents at 8 weeks. Arrrrggghh this pg malarkey is really quite stressful isn't it?!

I've been so busy enjoying ths thread I haven't noticed my puppy eating my new bra, and DH's trainers. Oops shock

TripleRock Sun 20-Jan-13 15:33:30

We've not told anyone at all yet.

We want DD to be the first to know and aren't telling her until we've had the ok from 12 week scan.

After that it will be parents first, then close friends/family, then everyone else. We only see my parents a few times a year and I would love to tell them face to face so we may have to engineer something.

kipsonine and andadietcoke I am really REALLY struggling with the no drinking thing. Don't remember it being this hard last time... I have actually sniffed DH's wine glass on more than one occasion these last few weeks blush

Manoodledo Sun 20-Jan-13 18:05:16

Wish I'd told my mum and then I could have gone there today while DH has been painting. As it is we're not terribly welcome there right now as we've all had a vomiting bug, which my mum is phobic about. I do feel a bit bad even though he has used minimal VOC paints and it wasn't particularly smelly and I've kept myself shut away from it. I'm not really looking forward to telling everyone this time round as they all knew we didn't intend to be having a third. I'm worried they'll be laughing at us for being stupid. Also my Dad's been giving me a row for having no pension at the moment, but as I'm not working we don't really have any money for one. I thought I'd be getting back to work pretty soon, been SAHM (doing freelance work here and there) since DS1 was born 6 years ago.

fl0b0t Sun 20-Jan-13 18:24:04

Drinking not bothering me (was doing dryathlon anyway)- but it's going to be harder to hide in February. I'm considering not leaving the house.

I am getting awful "afternoon" sickness since yesterday- started about 2 and continued to about 5pm yesterday and today it's been niggling since about 11am! I expected it to feel like travel sickness (kind of in the belly) but instead it's right up in my throat! Weirdly most books say that I'm about 2-3 weeks ahead of where my symptoms should be (I'm only 5wks tomorrow).

Bit stressed about travelling too- supposed to be travelling across country by train tomorrow but husband has vetoed it! Being very protective which is nice smile

fl0b0t Sun 20-Jan-13 18:25:22

edit also will be looking forwards to a tiny sip of champagne as my only reward drink wise during pregnancy. I think the British are so worried of our binge drinking culture, the advice all says AVOID- whereas abroad(especially on the continent) they are just very restrained about it all and enjoy a high class glass of something bubbly smile

I'm sorry to pour bad news on this thread. I'm now officially number 2 off the bussad. The spotting turn period like today. I rang the on call midwife and she told me to go to a&e. Long story short, it's confirmed I have miscarriaged. I didn't feel any severe pains at all. But I was already prepared for the worse hen the full on bleeding started late this morning. We will be trying again once this period is over. Who knows I might make it just in time for the November bus.

Good luck to all of you still on the bus.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 20-Jan-13 18:59:08

I'm so sorry onelittletoddlingterror sad

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 20-Jan-13 19:00:47

Anyone else with a persistent medium grade backache in the small of the back?

MeanMrsMustard Sun 20-Jan-13 19:01:27

Sorry to hear that onelittletoddlingterror.
Thinking of you and wishing you success in the very near future.

andadietcoke Sun 20-Jan-13 19:26:22

Oh, onelittletoddlingterror I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself xx

TripleRock Sun 20-Jan-13 19:28:58

Sorry OneLittleToddlingTerror

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sun 20-Jan-13 19:48:32

{{hugs}} OnelittleToddler.

LexyMa Sun 20-Jan-13 20:22:37

so sorry OLTT. Take care and hope you get your wish soon.

I am having a rubbish few days and it is making me cherish my DH so much. I was supposed to be working from home on Friday (and he did too) but felt awful when I woke up, moped around until 3 and then we went to pick up DS from nursery early (they hadn't closed, we just wanted to take him sledging). I felt better for the walk but it didn't last very long. Saturday was similar, I ended up in bed with a hot water bottle and two wheaties at 8 and didn't get up till 10 this morning. Tried the fresh air thing by taking DS to the shops (roads were fine, centre of Watford blissfully quiet!) but unfortunately developed a migraine and was walking around John Lewis with almost the entire left side of my vision gone, losing balance when getting on/off the escalator. Was slightly worried I looked drunk actually. DS was being an utter treasure though, didn't whinge at all, even when I perused almost every aisle of primark's knickers section trying to find plain cotton bikini style. Also got some cotton crop tops because my norks need support at night time now.

I seem to be having an evening nausea phase about 6-7pm which is right when I usually cook for DS (DH home a bit later). We will be living off freezer portions of curry/stew/bolognese for a while until that subsides.

Purplelooby Sun 20-Jan-13 20:43:32

Oh dear it looks like it's a bad day for the thread, because I'm joining onelittletoddler sad and becoming #3 off the bus.

My spotting turned to bleeding overnight last night and I ended up in the OOH and then A&E this afternoon. I already knew by then, but they confirmed the miscarriage. I also don't have much pain, it's just like a normal period but a bit heavier.

Good luck to everyone on here, I'm off to drink wine

Daisy299 Sun 20-Jan-13 20:47:39

We won't be finding out the gender... even before I was pregnant, we knew we wouldn't. Apart from anything else, I'm not into the gendered clothes thing and I don't want the family to go nuts buying blue/pink.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 20-Jan-13 20:47:41

I'm so sorry purplelooby sad Take care.

jm233 Sun 20-Jan-13 20:50:16

So sorry purple and OLTT. Hope you're coping ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now