Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 part 2 - there's LOADS of us!

(997 Posts)
Wincher Thu 17-Jan-13 13:27:04

New thread created in haste before the old one fills up!

batfuttocks Fri 01-Feb-13 21:11:09

Another one here with faint hpt at 8 weeks then normal scan a few days later. They mess with your head!

Saggy and Spanish - so sorry xx

Kilkers Fri 01-Feb-13 21:14:48

So sorry to saggy and spanish, sending big interweb hugs to you both xxx

On the subject of repeated testing, I just wanted to mention that during my last pg I got into the habit of testing every week because I was such a worrier. Had strong positives every time even 3 days before I found out I'd had an mmc. I should have been 10 weeks and they said the baby stopped at around 6 weeks. Sorry if this takes away a feeling of security for anyone but felt it was better to be honest.

thanks

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Fri 01-Feb-13 22:03:37

I'm really confused. My scan said fetus was 8+4 which makes the beam 10w this week. But is that I'm 10 w, or I'm actually 12 w?

As for peeing on sticks to check - what about drawing on a line on a lollipop stick? Then you can relax!! wink

Seriously though, I can't claim to understand, as I have not had the experience of mc (touch wood). But I am relying very heavily on my belief in fate. Kay Sara Sara. All I can suggest is making an apt with the practice nurse at the surgery, a chat with a health professional can help to reduce some worries.

As for hiding in bed saggy I'm there with you. Much love to you and your dogs.

spanish I'm glad you have the blessings counted, and that you are able to see the future for you and your family. Just think it valentines day soon and you can have my allocated champers portion wink

fl0b0t Fri 01-Feb-13 22:58:50

Sorry to see sad news on this thread sad and best wishes to all off the bus. Go get a glass of something luxuriant, book a massage and when you're ready, hop on a new bus.

I'm trying to stay away from MN at the moment as all I can do is whinge about how awful I feel. Got severe nausea and vomiting-unable to do anything, bored and feel rotten. Have only left the house for Dr visit and to buy food since Sunday.

Husband got back today and has been utterly amazing, but I'm feeling pressured to tell friends and family in the hope of support and understanding... Whereas husband is being more reserved (as is his nature, and what we agreed on before the sickness started)..... sigh 2.5kg lost but staying hydrated.

I know I'm not the only one feeling so crappy, so I'm sending happy thoughts and feelings to all.

LexyMa Sat 02-Feb-13 06:16:06

morning all.

I am severely preg-grumpy. DH went to bed early leaving me to watch Silent Witness with my dad (staying the weekend to help with some DIY). I took DS for his late night wee when I went to bed, which usually means he will sleep well past 6am. He didn't

4.30 he toddled in, DH took him back to bed and I thought I heard him get in together. Then they must have gone downstairs and started having breakfast (if DS was obviously not going back to sleep) and I can hear the radio on. DS climbs onto me with his clothes wanting help with them at 5.30 to which I grunt at him to go away. Then at 5.50 I realise sleep is not going to happen now that there is car noise outside and the radiators are about to start clunking into action. I sent a text and DH brought me tea in bed.

My dad has slept through it all.

batfuttocks Sat 02-Feb-13 07:35:31

Sympathies to fl0b0t. I had a stage where I literally didn't move off the sofa, except to work, for a few weeks. It was horrid. I have now decided a lot of it was acid and reflux related as well as plain old nausea. The acid makes me burn up my gullet and gives me a revolting taste in my mouth, also makes me sick and regurgitate food, and feel like food is stuck in my throat. I've since spoken with a GP and midwife and am taking Zantac (,ranitidine) only on really bad days, which reduced the acid, and it does make a huge difference. I have only taken 7 tablets in 3 weeks, but if I use them for 2 days straight it seems to buy me 2 or 3 days where the acid is less. The plain nausea bit is definitely easing now I am 10 weeks. I think the vomiting with this in the beginning is what triggered off the acid and the burning pain ( I have a history of gastritis and have needed 2 endoscopes in the past).

I will feel happier taking meds after 12 weeks but I can function a bit again now, and I simply couldn't before. Best of luck to you in finding a sympathetic GP.

jennimoo Sat 02-Feb-13 08:12:28

Batfuttocks - I've been having that food stuck feeling all week, it's horrid. Has eased slightly now and been replaced with full on nausea. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and it was 10 weeks I started actually being sick last time...

hackneybird Sat 02-Feb-13 08:16:04

Thinking of you catpuss and spanishlady.

Kitten why do you think your BF is being so funny?

KamikazeeKid Sat 02-Feb-13 08:28:59

Rosy the date the scan gives you is correct so you are 8+4.....not sure why you are adding to it?

Poonli Sat 02-Feb-13 10:37:50

To all those ladies that have other babies already: when you go for your 12 week scan - do you get results on the day/straight away? How long does it take? Do they at least tell you if everything's ok straight away? And words of wisdom are welcomed !

fl0b0t Sat 02-Feb-13 10:51:01

Oops. Managed to convince husband to go for n early scan smile found somewhere for £75 that had a slot on Tuesday! Excited! Now got to get through weekend and Mondays Dr appt......

LexyMa Sat 02-Feb-13 10:56:22

If you're having the nuchal test Poonli you get the combined results later in a letter because the blood test is sent away to a lab. You will get a scan photo on the day (I think we had to pay £3) and you may be able to see some details in the numbers down the side. CRL is crown to rump length, for example. The sonographer can't tell you it's definitely all fine re the combined nuchal test but can say that the neck thickness part of the measurement is within expected range.

At the 12 week scan they will be able to see all the vital organs are there, and that everything is in proportion. The blood tests look for chromosomal abnormalities which could affect development in the womb or in life. Some more detailed developmental issues might only be picked up at the 20wk scan, like cleft palate, organs not quite functioning etc. And they explain things so gently and reassuringly at the scans. I am fairly sure they would not send anyone away with an incomplete explanation, especially if there was something that was going to need to be monitored.

We are definitely still not telling anyone until after the 12wk scan because I had such a charmed pregnancy last time I am slightly concerned the karma wheel is going to turn on me at any moment. I'm not usually remotely superstitious!!

KamikazeeKid Sat 02-Feb-13 11:02:50

Poonli my 12 weeks is at 11+3 last time I had it at 13+3! I got my nuchal and blood results afterwards about a week or so later. Was low risk. At my hospital if they suspect at the time of scan there is a higher risk neck measurement they tell you there and then before waiting for bloods. They arrange amnio fairly soon. Results for that are 48 hours after the procedure.

Fingers crossed none of us has any concerns.

Really feel for all those who have got off the bus...been there twice and its heartbreaking :-( hope you are all getting the right support x

jm233 Sat 02-Feb-13 11:24:09

Flobot I've lost weight too. I'm glad I'm not alone in this!
It feels like the worry never ends. I've been for my early scan and I saw a bean and a heartbeat, but there are always dark thoughts lurking about. I wish my belly was made out of Perspex!

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Sat 02-Feb-13 12:05:39

kamkazikid I am confused with talk of gestation age and fetus age. As in your 2 weeks preg before you conceive. When you say 5 weeks since lmp.

Hoping for a sick free weekend for all

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sat 02-Feb-13 12:30:09

rosy as far as I know when they tell you are 8+5 say, they mean gestational age 8+5 ie already adding in the two extra weeks.

KamikazeeKid Sat 02-Feb-13 12:44:05

Ah ok yep what zombie said, it includes your 2 pre-ov weeks :-) 32 weeks to go!!
Debating whether to tell family today as not sure if they'll slip up!! I can't chance my work finding out as will impact myflexible working trial!!!

Right ladies, I'm off for some r&r in the sun for a couple of weeks. Good luck to all & hopefully I'll be back to join you soon :-)

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Sat 02-Feb-13 14:14:34

I seeeeeeeeee now. Thanks for that
I can move on to my next obsession.

Kittenkatzen Sat 02-Feb-13 14:33:44

Oooh have a fab holiday ready!

hackneybird my bf is lovely, but is in a relationship with a guy who has one dc and categorically doesn't want more. She has none of her own so its a touchy subject. I am so sad for her but she is is choosing to stay with him anyway. Things aren't massively awkward between us or anything, I just feel a bit like I'm walking on eggshells atm.

fl0b0t Sat 02-Feb-13 14:42:00

hackney that sounds like no fun sad

Dorita75 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:48:47

I'm really sorry Spanishlady and Catpuss I wish you lots of love and luck for the future.

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 01:48:05

Oh god I can't sleep so I thought would venture into the Aug 13 thread.....now I wish I hadnt!!! Is there such thing as a worry free pregnancy? ??

Anyone else really struggling with sleeping?

Also whats everyones pulse rate? Mines higher at 80

kimjayne Sun 03-Feb-13 02:20:28

having trouble sleeping were too! Although mines mainly due to being pissed off.
My close family are coming over to ours for a party tomorrow (mum, dad, sisters,nanna, grandad etc). It seemed like the perfect opportunity to tell the family our news. And as one or two of the family lice down south it was basically the last time we will see them for months...... and now my dads not coming! he's had somebody offer him a ticket to the football and (of course) he's jumped at the chance. Its blown all my plans out of the water. I want tell the family without my dad. But i equally can't wait for another chance to tell my closest family in person. sad sorry to rant.

kimjayne Sun 03-Feb-13 02:21:40

*sorry about such terrible spelling. Stupid predictive text!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now