Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 part 2 - there's LOADS of us!

(997 Posts)
Wincher Thu 17-Jan-13 13:27:04

New thread created in haste before the old one fills up!

jemimahpuddleduck Fri 18-Jan-13 10:18:29

Congrats schmidge I'm sure it will all become more real once you are home.

Tuddles that's great you have moved the wedding forward what an exciting year for you all!

All the normal food i eat is making feel so sick so going to have to do a shop tonight. I usually eat really healthily just because I love healthy food and fruit and veg but all I want his really bland food now hoping it will only last 1st trimester and I can get back to my normal diet ASAP. Am still managing my exercise three times a week so hoping that will continue for a while longer.

I suppose I just have to listen to what my body tells me.

jm233 Fri 18-Jan-13 10:32:56

My body is telling me it wants Taramasalata confused

jemimahpuddleduck Fri 18-Jan-13 10:42:04

Have you had any? Mine wants fish fingers confused

Creamtea1 Fri 18-Jan-13 10:44:46

Mine seems to want cheese!
7+1 and I've put on 1lb so far, and am attributing that to Xmas anyway!

jemimahpuddleduck Fri 18-Jan-13 10:51:09

I could get on board with cheese too!

1lb is great I put on 4lbs over Xmas so hoping won't put on much in the next few weeks to try and even it out a bit.

jennimoo Fri 18-Jan-13 10:51:24

Sorry to hear your news jmf sad

I seem to crave all different things at different times. And I don't expect my asda online shop will arrive this pm...

More annoyingly my private scan is booked for tomorrow morning so not sure ill be able to get there. At least they didn't take a deposit! Initially I was going to book for yesterday and really wish I had now sad

All I can face is toast & toasted muffins right now....so nauseous! Went to the docs today & got my booking in appointment sorted for when I get back from Bali. Still lots of issues around whether or not to take anti-malarials....and the fact that a couple of my jabs are out of date but I guess I'll just have to wing it! Have cleared it with hubby that I can tell my mum now, which is a relief as my mum's a health visitor so should be quite helpful on the end of a phone. Mother in Law is arriving today....she makes me nauseous even when I'm not preggers so I think this wknd could be a struggle!

Eeeknumber3 Fri 18-Jan-13 10:56:33

Oh gosh, I am starving, just had to have a 2 slice of cheese on toast with marmite! I put on a huge 4 stone with ds1, but then I lost it and went back down to a 14 before our wedding a year after he was born! Then got pregnant with DD1 on honeymoon and put on 2.5 stone with her, but never really managed to lose that, so am starting out as a 16-18 this time...eek, must eat healthy stuff in small amounts! I only eat healthy stuff, but lots of it! Maybe it will be counteracted by having given up my evening wine?! Is everyone starving!? Xx

Creamtea1 Fri 18-Jan-13 10:57:07

grin re mother in law readytosettle

I have other cravings (wham bars anyone?) but cheese is the fave. Oh and curry but that's normal for me!

Creamtea1 Fri 18-Jan-13 10:58:30

Yes permanently starving eek
Trying to curb loads of eating with tea and hot chocolate

Eeeknumber3 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:06:26

Hiya Readytosettle - I went to India on atrip round northern India when I was 8-10 weeks pregnant with ds1, first pregnancy. I was so nervous, but it had been booked for ages and it was the trip of a lifetime with family, so I didn't feel I could let everyone down. Gp assured me all would be well. The smells were not good for my sickness and didn't eat curry for a while! I had ordered malarone to take, but couldn't have it as it was classified as not safe in pregnancy or risk unknown, so I had the one where you take two drugs, acyclovir and palaquin? Can't remember he brand name, but I was absolutely fine on it and DS1 was born a healthy 9lb, unaware of his trip round India. Also preggypops helped me when I felt sick on hols, they were from eBay, just boiled sweets really with high sugar, but very effective! X

Eeeknumber3 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:10:17

Sorry it was paludrine and avloclor I took xxx

LexyMa Fri 18-Jan-13 11:16:57

Well I am the opposite, I seem to have been losing appetite. Managed a big bowl of soup that DH presented me with last night, so maybe it is not poor appetite but cantbearsedness in the evenings...

Next person to do the list please remember to take ladies off as they sadly have to leave us, jmf is still on there for example.

Maybe we should have a new sign in each thread in case ppl have left quietly?

jemimahpuddleduck Fri 18-Jan-13 11:20:18

I was thinking that myself Lexyma there arsoakot of ladies on the original list that haven't posted for a while.

To start us off ....

Jemimahpuddleduck 25 BFP New Years Day EDD 15/09/13 DC1

jemimahpuddleduck Fri 18-Jan-13 11:21:10

alot no idea what my phone thought I was trying to type!

jm233 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:24:51

That's a good idea Lexy- there are so many people who have gone quiet!

Yeah I had some Taramasalata yesterday. I felt like a baby criminal but I could literally not stop thinking about it. And now it's all gone blush...

According to my scales I lost weight- just under a kilo. Has that happened to anyone? I'm hoping that's its just the going from christmas diet to healthy baby diet (taramasalata excluded). I have my early scan a week today, I really can't wait to be able to put my mind at ease!

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Fri 18-Jan-13 11:39:45

I've lost a little, but being a coward, I don't weigh myself, so I don't know how much. My trousers do feel righ today though, although I do have 2 sets of thermals on underneath, so that might not be helping! grin

Babyboo79 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:52:01

I'm still here! I'm really struggling with food and all I can face eating is toast & marmite! I couldn't understand it till DH read yesterday that it contained folic acid.....finally makes sense!

I'm worried that I'm only 5+4 and still have 8 months to navigate 3 meals a day!

I haven't dared to weigh myself yet, but will probably brave the scales tomorrow.

Daisy299 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:55:45

I always eat low carb normally, but have had to give in to the nausea and start eating carbs in the past week to settle my stomach. Have had to absolutely stuff myself with carbs and sugar today just to be able to work. Ugh. Hopefully I won't have to do that for too long.

jennimoo Fri 18-Jan-13 11:56:34

Marmite on toast is one I keep craving. Think bits the salt. But then sometimes it's toast and jam as craving sugar. Don't say that means there's one of each in there...

loubeebaby Fri 18-Jan-13 11:59:53

Lolol! Marmite craver here too! I HAVE to eat carbs otherwise my nausea just doesnt tone down. Tryed eating my normal fruit and yoghurt in the mornings but it just wasnt cutting it! Marmite is the one!!

jemimahpuddleduck Fri 18-Jan-13 12:11:51

So glad I'm not the only one having to stray from their normal eating my shopping list is full of carbs, it is the only thing that doesn't make me feel ill, haven't craved marmite yet though.

jennimoo Fri 18-Jan-13 12:29:34

Shopping list here is bread, bagels, crumpets and lots of margarine for them all! I did this last time, it was toast all through until I got back from hospital with DD and then back to my normal cereal.

Daisy299 Fri 18-Jan-13 13:29:27

Just went to change my online shopping order and the cut-off was 11.45am sad
Going to have a fridge full of salad and eggs when all I can eat is cake and toast!

LexyMa Fri 18-Jan-13 14:12:28

Got any flour? Could make cake with those eggs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now