Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 part 2 - there's LOADS of us!

(997 Posts)
Wincher Thu 17-Jan-13 13:27:04

New thread created in haste before the old one fills up!

Creamtea1 Fri 25-Jan-13 22:05:39

It is amazing though...smile basically I feel sick from getting up till dinner time - I feel sick at dinner but I make myself have it (and it has to be what I fancy) and then it's as if floodgates open and I can't stop eating all night! Then bed, sleep, wake up in the morning and start again!

batfuttocks Fri 25-Jan-13 22:12:08

Ooh, ice cream. Yum.
Sadly I had eyes bigger than my stomach tonight. (It's hard to believe). Fajitas were going down a treat, but unfortunately I didn't stop when I should have and now feel so grim! It's like they are still poking out of my throat. They literally have gone nowhere, which is no great surprise as I am choc full of sodding POO.

Tomorrow is operation massive crap. I am armed with lactulose, all bran and glycerol suppositories. I feel this is all good revision for the birth.

KamikazeeKid Fri 25-Jan-13 22:12:46

I'm going to have to try taramasalata as you're all mentioning it....its got raw fish eggs in it tho hasn't it? Does it taste very fishy?
Who mentioned popcorn? ?? I finally scratched that itch today mmmmm....nom nom

Wincher Fri 25-Jan-13 22:38:25

Urgh you guys are making it hard for me to read this thread, I can't think about food! We did have Chinese for tea too though!

I'm near Windsor fl0b0t....so depends which side of Berkshire!

Was presenting to some very senior bods at a major retailer today & all I could think about was 'if I was to vom right this minute what would I do?!'. Fortunately I didn't, but can u imagine?? I think it was the mix of adrenaline & hormones that really unsettled me, but doesn't bode well for the next few weeks as I'm only 5+3!

jennimoo Sat 26-Jan-13 07:05:19

Just about caught up the last couple of days, although had to skip mentions of food: I've had the vomiting bug that DD had last weekend and so couldn't eat at all the last day and a half.

Thankfully this morning I seem to have woken up with just morning sickness, as in I'm starving. Slowly nibbling some biscuits and hoping the puking is over, as I hadn't had any morning sickness puking yet, just constant nausea...

SpanishLady Sat 26-Jan-13 08:03:02

I keep getting headaches and maybe morning sickness (just feels like hunger pangs) but nothing like with my son (throwing up till week 25) so I'm confused! Am very pleased to have got my 12week scan date through (snap creamtea: 25 Feb) and consultant appt (16 may)!

smile

KamikazeeKid Sat 26-Jan-13 08:26:55

I can't change my sons pooey nappies! I start to vom even before I start!! Hubby thinks I'm just trying to swerve them. Help!

7+3 now and last time I suffered for nearly 6 months....

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sat 26-Jan-13 08:30:22

WOOHHOOO! I have just been to the loo! grin blush it took 2 litres of water, half a pint o freshly squeezed oj, half a bottle of lactulose and a pound and a half of red grapes, but I got there! <<relief>>

batfuttocks Sat 26-Jan-13 09:01:41

Yay!
grin

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Sat 26-Jan-13 09:39:54

Hurrah for catpuss!!!!!!

Was it a double or triple flush ??

Kittenkatzen Sat 26-Jan-13 10:12:44

<cheers catpuss' bum> gringrin

andadietcoke Sat 26-Jan-13 10:45:17

Yay catpuss!! thanks

MeanMrsMustard Sat 26-Jan-13 10:53:14

Hi kamikazeekid
I was just writing my reply to you last night when my friend turned up and I had to stop thinking about pregnancies!
The pain is low left- side abdomen. It's not very painful, intermittent but regular - id say every 2 -5 minutes. It only lasts a few seconds. It's like I notice it, it gets a little worse, then it goes. 2 seconds max! It is always in the same place!
Has anyone else had anything similar. Completely normal or worth investigating?
I'm 9+5 ish

Thanks

TripleRock Sat 26-Jan-13 12:17:42

Catpuss, well done!

I had similar this morning. Had a mini heart attack when I wiped and found blood only to remember it was from the <ahem> 'wrong orifice' so all is well.

I remain to be convinced by this preg tbh. No nausea to speak off, sore boobs have settled now. Have been tired and ratty, but that's it really. sad

On the plus side, I've had my scan appt through for end of Feb when I will be a little over 11 weeks, so happy with that.

Kittenkatzen Sat 26-Jan-13 12:58:50

triplerock I feel the same way, still no real nausea here either and boobs nowhere near as heavy/sore as they have been.

Just had my scan and booking appt through too - booking on the 5th, scan on the 26th. Now just need a convincing excuse for needing two random Tuesdays off work confused

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sat 26-Jan-13 13:09:05

Mean I've had that. Really low, I think is ligament related, as mine was mainly left sided, with the odd right side twinge too! It seems to have calmed down now, but was very uncomfortable and rather worrying! I've kind if decided that as I'm old and fat and saggy anyway, my poor body has lots of stress anyway, so these tweaks and twinges are to be expected! confused

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sat 26-Jan-13 13:10:15

P.s. my bottom has never had so much applause! grin

KamikazeeKid Sat 26-Jan-13 14:02:05

Applause to the cats bum lol!

Meanmrsmustard ive had similar but not as frequent as that but certainly several times a day. Sounds like stretchy pains tho. Do you have a midwife you can call for reaasurance?

I've just met my midwife! What a nice lady. Got consultant appt in 3 weeks tho and concerned by the risk of problems during pregnancy following a section.....she said I would have signed and read those risks before being taken to theatre but trust me I was not in the mood for reading when my bubs was in trouble! !

Another really nauseous day....I can't do anything! I nearly threw up on the midwife...

chocciemousse Sat 26-Jan-13 14:22:49

Hello. I'd love to join the list but having trouble as doing this from my phone.
BFP 27 dec EDD 8 sept x

chocciemousse Sat 26-Jan-13 14:32:59

MeanMrsMustard I had that for a couple of weeks too. The doc said I had a UTI and gave me antibiotics. I went back after the first course as the pain was still quite bad and I was given another round if antibiotics and a scan as they were concerned it could be an ectopic pregnancy. The scan was all fine and they explained along with the UTI I was also experiencing ligament stretching. I thought I was 9 weeks but was told at the scan I was only 8.

fl0b0t Sat 26-Jan-13 14:52:55

Kitten katzen-sounds like your system is different to where I live! I've got a booking in appt at 9 weeks (3 weeks away) with midwife at my Dr surgery, and I got the impression that she would refer me to the hosp for my scan. Looks like my "which hosp" dilemma solved as the midwife attached to my gp surgery can only refer to one of the two hospitals, so that's sorted!

Poonli Sat 26-Jan-13 15:09:24

Hi all.

Last weekend I had some bleeding which FREAKED me out. The GP said it was most probably implantation bleeding but to be safe go for an early pregnancy scan.

I did today and all is fine. I saw baby and heard his heartbeat! They dated me at 9th Sept (I ovulated a day early).

I am SO relieved. I was also told that if I don't have morning sickness by now, it's rare that I will develop it now....

Loving being pregnant now and just excitedly- no point being sick with worry - there is absolutely nothing I can do apart from be happy and healthy.

Congrats to all of you and hope we all have safe, smooth pregnancies.

Xx

Kittenkatzen Sat 26-Jan-13 15:14:50

fl0b0t I had a pre-booking appointment with the midwife at my gp surgery at 6wks, where we had a general chat she took some basic details and then referred me to my chosen hospital (not hers incidentally). The letter today was from the hosi confirming bloods at 9+5 and scan at 11+5. According to the midwife at the gp I will go back to her 2 or 3 more times for general check ups but all the "proper" appts will be done at the hosi. It does seem a bit protracted and complicated!

Despite all this, with the lack of symptoms I can't help still feeling like a bit of a fraud confused

jm233 Sat 26-Jan-13 17:17:50

Oh my... Fruit jelly... So good... Nom nom nom...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now