Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 part six...what does the third trimester have in store?

(988 Posts)
edinfirst Sat 12-Jan-13 22:43:34

Link to stats thread

nottinghillmom1234 Fri 15-Feb-13 16:19:08

Hi all - ok, so i'm not feeling well today sad woke up with a bit of pain in my lower tummy and thighs (period like pain)...called my MW thinking she'll say it's nothing to worry about but she called me to the hospital sad Hope there is nothing serious!! Really scared!!

Mama1980 Fri 15-Feb-13 16:41:53

Am here for a handhold nottinghill and thinking of you. Hopefully its nothing but its always better to check. X

tattooedapril87 Fri 15-Feb-13 16:42:50

notting let us know how you get on...

Essex ok ill meet you there smile is it easy to park near there, or best to park in sains carpark area and walk round?xx

i feel nervous!

tattooedapril87 Fri 15-Feb-13 16:53:14

Essex ignore sains comment- i can see on Google its further than that. ill use satnav, but is parking easy?

EssexWelsh Fri 15-Feb-13 16:58:07

I was nervous going the first time too, like a kid on first day of school hoping big kids are nice, but assure you everyone very chatty and they do nice cake! It was busy outside the cafe, so I parked around the corner there are some shops that have street parking that is free for 2 hours, was easy enough, think others parked in front of houses near by, but there were a few spaces by me.

leluella Fri 15-Feb-13 17:44:18

Hi all,

Stressful day for me today, went into hospital for monitoring as baby hadn't been moving much. Although heartbeat was picked up it was very flat and wasn't varying much so they were concerned. Was monitored for nearly 4 hours before they let me go and still haven't felt hardly any movement. Have to go back tomorrow for more monitoring and then scan on Monday as this is the earliest the ultrasound is available. Trying not to worry but can't help it.

Sorry for the me post

Mama1980 Fri 15-Feb-13 17:52:53

Thinking of you too leluella. I hope you can get some rest and babe wakes up tomorrow, don't hesitate to call or go to the hospital if your really worried before though. X

usernamegoeshere Fri 15-Feb-13 18:21:28

Nottinghill & Leluella thinking of you both & hope you get some reassurance quickly.

I had my 32 week check up today. +2 leucytes which I expect since have had them consistently since about 20 weeks now. But no protein or anything so thats good. I measured 33 weeks and baby is head down still with her bum poking out & heart rate was fine. I like my GP ante natal appts better than the consultant, far more thorough & he actually uses a tape measure. When he measured me though the top of my pubic bone was really sore, he said that is my bones starting to separate ready for birth, I find it baffling that my body seems to know whats going on.

He said I have chloasma which is just blotchy skin on my face, it has been coming & going for all pregnancy but today was first time it flared in front of a doctor. He said to use E45 & will go after baby is born.

Mama I hope you get to go home soon, must be so excited not to mention sick of the hospital.

32 weeks today

angeltattoo Fri 15-Feb-13 18:46:53

kitkatsz and bonadea Brilliant, Wimbledon is close too, will look into it, THANK YOU!

nottinghill and leluella keeping everything crossed, hope all is ok.

Hope everyone has a nice, relaxing weekend ahead.

wishfulthinking1 Fri 15-Feb-13 18:52:20

Hugs to nottinghill and luella - hope you're both ok.

After a very easy first 7 months now its all go! Had gtt today- should get results of that and TORCH screening on Monday. Midwife measured again today whilst I was I'm for gtt- she said that according to her measurements the bump has got even smaller than when it got smaller before! I just don't get it- I feel like I'm getting bigger all the time! The scan on Tuesday showed everything was fine but she had a feel and she said the baby 'just felt small' so she's booked me in for another growth scan in 10 days time. She didn't seem too worried- but best to be on safe side.

In other news- IT'S HALF TERM!!! Hoorah!! Am off to Devon tomorrow with hubster and my folks- I can't wait to see the sea! And after that just 3 more weeks of work for a whole year!! and the last time I ever work full time if I can get away with it!!

Xxxx

wishfulthinking1 Fri 15-Feb-13 18:53:33

mama - great news that you could be going home soon! Has your partner moved out / has he been in touch?
X

kitkatsz23 Fri 15-Feb-13 19:49:09

Nottinghill:I hope you are better now and you'll be home soon. Thinking of you!
Leluella:Thinking of you too! I hope the baby is just having a bad day.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

nottinghillmom1234 Fri 15-Feb-13 20:12:56

Thanks a lot everyone - Just got back from the hospital. I have urine infection sad They monitored baby's heartbeat which is fine, thank god! But i'm passing blood in my urine now which is very scary sad Every time I go to the loo my heart sinks sad They've put me on antibiotics! Still in pain - MW said it will take 2-3 days for the pain to subside. sad

I love this forum and the support you get here! x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 15-Feb-13 20:24:32

notting I wondered if it was a UTI from your symptoms. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly. Take care of yourself. Plenty of rest and fluids!

user could it be discharge? My MW said that can give you leukocytes in your urine and goodness knows, I'm having tonnes of that!

leluella sorry to hear its been a scary day. I hope baby starts kicking you shortly and puts your mind at ease before your scan.

I popped to Primarni and bought more (large!) pjs today - bored of the same two pairs! And two nighties that button near the top which hopefully I can use for breast feeding.

Anyone else having awful mood swings? I've been so grumpy today! Good job I've not really been around people much! smile

Teapig Fri 15-Feb-13 22:22:59

notting glad they got to the bottom of it, it must be horribe for you I hope the antibiotics do their work soon. Take it easy.

leluella I hope baby is just having a lazy day. I've had a couple of episodes of reduced movement and have had monitoring but all seems ok, sure it will be for you too. Try not to worry, easy to say I know.

mama, it's fantastic that you'll be home soon. Your children must be so excited.

Freecycle turned up trumps for us today, got a whole batch of hardly warn/never warn 0-3 months stuff so think we might be pretty much there now on the clothes front.

We're (attempting) to put wallpaper up in the nursery this weekend, can't wait to see what it looks like.

SneezySnatcher Fri 15-Feb-13 22:28:23

Notting and Leluella thinking of you both.

More great news Mama, although it's a shame the counselling didn't go as planned.

Well, I'm officially on maternity leave. So excited as I feel like I worked as hard as I could up to now and I'm just getting to the point where I'd start to put less effort in! I'll miss the lovely kids but the plan is to return (still part-time) in September. I've also promised to pop in and see them often and bring the baby too.

So now all I have to do is spend time with my gorgeous DD (and DH when he's not working!) and wait for our baby!

32+6

Trishstar Sat 16-Feb-13 08:56:07

Hope these sleepy baby's have started being cooperative and moving around xxxxx thinking of you all x

My last weekend at work til next January 2014! Crazy thought! My last day is Monday x

31+4

tattooedapril87 Sat 16-Feb-13 09:02:52

am very jealous of all those starting leave... I've two more weeks to go and im struggling!

milktraylady Sat 16-Feb-13 09:08:24

Sorry to hear of everyone's medical problems, hope all is ok.

1 more week of work left for me!

Tattooed & Essex I will see you at the cafe this morning!!
My colleague was horrified I was meeting people off the Internet today!

lutrinae Sat 16-Feb-13 09:14:26

I've still got 6 weeks of work left ! I can't afford to take more than 6 months off so it seemed more sensible to pretty much work right up to when I'm due.

I caught up with OBEM tonight. It's getting harder to watch as due date gets closer. I have to admit i'm terrified of labour...

EssexWelsh Sat 16-Feb-13 09:31:07

Ha ha milktray, it's like going on a blind date, I'll be carrying a white carnation wink! What is your real name again so know to spot you, I'm Stacey.

milktraylady Sat 16-Feb-13 09:40:31

I'm Sophie! I was wondering if people would think I'm crazy asking- are you Essex!!!

tattooedapril87 Sat 16-Feb-13 10:04:53

it is like a blind date- and sophie you prob shouldn't tell them that I'll be turning up in my rain mac...
im Nicola btw x

nottinghillmom1234 Sat 16-Feb-13 11:42:03

Good Morning ladies!! i'm still in a little pain but bleeding has stopped and the baby is moving - thank god!! Guessing the antibiotic is helping!

Leluella - How are you feeling today? Is the baby moving? Have u tried having orange juice and lying down for half an hour - my MW says if the baby doesn't move try this and u'll hopefully feel some movement. Sending lots of positive mommy energy ur way!

Essex Milktray & tattooed - so excited you guys are meeting today - let us know how it goes? smile

Mama - Thinking of you! My husband keeps asking about u and alex too smile Hope u both are doing fine. Sending lots of love!

JaquelineHyde Sat 16-Feb-13 15:38:36

Afternoon ladies!

nottinghill so glad the bleeding has stopped. UTI's are really persky at this stage in pg, they think it was a uti that caused my waters to break at 30 weeks last time round. Sometimes they go completely un-noticed, so glad yours was caught and is being treated. Lots of rest and chocolate.

Leluella I hope things have picked up for you and you are being kicked to pieces by the baby! For you as well, lots of rest and chocolate.

Mama everytime I hold my 7 month old nephew I think of you and your Alexander as my nephew is an Alexander as well grin I just can't believe how amazingly well you have both been doing and can't wait until you get to have him sleep at your bedside for the first time and then finally take him home so you can start to be a family again. I think you should have rest and chocolate as well!

In fact Dr JaqHyde is prescribing rest and chocolate to all the April thread ladies. It is working wonders for me...I may write a book! grin

I have been on maternity leave for 4 weeks now and I don't feel like I have stopped at all. So many appointments though, they just keep coming and ruining my plans of lazy days. I have another 4 appointments this week on 4 seperate days and it's half term here so all 3 dcs are at home!

I cannot believe how little time is left for us all, I just keep tinking back to those first few weeks when we were all so nervous and the end looked so, so far away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now