Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2013 Part 2: Looking forward to scans and the beginning of bumps!

(980 Posts)
chocolatesolveseverything Tue 08-Jan-13 21:48:20

Here's a new thread for us summer mums-to-be.

A link to the first thread is here.

This first trimester will end eventually... it will, it will!!! grin

FoofFighter Sat 02-Feb-13 14:54:07

carrie, so glad yesterday went.. um.. well? for you - not the right words I know but I can't think just now blush Put your feet up and take it easy my love xx

Dexidoo Sat 02-Feb-13 17:18:03

Wishing you all the best for your recovery and for a future healthy pregnancy Carrie xx

Yvonney Sat 02-Feb-13 19:55:22

Carrie - glad you have lots of support, wishing you the best for the future xxx thanks

Ruck - my hubby is boob checker too lol! I'm not that big normally but feel like I've been pumped up a bit! They are fuller, rounder and sore sad now wearing a maternity bra in bed as they feel like tonne weights!
Finally got booking in appointment with midwife this Wednesday. She says she has my notes from DS birth so that should make interesting reading!

10+5 (nearly 11 weeks yay!) grin

carrie - glad you have made it home and hope you get lots of support and understand while you heal. Best of luck for the future thanks

Yvonney - Also in maternity bras in bed now. Boobs a bit bigger but mostly just feel kind of swollen, bit sore, so bra helps. Sexy and i know it!!!

Dexi - My skin of back and shoulders has started to break out. Had this with DS. Looks awful, like a case of chicken pox or something. From what I remember, it cleared up after 8 weeks or so but feeling fed up and quite hideous - hard to even shave legs cos skin is so sensitive everywhere at the min and shaving which is normally fine is giving me a horrible rash sad Oh well, we'll look blooming hopefully soon enough

13+1

Abilee90 Sat 02-Feb-13 22:32:41

Carrie huge hugs and best of luck for future.

I now have a kidney infection sad and am feeling worse for wear. Not enjoying this pregnancy at all atm. Ontop of feeling sick all the time. My skin is nice and clear smile but the hair on my legs in growing crazy fast :/ gonna be known as the hairy lady lol.

So how is every one else feeling?
Xxx

MrsPennyapple Sat 02-Feb-13 23:30:17

Carrie Glad you're home and everything went ok, as far as possible in this horrible situations. Take some time and relax, and let yourself be looked after for a while.

My DP is annoying me too, it's like I can't even move without explaining why! My ring twisted round when I was driving, so I wiggled my finger, and he asked if I have a sore finger. When I came in the living room earlier I had my arm in front of me and he asked if I had a sore tummy. NO! DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY I PUT MY FRIGGING ARMS WHERE I PUT THEM NOW? Also whilst driving, we had just left my friend's house, literally just started moving, and he totally distracted me, and then barked at me. Basically saying "you should probably put your lights on THAT'S A GIVE WAY SIGN!" at me. And he did the exact same thing at the same give way sign last time we visited my friend. Next time I will deck him. He makes me nervous and I make stupid mistakes which I then stress about and make more.

Rant over, sorry for the thread derailment.

Jollymummy2 Sun 03-Feb-13 10:06:56

Ha ha MrsPennyapple, I think it's only fair that our DP cop it just a bit, after all they did this to us!
I have been struggling to sleep at night, so many weird dreams when I do. So I have been up since 5am doing washing and housework!! Normally I feel shocking in the mornings but feel ok today, although no doubt it won't last!
Looking forward to my scan on Friday, but still a bit nervous!
Hope you are all feeling slightly more "normal" as the weeks progress.
Can't wait for the blooming stage grin

13wks

DH just walked to shop with a mild hangover from goin out last night and he's downstairs making me and DS a cooked breakfast lol so hes not annoying me but if he ever acts a bit fed up i just yell YOU DID THIS TO ME...AGAIN!! grin

Mayanbob Sun 03-Feb-13 10:47:57

carrie Glad you are having support and that you are able to relax and start healing. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Thank you for info beckie

Must admit I am having a chuckle at all the 'wanting to kill OH/ DH' vibes. Fortunately for mine, he managed to survive the last few weeks and now I am too tired to contemplate such a thing. Am impressed at the housework Jollie I woke up, wrote down what needed to be done then fell asleep for another two hours.
But I will pass on advice given to me at the time, it's probably best not to kill them as they might be useful in a few months time.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend people

12+4 (until scan on Thursday! aggh!)

Christelle2207 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:21:53

Hello again
So sorry to hear carries story- pls take care and also beckett- I think you're a superstar!
Back from skiing here, had a good holiday but won't be going skiing when pg again. Was basically knackered and I think subconsciously worried about bean so skied like a terrified idiot all week. No serious falls fortunately. Also the food at the hotel was amazing but I kept realising (too late) that I wasn't supposed to eat certain cheese/ shellfish/choccolate mousse and had a bit of wine too, oops. Anyway none of that made me ill so fingers crossed that won't have any bad effects as long as I behave myself in future.
Main problem was that I ended up with crappy cold/cough and of course I couldn't dose myself up with the usual drugs and had to try and negotiate with the French pharmacist what I could (not) have, Grr.
So although I did enjoy being in the mountains with my dh, not exactly the holiday I planned and I was secretly pleased to get back yesterday!
I have something of a bump now so reckon I will have to come clean at work this week, so far only family and some close friends know (plus my boss who I trust). Anyone else not entirely comfortable with making a big "announcement"?

Also, anyone getting a Doppler? Am quite keen on the idea, dh not so much as he thinks I just need to chill out a bit more and not be in a frantic worrisome state about bean. I agree but I can't help being super anxious can I?!

14+2

Christelle2207 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:30:34

Ps on the nt test issue we have gone for it and waiting to hear (they said there would be a call soon if a problem and has been over a week now fx) however I'm a bit unconfortwble with my risk factor coming back as a ratio and how I will feel when I get that. Dh is adamant that if risk is high he would want amino to know for sure, I'm not so sure because fairly sure I would not want to terminate anyway and the risk of having a mc could be higher than risk of downs baby as my hospital says high risk is 1 in 150 which doesn't sound that high to me. A friend has a downs baby and he has brought them so much joy, they went on to have two other healthy children. Surely there is a not insignificant chance child would be born with some other issue, perhaps undetectable before birth, unless the news was catastrophic I very much doubt I would terminate and now regretting having the test in the first place! Hopefully my score will just be low and we can just move on...recognise that whatever happens it's a personal decision what to do and never a right or wrong answer.

Christelle2207 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:32:15

Incidentally I don't know their ratio but friend who had downs baby came back as low risk and they only realised when he was 2 months old- they were never offered an amnio.

RugBugs Sun 03-Feb-13 14:01:23

Well I caved at the baby show and bought an nct bed nest for £200.
Was too much of a bargain not to, they sell for that used shock

DD had a great time playing with all the tumble tots equipment and a few nurseries had really good play areas too. She also tried to get into the inflated birthing pool they had on show blush!

12 weeks today!

duende Sun 03-Feb-13 14:08:50

christelle, I have an angel sound fetal Doppler from first pregnancy. I'm 14 weeks and managed to find heartbeat ok a few days ago. I don't use it every day, and I don't become obsessive, but I do find it reassuring. When I was pregnant with DS I stopped using it when I could feel him kick.

Yvonney Sun 03-Feb-13 14:44:38

DH just said he's glad he's nightshift tonight cos I'm soo grumpy! angry Cheeky bugger! Think I may be a tad "up & down" but can't believe he'd rather be at work lol!!! blush x
10+6

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 03-Feb-13 16:22:18

Carrie, glad everything went 'well' on Friday. Wishing you all the good luck & strength for the future. x

christelle, I have the same doppler as duende which I used in first pregnancy. I've been finding the hearbeat from about 9wks+2 (posted on here when I first found it) & although it's reassuring to find it...now all I can think about is the other problems that aren't heartbeat related!
It was very, very useful when DS stopped moving (twice) that I knew on the way to hospital, that even if the worst was going to happen, for the moment I checked he had a hearbeat still.

Abilee, hope you're feeling better soon! Kidney infection doesn't sound like fun.

Rugbugs, that's a fab bargain for the bed & I hope your DD is worn out from her day exploring!

Nothing much to report here, tried compression socks earlier today & although they helped at the time, I'm still very swollen.

13+1

beckie90 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:06:42

Well I keep feeling the little bean (or lime lol) move quite often now its really lovely smile

Been feeling a little rubbish last few days today I went to bed and slept a whole 3hrs ds was having dinner at his nans and ds2 went to sleep with me shock he never has a nap longer than 40 mins so was quite shocked when he started to stir and I looked at time. Not usually one for afternoon naps, but just feel so awful and sickness has kicked back in.

abi hope you get rid of the infection soon and start to feel better xx

Is anyone else having a 16wk private bonding scan? I booked mine for 2wk Saturday coming, was originally booked to find out the gender, but now OH has decided he dusnt want to find out, but I still really want to sad

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend smile

duende Sun 03-Feb-13 21:53:31

Just out of interest, is anyone here from beds or herts by any chance? You ladies are my equivalent of an NCT group, if someone was local it would be a bonus smile

DaveMccave Sun 03-Feb-13 22:51:11

christelle I also have the angel sounds doppler, found hb at 8 weeks and a few times since then. DP has since researched possible effects if ultra sound waves (possible distress to the baby mostly) and that concerns him a lot so have stopped using it sad Worth reading about it and seeing what you think because its pointless swapping anxiety for guilt!

rugs congrats on the bed nest bargain. I was admiring them but we've decided to convert a cotbed to a bedside cot instead so it lasts longer and I plan on co sleeping till finishing breastfeeding. If anyone wants the tutorial link give us a shout.

DaveMccave Sun 03-Feb-13 22:51:43

Sorry found heartbeat at 9 weeks! Not 8.

blondecat Mon 04-Feb-13 06:42:31

Snow snow snow

We are covered by a white blanket of the white stuff this morning. It's very pretty but doesn't bode well for my trip to the doctor's

Doppler ladies, I am still waiting for mine but wondered - do you have any tips on how to use it? I will try to check the ultrasound research but I guess I will use it. Distressed mummy is not good either and I have been bleeding or spotting non stop for almost 3 weeks now. Can't go to the doctor every time I bleed as I would be there all the time.
hmm
It's so tough. Every time it slows down and stops for half a day I begin to hope that this is it. It will be over for the rest of the pregnancy. And then it starts russet brown again and I know it's fresher and my heart sinks. I dread going to the loo afraid what I will see and then the whole cycle starts again. And again.
DH has been incredible so far but it's tough on him. I am snappy. And he is more tired than I have ever seen him. He tells me he doesn't worry but i know he does. The tiredness is a giveaway. Add to this no intimacy and I don't know how we will get through this.

I'd better go and get ready to fight for my anti D shot. Ignorant doctor says I don't need one contrary to every guideline and medical journal
I read. I will be biting my tongue not to threaten lawsuits

Have a great day everyone
13+3

ScubaSarah Mon 04-Feb-13 07:22:30

blonde good luck with the fight and hope the bleeding stops soon thanks

I'm in a proper grump today, my tights don't fit any more so I have hideous VPL under my dress and hairy legs so can't just take them off. Which is worse? They dig in too; may have to buy new ones for fat girls at Paddington when I get there and hope they do better :-( Just bought some Emma-Jane maternity tights but I won't get them til Wed and NO trousers fit sad
I know there are people with much worse going on, so I apologise for being a whining bee-yatch but the 5:30 alarm, no time to change to less clingy dress and general dig-in-ie-ness has me in a right grump sad
14+6

Yvonney Mon 04-Feb-13 08:28:40

Blonde - aw hope the bleeding settles down soon x
Scuba - hope no one notices ur vpl and you get ur comfy tights soon! wink
I'm 11 weeks today, I can now say "my scan is next week"!!!! hurray grin
Have a good day everyone x

JollyRedGiant Mon 04-Feb-13 09:16:06

My scan is Friday. Last pg I was so much less worried about the scan than this time. Don't know if it's because there are so many sad stories floating round mn which I just wasn't aware of last pg or if I'm just generally more stressed and less excited this time.

DS is ill off nursery today so I can't even escape to work and forget about things. At least I have now planned how to go about telling my family. DH can worry about telling his family. Things seem a bit more tangible now I can imagine going to the scan and telling folk.

I have two jobs. One of my bosses knows already but I still need to tell all my colleagues And my other boss. Don't know how to tell my other boss. Due to circumstances it could make things quite difficult. Not that he's nasty in any way, quite the opposite.

Lots of snow here today too.

JollyRedGiant Mon 04-Feb-13 09:16:27

11+3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now