Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Graduated elderberries

(1000 Posts)
janey1234 Tue 08-Jan-13 21:24:59

Hello all..,
Let's clog up a brand spanking new club over here smile

(By hello all, I guess I mean hello hazle. Hopefully the others will join us soon...)

HazleNutt Fri 01-Mar-13 19:14:10

I'm 24 weeks and while I've been shopping for baby clothes and stuff (bought one of those slings today. DH tried it out with a cat instead of baby. Cat was not amused), I still find it difficult to imagine that in just a few months, there will be another human living with us.

Umm the random crying? Just to warn you, that doesn't seem to go away...I used to get called the ice queen but now I'm often a blubbering emotional wreck. It's very annoying.

I'm laughing at the idea of a cat in a sling Hazle. My two seem very fond of the pram, I keep turfing them out of it but seems like every time I turn my back one of them sneaks in it for a nap!

Rache1S Fri 01-Mar-13 20:11:22

I haven't been particularly emotional at all since getting PG. I have had a few uncharacteristic incidents where I could have shed a tear over slightly odd things but on the whole I have been pretty normal. I think I am an oddball though as most other PG women have told me they have cried at TV ads etc.

I have wanted to murder DH for no apparent reason on several occasions though.

I like the idea of the cat in the baby sling Hazle. I can just imagine the cat's unimpressed reaction. smile

I popped to Tesco tonight, slipped, and accidentally bought some Belgian chocolate cheesecake. blush
And some dummies. blush
I don't even think I want use a dummy, but the thought of not having any makes me nervous just in case I end up in a situation where our newborn has been screaming for 4 solid hours in the middle of the night. I feel slightly better that I now have some swaddles and dummies in the ammo box.

Oh I'm not THAT bad Rach I don't cry at totally random shit but I've gone from crying sort of once very 5 years to twice a week but never at adverts, I still have SOME dignity! My years are usually aimed at my useless OH.

Can't stop giggling at the image of what my kitten would look like In a baby sling, really has brightened my night up

Rache1S Fri 01-Mar-13 20:31:46

My usually level headed Sis cried at the opening ceremony of London 2012. grin blush Now that is crazy hormones!

If it gets that bad, arrange to have me shot, okay?

Rache1S Fri 01-Mar-13 20:39:52

Will do! grin

I'm only guessing because it hasn't happened to me yet, but I would imagine you must be crying and laughing at the same time at the ridiculousness of what you're crying at.

HazleNutt Fri 01-Mar-13 20:42:57

Well let's just say DH has some scratches on his stomach after the experience..

As for emotions, I'm not crying, but I have found some random everyday situations suddenly extremely irritating and annoying. As there has been several similar ones and I have not found any reasons why I'm suddenly annoyed, I have to blame the hormones.

Training day tomorrow, for some of the fitness classes I teach, will get the new releases. Several hours of sports, will be interesting.

Yes it starts off as irritation, mostly at OH being an unhelpful knob, I start very rationally and calmly telling him what a knob he is...and them promptly burst into tears. It makes it rather difficult to have a reasoned argument discussion with someone when you end up crying so I don't think he takes me very seriously anymore. On the plus side we both do end up laughing at my ridiculousness and he says he rather likes it because it makes me seem 'more human'. I think he means this as a compliment! Still doesn't stop him being a knob though, mores the pity.

Thankfully although the rest of the word also irritates me I haven't yet been reduced to tears by anyone else, I couldn't cope with the shame!

MotherOfCleo Fri 01-Mar-13 21:30:28

purple I fliped at my oh this morning as he was being a total nob....he just laughed, not overly helpful.

Also, this is manky, but did anyone get spots a not so nice preggo symptom? I have acne on the top of my back, I never ever get bad skin, maybe one small spot a month but my back is breaking out loads and Im getting random spots in my hair....again never happened before. Trust me to get the manky things <sigh>

I haven't had many spots but I know pregnancy does mess with your skin, it has made mine more sensitive anyway, every time I go swimming now I break out in a nasty rash from all the chemicals.
Hopefully it will settle down for you, you do tend to get quite a rush of hormones at certain stages and early pregnancy you have so much going on there's no wonder it makes your body go a bit nuts!

Rache1S Fri 01-Mar-13 22:11:18

The Pregnacare Conception vitamins gave me absolutely terrible spots. I never get spots and they were everywhere... all over my forehead and in my hairline! I stopped taking them the cycle before getting PG though so I didn't get any after I got BFP and none since but that's what definitely caused mine.

My skin is majorly sensitive too - I've come out in hives today!

Those awful pregnacare tablets gave me a full on allergic reaction!

Rache1S Fri 01-Mar-13 22:30:19

I really don't know what they put in them but so many women say they have varying bad reactions to them. They also made me spot on CD10 when I was TTC and I assumed it was implantation bleeding and had a small heart attack... only for AF to turn up a few days later! It was definitely a wise move when I chucked them in the bin.

They really are a bit odd and considering they're the most expensive ones on the shelf you'd think they'd be half decent!

Rache1S Fri 01-Mar-13 22:45:21

I assume that's why they sell so many because people assume the most expensive must be the best.

MotherOfCleo Fri 01-Mar-13 23:11:41

I'm taking immuncare at the mo as it has extra vitamin d3 (which I heard was good when ttc) but guess what just, checked and they are made by vitabiotics who also make pregnacare......shall be moving to a new brand me thinks hmm

Cavort Sat 02-Mar-13 09:06:52

Good Morning.... it is I.... Rach <raises fake glasses and pulls down fake beard in order to be recognised>

I was speaking to a friend last night who is just starting to TTC and she hinted that she has started coming on MN, so I thought it wise to become a bit more anonymous in case we awkwardly cross paths while talking about something highly personal. I love my friends but I am not that interested in knowing the consistency of their CM!

I have been jokingly blaming DH for my rubbish nights sleeps but he was away last night and I had the worst night ever. I think I am just doomed not to have a full nights sleep for the next 5 years <props eye bags up with matchsticks> sad

On an even more disturbing note, you were in my dream last night Purple. blush
We were having a pram race through FAO Schwarz in NY and you won. I was gutted.

Good morning!

I'm off to see my wedding dress today with my sister. And will be mentioning that she'll be becoming an auntie! Über excited

MotherOfCleo Sat 02-Mar-13 09:16:41

hi cavort good work on the name.

I also had the worst nights sleep, up with, how did you put it? Ahh yes 'the ring of fire' then up again to pee and wide awake ay frickin' 5am...wtf! obv having the best to myself isnt a good thing.

Caved and did a test this morning, doesnt really count as fmu as I was up at 4am hmm but the line is defo darker than the one on Wednesday, still not as dark as the control line, but darker than before will do for now grin

MotherOfCleo Sat 02-Mar-13 09:17:55

ohhh exciting fairy!!!!! I shall be doing diy....not as exciting as your day in any way shape or form....doh.

Mother I think you need a wee sleep today - you must be knackered!

Good news about the darkening lines smile

Cavort Sat 02-Mar-13 09:29:07

Yay for the darker line Mother grin

I think you are particularly unlucky getting any symptoms at all this early, but everyone says symptoms are a good sign that HCG levels are rising and everything is progressing nicely, which is hopefully some comfort at 3am.

What an exciting day you have Fairy. How do you think your Sister will react?

Hoping she'll be excited! Bit nervous tho

MotherOfCleo Sat 02-Mar-13 09:53:52

meant bed not best doh.....must be overtired. I may have been moee aware of it as I was awake. My OH was meant to land in canada at 1.30am so I didnt sleep well till I heard from him.
The dodgy tum is starting to make sense, turns out the vits I'm taking have mild laxatives in them to counteract some of the vits which can constipate.....oh how kind of them. Shall be switching to new vits today.

This thread is not accepting new messages.