Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Graduated elderberries

(1000 Posts)
janey1234 Tue 08-Jan-13 21:24:59

Hello all..,
Let's clog up a brand spanking new club over here smile

(By hello all, I guess I mean hello hazle. Hopefully the others will join us soon...)

BraveLilBear Thu 24-Jan-13 17:25:28

Hellooooooo! Anybody home? wink grin

Janey sent me!

I went missing, but am back! I missed you all but have been so poorly I couldn't even switch my computer on at home (long, gross story so will try to restrain myself).

Short version is, 14+3 according to scan dates (6 days ahead of MY dates), virtually bump free (tho my entire lower abdomen sort of sticks out by a half an inch in a rather elegant and amusingly invisibump way) - and can't wait to read back how everyone's doing grin

janey1234 Thu 24-Jan-13 17:27:47

Hey brave you found us!

purple - CONGRATS! It's just lovely hearing the heartbeat isn't it smile Can't believe that I'm the only one getting weighed - am I to take it personally?!

brave - have managed to avoid googling the issue you mentioned on the other thread, should I continue to do so?!

Hey there, hope you're feeling better Bear, welcome back.

BraveLilBear Thu 24-Jan-13 17:49:35

<waves> I am feeling a lot better thanks, still half a stone down on pre-pregnancy weight and morning sickness/late night acid sickness seems to have returned... but on the whole, a lot better!

Janey ummm huge abscess (size of 'tangerine') next to my a-hole (@9 o'clock). Surgeon looked horrified and apparently is fairly common among younger people. Pregnancy major risk factor. Had dressings changed daily for nearly four weeks, but just being checked once a week now.

Genuinely lost count of number of health professionals who have seen my unmentionables since December 12! The first casualty of pregnancy is dignity grin

Oh no! That sounds terrible you poor thing! I'm glad you're doing a bit better but it sounds like you've had a rotten time, if you need moral support you're in the right place though.

Rache1S Thu 24-Jan-13 19:20:56

OMG Brave welcome back and OUCH!!! shock

Great news about your scan Purple. It seems that all the Elderberry bubbas are cooking nicely grin

HazleNutt Thu 24-Jan-13 19:35:36

Congrats Purple, so nice to hear everything is ok!

And OUCH indeed Brave!

Rache1S Fri 25-Jan-13 13:02:49

Thank Crunchie it's Friday!

I have not felt baby move for a day or so... is almost as bad for paranoia as trying to find the heartbeat! confused I know it's early days so I will try not to get in a flap about it although probably still will.

janey1234 Fri 25-Jan-13 13:22:27

rache am sure all is fine, truly. I'm sure it's just that the sensations are (apparently) so slight at this stage, and there's room for her to move around. Am sure it is all fine... smile

Now, I have to tell you (odd as this is) that I dreamt about you last night. You decided (against the advice of us other elderberries) to put a video on youtube of you trying to make your bump look bigger, for us all to assess how pregnant you looked. So basically it was you, without your head in view, trying to stick your tummy out whilst (strangely) singing songs from Disney films. Because it was so peculiar it became a worldwide internet sensation, and you had to go into hiding (and leave this thread!!) because you were so embarrassed about your singing (sorry to be rude, but I'm afraid it wasn't great).

Who says being knocked up gives you weird, vivid dreams?!

Rache1S Fri 25-Jan-13 13:35:33

Dammit Janey, you've rumbled me, you must be psychic! I was just filming my Youtube video this morning on my mobile, wearing a bikini rolling in the snow and fully intend it to rival Gangnam Style with the number of hits grin ..... I really don't think the world is ready for my singing!

I have also been having some strange dreams. I've had a few dreams about an ex - not about doing anything sexual with him but just about us doing boring mundane things together. I find this absolutely bizarre as I don't have much to do with him any more and it makes me feel like I am doing the dirty on DH. serves him right for going on holiday without me that I am involuntarily dreaming of grocery shopping with an ex. Who knows how our baby brains work??

HazleNutt Fri 25-Jan-13 13:59:41

Rach I'm sure it's fine and it's actually jumping around - when you saw the scan, it probably was and you still didn't feel anything, right?

I haven't had any dreams, but DH keeps dreaming that he takes the dogs out and then simply forgets them somewhere. Probably read some stories how young parents forget their babies in the supermarket the first time they go out.

Rache1S Fri 25-Jan-13 14:10:06

Yes I keep reminding myself that Hazle. She looked like she was giving me a battering at the scan and I couldn't feel a thing.

HazleNutt Fri 25-Jan-13 14:18:17

Oh I think we found a new car for DH, have asked the garage to make an offer for DH's current one. Fx it's reasonable enough.

BraveLilBear Fri 25-Jan-13 14:58:51

Thanks all for sympathy. So wish I had the energy to get on here for moral support at the time but honestly, I was pathetic. Almost feel normal now, well, pregnant normal at least!

Awesome news on heartbeat purple (missed that bit before) and, I'm sure all is fine Rache I think they only recommend you start monitoring kicks etc after 24 weeks, maybe later... Do you feel ok in yourself, any other weird feelings or symptoms? If not, then I'm sure all is ok.

Plus 1 on the weird dreams - seemingly every night now. Vivid, mental, make no sense, inappropriate. I also like to couple these with night sweats. Niiiice smile

And as for baby brain, I've lost my notepad at least three times this morning at work, and keep forgetting names (normally I'm awesome).

Rache1S Fri 25-Jan-13 18:19:27

I feel absolutely fine Brave. I am just a drama queen. If I'd had your little problem I would of been every variety of pathetic hysterical dickhead. DH will find this out the hard way at the birth grin

That's good news on the car Hazle. I hope you get a decent offer for the old one. I was under the impression DH had conceded to swap his for a 4x4 but based on him then buying expensive winter tyres for his current one I'm not convinced he's going to.

HazleNutt Sat 26-Jan-13 08:31:11

You know girls, I'm getting a bit worried. What if we made the wrong decision, to have children? We have a nice, comfortable life and this will now change drastically. What if we regret it? What if I'm a horrible mum who can't really stand her DC?
And is it normal to have thoughts like this?

janey1234 Sat 26-Jan-13 08:43:06

Perfectly normal I think hazle. It's all stating to hit home now I think...

I've always always wanted children, but every now and again I find myself panicking about how tired I'm going to be, or that I've said goodbye to my brilliant social life forever... But of course I wouldn't change things for anything.

I think it's just we've made a life changing decision, and you're bound to get jitters about that? But really, do you know anyone who has regretted having children? Certainly everyone I know says it's life changing, but in a good way, and they wouldn't go back in time for the world.

Of course it's sad and scary to say goodbye to your old life though.

janey1234 Sat 26-Jan-13 08:43:53

Oh and you won't be a horrible mum and you will adore your children. Think it's just the way it works!x

Rache1S Sat 26-Jan-13 10:30:10

I tend to over-think everything (you may have noticed this wink ) and I thought long and hard about the things you mention before deciding to TTC. There's no denying DH and I have a very good lifestyle at present and I was/am worried about losing that, but in the end (and like Janey said,) I had to listen to all the parents out there who say it's the best thing you'll ever do and won't regret it for a second. I was talking to someone last week (surprisingly a man) who said the love you immediately have for your children is like nothing you've ever experienced before. And we're about to find out as it's a bit late now to change our minds grin

My more pressing worry at the moment is that DH is on his way from the airport and says he wants to put another baby in me when he gets home shock grin

HazleNutt Sat 26-Jan-13 10:48:45

I know, it's silly to worry now and I don't see any reasons why we should not be able to cope just fine. I guess I'm just practicing for the lifetime of worry to follow smile

Oh thank god Hazle, I thought it was just me!

My house is chaos, I've got two big crazy dogs, two cats and a messy useless OH that I run around after constantly cleaning and tidying and the house is still always a tip. I keep stopping and looking around me and thinking, was this really a good idea? Do I really need someone else to look after when I already can't cope...

Rache1S Sun 27-Jan-13 17:42:42

Just back from The Trafford Centre and I've been on pram watch all afternoon. The Uppababy Vista which I thought I had decided on looks really wide and bulky when you see people pushing them around so I'm undecided again now. confused So we went back in John Lewis and pushed a few around and I quite like the (more compact) Silver Cross Surf... but the shopping basket is tiny. What do people actually put in the shopping basket? Most people in The Trafford Centre today had their changing bag draped around the handle and the basket empty. I suppose it's handy if you pop to the supermarket as you wouldn't need a basket but I can't really see me doing much of that. Having never had a baby before maybe I'm being naive but is basket size important?

HazleNutt Sun 27-Jan-13 18:01:42

purple well if it's already a chaos then a bit more won't matter, right? grin

Rach I can only guess but the basket is probably important if you're more likely to walk everywhere, so wouldn't have to carry all the heavy stuff you might take with or bring back. If you have a car and would rather drive to do any shopping, probably not so important. As we would drive, haven't really paid much attention to the baskets myself.

We went to the local flea market today, got a brand new baby monitor and a bundle of newborn clothes. (and couldn't resist a cute dress, just in case..)

Rache1S Sun 27-Jan-13 18:32:19

Hazle I plan to do quite a bit of walking but mainly for pleasure rather than necessity so maybe I don't need to worry about baskets.

It sound like you've picked up some bargains and FX you get the right result for the dress. grin I will keep my eyes peeled for any happening local to me as it sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to start shopping but we need to get some new Ikea storage furniture in the baby's room first so we've got somewhere to put everything. DH's Sister had a baby girl last August so I'm kinda hoping there will be some hand-me-downs coming our way as she's adamant it's her last smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.