Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2013- boys , girls or the unknown? Over half way there!

(994 Posts)
scooby26 Sun 06-Jan-13 18:55:09

Hi all, new had for may 2013!

Bunnychan Sun 10-Feb-13 22:26:24

Sorry for the TMI, but is anyone else's breast leaking? I've had a few marks in my bra for the last couple of weeks but tonight my breasts are soaking my nighty! I'm only 25+3! It seems a lot for this early x

milkandribena Sun 10-Feb-13 22:43:49

Trying to catch up after days away and I didn't get further than your wonderful news 10 congratulations to you both :D

berri Mon 11-Feb-13 01:21:28

Oh gosh clueless do take good care of yourself - kidney infections are the worst. Hope you're feeling better soon, and no guilt about work!!

MaybeAMayBaby Mon 11-Feb-13 07:04:05

bunny yes at the breast leaking! I had it this early last time. I've been leaking for at least two weeks and only 26 weeks today. Least they're working, ey?

clueless- no work! A lot of people end up in hospital with kidney infections. In fact, I thought it was standard when pregnant.

Hope you're both well this morning, 10.

babygeek Mon 11-Feb-13 07:33:39

Clueless take care with the kidney infection. I've had one before and it was horrible! thanks
Our boiler decided to stop working last nightconfused had to wear jumpers and beanie to bed and quite stressful with DP still at PIL. I rang British Gas and they are coming some time today, do I count as a "vulnerable person" though? It's one of the questions they ask and presumably the repair person comes a lot quicker if so. I said no but maybe I should have mentioned that I was 6 months pregnant. Damn! I certainly feel a bit vulnerable hmm Time for a big cup of tea to warm/cheer me up.

10storeylovesong Mon 11-Feb-13 07:58:12

clueless def take care of yourself. I had a kidney infection last year and ignored if and went back to work and ended up very ill.

And babygeek I would have played the pregnancy card I think - its worth a try!

Thanks so much for everyone's support - feels nice to know there's so many good thoughts out there for us. I feel a bit of a fraud still on this board now but not sure where else to go and want to see how you lovely ladies get on!

I'm feeling ok at the minute. Was very up and down yesterday - think a mixture of hormones, tiredness and the realism of the long road ahead kicked in. Plus dh started with a cold and was sent home early to rest to try and stop it in tracks. I've got a private room now which is much better, and managed a good sleep last night, only waking up once to express for him - wanted to do it a few times so can't believe I actually slept so well.

10storeylovesong Mon 11-Feb-13 09:10:58

My clever little boy is off the ventilator and breathing for himself with a little assurance from the CPAP. I'm so proud I feel I could burst!

shelly81 Mon 11-Feb-13 09:15:00

Yeyyyyyy well done baby seb you clever boy ... So happy for you 10 ...... And please don't feel like a fraud being here we wouldn't want you anywhere else xx

Wirrawoo Mon 11-Feb-13 09:15:37

Yay!!!!! What a strong little fellow! You must be so relieved. Take care of yourself and rest as much as you can in there. You need a bit of nurturing right now too brew

clueless def NO work! Rest up, kidney infections are horrible. People often feel guilty about taking time off work but the reality is it will still be there once you are better, but you and your baby's health are top priority. Hope you feel better soon x

Rhienne Mon 11-Feb-13 09:16:47

That's awesome 10! Great to hear he's doing so well. smile

Stay here with us as long as you want! It's fabulous hearing about Sebastian. Keeps those of us still moaning about our aches and pains focused on why we're doing this. (Maybe you can dip a finger in some other postnatal thread, but come back and keep us updated!).

WildeRumpus Mon 11-Feb-13 09:28:16

10 that is brilliant news smile aw! And of course you should stay on this thread.

clueless look after you first, others will help out at work.

Is anyone else getting some real whacks now?! I dont remember this from ds at all but is like having a bag of kittens in there sometimes! smile

ng1412 Mon 11-Feb-13 09:39:53

Wow 10 that is fantastic news, your little one is a true fighter! Are you able to hold him yet?

And yes, stay here as long as you can, I love hearing your updates.

I am feeling dreadful and fat, no sleep and aching back plus a very lively DD who is with me all of the time as the French system has been so slow to allow us to send her to crèche. I am on my knees most days, DH is doing his bit but is at work of course so I am home alone. Sometimes I wish I was back home in the UK surrounded by family and friends!

Wilde I was getting real whacks last week but baby seems to have settled down a bit and also moved positions I think although at the scan last week he/she was still in the breach position.

Do you feel like the baby has changed positions?

LittleSpade Mon 11-Feb-13 10:36:16

Many congratulations on the safe arrival of Sebastian 10 and wow so impressive that he's off the ventilator already! You must be so happy and relieved grin Take care of yourself too.

I saw the physio about my hip pain last week - it has been diagnosed as PGP. She was very good, she manipulated my pelvis hip to try and start to get it realigned. She also gave me some tubigrip for support when walking, doing housework or going on long car journeys which seems to be helping. Apparently the problem has been caused by my stomach muscles becoming too weak to support baby, the weight of which has now pulled my pelvis out of line so i've been given pelvic floor and stomach mucles to do to try to improve it before my next appointment.

Really not enjoying seeing more snow falling right now though as if i have to walk on snow it'll make it worse again.

Had a very productive weekend sorting out stuff and finding it all a new home whilst DH started decorating the nursery which looks so lovely. It feels oddly grown up having a nursery in our house - DH laughed and said surely having a baby should make me feel more grown up than having a nursery. But does anyone else know what i mean?

Also been feeling really dizzy and light-headed the last few days. Not just after doing stuff but also after just sitting at the computer eating my breakfast so presumably not blood sugar related. Anyone any ideas as it's worrying me a bit?

SevenReasonsToSmile Mon 11-Feb-13 10:47:27

10 that's wonderful news, so pleased to hear how well he's doing, he's certainly a little fighter. You're one of us, stay as long as you like. On my antenatal thread with DD one lady had her baby at 26 weeks, she didnt post again. It was a shame and I still wonder about her and her DS.

clueless hope you're taking it easy and not worrying about work.

little could be low blood pressure possibly? Sorry to hear about the PGP, hope the exercises help.

beaver33 Mon 11-Feb-13 11:28:58

oh 10 (and Sebastian - he can join the thread now too) - am so, so delighted for you all. Yes, there's a long road ahead but you've both started off in good shape so it sounds like it'll be more something to endure than something which will bring more trials. Am sure you'll have lots of very different worries now that he's born, but it must make such a difference to you that he's here and that he's healthy and that you don't have to worry that he'll make it at all.

I sneaked a look at MN yesterday while I was on the loo (!) as had a busy day and wanted to see how you were getting on, but didn't have time to reply. Since then I've been thinking of you lots. You MUST stay on this thread and not think of yourself as a fraud - you're one of us May ladies regardless of you trumping the competition and sneaking in there early.

I was actually thinking the other day what we'll do once everyone's DCs are out. Are there postnatal threads? I've found this forum so useful as it's my first and I'd love to keep it going later if possible...

ng yep, my little one has been changing positions. My bump looks a different shape now - it's lower, and the kicks are now in a different direction so I think DD has shifted around a bit. As far as I know, that's totally normal and they could be doing spin classes in there and it would all still be fine.

Been having the worst nightmares of my life recently - anyone else? Woke up soaked through with sweat and weeping at 5am the other night because I dreamed DH had decided to leave me. Total pregnancy paranoia. Poor man spent the last few days reminding me how much he loves me and how he's going nowhere.

Yesterday was our 13 year anniversary (although only married 8 months) and I got the full breakfast in bed treatment with a beautifully hand written card that made me melt.

Think I'm going a bit schizo. hmm

27 weeks today!

SevenReasonsToSmile Mon 11-Feb-13 13:03:59

beaver yes there is a post-natal section on here too, once we've all popped we'll just carry on chatting over there instead, the only difference is we'll be talking about sick and baby poo! I think with the nightmares it's most likely anxiety related about the responsibility of having a baby, I haven't had any this time but suffered loads with the other two. And 13 years is amazing, we'll have been together 10 next January smile.

Is anyone doing anything crafty for their LO? I'm knitting a blanket, though I've only done 4 out of 49 squares, really need to get on with it!

frankienoodles Mon 11-Feb-13 13:23:17

So amazing to hear that 10 has had her baby! Sebastian looks so cute! I'm sure he will continue to thrive, so funny to hear about him trying to battle to breathe alone, like he says "stop fussing!" Well done 10 look after yourself and your new family xxx

No leaky boobies here yet at 26+2, it will be a novelty for me as a newbie if anything does make an appearance!

Plenty of horrible nightmares though! Including one vivid dream of my MIL stealing baby in hospital! Am I a walking cliche or what?!? She has been getting overly grabby recently but I think my subconscious is overreacting just a little!

Went to 25 week check on Thursday with midwife and she spotted a little sugar in my wee, she said it's prob just my cherrios that I grabbed before the appt but it still worried me and I'm trying to eat less sugary carby stuff now (difficult!) No family history of diabetes and not overweight so I'm hoping for the best!

Xxx

Wirrawoo Mon 11-Feb-13 14:06:19

Hey snap seven am attempting to knit buggy blanket too. Made the same design already for some friends of mine when they had twins last year, but now that we have a cat I can't leave the wool out which makes for v slow progress as I sort of forget about it. Only on the second line of squares and have loooooaaads more to do! It's a lovely Debbie Bliss design but is using intarsia method so have 5 balls of wool on the go at any one time... Am constantly untangling them from each other and the cat! confused Had grand plans to knit cardigans too but not sure if it's going to happen! At a gig in Arundel in Sussex I bought 2 gorgeous knitted cardigans from a stall at a fete that were £3 and £5 despite being beautiful quality wool. Felt a bit silly at the time as I was only about 16 weeks but now am wishing I'd got more!!!

MaybeAMayBaby Mon 11-Feb-13 16:45:03

Oh 10 what amazing news! No wonder you are proud. That's bloody brilliant! So happy for you. And don't go anywhere!! We want to hear all about you and little Seb.
noodles I'm sure the sugar in wee was fine. It's completely normal in pregnancy to spill some (your kidneys normally would keep hold of it all). I know a couple of preg ladies in the past that have had this and asked me abou it (being diabetic) and none of them developed GD.

My DH spent all day yesterday doing jobs around the house and cleaning! Anyone who knows him knows what an event this is! I am over the moon and he is shattered. Got back from work and he's gone to bed grin.

dottypyjamas Mon 11-Feb-13 16:56:49

Wow I really should try to keep up more - congrats 10 and baby Seb! Hope everyone's doing ok, I think I'm a little behind (24+5) so some of you must be third trimester by now!

I was struggling with my back and hips but my lovely midwife referred me to antenatal physio classes (basically Pilates) and its working a treat, so very happy atm smile

I'm not v crafty but my mum has dug out her knitting needles and is knitting a wee cardy, so lovely of her! We've started buying things when we see them now - got a bargain pram (m+p pliko pramette) for 35 pounds from a friend, all helps the budget...

dottypyjamas Mon 11-Feb-13 16:57:18

Wow I really should try to keep up more - congrats 10 and baby Seb! Hope everyone's doing ok, I think I'm a little behind (24+5) so some of you must be third trimester by now!

I was struggling with my back and hips but my lovely midwife referred me to antenatal physio classes (basically Pilates) and its working a treat, so very happy atm smile

I'm not v crafty but my mum has dug out her knitting needles and is knitting a wee cardy, so lovely of her! We've started buying things when we see them now - got a bargain pram (m+p pliko pramette) for 35 pounds from a friend, all helps the budget...

SevenReasonsToSmile Mon 11-Feb-13 17:39:33

dotty I'm 24+3 so you're not alone at the back. Glad the physio is helping smile.

wirra those cardies are a bargain! I've still got a couple of DDs hand-knitted ones, though I'm a firm believer a newborn can never have too many! I was hoping to do a couple more too but don't think I'll get time. I have a lovely blanket I knitted for DD I can use if I don't get it finished but I really wanted them to just each have their own, daft I know!

Btw I updated the stats yesterday with the sexes of the babies we know about, added baby Seb (which was very bizarre) and got rid of a couple of people who mc'd that I'd read on the old threads. Anyway I noticed there are a few people not on there, if anyone isn't and wants to be go and pop yourself on there. If you can't find it let me know and I'll link as its still on my threads I'm on.

aberjen Mon 11-Feb-13 19:07:16

10 what fantastic news smile

little have you been overdoing it/drinking enough/could you have a virus? Reason I ask is that I had dizziness off and on last Thursday and Friday, including after eating. Happened to coincide with my 25 wk GP appointment, so asked the doc about it. She asked me whether I'd been drinking enough, and also said it could be that I'd picked up some sort of virus. Blood pressure and wee were normal I'm sure you needed to hear that! Her advice was to rest up, drink plenty, keep an eye on it and if it got worse or I got new symptoms, then I should go back to the Drs. So maybe worth seeing your GP just be on the safe side?

In my case, I'd had a very busy week (travelling for work and then at a funeral) and although I made sure to eat regularly, I probably hadn't drunk enough. And I then woke up with a cold on Saturday. Feeling fine now after resting and hydrating.

Dunno if that helps, but just thought I'd let you know smile

berri Mon 11-Feb-13 19:52:58

10 that's fantastic, so soon! He was obviously just ready to be on this side grin

babygeek Mon 11-Feb-13 20:01:26

10 that's such great news about Seb, please keep us updated on all your news. Hope you get to have lots of cuddles very soon. smile

Whoever mentioned that their baby felt like a bag of kittens made me giggle. I don't quite have the same sensation but I do wonder what on earth she is up to in there sometimes. Hopefully having some lovely dreams. The little kicks and punches are definitely getting stronger and moving to different locations now.

Boiler repair person came over, spent 3 hours fixing the boiler. Half hour after they left it had stopped working again! confused Can't get another appt till Wednesday so (after mini-breakdown) I have deserted the house and catching train back up to PIL where DP is and also nice warm shower and bed. I have to go to Glasgow tomorrow for work and its on the way so all good! And there are cuddles and cream eggs waiting for me on my arrival! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now