Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013- boys , girls or the unknown? Over half way there!

(994 Posts)
scooby26 Sun 06-Jan-13 18:55:09

Hi all, new had for may 2013!

Sisi8 Sun 10-Feb-13 08:26:27

.. wow what a 24 hours you have had! Many many congratulations to you and your family 10... Take good care and we are all wishing Sebastian speedy growth!

SevenReasonsToSmile Sun 10-Feb-13 09:08:38

Wow huge congratulations 10 and family, so pleased to hear he arrived safe and is doing well. I'll add him to the stats thread tonight if that's ok with you, I'm sure you've got better things to do and more important things to worry about.

Can't believe we need a births section on the stats already!

Hope everyone else is doing ok and having a good weekend smile.

Wirrawoo Sun 10-Feb-13 09:17:00

Oh 10 Am so happy for you that Sebastian is here safely xxx was thinking of you all of yesterday, logged on to check how things were going and can't believe the first May baby is here! You have been amazing and strong, well done you brave Mummy smile so good that he had the steroid injections already, as Beaver says the force is strong with him and you!
Many many many congratulations (and well done for having that hospital bag packed. Am inspired to go buy granny pants in preparation now) big virtual hugs thanks thanks thanks

Bunnychan Sun 10-Feb-13 09:36:11

Congratulations 10! Can't believe there's a birth on the thread!! Still sending you vibes of strength; emotionally for you and physically for him. Please, please keep us updated on his progress. Well done mommy! X

TerracottaPie Sun 10-Feb-13 09:47:00

Oh 10 congratulations! thanks

Checking on the thread in the hopes of hearing you and baby were ok was the first thing I did when I woke up (took a while to get round to writing anything though!). So so pleased he's here safely. And I'm just in awe at you.

Sending much love your way x

And Sebastian is just a beautiful name smile

WildeRumpus Sun 10-Feb-13 10:24:08

Congrats to you all 10! Am so glad to know he is doing well and also good for you for asking for a room away from the others. You do need to look after yourself and actually that was a brave thing to do.

Love Sebastian as a name (not allowed it myself boo)! My son has blonde hair and blue eyes whereas me and his dad are very dark! Is funny isn't it?

Hope today goes ok for you. Eat lots and look after yourself won't you. Don't try and be strong if you don't feel like it and say hello to your little man from all of us smile x

shelly81 Sun 10-Feb-13 10:45:00

MASSIVE congratulations 10 hope you & your little one are doing good ... Like you said takeing it one day at a time is all you can do. Get lots of rest & take lots of pics ... Big hugs xxxx

tasmaniandevilchaser Sun 10-Feb-13 10:48:55

10 congrats! Such brilliant news Sebastian is doing well, he def sounds like a fighter, so pleased for you all. He is our no.1 May baby, quite a claim to fame! Sounds like you are looking after yourself, getting your own room, keep up the good work [happy]. And I love the name too.

MaybeAMayBaby Sun 10-Feb-13 11:06:02

WooHoo! Fabulous news 10! It sounds like everything went the best possible way for little Sebastian. And I LOVE the name-was on our short list for boys.
You've had such a shock and must be feeling pretty bruised over the past 24 hours. Did I read you're being moved to Alder Hay? Will that be today? I hope you get some rest and can spend the rest of the time looking at your little man. Wow at hair!

Awwww. I have a warm fuzzy feeling after reading your amazing news. Congratulations, madam. A proper hero.

cuppateaandagingersnap Sun 10-Feb-13 11:20:04

Congratulations 10 and family! Sounds like Sebastian is doing really well and 2lbs 3oz sounds like a really good weight for a 27weeker. Really love the name too.
I hope you've managed to get some rest, you've done an amazing thing, I guess the hard part starts now - motherhood! grin

Congratulations 10 you've done so amazingly. Take care of yourselves

flowers

babygeek Sun 10-Feb-13 11:34:13

Congrats 10 and family!! Made me feel quite emotional when I read your news this morning. What a journey you have been through and now you have a gorgeous, strong, healthy son. I hope you and your DH get to spend lots of time with him and he grows stronger by the day. Also, hope you get lots of good support and care from the hospital. thanks
I'm now inspired to pack my hospital bag and sort out my work hand-over plan just in case!

Ellypoo Sun 10-Feb-13 13:17:50

Wow, just seen the news on fb - huge congrats 10!!!! Will read back now, hope all is ok xxxx

Ellypoo Sun 10-Feb-13 13:45:24

10 it sounds like Sebastian is doing really well and is a strong little boy - love his name, and 2lb 3oz is a fab weight!!
Well done, rest when you can and take loads of pics, I'm sure these days will be a bit of a blur.
Well done for getting moved - there is nothing worse than hearing other babies crying when yours isn't with you.
Thinking of you all so much and sending huge hugs and best wishes to you all.
You will be holding Sebastian in your arms before you know it xxx

wrigglerchick Sun 10-Feb-13 15:23:50

Congrats 10, hope Sebastian is doing well today, what a little fighter! Hope you're getting some rest too and are recovering ok x

10 Congratulations.Love his name and super impressive weight for 28 weeks.Sounds like a lovely strong lil boy can't believe he pretty much wanted to decline the aid for breathing smile

jenpenod Sun 10-Feb-13 15:40:25

Congratulations 10!!! Just caught up on the last few days of posts in one go and I had tears in my eyes by the end of it. So so pleased to hear about Sebatian's arrival....he sounds so gorgeous! Well done - you've handled everything in such an amazing way, I'm in awe.

roastpotatoes Sun 10-Feb-13 17:04:56

Congratulations 10!!! It sounds as though you are doing BRILLIANTLY! Well done for getting some rest. I hope that Sebastian goes from strength to strength and that you feel stronger and more confident each day. I hope that things have gone well today and that you have managed to spend some special time with little Sebastian.

lollypopsicle Sun 10-Feb-13 17:15:03

congratulations to mummy and daddy 10 grin and well done baby Sebastian for being such a star. like jen I've just caught up on the last few days- what an emotional rollercoaster!
wishing good health for the 3 of you in the coming weeks x

Zorra Sun 10-Feb-13 18:21:12

Congrats 10 and Sebastian, I was thinking about you over the weekend, wishing you all the best thanks

PandaOnAPushBike Sun 10-Feb-13 18:37:38

Congratulations. And wow. Just wow. shock

CluelessNewbie1 Sun 10-Feb-13 19:29:46

Congratulations 10 the first appearance of our May club. I hope you are all doing well and that you are being suitably fussed over.

I'm feeling sorry for myself - spent last night writhing in pain (supposed to be at a family celebration) followed by trip to A and E and diagnosed with a kidney infection. Seriously bloody painful! Now I feel very guilty taking a couple of days off work but I feel so scared that the pains will come back if I go back to work before I've finished the anti-biotics and I have a two hour commute each way and would be trapped at work!

Bunnychan Sun 10-Feb-13 19:50:57

clueless don't feel guilty! Kidney infections can knock you around at the best of times! It can even make people temporarily lose their marbles- honestly! You need to rest and get over it, forget about work and think of u and yours x

SeaSalt1 Sun 10-Feb-13 20:14:15

OMG! I turn my back for a second and one of you has a baby!! Huge congratulations 10, I am so happy he and you are both doing well, what a lovely outcome. Be very gentle on yourself for the next few days, the shock may come out as things calm down and you'll need to rest and let others look after you - no need to be super mum just yet. So happy for you, it's wonderful news!

All ok here. Just arrived in Australia for a two week holiday / family wedding. Will write a longer update soon but this doesn't seem the moment after 10's big news!

Clueless so sorry to hear about your kidney infection, that must be very painful, I hope you feel better soon. Definitely don't feel guilty about taking time off work, the most important thing is that you have time to recover.

tasmaniandevilchaser Sun 10-Feb-13 20:22:54

hi all

10 hope you're doing ok and getting enough rest, my DH has been asking about you and Sebastian, you have many well wishers!

clueless I wouldn't be feeling guilty AT ALL, kidney infections are nasty, forget about work right now! Rest up, that's an order! wink

hope everyone else is ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now