Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2013- boys , girls or the unknown? Over half way there!

(994 Posts)
scooby26 Sun 06-Jan-13 18:55:09

Hi all, new had for may 2013!

Ellypoo Mon 07-Jan-13 14:26:36

I bought some tiny baby vests & sleepsuits this weekend - figured that the baby is going to be early (36 weeks latest), so it isn't going to be huge! Only bought 5 vests & 3 sleepsuits for now, but may get more later on. Want to get a new pram/travel system too, but definitely not going to get that until the baby is safely here.

Good luck for your scan beaver.

Hope you are doing ok 10, have you decided what to do about work or are you just going to see how you get on?

I am going to work out later on how to use up my leave - am really struggling already, doesn't bode well for the next few months!!!

22 + 6

betsyb75 Mon 07-Jan-13 14:42:56

Hi, thanks for the new thread Scooby and thanks to eveyone who has posted lists of things to get- I feel a little panicky about all the things i need to buy, so much to think about but so exciting.

Good luck to everyone having scans x

I'm getting really obsessed with prams and pushchairs- I'm finding myself on pram websites and staring at people with prams and really wanting to talk to them about how they like them! DP says I'm verging on being a nutter pram junkie!

Just sorted my maternity leave out too, with my holidays added on, I will leave a week before Easter so 22nd March will be my last day, with a week added on at the end of my leave. I just know that it's going to whizz by so fast.

Scared!
23+0

Boodstress Mon 07-Jan-13 14:49:35

Just caught up with the new thread and the end of the last. I can't believe all the 'what we need for the baby' lists already. I still feel like there is such a long road to come before I finally get to meet this little one. 23+3 today. Maybe i need to do some thinking. As its DC3 and I have 2DSs we are keeping the sex as a surprise however it hasn't stopped me researching 'conceiving a girl' everywhere. I know lots of people who followed the Shettles method or who basically stopped any business from ovulation day onwards. Just wondered if anyone pregnant with a baby girl knows what day they conceived in they're cycle? If think I was +12 based on my LMP. I know I'm crazy and should have found out but i was determined not to. I think my hormones are sending me a bit crazy.. I also cried all weekend but I think that's January for you :-)

Thanks for starting the new thread Scooby. Had my first attack of pregnancy brain today - went into school all geared up and ready to teach, it took me 15 minutes to work out that the reason it was unusually quiet was that we're still on holiday! So back to work tomorrow then blush.

Have my scan tomorrow, then I can start thinking about the (hopefully few) things we need to get for our Belgian Bun.

22+0

Bood I conceived at least 4 days before ovulation and we are having another boy so I definitely don't believe in the shettles theory.Not that we were trying for a particular sex.Im looking forward to a ds3.

I'm have a terrible head cold.Im fed up with keep getting ill now.Also heartburn has kicked in and it just makes me feel so sick.Have thrown up twice today.Ive nothing in and no way I can venture out so I'm just drinking milk at moment so hope it helps hmm

Oops should have said dtd at least 4 days before ovulation.That makes more sense my brain isn't working

beaver33 Mon 07-Jan-13 16:02:16

Thanks for remembering, Geordie - are you today too? It's not until 6pm so DH can come.

Saw the midwife earlier today and everything is good, with a strong heartbeat of 140bpm, so fingers crossed the scan won't show up anything of concern.

Curious to know if my instinct is right - DH says boy, I say girl and in a couple of hours I'll know either way! How strange that feels, knowing this little bump will have more of an identity so soon...

Eek! x

Beaver Good luck with scan.Wonder if its another one for the pinks then to even it out smile

Boodstress Mon 07-Jan-13 16:25:31

beautician thanks for that and sorry you're feeling so rubbish. I adore my Boys so Ill be thrilled with either and wasn't trying to conceive a girl but as I know I'll never have another baby so VERY curious now.

Mamabrussels that is the funniest thing I've heard. I frequently walk out of the butchers without the meat I paid for and they all scream out the door after me in front of multiple school mums blush

10storeylovesong Mon 07-Jan-13 16:27:58

Apparently mother's instinct is right 70% of the time when guessing the sex...

Good luck at scans today.

I went into work and it was fine. The supervisor I needed to speak to isn't in until 12th but I spoke to another sgt who told me to play it day by day, so if I feel ill or bleed I can just leave work. And he gave me his mobile number so if I can't get into work I don't have to worry about phoning in and can just send a quick text when I can.

10 with previous two pregnancies I bought blue both times without finding out the sex. This time I did think girl as pregnancy is so different. However, I didn't have a strong feeling either way like before.

Your work sound great.Have you had anymore bleeding or does it seem to have settled for now.When will they check again to see if you are healed.

10 Sorry just read back and saw you have another scan on 15th.Baby brain already there really is no hope for me.

Bunnychan Mon 07-Jan-13 16:42:15

I haven't got a clue whether I'm having a boy or girl; so much for mothers instinct. Now, I'm sorry to do this on a shiny, new thread but

major tmi warning
I'm really suffering from constipation today so much it hurts! :-( been going off an on but not enough at all. I'm seeing the midwife on thurs but in the meantime, any advice?

Bunny I've been suffering with constipation this pregnancy having never previously suffered.I found drinking orange juice and eating soreen malt loaf worked for me.However, I know if nothing works to ahem get things moving then you can get lactolose from doctor

Picklep Mon 07-Jan-13 16:57:34

Bunny Me too!!! Just today and I've never suffered with it before. I called DH at work in tears it was so bad and now I have piles too. I honestly thought at one point on the loo I would need to go to hospital, because I needed to go but just couldn't. DH brought home prune juice, prunes and bran flakes aswell as pile cream and ice cream (to comfort eat!), i've had a lot of juice and a bowl of bran, have since managed to go and feel much better. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks all for the tummy time info, so grateful to hear everyone's experiences, so reassuring.

Bunnychan Mon 07-Jan-13 17:01:21

I'm glad it's not just me! I need to go but it feels like something's in the way and then my baby keeps kicking me too which is nice but isn't helping at all. I drink loads of water and I have high fibre cereal but that's not working at all x

I find sudocream gets rid of my piles straight away too blush Gosh so embarrassing.

DP is bringing home gaviscon for my heartburn bleurgh.This pregnancy is so glamourousgrin

The heartburn's kicking in for me too Beaut. Pickle & Bunny, I used to make a chocolate and prune cake for my Dad who's diabetic. It always had a laxative effect! I suppose chocolate cake is a bit more palatable than bran flakes and prune juice.

cuppateaandagingersnap Mon 07-Jan-13 17:47:51

I'm another one miserably bunged up here, I've been taking fybogel and lactulose with bran, prunes, loads of water etc and that just about lets me go but unfortunate side effect of lactulose is windblush had to make a speedy exit from a shop earlier when some particularly noxious fumes accidentally escaped blush blush

MaybeAMayBaby Mon 07-Jan-13 17:57:31

Oh, Mamma! That is so funny! Was it a training day or were there no teachers in too?

Constipation-for DD who suffered a lot over the past 3 years-I found orange juice and sugar (brown apparently works best confused) water is good. Good luck. I seem to have had the opposite the last couple of days.

geordie and beaver how have things gone?

Argh. beaver, I guess you won't know for another 10mins at least!

10 and scooby, your police officers aren't you? I vaguely remember from the first thread. That means I'm even more shocked you're doing those shifts wcooby. Have they not got you in the office like 10?

Right. I'm confused about matB1 forms. And seen as some of you are a few weeks ahead, I thought you might know. I've tried google and I'm still none the wiser!
A conversation with my boss today (and she is usually someone whose word I would take for granted) seems to think I should have my matB form at 20 weeks! She was shocked when I told her 21, and from last time I thought I remember it being 28. Anyone? I so read on my google search that I need to let them know officially when I'm going off on mat leave by 15 weeks before due date. That's in a 4 weeks then! I better make a decision. And for some of you-isn't that even sooner?

21 weeks today! Yikes. I'm having this one at 38 weeks so time is ticking. Where on earth has the time gone?

CluelessNewbie1 Mon 07-Jan-13 19:19:17

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my frustration! I had my 20 week scan today - good news is the baby is healthy (yey) bad news is he/she had legs crossed and was in a bad position for scanning his/her head so have a three week wait for another scan - which is good as I get to see him/her again but also a little frustrating as I am incredibly impatient (silly I know). MaybeAMayBaby - I got my MATB at the scan from the midwife x

shelly81 Mon 07-Jan-13 19:29:29

Yeah maybe I got mine at 20 weeks xxx :-))

I haven't had my matb1 yet.I last saw midwife at 16 weeks and won't see her again until 28 weeks.So presume ill get mine then?

Not sure what I do with it though as I'm self employed confused

aberjen Mon 07-Jan-13 19:47:09

I'm supposed to get matb1 at 25-week GP appointment, according to The Schedule. Everything seems to vary a bit betwen hospital trusts as far as I can work out.

Re: ahem, 'bathroom habits' I must have all things pregnancy related on my brain at the mo - couldn't help smiling at email from colleague with title 'Movements this week'!

Ellypoo Mon 07-Jan-13 20:08:51

maybe you get your matb1 any time after 20 wks, generally at your 24 wk MW appt. employment law has recently changed so you need to notify your employer by 15 weeks before EDD but you don't need to hand in your matb1 until at least 1 month before your SMP is due to start.
If you are self-employed, once you have your matb1 you can apply for MA so that it's all in place by the time you want it to start.

I haven't suffered too much with constipation this time thank goodness, but remember I had it terribly after my c-section last time. Apparently glucose suppositories should help if it's really bad - anything you take orally will only help from the top, rather than the bottom, iykwim!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now