Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 Thread 3 - the one where we stop throwing up!

(1000 Posts)
DontmindifIdo Thu 03-Jan-13 21:47:40

new June thread - we've been chatting too much!

redwellybluewelly Mon 07-Jan-13 14:33:49

have fun sarah I'm starting yoga again the day after my 20week scan after which we will tell people.

Right ladies - serious stuff here - PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISES. Yes - I'll just repeat that again PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISES

Suffice to say mine were bloody perfect before I got a little cold and started sneezing and well, blush I need to improve them. Can't google as at work but does anyone know if you can improve them during pregnancy?!?!? Praying it is possible

MrsBri Mon 07-Jan-13 16:06:00

Hi Redwelly, I've been told to do the exercises so I assume you can improve them :-) Bloody hope so, anyway. Really must do some.

Let us know how the yoga goes, Sarah. I've got my first aquanatal on Wednesday. Looking forward to it.

Heard bubs' heartbeat at my MW appt, so utterly lovely. Nice and strong :-) Just held it together!

Said I had birth fears and was told to go to antenatal and aquanatal and make sure I'm informed. Said majority of births are fine!

SunnyL Mon 07-Jan-13 16:28:48

I've got a reminder on my phone to do pelvic floor exercises at 12 noon every day. This seems to coincide with my lunch time wee. Whoever sits next to me in the cubicle must think I'm mighty weird with the pee - stop - pee - stop nonsense I'm doing.

Withalittlesparkle Mon 07-Jan-13 17:18:00

bri yay!!! I've just heard my baby's too!! Starting to sink in now!!

Just been told I'm A- blood type so have to have an anti D injection, anyone else?

AmIGoingMad Mon 07-Jan-13 17:36:23

Yet on hearing heartbeats! So exciting! smile
I've been bk to work today after 6 wks away with AND- was crying to boss within half hr of being there! Aargh bloody hormones! Did manage to stay there all day though on restricted duties and only burst into tears once more in the day. Madness! I even feel semi normal in my home life now- surely work life will catch up soon ( she says hopefully!).
I need to sort those pelvic floor exercises too- sneezing/ being sick are embarrassing moments right now! Be careful though as I'm pretty sure I read that you shouldn't do them while peeing as can lead to urine infections? Not certain but might be worth checking out?

AmIGoingMad Mon 07-Jan-13 17:36:45

Yey not yet!

Mawgatron Mon 07-Jan-13 18:23:43

I also have an app that reminds me to do pelvic floors. Still rubbish at doing them though sad
First day back at work was ok, although was very easily irritated by one colleague, and managed to snap at her. In my defence, she was being REALLY ANNOYING, but I'm pretty sure hormones are partially responsible.
I'm assuming that I should be having another midwife appointment at some point soon - should that be before my 20 week scan? Bump is all firm today, starting to feel real, rather than just too many mince pies...

maisiebeem Mon 07-Jan-13 18:40:00

I went back to work today too - straight into the staff room and hands all over my stomach! GRRRR! "ooo havent you grown....ooo you must have eaten well! etc"
some people i dont mind touching my bump - but only people i like! i may try the idea of touching the other persons stomach - see how they like it!

Maw you should have midwife around 16 wks then 25 wks if first child according to nice guidance
i am yeah in sure your right you should do pelvic floor exercises while actually going for a pee

Mawgatron Mon 07-Jan-13 21:20:01

Ha ha, I had people staring at my stomach the second they saw me. It's like they were talking to it rather than me!
Had a text from the student midwife today and she said the same about the appointments so I will ring my gp tomorrow and book one. Keep talking about pelvics, I'm treating it like a drinking game. Each time I read it, I'm doing them...

pinkapples Tue 08-Jan-13 06:25:47

Having some serious sleeping issues these days cannot get comfortable is it that bump is getting bigger anyone else having like a stretching pain when they lie down to sleep all across the front of my tummy?

MrsBri Tue 08-Jan-13 06:29:59

No stretching pain, but bump is getting uncomfortable, yes. Need a pillow soon, I think.

And turning over is like turning an oil tanker: slow and cumbersome! :-/

Mawgatron Tue 08-Jan-13 06:44:16

Bought a sleeping pillow from John Lewis- the long one that you can bend, not a dream genie as I read bad things about it. I love it, although poor DH has convinced himself that I am trying to wall him off in bed...

MrsBri Tue 08-Jan-13 07:03:03

Awww...poor DH!

Apparently I regularly head over to DH's side in my sleep and tell him to get out so I can have his side. Oops.

I also keep him awake talking utter nonsense :-)

They get a bad deal sometimes, don't they?!

Oh, I'm wearing a new black velvet maternity skirt from Next today. It has to be one of the most comfy things I've ever worn.

Also, I've found that now I'm in a much bigger maternity bra, my boobs are taking it as a message to grow and grow and grow. God knows where they will end up!

Hawkmoth Tue 08-Jan-13 08:44:58

I'm A- as well. Top tip, make them give you the Anti-D in your backside. Last time they insisted it was 'better' in my arm.... It was a lie. It's a big needle and hurts for a good while afterwards, not as bad if it's at the side of your buttock.

Oh and when do we stop throwing up again? Can someone remind me of the date? I'm fed up of retching in the shower, it's starting to scare the children!

I'm not sure hawk. When you find out please let me know!

Withalittlesparkle Tue 08-Jan-13 10:35:59

Hawk midwife said yesterday that its an in your leg jobby!!

My sickness is dying down, at least the actual vomiting has stopped 16+4 but still feel crap!!!

learnermummy Tue 08-Jan-13 16:22:50

Hello everyone. I'm expecting No. 3 19/6. Bit of a surprise but I'm coming around to the idea now smile
Have seen people talking about pelvic floor exercise reminder apps - any recommendations? Cannot remember to do the damn things!

Mawgatron Tue 08-Jan-13 16:36:43

My app is called kegel trainer- pelvic floor exercises. Does the job- you set reminders and it pops up and tells you to do them. Think you can set up to 6 reminders per day, but I only have 3 going at the mo.
Feel bad- haven't really had any sickness, but feel like I am retching constantly. Particularly after I have eaten anything.
Will go and have a look for that skirt, sounds good.

MrsBri Tue 08-Jan-13 18:02:10

I'm the same, sparkle...still got nausea, but not thrown up since Friday, I think :-)

The midwife said it should die off soon, thank god.

Been told I'm glowing by 2 people today. Interesting, as I feel quite non-glowy!

MrsBri Tue 08-Jan-13 18:03:46

And I'll get my blood type at the hospital after my 20 week scan. Interested to know what it is, actually.

dreamydays Tue 08-Jan-13 19:53:22

Just out of interest, has anyone who already has one/more children found that pelvic floor exercises actually work?

AmIGoingMad Tue 08-Jan-13 19:53:28

Welcome learner smile

I'm the same with the nausea- currently sucking on a mint to hopefully ease it. Haven't been sick since sun so it has really eased but I'm still fed up with the feeling sick thing!
I think I have a bump now (16 wks today) but still not certain it's not just m excess weight from last time around not being sucked in now!!!grin

AmIGoingMad Tue 08-Jan-13 19:55:45

Well I did do them last time around but not religiously and let's just say that I really wish I had! The lack of control sometimes when sneezing/ throwing up is not good! Need to set aside a time to do them really as I haven't been great this time either

learnermummy Tue 08-Jan-13 20:36:21

I did do them last time, only when I remembered though, certainly not religiously. I've never had any problems except once on a trampoline blush.

I'm O- and have had plenty of anti-D in my time. Bit of a pain, especially this time as if I manage my homebirth they won't come out to give the anti-D and I'll have to go in within 72 hrs of the birth to get it!

This thread is not accepting new messages.