Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

Also, yes fx for you today fatas!

SunshineOutdoors Thu 31-Jan-13 09:16:06

fatas I think you will have had your scan by now. Hope all went well x

fatasbutter Thu 31-Jan-13 09:45:00

Not good news sad

A sac but no baby. Have to go through the charade of 48h hcg measurements but there's no way really. 2 mc in 1 year! It's sucky! Feel no shock tho which was the worst part of last mc.

<begins to decamp to previous thread>

Bye all! Good luck everyone!! X

Oh fatas I'm so sorry sad do you think it's definatly not too early?
I'm so sorry, I know you've been pre empting it but its still a horrible thing to happen

Kittenkatzen Thu 31-Jan-13 10:00:02

sadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsad fatas so so sorry, that does indeed suck big fat hairy ones. Have you got company/someone to look after you today?

RedRobin1 Thu 31-Jan-13 10:39:27

:'( so sorry fatas a very big hug to you - really don't know what to say. so so sorry you have to go through this sad

fatasbutter Thu 31-Jan-13 11:04:42

Actually I think it's easier this time as was so sad seeing the little shape on the screen just floating there when 2 weeks before it had been moving about. There just wasn't anything to see apart from a sac. I just hope it's not an early ectopic!!!

tedmundo Thu 31-Jan-13 11:06:36

Oh fatas .. Gutted for you. So sorry to hear this. Will be thinking of you. Take care.

Oh fatas sad sad sad It's the very worst thing that everyone, especially anyone who has been through a mmc before, fears happening and it really does suck so much. To re-iterate what kittykats said, could it be too early? Could your dates be out or anything like that? I don't really know what to say, just that I'm so sorry this has happened and I wish there was some hope there or something we could do to make things better for you xx

fatasbutter Thu 31-Jan-13 12:15:22

Ah thanks everyone! My dates would have to be about 2 weeks out and I'm fairly certain that spermies don't live for 3 weeks!! wink

Well hang on in there and let us know how the 48 hour hcg test goes. It's a shit time - thinking about you thanks

MrsBri Thu 31-Jan-13 15:53:56

I'm so sorry, fatas <hugs>

Let's hope HCG test is more promising.

xxx

SunshineOutdoors Thu 31-Jan-13 17:09:26

Oh no fatas, that's so unfair. I've been out all day but thinking about you and I'm so sad to come back and hear about what happened. Have you got rl people with you this evening? Please take care of yourself and big big hugs. I'm so, so sorry x x

fatasbutter Thu 31-Jan-13 17:32:30

Thank you all. DH is still at work but I hope he won't be back too late. I just stupidly read about a ton of people in the same situation who went on to have normal pgs so a glimmer of hope I was trying to squash is pushing through damnit hmm

kiwi5 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:00:04

Fatas that is horrid. Fucking awful. Beyond crap. Best of everything to you and ur DP. Be kind to urselves.

tedmundo Fri 01-Feb-13 13:06:19

fatas .. how are you today? When are they testing the hcg levels? Best of luck with everything. In your post, do you mean people went on to have a normal pregnancy from this situation, or later on, they conceived again and that was a normal pregnancy?

fatasbutter Fri 01-Feb-13 14:53:33

Thanks kiwi and ted

- I meant in this situation people went on to have a scan 2 weeks later and saw a heartbeat! The thing is that I know we stopped DDT really early in that cycle as Xmas/staying with relatives etc so it would mean that sperm would have to live for at least 2 weeks for that date discrepancy to be possible so really it is impossible! whereas the other people may well have DDT well after they thought they ov'd and then ov'd much later iykwim?

So I think my situation is fairly likely to be either an ectopic they haven't seen on scan or (most likely unless hormone levels rise) a blighted ovum - hopefully a mc rather than ectopic!!! But hopefully tomorrow or Sunday I will have blood results... What a saga confused

wishing you well for your test results fatas, hope you are able to get them tomorrow. having to wait for things when you are already so stressed sucks thanks

Kittenkatzen Mon 04-Feb-13 07:52:56

Hellooooo!! <echos>

Bit quiet round here lately! How are we all doing?

Not much to report from kitten towers, 8+4 and have booking appt tomorrow smile

Hello! I'm still lurking about - still not out from under cloud of nausea yet and back in work so feeling pretty shattered but checking in on MN. Good luck for tomorrow kitten grin

Good luck with booking in app kitten, is it starting to feel real now?
How are you ted? Anymore labour starts?

SunshineOutdoors Mon 04-Feb-13 19:18:46

Hello!

I'm here, just went a bit quiet, was shocked and sad for fatas.

Glad to hear from you though kitten, how are you feeling?

And littlemiss I hope our nausea stops soon. I had to leave dd in her cot after bathtime while I spent a few minutes being violently sick down the toilet. Am 13+5 so surely it will stop soon-ish???

Thinking about you too ted, hope you've been having an uneventful time.

We're currently trying to move house, to York, which is one of my favourite places ever. Hoping to get settled before baby comes. We've seen a house we love, but unfortunately not sold yet sad. We've got someone viewing our house in the morning so hopefully they'll love it! It's not easy getting house clean and tidy when I feel so sick and tired though. [knackered emoticon]

Oh sunshine how shitty to still be feeling sick now, did you have sickness with dd? Is this worse or similar? Hopefully it'll pass soon, I've read a lot of people seem to feel better after 16 wks but that'll still feel too far away I guess!

SunshineOutdoors Tue 05-Feb-13 07:49:36

Yeah I was sick a lot with dd too, but you conveniently forget that when you're ttc again, don't you. I think it stopped around 16 weeks last time so the end is in sight. It started earlier this time though, about week 5 instead of week 7, so it feels like it's been going on forever. If this pregnancy goes well, I'm not doing it again, 2 will be enough for me!

sunshine - im 13+4 and went back into work a couple of days last week so was hoping for a full week this week but ended up getting so ill last night i dont know if i can make it in today. Thoroughly fed up!! Trying to give DS his bath last night, instead of play time he got to watch mummy wretch over toilet bowl for 10 mins & lie on bathroom floor groaning!! Surely this will be behind us soon - finding impossible to enjoy being pg under circumstances confused Good luck with house move! We have our 2 bed terrace near town rented out to a nice couple and we're renting a bigger place up in the burbs ourselves - unforyunately the rent we are getting, tho its good, doesnt cover our mortgage&rates each month so we had thought about selling. We only bought in 08 tho so looks like we'd lose quite a bit and it wd prob still be tricky enough to sell. Oh well! The rental is lovely tho, plenty of room

ted - ooh yes any more news??

kitty - how are things with you at the mo?

kitten - let us know how yr appt goes today!

fatas - incase you're still with us, thinking about you and wishing you well for follow up scan and erpc if you do end up needing one. Having to wait to find out for sure whats going on is really tough xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.