Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

Yeah for healthy heart beats grin
I too am another heats anatomy fan, only started ur when off on maternity with dd and it was repeated everyday on really and got hooked!! Got box set to series 6 but need the new ones for next ml! wink

Heatshmm grays!

mrsbri - wow!! forgot u could hear heartbeat that early! can't wait for that, so exciting, must dig out my doppler and start tormenting myself looking for it around 14 weeks grin congrats!! It is crap being so sick but if you have to be stuck on bed rest for a couple of weeks, box sets and trashy magazines do help lol first time i've done anything like this since shortly before DS was born errr 28 months ago!

kitty - woop! mcSteamy!

Kittenkatzen Tue 08-Jan-13 07:33:53

Yay for hearing the heartbeat mrsbri grin <allows self a nanosecond of excitement that I might get to do that>

littlemiss sorry you're still pukey, make yourself a little sofa-nest with the remote control and the biscuit tin and a bucket

MrsBri Tue 08-Jan-13 07:36:45

It was totally amazing, especially as I'm still finding it very surreal to think I'm growing a baby! :-)

Fx you all get the same chance at 16 weeks. I'm not buying a doppler though...there lies the way of madness!

Kittenkatzen Tue 08-Jan-13 07:43:04

Urgh....lovely DH made me a cup of tea to take on the train with me this morning. Problem is I had ginger tea in my cup last night and all he did was rinse it under the tap this morning....so now I have normal tea with a gingery afterbite. confused

lol - gingery tea!!

mrsbri - i got a doppler off ebay with DS, you can use it from 14 weeks on and i was worried i'd get a bit obsessed too but once you start feeling the baby kick regularly you don't really use it. but it is cool to be able to lie on your sofa and listen in yourself in front of the tv off an evening smile

More greys anatomy for me today! can't believe i'm off work all week. and next week. eep!

weechops Tue 08-Jan-13 12:58:31

I need a bit of hand-holding, I'm losing the baby sad Completely completely devastated. And now I'm sitting here blaming myself because I started painting the living room today and was stretching quite a bit. Went to the toilet at half ten and there was fresh blood in my pants and I wiped and more came. Really sorry for tmi but I so need to let this out in a safe place. Having cramps now and I'm too scared to go to the loo again. I put a pad on and too scared to look at that too. I know it's over sad My face is all blotchy too from crying so really hope no one comes to the door!

SunshineOutdoors Tue 08-Jan-13 13:08:25

Oh weechops I'm so so sorry.

First of all this is nothing to do with anything you have or haven't done. Unfortunately these things sometimes happen, and it's fucking shit and awful it's happening to you but it is not your fault in any way whatsoever.

Secondly, is anyone with you at the moment? Can you call anyone to come and help you. I think you need to lie down, in bed or on the sofa with a hot drink and be looked after. You might not want to talk or even have someone in the same room, but it could be good to have someone help in the house and make sure you eat and drink.

Have you phoned a doctor/midwife? I don't know what the advice is in this situation, when you feel up to it can you phone, or get someone to do it for you?

Big big big big hugs to you. Let yourself cry, let it out, it's such a horrible, unfair situation to be in.

I'll stay online for a bit. Talk to me if you need to thanks

SunshineOutdoors Tue 08-Jan-13 13:11:52

How old are your dc? Are they at home? If so can you get someone to take them out for you?

weechops Tue 08-Jan-13 13:39:03

Thanks sunshine. Dd is at school and dh is still home from the rig til Sunday so he has ds.
I hate anyone seeing me cry even dh so he gave me a huge cuddle and I've come up to bed.
I had an early mc before I had my dd but this seems worse somehow. Maybe because I know what I'm losing? Urgh feel so sad. I'm not good at putting how I feel into words but `crap` seems to work for now.
I'm going to haver a nap and another cry I think. Thanks for listening. Dh is great but doesn't really understand.

SunshineOutdoors Tue 08-Jan-13 13:58:12

Ah, stay in bed and have a good cry. Try and get some sleep too if you can. Are you in any pain? Take some paracetamol, might help any pain but I also find they help me calm a bit too if I'm not sleeping and feeling unwell.

I understand you wanting to be on your own. Do talk to dh when you're up to it though, it must be upsetting for both of you. It will help you to talk and cry in front of him when you're ready too.

But for now, don't think of anything other than making sure you're as comfortable as possible. Have you eaten anything? Maybe try and nibble a bit of toast or something if not.

And more hugs for you. I'll keep sending you hugs with my mind all day.

Kittenkatzen Tue 08-Jan-13 15:44:20

Oh weechops I'm so gutted for you I really can't believe it sadsad

weechops - I am so so sorry you are going through this, no matter what stage you are at when you lose a pg it is very upsetting and quite scary to go through. Def stay in bed, good cry, or have a bath. Anything that feels comforting. Have you thought about phoning EPU or gp, just to get checked out? I only ask because as you know I had quite a lot of bleeding around weeks 5 and 6 of this pg and it was heavy enough and red enough that I was sure that that's what was happening to me too, esp after mc in the summer. Even though picking up phone and heading down to hospital was tough, I guess it's good to know for sure what's going on? xxx

wishfulthinking1 Tue 08-Jan-13 17:40:01

Oh weechops - you poor poor thing, I really feel for you. I think you should call EPU and have a scan- it does sound like a mc, but it's important to check out what's happening. I really am so so sorry x

MrsBri Tue 08-Jan-13 17:58:06

I'm so sorry, weechops.

But I agree you should call the EPU for a scan.

As a glimmer of hope, it may not be an MC.

My best friend recently had what she thought was a very heavy, normal period. She then tested positive and is still pregnant with what looks like a sticky bean. There is hope still.

I really hope it works out. xx

flowers weechops
I know how stressfull it is and what you mean about knowing what your loosing etc
I too have had some bleeding in this pregnancy so really hope it's not the worst, weeks 5/6 do seem to be the most common to bleed, so fx
Look after yourself x

How are you today weechops x

Thinking about you guys today weechops thanks

weechops Wed 09-Jan-13 15:17:51

Thanks girls. Sorry I went a bit AWOL there. The bleeding is still heavy but its definitely mc as the baby has come away now sad sorry tmi.

I called the doctor surgery and got a phone appointment for tomorrow. If he suggests going to epu then I will but I don't knownif there's much point now since it looks like its properly in motion. Just need to make sure he tells midwives so I don't get a scan date through.

Anyway you lot have been brilliant and I feel less alone with my feelings. I'll be back on the bfp wishes thread soon smile

BelissimaLol Wed 09-Jan-13 16:04:18

I'm so sorry wee. That's very hard even if you went through it before. Look after yourself and give your body time to heal. Life sucks sometimes hmm

MrsBri Wed 09-Jan-13 18:00:35

I'm so, so sorry, weechops.

I hope to see you back here very soon. xx

SunshineOutdoors Wed 09-Jan-13 19:04:58

weechops I've been thinking of you today. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Take some time and try to be extra kind to yourself, physically and emotionally. You will heal and we are all here for you to talk to. I'll keep lurking on the wishes thread if it's easier for you to talk there, or here, it's up to you <hugs>

So sorry weechops if there's anything you want to ask me feel free on here or pm, I had a mc just prior to falling pregnant this time and know the whirlwind of emotions you feel x

weechops Wed 09-Jan-13 21:47:19

I'm doing OK I think. Sobbed my eyes out when it was obviously not just blood earlier. And felt slightly insane saying goodbye as I flushed the loo blush. But I'm naturally quite an upbeat person so I think I'll be fine in a few days. Not really one to wallow for long smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.