Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 23-Apr-13 20:16:00

Aww little Bruce. Glad it's all going well ted. Although you have reminded me how little sleep you get with a newborn.

alex haha you old perve. I could well be having very pervey dreams - I just don't remember them <probably for the best>. Oh don't worry about your diet too much in the first trimester, as long as you have sorted out your folic acid it really isn't going to matter at all.

I've been obsessed with bacon recently, I've also been really light headed. I think my blood pressures dropped a bit and the obsession with salt is my bodies way of dealing with it or I'm a greedy pig

Alexandra6 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:13:38

bruce is such a cool name ted! Really glad things are going well. We've been thinking about names a lot lately!

Hurray alex, glad your scan went well and fx everything continues to go well so you can relax and start to enjoy your pg (says me who spent a good 10 weeks flat on my back with HG and still worries if I haven't felt a kick in half an hour lol!)

ted - good to hear from you! So glad all is going well!

when - Mmm salty cravings!! I've gone off meat quite a bit - I still have a very occasional craving for a steak and when I was just pg before I'd even taken a test I realised something was weird cos I was eating sliced ham right out of the fridge without bothering to sit down first lol But since the sickness I don't want to eat fish, chicken, bacon, sausages, pork, lamb, turkey, mince, anything at all really. So it's all veggie...with the exception of the occasional steak ha ha

Re: pervy dreams - had a few pervy ones but now they have swung into the very weird dreams indeed camp, less perv and more crazy!! I had a really vivid dream on Tuesday night that I was a seal! A seal! How bizarre! I woke up remembering how it felt to swim fast under water and be able to catch fish with my bare hands. Err. Sorry. Flippers! Hormones have a lot of explaining to do lol

Not much else going on here - v busy with work, DS is doing great with potty training, going to try reassembling the cot this weekend because we moved house last summer and DS was in a bed by then so I don't know if we have definitely got all the bits we need and if any are missing we might need to order replacements or something. Better to find that out now than when I'm 38 weeks I suppose lol

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 25-Apr-13 14:38:37

Best of luck with the cot little not sure if I'm going to bother with one. I might just co sleep (assuming breastfeeding works out).

Had another scan today and its all looking good. Am going to attempt to chill out, sick of being worried all the time.

weechops Thu 25-Apr-13 18:39:04

When that's great about your scan.

I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting for booking in date. 5 weeks ish to wait. Can't believe I'm 7 weeks today!

Alexandra6 Thu 25-Apr-13 20:03:18

Erm...I know we've been here before with me, but my symptoms have really calmed down, I'm 9 weeks today (woop!) but I haven't been feeling very sick and tired today at all, or yesterday come to think of it. And my food aversions have gone a bit.

I know, I know, I'm a pregnancy bore sad I was actually starting to relax and really enjoy it until I've started worrying again!!

when really glad your scan went well smile And hi littlemiss, great to hear from you!

Alexandra6 Thu 25-Apr-13 20:44:37

Just ignore me, sorry, I've got home and feel sick and dizzy and can't eat a thing wink

Going to be a looooong seven months!

Oh Alex lol bless you, was going to say anyway 9wks is when the placenta kicks in and you start to feel better, well I did anyway, all food aversions went around this time
When good news on another good scan, I think you can take a little breather now, I know what you mean though you darnt relax and tempt fate fate but its a shame to be worried all the time and miss out on the nice stage enjoying thinking about the little person your growing
Wee hope it comes around quickly for you!
Little glad potty training and everything is going well, you've done so well to get it sorted pre baby! We've just put dd in her new "big girls" bed yesterday, been building it up and the new matress came so we asked her if she wanted to sleep in there and she did, she did so well all night not a peep, I didn't sleep as was worrying about her and feel abit sad like she's not my baby anymore hmm
Just over 35wks now!! Had dd at 37 eeekk
Oh and just peered over into the April thread and wishful has had a little boy smile think she went the full 2wks over though and had a rough time, hope she's ok I was glad to see they were both safe and well now anyway

tedmundo Fri 26-Apr-13 09:35:57

Hi everyone.

little .. Good idea to crack potty training before the baby comes. Do expect regression though <stares hard at the 4 yr old!>

when .. So great to have a scan under your belt. Are you planning to find out the sex?

alex .. The last few weeks are possibly even sloooower waiting for that labour to kick in. Enjoy the middle bit all you can. Glad you are feeling rough again!

kitty .. So close, so so close! Have you packed your hospital bag yet?

wee .. 7 weeks hurray! The booking in will help as it is the first milestone.

I haven't called him Bruce, just that he is the Boss of the household so that is his nickname. He has a very unusual name which I won't post as I don't want to out myself just in case anyone from Brizzle lurks. It is a saints name. He was very nearly Francis, but I am glad we didn't go for that as a few days after his birth the new pope chose that as his pope name so I imagine it will become more popular now. I am a bit obssessed with having unusual names (NOT made up ones .. Just not well used ones!)

He is crying for milk so better go!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 26-Apr-13 10:32:29

alex I was all set to reassure you but the symptoms reappeared so you don't need it grin. I remember mine coming and going all the time from 9 weeks onwards, I don't think it means anything it's just what happens.

kitty 35 weeks shock wow the little one could be here soon. Have you got your bag packed? Oh just checked teds post she's already asked.

little well done on the potty training, we need to get started with dd. she's not really showing any signs she's ready though.

wee 7 weeks. Exciting, hope the booking in comes soon it makes it feel much more real I think (not that throwing up doesn't)

ted I kind of like the name Bruce, I may have to pinch it if this is a boy. I think it's a girl though, dh wants to find out at the 20 week scan and it would make life a lot easier when explaining the new baby to dd.

It's great news about wishful, not great if she had a rough time at the end but at least the are both well.

I've finished work gringringringrin
< havnt quite decided if looking after 20month old is going to be harder then sitting at desk but trying not to think about that wink>
Also not packed bag.... The only one Ive got I use for swimming so keep needing it, don't think I had one packed last time either though and muddled through, I remember buying lucazade ready as was told good for energy etc then proceeded to vomit up the whole bottle, won't be purchasing it again!!

tedmundo Sat 27-Apr-13 08:39:26

when .. go for Bruce! It is an excellent name and fulfils my name criteria of being a real, proper name that everyone has heard of but not many people have.

Bruce is full of snot today and just puked all over DHs (bare) chest. hahaha!

Alexandra6 Sun 28-Apr-13 09:25:31

grin Ted hehe!

Happy maternity leave kitty I can't wait! It's my first so I will be just putting my feet up and watching tv until the baby arrives when I start mat leave (sorry!) Wonder when I'll want to take it from, not sure what's the norm? One of my bosses made a comment the other day about a client who is on their mat leave "oh no I shouldn't think she'll take a whole year!" - said in a judgemental voice. They know I'm pregnant and I obvs haven't said but will be taking the whole year at least. Really not sure what I'll do after that, I haven't done the maths to see if going back to my job is realistic financially/with the hours. What's everyone else thinking/doing mat leave and work wise?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 29-Apr-13 20:16:16

ted grin at puking on your dh's chest

kitty woo hoo for mat leave, looking after a 20 month old sounds hard work though.

alex I'm not really sure yet. I think I will take mat leave from week 38, I should have 4 weeks holiday saved up to so I could take that in one chunk before mat leave. Meaning I will finish at 34 weeks. I finished at about 34 weeks last time, I was meant to keep going till 36 weeks but my brain was packing in and my spd was getting worse.

MrsBri Mon 29-Apr-13 21:05:02

I finish at 12.30 on Friday this week at 33+1. Thanks to annual leave I actually start mat leave at 37+5, which isn't too bad.

My brain started to pack in weeks ago, so I really couldn't go on much longer!

I think it depends what you do and how far it is from home that dictates when you feel it's right to start mat leave.

alex - I was also going to reassure you but glad to see symptoms are back! I think after 8 weeks the placenta starts to take over so dips in symptoms are normal, tho since I had that awful sickness I never really got a break and used to be very jealous of anyone getting a few days off lol Yes def make the most of being able to watch TV on maternity leave - I'll be entertaining a 2.5 year old lol

when - I did a lot of co-sleeping with DS too, esp cos of b/feeding, but sometimes I like to go to bed early to read or watch TV and when DS got to 4 months even putting the bedside light on in the room used to wake him up so that was when the cot really came into its own!

kitty - Just submitted my MAT 1 today in work for maternity leave. Doesn't start til 15th July, but I'm off the week before on annual leave so technically it starts on 8th July....9.5 weeks to go!! Excited!! Can't wait to get bag packed etc smile Off on holiday over in west of Ireland for a week leaving this Saturday first and then a whole load of exam invigilation and marking on horizon in May / June and then when that's all over... leave time!!

mrsbri - woo hoo!! that'll be an excellent Friday feeling smile)

tedmundo Tue 30-Apr-13 13:49:30

Ladies .. I am LOVING my Lakeland heated airer.

It has changed my life.

ted - to quote Patrick Swayze out of Ghost...ditto!

Alexandra6 Tue 30-Apr-13 15:17:07

What's this heater about and why's it so good? Have you got a link to one?

Excited for those approaching/starting mat leave!

Alex I have started both times at 35 1/2 weeks well usually annual leave for abit first but that's when I've finished work, I personally could definatly do a few more weeks both times physically but been glad to finish to get things done around the house, I too thought I'd get lots of me time but 1st time I only had 1 and a half weeks off and had spent it all decorating, you'll be amazed how much you want to clean and sort and I never stoped but wish I had taken abit of time out just for me, cinema etc
Oh little miss single figures on the weeks that always makes it seem very close!
Mw app tomoz and will see that ofcourse little made is head down! of course she isn't!
Dd1 driven me crazy today new bed has carried on a sucsess yet it's taken her less then a week to realise she can now get out herself! She has also run into the road today and generally driven me crazy particullaly in supermarket, currently woundering why I havnt kept her in nursery for 2 days a week just that little but longer.........

Also yes how can a heater change your life?!?!
I am currently washing on the line obsessed though

Kittenkatzen Wed 01-May-13 08:14:45

Hey ladies, I'm back from holiday! Glad everyone seems to be doing well with their bumps and babies smile

Had 20 week scan yesterday, all looking good and we didn't find out the sex. Looks like I might need to lay off the chocolate though as the sonographer had a chuckle and commented on baby's "fat little belly" confused

Congrats to you lucky ladies starting your maternity leave, I'm very envy, hope the weather stays lovely for you! 14 and a bit weeks left at work for me - I'll be 35+something (exact day still tbc!) have a couple of weeks annual leave, then taking the full 9 months mat leave (but secretly hoping not to have to return - at least not my city job as the long commute would be killer with a baby/toddler to consider)

Oh and yy to loving the novelty of having washing on the line again, summer is coming woohoo!! I've even ditched the coat for my commute this morning, although slightly regretting in now as the skies over London are distinctly more grey and chilly looking than the skies over Horsham were when I left the house! Oh well.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 02-May-13 12:22:08

ted yay to the heated airer. I love mine too. kitty I'm a bit washing line obsessed at the moment as well, it's the weather.

kitten glad the scan went well

Oh does anyone know where you can buy a maternity summer jacket? Can't find anything anywhere.

Yeay to a good scan kitten can't believe you've been so restrained to not find out, it drives me crazy lol and yeay to a great holl
When- I've been sticking to cardigans as atleast you can wear non maternity ones, plus surley we won't need one as we are going to have a great summer that's always 22degress everyday min?!
I have got a scan tomorrow to see what way round bubs is and then it's decision time!
3 lots of washing currently on line wink

when - Maternity jackets are so hard to find! V limited selection! This time round I went on simplybe and bought a bracelet sleeve length one in a kind of bump flattering cut just in a bigger size than I would normally wear. I've been wearing it since Feb and there's still plenty of toom for expansion!!

Also yay to washing lines and hanging baskets and deckchairs! It's not exactly summer out there but a bit of sunshine makes a big difference smile Also washing like crazy today and tomorrow before we go away on Sat...

kitty - good luck for scan tomorrow

kitten - glad scan went well!

I am destroyed with heartburn at the min - Rennies and Gaviscon are my saviours lol

This thread is not accepting new messages.