Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

Kittenkatzen Wed 17-Apr-13 07:37:22

Ooh when that's exciting, what Lin of reaction did you get?

Good to hear everyone else is doing well! Is ds getting the hang of the potty little miss? You seem to have managed to get alot sorted! I've still got lots to do and not long to do it, finish work a week on Friday though yeay!!! Then aside from wishful ill be the next grad hopefully!! I had a look on the April thread to see if she was around and she is and about 10 days overdue poor thing, that really is the pits and something I desperately didn't want to happen to me!
Glad to hear you've made the announcement when, it starts getting very real now doesn't it! Will you have a dating scan with nhs aswell? Excited for sat Alex you must be counting down the minutes!!
I had my 34wk app yesterday, baby still breech so 2 weeks left to hope and pray or options need to be sort, yesterday was spent doing every concievable thing to try and turn her but she's a girl and mine and therefore stubborn!

MrsBri Wed 17-Apr-13 10:18:21

Have you tried getting on your hands and knees and cleaning the floor?! Baby B turned on Saturday after I did that! He's moved out of position a couple of times since, but does go back down, so I think he knows where to be!

Poor Wishful :-/ I really don't want to be late.

I finish work on 3rd May as I've 4 weeks' leave to take before mat leave starts :-) Can't wait!

Yesterday I spent 2 15 mins sessions lying upside down against ironing board ( not totally upside down wink but you get the idea) went swimming for 30 mins, did 5 handstands in pool had 2 sessions of moxibustion ( a Chinese reflexology thing designed to help) shine torch on belly below pubic area bounced on ball...... Pretty much everything I've read you can do and still nothing yet, I wished I'd done more earlier when baby would have been smaller but didn't know if she had turned and then I'd flip her back, now mw says I'd know if she went as so big, I had to avoid hands and knees abit because of bruises from fall were sore on knees but ill keep at it, very frustrating and time consuming though but feel I have to try everything

MrsBri Wed 17-Apr-13 10:44:12

Hmmm...you have a resistent baby! :-/

Would you want her to be manually turned for birth? Sounds a bit ouchy to me. :-(

I think I would have a go at it but would have to be really confident with who was doing it etc, unfortunatly if she doesn't change though all the options are painful complicated and not ideal hmm I have friends who have had cs and vb and say they couldn't get over how much worse the cs was and how painful to recover in comparison, I was up and about the next day fine with no pain even after a second degree tear with dd birth, so really keen for that again ideally which turning could provide..... Just scared as read a story on hear about someone's dd dying because of having it done, trouble is do you base your decision on one bad story when the odds are quite good it'll work? I guess in any birth you just don't know what going to happen

MrsBri Wed 17-Apr-13 11:23:16

It's really hard, isn't it? I think if Baby B is breech I would probably go for CS, but I'm very nervous about birth anyway, after a few people very close to me have have awful experiences leading to damage to baby.

Ultimately I think you'll have to decide based on your confidence in the medical staff and whether this can marry up to your desire for a VB. Very hard decision though.

Yeah I think if I'd had a cs first time I'd be fine with it, it's because of having a toddler and having allready done the vb really well that I'm reluctant now to go the other way, childbirth should be easier then this right!! We must have a design floor

Alexandra6 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:06:40

Hi, I saw that thread too about moving the baby. I don't actually know what vb stands for (embarrassingly have only just learnt what breech meant recently! I'm new to all this in my defence!) - I presume vb is manually turning the baby? A friend of mine who is also pregnant said that manually turning the baby is bad and you should always refuse?

I'm feeling really anxious today, so scared about my scan on Sat, and paranoid that my symptoms of nausea/boobs are less today. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow but I know I'm still in very risky territory. I'm just so scared as I want this baby so much and took ages and drugs to get here. Sorry I know there's nothing you can say, it's just a waiting game, but I just want time to fast forward!!

MrsBri Wed 17-Apr-13 17:42:27

VB is vaginal birth, Alex. Don't worry, it takes ages to get used to all the acronyms on MN!

And also don't worry re symptoms coming and going. Mine did that too and I'm 31 weeks' pregnant now! DH kept putting up with me wailing about my boobs not being sore! :-)

I know it is impossible not to worry, as I still do about other stuff. But disappearing symptoms IS normal. xx

Alexandra6 Wed 17-Apr-13 17:59:25

Thanks mrs I was an expert with the ttc acronyms but these are all new to me! Be careful with letting anyone try and the move it manually. I hope baby B decides to move on it's own!

Alexandra6 Wed 17-Apr-13 17:59:40

Ps I feel sick again. Yay! wink

MrsBri Wed 17-Apr-13 18:12:22

I was like that too, Alex...only time you'll ever be yay! about vomit :-)

Kittenkatzen Thu 18-Apr-13 07:36:21

Wow kitty that is one stubborn baby you've got in there! smile Really hope she takes the hint and turns soon. Just to balance the baby turning stories up a bit, my newest nephew had to be turned at the start of labour and was absolutely fine - SIL said it was ouchy but no other problems from it and no CS required.

Thanks kitten I live in hope ill get a dramatic turn x

MrsBri Thu 18-Apr-13 08:15:59

My hairdresser's baby turned himself at 37 weeks in the bath. Still hope!

Alexandra6 Thu 18-Apr-13 08:35:32

Oh I got confused yesterday about which baby was breech, so ignore my baby B comment mrs! I def have baby brain at the moment! Meant to direct that at you kitty about hoping your baby moves on it's own! Maybe try a couple of baths kitty if you haven't already?!

Ha ha Alex no worries but baby is a total water baby I live in the bath, spend atleast 30 mins aday sometimes have 2 much to dh's anoyance I'm gona try and kick up the amount of swimming I'm doing when off though as I think that full submerged tummy in water might help

Alexandra6 Thu 18-Apr-13 09:42:00

I haven't had a bath since I got my BFP (ha that sounde funny - don't worry, I've showered!!) - I like my baths hot so was worried about hot water damaging the baby? How hot do you have yours? Do you think I should wait until after first trimester?

I have them hot Alex cooler when pregnant but that's just not my regular ooh ohh getting in still hot, nothing worse then a tepid bath, I was told by midwife aslong as you feel fine and don't over heat it's fine so aslong as you can get in ok without wincing lol I'd never give up baths I have to be honist and first time pregnant never even knew that silly rule as I don't want to get bogged down with All the shoulds they that you can find! in Sweden for example they recommend saunas so for me apart from the fact I've never seen any evidence of a bath harming a child I can't imagine how it would or where they would get evidence and just try and be sensible, past a certain point your bump won't even get covered anyway but it's like how do they think women manage who live in oz if you can't get hot etc?!? I think baths are the only thing I couldn't give up full stop, my only 30 mins to myself to unwind, I could give up tv and technology before that!

In answer to your question though I have still had one every day in both pregnancys from the beginning but like I say it's what you make of it you do what reassures you x

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 18-Apr-13 22:13:22

alex glad you are feeling sick (that makes me sound evil grin) best of luck for Saturday scan.

kitten I think a lot guessed as I've not been looking too good recently.

kitty stubborn baby. They can turn at quite a late stage so got my fingers crossed for you. Nice warm bath should help

I'm another one who likes their bath hot scorching knocked the heat down a bit now I'm pregnant but I hits a cold bath.

Alexandra6 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:39:05

MrsBri Fri 19-Apr-13 20:17:29

Good luck tomorrow, Alex :-) What time is the scan?

Alexandra6 Fri 19-Apr-13 20:37:06

It's at 11.30am smile I am excited, deep down I believe it will be fine (think I can't bear considering the alternative anymore) Thanks so much for the good luck x

This thread is not accepting new messages.