Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

kitty - We didnt dtd for ages cos of bleeding but have done it a few times in last couple of weeks. Thankfully no more bleeding.but tbh im just not mad keen.on.pg dtd! Prob our last chance before i just get too rotund tho lol

V swollen up today after being away at wedding y'day - no idea why...longish drive, being on feet a lot maybe, not sleeping well last night. Couldnt get my shoes on this morning tho cos feet were so bad and hands arent much better. Remembering this for last time - ended up looking.like a puffer fish!! On bright side, my week spent potty training DS seems to have been mostly successful!

Glad ur feeling a lot more relaxed wee and sure that was just a dodgy test alex, everything sounds like it's going fine.

Little miss I've got to admit I feel totally asexual when preggers, don't know if its a girl thing but no sex drive at all and it's not just worry/ comfort ability etc as I don't even fancy a fiddle myself wink

MrsBri Mon 08-Apr-13 15:09:23

I've had / got no inclination to have any form of sexual experience, with DH or myself!!

Not sure why, but I'm really not bothered!

Alexandra6 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:11:33

Annoyingly I haven't lost my mojo completely as I could be in the mood - but there's no way I'm risking it so my cervix will be a contact-free zone (apart from doctors I guess!) until the baby is born!

weechops Mon 08-Apr-13 16:34:25

I'm abstaining until I get past 6 weeks smile I do feel really horny though, but I'm waiting. All through my last pregnancy I was really horny too but dh got more freaked out the bigger I got and wouldn't touch me. Said it was too weird now that he could 'see' the baby. smile

Mrs bri- girl grin
Wee and Alex maybe boy maybe too early?!?
This was the first time dh has really tried, at 33wks preggers I wouldn't find me attractive!! I told him to go and find a prostitute like the footballers lol wink

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 09-Apr-13 07:00:32

I had zero sex drive with dd. It started going around week 12.

Really worried about this pregnancy this morning. Stomach has no sign at all I am pregnant and symptoms almost completely disappeared yesterday. 11 weeks so shouldn't I have a little bit of a bump / bit if firmness in the lower abdomen?

weechops Tue 09-Apr-13 07:16:17

When- when I was pg with dd I didn't even look 'fat' til 14 weeks. Bit surreal at the scan seeing a baby kicking around in my flat tummy. ( well i was slimmer then ha!)
Ds was different but he was just massive, so my bump was enormous early. He was 10lb 4oz! Kind of grateful I ended up with emergency c section smile
try not to worry. I know its hard not to though.It's nearly 12 week scan time!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 09-Apr-13 07:36:20

Thanks weechops I was thinking I would show earlier with the second one. Had a flat stomach with dd till week 20. Stomach muscles are dreadful now so there's nothing holding the bump in but still no bump.

Scan is on Sat and it can't come soon enough for me.

Not long to wait then when, my symptoms went at around 9+ wks this time before different ones have now arrived dont think boobs even kicked in till 16wks and they were the first thing of mine to change with dd1, I definatly didn't have a tum/bump then either so don't worry x

Alexandra6 Tue 09-Apr-13 09:08:56

Good luck for your scan when it's a great milestone, the 12 week point!

I've had a real scare - went to bed last night and got severe stomach pains, but it was quite high up in the stomach. It got really severe and kept coming in waves until I was doubled over and screaming, lasted all night. I tried burping lots in case it was wind (nice) but that didn't get rid of it - although it's eased off now which I'm so relieved about. Do you think it was just very severe trapped wind?! Can't get a scan today as got no sleep so am trying to catch up on some sleep now before going into work this afternoon as I have a meeting that can't be moved. My doctor's just called as I'm typing and recommended I don't go into work and rest, but am worried because of the big meeting, what would you do?

weechops Tue 09-Apr-13 10:23:14

Alex that does sound like severe wind I think. I've had similar a couple of times and thought I was due the runs (sorry) but ended eventuly with lots of wind escaping. Kind of felt like terrible period pains only in my stomach. If you feel better maybe go for the meeting if its really important, then home to bed. You know best though how you're feeling and if you're up to it.

Have you tried any wind remedies to see if it makes a difference to comfort or has the pain/discomfort gone now? Personally I don't go for the whole rest thing as it makes no difference to the outcome of anything but I wouldn't struggle in if you feel ill tired and in pain, if you feel ok it won't do you any harm, if it makes you feel any better when I started spotting with my mc I felt no pain and after that it was discomfort not pain, I've only experienced agony when I've had a tummy bug/ trapped wind but you know your body and you have to do what feels best for you

resipsa Tue 09-Apr-13 14:22:14

Hi you guys. Just popped in to see how you're all doing and the answer it seems is very well indeed. You made me smile so thanks!
PS wee good luck on Sat though I am sure you don't need it.

resipsa Tue 09-Apr-13 14:22:46

Darn - meant when, sorry!

Alexandra6 Tue 09-Apr-13 14:33:03

Thanks wee and kitty I was so exhausted I fell asleep and woke up feeling really nauseous so am not going in, managed to move the meeting. Not great to take sick days but I honestly felt awful after last night. The pain has really eased so fingers crossed it was just really, really bad trapped wind.

How am I going to cope with labour if I can't cope with wind? grin only joking, the worst part was the worry that something was really wrong as I know severe pain isn't normal in early pregnancy.

Hi res how are you doing?

I love how all the books go on about 'how amazing' and 'multi orgasmic' sex is when you're pg! lol no one I know has ever experienced this, you're just so bloody wrecked and dealing with heartburn / stretch marks / sore boobs / nausea / back ache etc. puts no one in the mood!!

alex - I had dodgy tummy cramps all day y'day and even tho I can feel baby kicking and moving about I had myself convinced something was wrong. It's horrible all the strange aches and digestive pains that can come and go and of course we all immediately panic!!

res - Hi lady! How are you?

when / wee - I was really flat til after 20 weeks with DS but this time round I felt like I was showing sooner. Tho after being off work for a week over Easter I went back in y'day (22 weeks now) and everyone was amazed at how huge i suddenly look. I presume hope they mean the bump lol But it's def maternity clothes all the way now, 3 weeks ago I could have squeezed into my normal stuff but now that would just be too tight everywhere!!

Heartburn today! Got Ranitidine on prescription again but trying to only take that if the indigestion is really bad. Still less annoying than the constant sickness and also less annoying that our stupid boiler having packed it in again! If oil delivery man can't get it going for me this afternoon I'll be having a stern word with landlord!!

MrsBri Tue 09-Apr-13 18:18:24

When - how are you feeling now? Hopefully less stressed about symptoms, or lack thereof.

Alex, hopefully you are also feeling better now you've rested. I had some terrible trapped wind in early pregnancy, so I can relate to how you were feeling.

Res, how are you doing? Is the lack of sex what made you laugh?! To think we were at it like rabbits to get upduffed to start with!

Kitty, do you really think girl? I'm convinced boy! Hmmm...what's the anecdotal evidence on sex drive and sex? :-)

Littlemiss, is your boiler working now? Not a good time to stop, is it?

Hi everyone else!!

Actually mrs bri I have always thought boy for you aswell, not sure why but have heard lack of sex drive and girls but then also heard lots of heartburn = lots of hair and dd had so much hair but I never had a jot of heartburn, also heard bad sickness and girls and I've never been sick
I think you were right not to go in if you feel crap Alex, in sure it was just trapped wind but I've had it before and felt like I was being stabbed, you'll cope with Labour because you get good drugs for that wink

Kittenkatzen Wed 10-Apr-13 08:00:23

Morning! Hope everyone's ok, v quick catch up from me as having a mad week...

littlemiss congrats on the potty training success!

Agree with everyone who's sex drive has done a disappearing act! Although, when DH does manage to talk me into it I do enjoy it and it's even slightly better than before, but the drive to initiate is just literally not there atm!

alex that sounds horrible you poor thing! I agree with wee though it does sound like trapped wind - I get that sometimes and it can be really really painful!

<waves> at res!! smile

resipsa Wed 10-Apr-13 09:57:58

Actually, it was the fact that you are all so obviously blooming that made me smile but the no-sex part is funny too. You go from doing it all the time (and sharing the detail) to a long dry spell so quickly!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 10-Apr-13 11:15:06

Hi res <waves wildly> thanks for wishing me luck. I'm nervous as hell, I know I shouldn't be but I'm a worrier. The natural pregnancy insomnia is sooo much worse this week, hopefully I'll be calmer after the scan.
How is your mum doing? Hope all is well with you.

alex poor you and the trapped wind. I have heard of people being rushed into a&e with suspected appendicitis only to find it was trapped wind. Hope you feel better now.

little the bumps really do pop out after 20 weeks don't they. Sounds like your doing really well.

mrsbri I had zero sex drive in pregnancy with dd, sex drive is on the floor at the moment but I think that is more exhaustion related.

weechops Wed 10-Apr-13 13:04:31

Im just home from the doctor to get referred to the midwives smile So I should get a letter through in the next 4 weeks with booking in and scan date. I know its insane, but I feel slightly on edge since the last time I went to the doctor I mc the next day. I know, I know it's daft. Boobs still sore, check ; low down cramps, check ; raging hormones, check smile

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Wed 10-Apr-13 15:12:16

Poor you weechops the things that make us nervous. Pretty much anything puts me into a complete panic.

I'm sure your ususual calm self will return soon.

Alexandra6 Wed 10-Apr-13 16:17:21

wee you were my 'staying calm' guru the other day and sounded so nice and chilled, hope you're still feeling like that most of the time! smile Remember it's a different pregnancy this time. I'm the worst worrier in the world though so really understand!

7 weeks tomorrow and one week from Sat for my first scan. Exciting!

This thread is not accepting new messages.