Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

Alexandra6 Tue 02-Apr-13 07:09:25

Could be your wee is less concentrated? Have you done a clear blue digi yet? Really, really hope it sticks, think it takes a while for the line to get darker though.

How far gone were you with your mc? Glad you've got a BFP so soon after (although I know when ttc or pregnant, time seems to slow down ridiculously!) Hope all goes well this time round.

Alexandra6 Tue 02-Apr-13 07:10:32

Oh and remember you can only compare photos, not the pee sticks, as they carry on getting darker over time.

weechops Tue 02-Apr-13 07:23:54

Thanks Alex I'm driving myself nuts haha! Think I'm worrying because yesterdays test wasn't even fmu and its darker than today's. But then on the flip side if I hadn't tested yesterday and only saw today's then I wouldn't be worrying! Think I'll test again later.

The mc in January was only 4+5 and another reason I'm beating myself up for testing so early. Can't win lol

It is the most worrying time wee, I think at 10/11dpo it would be hard to read anything into line strength as its so early you must only be talking of about 10hsg maybe less especially as your cheep test gave you a bfn at first and it takes 48hrs to double even that's only 20 where most test can still give you a neg, hopefully you get a stronger line later but try not to worry to much at this point!
I think it's definatly true you are more fertile after a mc as you've obviously got pregnant the first cycle you could with dh work, this pregnancy of mine was the first cycle after a mc too x

Kittenkatzen Tue 02-Apr-13 08:47:48

Oh yay weechops that's the most brilliant news! Sending you bucket loads of sticky vibes grin

Congrats on your second little boy littlemiss! Brothers close in age will be lovely - there's only 16 months between my DH and BIL and they've always been really close smile

We're a bit undecided about finding out the sex....we were a definite no to begin with, but the temptation to know so that we can choose a theme for the nursery etc keeps threatening to sway us!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!

wee - keeping everything crossed for you!! My lines were all faint and took the full 3 minutes to even appear until after AF was actually late and i tested 10 dpo, 12 dpo and 14 dpo. There was a line every time but it never felt like a proper BFP til i finally cracked and did a digi at 5 weeks lol Really hoping it's the same for you, a tentative start to a healthy pg grin

alex - we didn't find out the sex last time and there was a pause at hospital while they were waiting for DS to tell me it was a boy or cut the cord or something but we were both emotional wrecks lol so midwives ended up telling me. Still brings a tear to my eye! Decided to find out this time cos we have boxes and bin bags full of boys clothes and if we were having a girl I have a lot of friends with baby boys at the min who could do with the hand me downs but looks like we'll be needing them again!!

Also kitten, we didn't really 'do' the nursery til DS arrived, beyond painting it white and putting a new floor down and getting a cot/changing table. This time I would like to have it a bit more ready for new arrival tho so it's nice knowing it's going to be a boy! For DS we got him little jungle animal wall stickers and stuff, this time I feel an aquatic or maybe nautical theme coming on lol

Toilet training began in our house this morning to mixed success. We have had one wee wee in the potty and one poo...on the floor confused Not helping that I am feeling v queasy for some reason this morning. The morning sickness that just never ends!!!

Oh...another wee wee in the potty!!

MrsBri Tue 02-Apr-13 09:31:04

Congratulations, wee :-)

As everybody else has said, don't worry too much about the lines. Maybe wait a few days before testing again now though?

Kitten, we have painted our nursery yellow and have a circus / wild animal theme which will suit either sex. I'm so pleased with our choice of wallpaper which covers the doors of the built in cupboards. And DH loves it too :-)

It's so lovely and bright in there.

I think it'll be amazing to find out after I've given birth. May give me more incentive when I'm tired for the final push too!

Little miss I think the smell of poo and the sight is enough to turn anyone's tummy!!
I admire anyone who can wait to find out, I think second time is harder as once you have so much gender orientated things you want to know whether to sort or sell so first time is easiest but I wanted Laura Ashley bella butterfly wallpaper wink

kitty - I wanted girly butterflies this time too wahhhhh envy More racing cars and motor bikes for me! My consolation is that DS is a rather beautiful child with huge big eyes and long eyelashes and I used to be told what a pretty little girl he was all the time when he was very young. Not so much now that he is marauding around the place in his trainers, making a racket and giggling and shouting every time he burps lol Beautiful or not he's definitely a boy!

weechops Tue 02-Apr-13 10:53:59

So I tested again (i know, slapped wrist) with the same brand as yesterday and the line is a lot darker. So I am going to stop worrying and say 'woohoo I'm pregnant!'

littemiss good luck with toilet training. Ds took a few days to get it then he's been accident free ever since.

ted big congrats on your new little man smile

Just off to a party with my monsters now so will get a good read through of the thread tonight smile

I'm abit butterfly mad must admit and do make the most of girlie clothes but dd is very much a rough and tumble girl so not sure itl last.... She looked so much like her dad when she was born and very much like a boy, I think because she had lots of hair and it was really spiked like I'd done it deliberately lol
Yeay on the darker line kitten, you are defo preggo so put them away now < shakes stern finger! wink>

Yay weechops - no more tests for you!!! Glad to hear your DS got it quickly enough - going mad here lol

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 02-Apr-13 19:08:45

weechops I'm so pleased. Try not to stress about line strengths (I know it's impossible not too).

When I found out at 9dpo I did a frer test almost everyday for a week. Was completely panicked as the lines just weren't getting noticeably stronger. Very very best of luck.

weechops Thu 04-Apr-13 15:19:57

I keep feeling like af is on the way. Really low down light crampy feelings like light period pain. But that's normal isn't it? I hate how paranoid I am this time round sad

Alexandra6 Thu 04-Apr-13 17:33:45

wee I had that - and still get it a bit now. I think it is normal, I read somewhere that AF and pg symptoms are annoyingly similar at first!!

Just booked my early scan at 8 weeks for 20th April eek! I don't want the didlocam thing though (vaginal one) so hoping they'll be able to see it from over-the-stomach cam. What did other people have for their early scans?

MrsBri Thu 04-Apr-13 17:42:03

I had a normal scan at 8 weeks, Alex. Sure you won't need dildocam!

Wee, I've had period type cramps on and off all the way through. I think it is normal.

Kittenkatzen Thu 04-Apr-13 17:56:43

wee I still get those crampy pains on and off even now smile

Sorry no advice for you alex as I didn't have an early scan.

wee - I'm sure that's just implantation. Weird aches and pains come with the territory! First 8 weeks or so are just so nerve wracking, ESP after mc. All the bleeding I had in weeks 6&7 didn't help but here I am at 22 weeks so hang in there!!!

alex - because of bleeding I was brought in for an early scan at 8 weeks and didn't need the dildo cam lol that being said even on the swanky brand new machine in EPU there is still bugger all to see at 8 weeks apart from a little bean plus heartbeat so don't be disappointed - by the time 12 weeks rolls around there's a huge diff!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 05-Apr-13 21:06:07

wee I had cramping before af was due with this pregnancy and I had some spotting on af due day. Try not to worry I'm sure it's nothing.

How are our newbies doing this wkend? Alex? Wee?
How's the boss getting on ted? Is he a good baby?
Have we got any scans comming up?
I'm at the beeched whale stage, you know the Lying in bed and can't quite get up like a bug on its back

Alexandra6 Fri 05-Apr-13 22:39:58

My early scan is in two weeks tomorrow! and it's all I can think about
POAS today, you know, just for old time's sake and had one left over - weirdly it came up as 'error' even though I did it exactly the same?! Hope all is going well in my womb, if it's comfy and doing well, should be the size of a blueberry now! DH keeps whispering at my stomach "hello little blueberry, love you". So cute.
Kitty you sound like a beetle! Is it moving much?
How are you doing wee?

weechops Sat 06-Apr-13 06:55:50

I'm good thanks smile I've calmed down now, even more now dh is home, and I'm happy.
I feel really confident that things will be fine this time. So I have a doctors app for Wednesday and he'll refer me to the midwives and then its just a waiting game til the booking and scan dates!

Good to hear you guys have calmed down, I think that's a really good sign wee that you feel positive about it, Alex at some point tests can get bamboozled by the fact you have so much hcg in your system, I did myself this time and actually had to dilute wee with water to get a line, it tought me a lesson to stop lol good news about the scan, I think it will do wounders to reassure you!
I look like a beetle, dh tried to get sex last night, the answer was a resounding no and an are you crazy look! Yes baby moves loads all over but often feel like she's litterally about to fall out which isn't comfy!

Alexandra6 Sat 06-Apr-13 17:56:04

Poor DH has been told no sex until 2014 for us!

I wondered if that's what it was with the test. Either that or the POAS fairy telling me to stop testing!

wee you sound so lovely and relaxed, am going to try and copy you! wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.