Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

Im on phone too so cant cut&paste but just wanted to teach wishful, kiwi and lol our secret clubhouse handshake! wink

hurray to see us all together again...still lots of room for our other thread buddies!!

SunshineOutdoors Wed 02-Jan-13 20:03:19

Hello!

Wow! Kitten and weechops it's great news!

Can someone add me? Due 13th August

SunshineOutdoors Wed 02-Jan-13 20:04:07

Dc2.

Currently trying to get dc1 to sleep. One hour and counting...

Kittenkatzen Thu 03-Jan-13 09:46:02

Morning - stats update below - lol I couldn't remember if you already have DC or not?

I'm officially 4wks today! grin

Wishfulthinking1 - DC1 - due 7th April
Kittykatz - DC2- due 29th May
kiwi5 - DC2 - due 15th June
MrsBri - DC1 - due approx 20th June
BelissimaLol - DC? - due 7th August
littlemiss - DC2 - due approx 10th August
SunshineOutdoors - DC2 - due 13th August
kittenkatzen - DC1 - due approx 10th September
weechops - DC3 - due approx 14th September

Kittenkatzen Thu 03-Jan-13 09:46:37

Ooh and <waves> to wishful and kiwi gringrin

Ah good work on stats update kitten - 9 of us have arrived, plenty of room for more!!!

I've been up since 4am puking - mum arrived to look after DS ten mins ago and DH was able to go into work a bit late but sickness def getting worse rather than better - looking like I will end up signed off work which I was hoping to avoid but rest is really only thing that helps at all. Well I cant say I wasn't prepared!!

BelissimaLol Thu 03-Jan-13 10:19:24

Thanks kitten. It's my first grin

tedmundo Fri 04-Jan-13 17:05:07

Hello ladies and congratulations on the BFPs. It is LOVELY to see your names on this thread after our trials and tribulations this year.

wishful - you are just a bit behind me. I am due March 7th .. 31 weeks today. Celebrated this with an online purchase of the Maclaren Techno XT. I am tragically excited about my new pram.

My history is I have 2 DSs already and had a mmc back in March last year. The baby is due pretty much a year after I had the mc. Whenever I think of that I get the overwhelming urge to belt out Elton's "circle of life".

littlemiss - I have tried to read back but not sure I got the whle story. Have you had a bit of bleeding but now had an early scan that has reassured you? I really hope that the bleeding has stopped now and you can fully focus on the voming! grin

I was sick to week 19 and lost the will to live a couple of times. I had acupuncture and I truly think it helped. Who knows? DH is far more cynical and thought it was just my time to start feeling better.

tedmundo Fri 04-Jan-13 17:07:53

PS I see jacquihyde post on theads sometimes and I see she is pregnant too so another happy graduate. I will point her to this thread if I see her around.

I know she got banned but did kicktheguru get a sticky one after her BFP?? I really hope so.

Hi ted grin so glad to hear you are doing well! 31 wks can't believe it's been so long since I remember your bfp post!
Not sure whats happened with kicks pregnancy, the last post I saw she had changed her name to come back and post she was pregnant and was I think 7 wks

wishfulthinking1 Sat 05-Jan-13 09:22:58

Morning all-
ted - I can't believe you're so far along!! Mega congratulations! The baby I miscarried would have been due in 15 days. It gives me a funny feeling to think about it- I think singing Elton John might help- thanks for the tip!

kittykat- of course I remember you- I'm so happy for us all that we're here!

Kicktheguru got banned? What on earth did she do?

Wishful she got abit to opinionated on another thread I think, it was one with men on I remember but so many were deleted you couldn't get to grips with what had gone on, some sort of comment about walking around barefoot and pregnant I think although someone else may know more then came back under a different name and made some comment on our thread about the mn owners which they read that bit was quite funny don't think she expected them to be so on the ball, then she came back again a few months later literally for just one day ( I think her name was something with a pigeon) to say shed got a bfp as soon as she had got her levels to normal, that's as much as I know although I know a few people did keep in contact with email ( swimming without drowning I think) but havnt seen her around in ages either
Drama drama hey

tedmundo Sat 05-Jan-13 10:19:25

Morning ladies. wishful yes the due date was a tricky one so I just did lots of nice things and rubbed my tummy a lot to reassure myself! I hope you are OK.

I got a tesco delivery this am and had ordered some size 1 nappies. I can't believe how tiny they are! And that a bum is going to be in them so soon...

I think kick caused a stink on a wholly unrelated thread about something or other. No idea what about.

It is so lovely to see the old names here and I really hope that those left on the BFP thread can join us soon. It has to be time for some of them, if there is any justice in the world (and try reading that without humming the Lemar tune! Ha!)

Oh and wishful just seen your thread on bedtime etc if I was asked I'd recommend a book recommended to me called the sensational baby sleep plan, it was a godsend as I think what people presume is common sence isn't to a first timer with no experience, it only deals with sleep I didn't want to get tied in with what I should and shouldn't be doing to much as do believe all babies are different but works on how to get them to sleep through the night 7-7 , it does say about day time naps too ( and talks about minitors etc) but they are not rigorously unforced or you should do this and that etc as I have seen gina fords book read one page and thought hell no ( have a sip of water at 10 o'clock etc hmm er I'll have one when thirsty thanks) but its a good guide to how much naps they should have and how often to feed etc although very common sence, she does go against advice on something's and admits it and says its personal preference but recommends starting solids from 16wks etc but I was told read it use it as a guide and don't take everything to the letter I.e she doesn't recommend a dummy but if it's the only thing that works at a time for you then so be it, anyway for me and all my friends we have loved it and all our babies sleep through so may be coincidence but a good one ( and believe me if your not tired you can deal with anything else!!) hth

wishfulthinking1 Sat 05-Jan-13 17:49:13

kittykats - thanks for the advice-I've ordered the book from the local library so will take a look. I'm just so excited and there's so much to think about!!

ted - that's the first buggy I had for DS too! Really loved it but he got so tall so quickly and he was a chronic foot dragger so had to swap to a higher up off the ground one when he was about 14 months. Good purchase tho grin Yes, bleeding has all stopped now, just a complete puke fest for me at the mine tho. Left house for the first time in 3 days today, legs shaking, skin grey. Oh yes, pregnancy glow indeed!!!

wishful - I haven't seen your other thread but I had the Week by Week Baby Guide by Simone Cave and it's nowhere near as rigid as Gina Ford but had a couple of hints on daytime naps and sleep training. My DS is a handful in lots (and lots!) of ways, but he's always been a good napper and usually sleeps 7:30pm - 7amish. Hope you find something that works smile

Glad to hear kick got her bfp! Haven't seen her online in ages either, I knew she was getting tested for diabetes and I know that can make it harder ttc, so that's good news.

No news here, just sick and tired but pretty happy anyway grin

MrsBri Sat 05-Jan-13 19:09:00

That book looks interesting, Kitty. The reviews on Amazon make for diverse reading...normally either 1 or 5 stars. Not much in between!

I'll have to get it, I think, as I think it is better to start as you mean to go on.

So exhausted today. Hoping I get some more energy tomorrow :-)

Yes Nic I noticed that when I got it as I got it from amazon too and some people said it was more for formula feeders but I didn't find that at all, I bf exclusively and infact I actually identified something I had ( a white spot) that had shown mw that they were unable to tell me why I had it from it to do with bf ( she just doesnt berate parents who choose the ff) and it isn't a leave the baby to cry thing either as I wouldn't have liked it, just more about getting them to have their naps in the day but not longer then 3 hrs ( i didnt know you woke a baby up if it was sleeping in the day, i used to let my dd sleep for 4/5 hrs if she wanted) and lots of interaction then the opposite at night, really simple but effective
Anyway it may not be everyone's choice as we are so different but I loved it and it can never hurt seeing different methods and choosing what's right for you anyway!
Glad your bleeding has stoped now little miss, I'd wish you a swifty end to ms but it probably is nicely reassuring things are going well, here's to a quick 12 wk scan

Kittenkatzen Mon 07-Jan-13 07:49:43

Just marking place as you'd disappeared smile

weechops Mon 07-Jan-13 11:20:27

Just back from doctor appointment to tell him I'm pregnant smile In our area we tell the g.p. who then asks which hospital you want and then he informs the midwives there. I should hear from them in around 3 weeks with a date for around 12 weeks for booking in and scan. Oooh its all official now!

Kittenkatzen Mon 07-Jan-13 11:35:25

Ooh weechops that's exciting!! I'm a bit nervous for my appointment (next week) - in my area you have to see a midwife, who is attached to your "catchment" hospital, and if you want a different hospital you can ask for it but you have to tell her why and then she'll refer you confused

I'm nervous because my catchment hosi has a bed rep for maternity care and I want to ask for a different one, but don't much fancy a convo along the lines of "hello midwife, I'd like to give birth at Princess Royal please as I've heard East Surrey is a bit crap". Eek!

weechops - same system for us, and takes forever to see gp so it's a pain - i'd already been seen in epu for bleeding before i'd seen the gp lol got my proper booking appt thru now tho. Exciting!

kitten - there's two hospitals pretty near me, one is bigger and more central so its kind of assumed you'll go to that one but you can go to the other. I wanted the other for DS cos they hav a v well equipped, newly refurbed midwife led home from home unit but a couple of midwives who were attached to the gp surgery i went to then looked at me like i had 2 heads!! It's important that you feel comfortable with your choice tho rather than what anyone might think smile

GP has signed me off work for 2 weeks cos of sickness. Getting cabin fever in house on my own all day!! Greys Anatomy boxsets all the way lol

weechops Mon 07-Jan-13 16:00:32

Oo I love Grey's anatomy! Dh got me the season 1-8 box set for Christmas that I'm looking forward to working my way through ;)

wee - i'd never watched it until a couple of days ago but completely addicted now lol

MrsBri Mon 07-Jan-13 19:24:00

I had my 16 week midwife appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat :-) So amazing and exciting. Still don't quite believe it!

Sorry you're ill, Littlemiss, fx you're better soon.

This thread is not accepting new messages.