Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

SunshineOutdoors Wed 20-Mar-13 13:07:05

Thanks everyone! Hi Alexandra I know it's difficult but please try not to worry. I mean this in the nicest possible way but if it's meant to work out it will and if it isn't it won't. I don't think there's much you can do that will have an effect either way. Please enjoy each moment, you have got a bfp and that's lovely and amazing! But do talk here about feeling anxious because that could help you feel a bit better. I think all of us here are in the situation that it all feels too good to be true smile

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 21-Mar-13 09:02:27

sunshine that's great news about your scan, a boy smile

alex sorry you are panicking, I'm sure you will feel a little more secure in a few weeks.

I'm really worried about work. I'm not feeling too good, 8 weeks pregnant been getting severe headaches, nausea, vomiting and bone crunching exhausting.

Was off sick on Monday, struggled back into work on Tues & Wed. Dd has come down with a stinking cold and I was up with her all night. I am completely on my arse today, can't move without dry wretching.

Phoned the boss, his reaction was oh well give me a ring later about tomorrow because we have that day out together and a meeting with Jane (new person) and you need to show her the ropes all afternoon. I'm dreading it, if I feel the same tomorrow as I do today there is simply no way I am up to it. sad what the hell am I going to do?

Alexandra6 Thu 21-Mar-13 11:11:47

Oh when it's difficult with work isn't it - I've already had time off for lots of hospital apps to do with clomid/bloods/lots of scans so was also a bit worried then. There's nothing you can do though, if you're physically not up to it, they'll just have to work around you I guess - it's not like you're pulling sickies for no reason? Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon but try not to stress yourself out, I hope your work aren't being difficult about it?

I woke up at 5am and peed on a couple of sticks (I know, I know) - anyway the clear blue one has changed up to 2-3 weeks now! That's a good sign it's developing right?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 21-Mar-13 11:21:04

alex your post made me grin. Peeing on sticks at 5am, great news on the 2-3 weeks though.

I think you are right about work. When I am up to it I will work and if I'm not then I'm not and they'll just have to cope.

Kittenkatzen Thu 21-Mar-13 11:36:52

when can you ask your doctor to sign you off for a few days maybe? At least that way you can feel more "legitimate" about being at home. Like alex says though, if you can't do it, you can't do it - there is no miracle cure for early pregnancy troubles unfortunately and doing too much will only make you feel even worse than you already do....have some thanks

alex hurrah for the 2-3weeks - definitely a good sign!

Alexandra6 Thu 21-Mar-13 11:38:54

That's exactly the attitude about work I'm going to have - I'll work hard when I can, but my pregnancy and being well has to come first.

I am now banning myself from peeing on sticks until Sat morning! We're going to tell MIL then so need to check it's still there. Argh how have I only been pregnant for five days, feels like years - roll on week 8/9 scan!

Great news on the 2-3 Alex, it is definatly developing or levels wouldn't rise, good plan to stop for aslong as you can now, take a photo of today's result and just look at that when you feel the urge, a new one will not tell you anything different for a week so hopefully that will see you through
When, have you told work you are pregnant? If you are feeling worse then maybe if would be an idea so they understand why your off, you've had a good scan so chances of anything going wrong are very low and you may get more sympathy, you can tell him you don't want it to be common knowledge with anyone else yet?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 21-Mar-13 12:04:10

Thanks kitty he already knows.

kitten you are so right about doing more making it worse. I've been lying down in bed since 9am and feel human again. Don't know about going to docs, it would feel like I'm expecting to be sick tomorrow (quite likely espeac if dd keeps me up all night again).

Kittenkatzen Thu 21-Mar-13 18:12:06

Well tbh when you pretty much are expecting to be sick again tomorrow (sorry!). One of the main things the midwife said to me at my pre-booking appt was "don't overdo it" <stern face>. Agree with kitty that maybe you could tell just one person at work so that if you're feeling crappy they can at least help take some pressure off or engineer a quiet corner for you to take advantage of for a while?

Alex - I'm like you - a worrier!! I think it hasn't been helped by being really ill in my pregnancies, so much so that I'm still regularly throwing up and fainting at 20 weeks so it is very hard to make plans for nights out and holidays. The mc last summer did not improve things! So I totally understand the impulse to just stay in and keep your feet up smile At the same time, for the good of your mental health it's good to try and see friends/family and get out and about but if you're uncomfortable with pubs/clubs/boozy hen nights then just arrange dinner parties / meals out / coffee / cinema instead and have the best of both worlds!

when - so sorry you're feeling a bit rubbish. Keep your feet up, rest and really try and just think positively that you'll be feeling ok again soon. I've been telling myself that every week since sickness kicked in 13 weeks ago lol Much easier to just convince yourself you'll be ok than to worry about what will happen if you're still feeling sick tomorrow / next week etc.

We are thoroughly snowed in today and DS was up being sick last night so I am getting through a pile of laundry! Going to get him up from his nap in half an hour to bake some easter buns (not that i'll be letting him scoff too many in case he starts throwing up again!) and watch Monsters Inc. How bizarre to be baking easter cakes when the wind is howling and the snow is piling up outside!! Thank god for Lakeland heated airer to get all my sheets dry!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 23-Mar-13 08:09:42

littlemiss ooh ooh so excited. I have a Lakeland heated aired too. I love it so much cheaper than the tumble dryer.
I'm just glad I'm not actually throwing up, mostly dry heaving and so so tired. Feel ok this morning though - disclaimer - haven't actually got out of bed yet.

tedmundo Sat 23-Mar-13 09:26:07

Ladies, what a revelation! I will now by investing in a Lakeland airer. I have 4 yes 4 racks of washing in my kitchen right now. It is driving me mad!

when .. What happened with work yesterday?

littlemiss.. Was DS sick again? They pick up so many bugs don't they?

alex.. 2-3 yay! Enjoy telling the mil. It is so lovely to share the news. First grandchild for her?

Alexandra6 Sat 23-Mar-13 09:35:55

No fourth for her and I sort of feel a bit like she's 'done' the whole grandma thing, childcare during the day etc but hopefully she'll still be enthusiastic about ours. First one for my parents though! Haven't told my dad yet and can't wait to tell him, my mum was so happy.

Did anyone else have slight pains at the beginning where the baby is and is it worrying if they suddenly stop? My friend had stretching sensation and sharp pain when she laughed or coughed in the right hand side of her womb during her pregnancy esp first trimester. I was having that and could literally feel it but now it's stopped. Just wondered if it's ok to feel no pains or twinges or anything anymore?

I've never had twinges Alex, think I had mild back discomfort at about 9 wks with first pregnancy but non this time, then again I've never had af pain either, try not to compare your pregnancy to anyone else's as even all mine have felt different to each other, infact apart from boobs growing bigger ( I did put it down to luck at first lol) then baby moving I had no pregnancy symptoms first time
What us this dryer?! And why don't I have one?!?

Alexandra6 Sat 23-Mar-13 13:41:07

Thanks kitty I think I'm going crazy today, been googling and crying on and off since I woke at half six!! My boobs don't feel as full and heavy as they were the last few days, I really noticed a change in them and think they look back to normal today. Has anyone else had that coming and going? Terrified of mmc. Wish I could make myself relax!

tedmundo Sat 23-Mar-13 15:06:15

poor you alex, you are really stressing aren't you? i know it is a banal statement, but do try not to worry. as someone upthread commented, sadly nothing you do now will affect the outcome. stay healthy, go on your trips to help kill the time a bit, keep busy and know that the probability of the baby being well is far far far more likely than an mc.

the pregnancy will be full of odd twinges that come and go. dont read too much into them. mine were, more often than not, trapped wind!

Alexandra6 Sat 23-Mar-13 17:16:22

Thanks ted I've got myself into a real state! It's because I feel so normal today, I like all the twinges. Went to the loo and had some really thick white cm in my knickers, should I have that, I thought it was meant to be watery when pregnant?!?

Sorry I won't be like this all the way, promise. My in laws were thrilled, but weirdly I just feel more pressure now not to upset me and everyone else.

Alex crying and stressing sound pretty much full on pregnancy symptoms to me! Are you normally like this? Ill wager not therefore you can see its all the hormones surging around, just remember like ted said the mc rate is 3 times lower then a healthy pregnancy and mmc are much rarer again, to re assure you my cm changes all the time, I've had thick watery and ever yellowey green like EWCM so HONISTLEY everything sounds fine, I can understand why your so worried, it's your first and very longed for but step away from google, itl send you mad and I'm not sure you can say you've gained anything from it? Apart from maybe worry, as anyone will tell you a headache is a pain in the head but look for enough stories on Internet and you'll diagnose a brain tumour aswell! Maybe a internet ban even from mumsnet might be what you need for a few weeks to try and relax? Or try and focus in something else like reading a good book, go lie in a bath and rub your little tummy smile x

Alexandra6 Sat 23-Mar-13 20:39:57

Thanks kitty so much, that was exactly what I needed to hear. Exactly. DH is now taking my iPad away for the rest of the evening (being banned!) so have a good night everyone x

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 23-Mar-13 21:06:42

alex try not to worry, pointless advice if you can work out how to stop worrying please let me know. My midwife told me its normal to have more cm in pregnancy, so don't panic about that.

ted didn't go in yesterday. Dd still had a stinking cold and I was up all night with her. I didn't actually speak to the boss, left him a message and he didn't get back to me confused. The Lakeland airer is great, costs about £70 but I recon its been well worth it.

Feeling a bit better today - dd slept well last night and I had a lie in. Only thing is when I have more energy I throw up more. You just can't win grin

Alexandra6 Sun 24-Mar-13 10:40:34

Thanks when I'm sneaking on as DH has said I can use my iPad to order a book from amazon (he's not a control freak haha, this is because of the ban I've asked him to put me on to stop me obsessing!) Anyway feel better today for having some time off google! Oops he's caught me off I go!

Kittenkatzen Mon 25-Mar-13 10:22:39

Morning lovely ladies smile

when and alex how are you both doing this morning? Still pukey and emotional I hope - in the nicest possible way of course winkgrin

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Not much to report from me - 16wk check on booked for Thursday morning. Oh and think I may possibly have felt some first little flutters of movement this morning. Maybe.

MrsBri Mon 25-Mar-13 19:08:23

Yay for movement, Kitten...wait til you have the full on Alien effect like me! :-)

Hope everyone is OK.

Alexandra6 Mon 25-Mar-13 19:26:31

Yay for flutters!! I'm still being stressy and obsessive emotional, but I can't wait to feel flutters and alien like movement! Roll on first scan!

Hi all!

Busy on here smile Good to catch up on what you're all up to! Hope you're doing better when, and feeling less stressed and upset alex and yay for flutters kitten! Hope you get your airer ted! We should get commission from Lakeland at this rate wink

Freezing and snowy over here still and I'm heading off up the coast with a bunch of teenagers (for work) on residential tomorrow morning. Brrr!!!!

Have just been v busy finishing off a big freelance project (which will be helping pay for my mat leave so can't complain!) and I've been feeling pretty knackered apart from that so early nights all round.

Anyone got plans for over Easter? Think it's just family time for me with DH, DS and my mum and dad / in-laws. Might catch up with some friends - not sure about day trips cos of the weather but hopefully can get out and about the park/library/swimming pool anyway and next week is alllllll about the toilet training!! We also have our 20 week scan THIS Friday...when I'll be 21 weeks lol

Bonus of the snowy weather was getting DH to build a load of flat pack furniture for me this weekend lol Going to spend next weekend putting it all to good use so everything in play room and kitchen will be nice, tidy and organised grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.