Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 11-Mar-13 10:35:46

Congrats ted

Really sorry but I am still laughing because you only lost 6 pounds (step away from the scales). I'm do happy for you.

I keep thinking birth must be easier second time round but I don't think it's going to be.

Kittenkatzen Mon 11-Mar-13 11:55:59

Hurrray!!!!!!!!!! HUGE congrats ted, enjoy those quishy newborn cuddles! envygrin

MrsBri Mon 11-Mar-13 12:03:02

Congrats, Ted, lovely news :-)

Huge congrats ted!!! Your post was very funny lol think you will suddenly drop another half stone next week as isn't the placenta surposed to withhold the same as baby?! I think itl just be water retention
I'm sure baby ted is gorgeous! Do you think it was the induction that caused problems? Sorry to hear it was traumatic, I'm another nievely holding on the the belief births get easier confused

Congrats ted!!!!! Another boy, awww!!! I keep hoping I'm having a girl this time but there's something amazing about little boys and the way little DSs just adore their mummies grin Sorry you had a tough enough time of it but hope you're getting a good rest at home and def stay away from the scales for a while - fluid retention!!!

Heart burn city over here today ladies! Hope everyone is doing well x

twinklestar2 Mon 11-Mar-13 19:50:16

Congrats ted!

Ok when and fatas, where are we up to now, the scans must be on the horizon??

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 14-Mar-13 14:08:14

You must be psychic kitty had my scan today.

It's looking good grin. Embryo is dated at 7+6 (my dates put me at 7+3), heart rate is 162 bpm. Feeling like I can relax a bit now but knowing me I'll start panicking again in a week or two.

Oh when that's fab news!!! I love being brought forward too wink
No doubt the fear will creep in again I wouldn't last a week but from what you've seen the chances are very low it will go wrong now, enjoy ever second tonight that you've seen your lovely new little baby xx

MrsBri Thu 14-Mar-13 17:50:44

That's excellent news, When :-) And I agree re being moved forward. It's great!

Not long til you see baby again at 12 weeks too. Another milestone to tick off.

Kittenkatzen Thu 14-Mar-13 18:19:44

Woohooo congrats when!!

19 weeks today!! Over last few days I've been feeling occasional v light kicks, feels a bit like twanging tendons rather than an actual full on kick but I'd say that's what's causing it!! Sorry I've been AWOL this week, still v nauseous and I've been throwing up everywhere I go, snowed under with the extra freelance work which is going to pay for my maternity leave and I've been getting DS's new room all beautified so we can be way more organised than last time and get a nursery set up before new LO arrives smile

Now to go back and catch up on what I've missed on here last few days!

tedmundo Sat 16-Mar-13 14:38:04

19 weeks littlemiss .. Yay for that milestone. And an even bigger yay for the flutters. It is so reassuring. Sorry about the heartburn. I used to keep Rennes next top the bed to snack on during the night. And drink a lot of milk. I was surprised The Boss didn't come out looking like a cow.

when .. That is fantastic news about the scan. Oh I am so pleased for you. This is going to be a good year for us all. 13 is not unlucky for us!

the Boss is now a week old. He is utterly gorgeous and even the 3 hrs it takes to feed, wind, change and then settle him is well worth it. None of mine have ever been good aT settling at first but both older boys are champion sleepers now so I am not too worried.

I am still managing to get a bit of slap on in the mornings, shower and get dressed before breakfast and generally holding it together. But DH is still on pat leave so who knows if I can keep this up. I am a bit of a proudster and don't like to look like I can't cope. I can see myself getting up early to maintain control over this household! The boys are already aware that when I am distracted with the baby they can run a bit wild. Hmmmmmm.

We are off for a stroll at the local city farm now. There is a rare break in the rain and the boss has a bit of jaundice so needs some natural light.

The boss! I love it ted, picturing a mini Bruce Springsteen grin

Congrats on scan when!

Yep def think 2013 is shaping up to be a good uear for us all! All i'd like now is to be able to feel proper more regular kicks and to remember to stop sleeping on my back lol

MrsBri Sun 17-Mar-13 08:57:15

If I haven't felt baby in the morning I lie on my back...this seems to entice baby to move and kick!

Baby B has been demonstrating strength and lack of space / growth this weekend :-) Turning baby = ouchy! MrBri is currently playing press the foot, so baby is pushing back. They're having fun but it isn't so comfy for me!

I love The Boss too! I'm assuming that he doesn't look like Bruce?!

How long a gap til our next baby is due on here? Kitty, is it you next?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 17-Mar-13 11:02:13

Thanks ted the boss sounds very cute and well done for showering and makeup on in the morning, I'm impressed.

It's wishful before me mrs bri but she's been missing in action for a while, I'm may though, had 4d scan on fri, a little dissapointing as bubs still breech and she had her feet right up infront of her face for most of the time, was really hoping shed have moved as kicks gone higher but that was obviously just her tricking me with the old bent in half routine! Spent fri night watching tv upside down! Put a photo on if anyone wants a little look and you can see her foot perfectly !
The boss is a fabulous name ted he sounds like a character allready!
Yeay for kicks, won't be long before your complaining they hurt like me instead, breech= feet in fanjo confused

MrsBri Sun 17-Mar-13 16:18:18

I have what feels like kicks in the fanjo too, kitty :-( Really rather uncomfortable.

And I can feel baby still lying across the bottom, using the uterus like a hammock! I sometimes get higher kicks, but he always lays back down again. Still got a while before I need to worry though!

I hope your upside-down tv watching works too! :-) And May isn't that far away...exciting!

kitty - non-breech just means kicks in the diaphragm and stomach tho lol no matter which way round they go, those wee elbows, knees and feet seem to be designed for maximum discomfort! May tho...not long!!!

Alexandra6 Mon 18-Mar-13 16:22:32

Hi when and anyone else who remembers me from BFP 2013...I might be joining here soon! Got my BFP yesterday WOOOOOOOP! Only 12 dpo so trying unsuccessfully not get too excited but really hope all goes well and I can get comfy in here smile

MrsBri Mon 18-Mar-13 17:57:01

Hi Alex! Massive congratulations :-)

My 26+4 baby is an 11 DPO discovery too! Here's hoping for a dull, full term pregnancy for you.

Alexandra6 Mon 18-Mar-13 18:12:38

Thank you! I'm so happy to be here. How much did you test at first? Am

Alexandra6 Mon 18-Mar-13 18:13:34

Oops iPhone, planning to test daily for a week or two, is that overkill?! Just really hope it sticks!

MrsBri Mon 18-Mar-13 18:16:21

I only had 3 tests in the house, so tested Thursday and Friday. Got married on Saturday, then tested again on Sunday afternoon when we got home.

Then bought more tests at 6 weeks and did 1 more! And that was it.

After we paid for a private scan at 8 weeks I didn't feel the need to do it again :-)

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 18-Mar-13 20:03:31

Holy crap alex that's fantastic news. Really pleased for you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.