Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 05-Mar-13 10:34:14

ted sounds painful.

Come on cervix - start dilating.

Kittenkatzen Tue 05-Mar-13 12:26:18

Hey ladies, I'm back! grin Not actually been anywhere mind!

Eeeek ted so bloddy exciting, am sending you lots of cervix-dilation vibes and hoping for an announcement very soon!

littlemiss glad you're feeling a bit better now. I've been very lucky and not had any bleeding at all yet <touches wood>....although whenever we've got a bit amorous it has set off the most horrendous cramping which was pretty terrifying until google reassured me it was normal. Anyone else had that?

<waves> to everyone else, hope everyone's all ok. when how far are you now? How long till the scan?!

Ooh mrsbri I have a Very Important Question to ask you as I think you're about 24 weeks now aren't you? I have standing tickets for Muse at the Emirates when I will be 24 weeks - do you think I should plan on getting there early enough to nab one of the decent unreserved seats, or do you think I'll be ok standing? I'm already gutted that I'll have to avoid the crush at the front, but not sure if my inner Muser can cope with sitting down for an entire concert shock. Told you it was an important question gringrin

tedmundo Tue 05-Mar-13 15:00:50

Thanks for the vibes .. But little ted clearly has other plans. Back into hospital on thur or fri (depends when they have a bed) and they are going to break my waters and / or chemical hormones to get this baby out.

I am fed up to the back teeth with it!

kitten .. I did a gig at 8 months with ds2 and was fine standing. But it was The Leisure Society which is hardly a mosh pit! I bet you would be fine. Wear sensible shoes! (God I sound like my mother).

I just had a lurk on the BFP thread and just feel so awful for them all. I wish there was a magic wand I could wave for them. It sadly brings back so many bad memories for me as my best friend went through what some of those lovely ladies are going through. I really hope that they will be over here one by one very soon.

MrsBri Tue 05-Mar-13 15:14:50

I personally wouldn't want to necessarily stand for a full gig now, but I get really bad back and bump ache.

I think you should see how you're faring at that point and see how you think you'll do.

But there has to be SOME standing at a Muse gig!

kitten - I stood at a gig at 24ish weeks with DS - ppl kept offering me a seat lol I reckon you could stand ok if push came to shove but obviously a seat might be more comfy!

ted - ooh any more updates??? At least u know for sure baby will be here by weekend!!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 05-Mar-13 20:54:31

kitten I would grab a seat if it was me. You will probably be fine standing but it's nice to have the option.
I'm fine, thanks for asking, still crapping myself this is all going to go wrong. Have been really tired for two weeks but suddenly got a load of energy today, which makes me worry.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 05-Mar-13 20:55:16

I'm going to start chanting to little ted.

Out Out Out Out Out Out Out

Kitten I'd say you'd be fine but I personally would defo want a seat I think people will be happy to let you move etc though If they can see your preggers!
Ted well good luck for tomoz or fri, naughty little ted!
How long till scan when?
I had 28wk mw app yesterday, bit of protein in wee so sent off but I think it won't come back as anything- not too sure what it does indicate really except maybe infection? Or pe but sure it's not that as I didn't have it last time, feel fine and blood pressure low, naughty baby is breech at the min though hmm hopefully still plenty of time for her to turn but she seems very comfy where she is

Kittenkatzen Thu 07-Mar-13 07:50:02

Thanks for the gig advice ladies, think i'll plan on comfy shoes and see how it goes for the time being. I guess we'll be standing back out of the crush so I can always plonk my bum on the floor for a few mins to rest my feet if needs be rather then give up our spot smile

Any news on littleted yet?!

kitty sending baby turning vibes your way while she's still small enough for it to not be too uncomfortable when she does!

I'm 13 weeks today....2nd tri is on the horizon woop!! Have a meeting with work HR today to discuss my leaving date, am looking at mid-August - prob around 35/36 weeks with hopefully some flexibility for adjusted hours or home working before that as I have a really long commute (almost 2hrs each way)

After I finally kicked evil chest infection of doom I had a lovely week of feeling pretty normal but started coughing again on Tues night and feeling wretched again!! Going to try and avoid more antibiotics but feeling very sore, tired and shivery...so cross!! I've even been eating my 5 a day and glugging down berocca but its made no difference, my immune system seems to have disappeared confused

Good luck today or tomorrow ted, v jealous of you nearly being able to put pregnancy behind you!!

Hurray kitten - 2nd tri is a great milestone!!!

kitty - DS swapped between breech and a massively uncomfortable transverse lie til just past 32 weeks! You can try bouncing on a Pilates ball, resting on all fours or kneel on sofa and then lean forward to put your hands on the floor so your belly is just kind of hanging. Feels pretty weird but creates more space for baby to move and supposedly harnesses power of gravity to encourage baby to move head down. You can but try!!! Hopefully protein in wee is nothing too serious too smile

18 weeks tomorrow!! Only 22 more weeks of feeling sick ahead lol

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 07-Mar-13 09:46:29

kitten 13 weeks is excellent. Good luck with your meeting with hr. they should be able to reduce your hours a bit, it sounds very sensible.

littlemiss poor you. I remember when pregnant with dd if I got any cold it would completely floor me for about two weeks. The pregnant immune system is shit.

kitty still loads of time for baby to turn go breech again then turn again grin

I'm still really nervous, only 6 + 3 weeks, symptoms are coming and going. Shattered yesterday but feel fine today. I've told work but they haven't contacted me to do a risk assessment (I work in the field (sales rep)).

When's your scan when, not long to go and hopefully you will get abit of reassurance.
Little miss you are having a rough ride hmm seems like its your immunity that's taken a beating, are you still taking pregnancy vits? They may do nothing but my mw advised me to take them throughout this time ( I stoped at 12wjs last time) but have been quite lucky and only had one cold

kitty - yeah im taking vits but just seem to lurch from one virus to another!! Didnt have anything like this with DS so really surprised by just how run down i am this time. V frustrating just having to ride it out all the time, wd love to go bed with a lemsip&whiskey concoction and sleep for 16 hours!!! Luckily DH has taken afternoon off so hes taking DS off my hands a good bit. One cold?? So jealous!!!

when - wow 6+3, thats great smile

when -

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 10:49:02

Threw up this morning so that's a good sign.

I keep wondering how Ted is getting on. Hope it goes smoothly. I watched obem last night and had a little cry, I blame the hormones.

when - sickness is a good sign!! I barfed in the car y'day, DH was driving and DS was in the back and all of a sudden I just knew I was going to be sick (at 18 weeks! argh! life is unfair!) and I grabbed a carrier bag, tipped the contents out and started throwing up into it in one smooth motion lol DS was copying the horrible sounds I was making gleefully in the backseat...glad I'm good for entertaining someone

I know, I hope you're doing ok Ted! If baby arrived y'day then congrats and if you're going in today...good luck grin

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 13:47:27

That's what I was thinking little as I was hurling my cup of tea up.

Went in to see dh and dd with a big smile on my face "I just thrown up" like I deserved a medal. smile

I can't believe you are still sick at 18 weeks. That sucks.

Only pro is that a good friend of mine was sick the whole way thru and she was literally back in her pre-pregnancy size 10 jeans about a week after her DD was born! wink

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 09-Mar-13 18:34:07

Oh god do I feel crap today. Just cooked a roast dinner (what was I thinking). Couldn't eat any of the veg which is really odd for me. Just picked at the chicken and potato.

Spent the whole time I was cooking it feeling like I was about to puke. Having a lie down now. I have no idea how I am going to cope at work next week I feel like I am about to fall asleep all the time.

But still that sickness is making you feel better isn't it when wink lol
I'm knackered play world on your own with an18 month not the best thing at this stage if pregnancy it would seem, backs killing me! Dd had a good time though
Ted where is our update?!? Lots if good vibes and hugs your way thanks

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 20:31:53

Just popping my head in to see how tedmundo is getting on. And also to say you better be saving a seat for me grin

Kitty I was a breech birth! I always say I came out dancing smile Suits my personality!

Twinkle your seats been waiting, at the back with the naughty kids wink
I was a breech too, my mum can't even remember the birth as I think she was knocked out with the pain shock on the positive side she said I had a beautiful face as I was bum first, no cone head grin lol

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 22:40:03

Lol at no cone head!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 10-Mar-13 08:44:51

My dd had a cone head. I still thought she was beautiful. Dh said she looked like Brian More (I googled him and she did look like him smile)

I am assuming ted is very busy with a new born right now smile hope it all went well for her.

winkle - Yes, saving you a massive, big, 40 weeks pregnant size seat for you!!

Hope you and little un are doing good ted!

Happy mothers day everyone, hope those with kiddies got breakfast in bed! I did, then went to see my mum and now lying down with DS who is watching Peppa Pig while DS hammers some IKEA stuff into submission down the hall lol Off to in laws for dinner at 5 - hoping i have a bit of an appetite by then!!!

tedmundo Mon 11-Mar-13 10:00:51

Hi everyone. I posted from my phone in hospital but clearly it did not add the post to the thread! I am home, with ds3 and all is well!

Another boy... I can't believe it. No girlie shopping weekends in New York for me! SOB! only joking .. We are so happy to have another boy. It is a special set up!

I was induced at 9pm on Friday night, it kicked off super super quickly and I was begging for the epidural within 30 mins. Anything that could go wrong, did go wrong and it was a very traumatic time. BUT .. Finally out he came with the help of some forceps at 5.30am on the Saturday. We got home late last night. my milk came in today and he feeds well. we are all really happy.

Thank you all for being so interested. I cannot wait for the rest of you to give birth now.

The only downside is .. I weigh only 6lbs less than when I went in. And little ted weighed nearly 7 lbs. Un .. Fricking .. Believable!

This thread is not accepting new messages.