Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

MrsBri Thu 14-Feb-13 18:43:42

Hi kitty...a strange year for you too. I hope the new arrival can dull any upset of the anniversary for you.

I'm hideously busy at work still and also move house this weekend ready for baby.

And I had the joy of a trip to the labour ward today because I had some pink discharge. They checked both of us out and there wasn't any apparent cause, so everything is fine. Scary though :-/

Thankfully DH was able to meet me in Ormskirk, so he has now heard the baby's heartbeat, which is the only up side. Old wive's tale suggests girl for heartbeat speed!

Sorry I missed your post earlier, littlemiss. I hope you and DS are better very soon.

Kittenkatzen Thu 14-Feb-13 18:44:29

Ooooh yes when come and join us!! How exciting gringrin

littlemiss so sorry for you and your ds that sucks big time, hope you're both on the mend very soon, and hopefully the pg nausea will bugger off along with the noro germs!

<waves> to everyone else, happy almost Friday smile

tedmundo Thu 14-Feb-13 20:03:01

kittykat .. They are 6 and 4. Very different but both so, so gorgeous they hurt my heart sometimes when I look at them!

Can't wait for us all to be posting about the joys of feeding, sleepless nights and baby puke....

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 14-Feb-13 20:53:59

Hi everyone. Very very very tentatively joining thread.

This could get expensive, I've peed on 3 first response tests. The last one is marginally and I do mean marginally stronger than the one yesterday. I keep doing blind tests on them.
basically I've covered up the 9dpo and 10dpo I've written on the test sticks in marker pen. Juggled the sticks around a bit and picked the one with the strongest positive and the one with the strongest control line

5/5 times I've picked 10dpo as the one with the strongest positive

5/5 times I've picked the 9dpo as the one with the strongest control line to be honest it's really obvious this one is the strongest control

God I hope that makes sense, as you can see I am going slowly crazy. Dh has confirmed the marginal difference but he has also confirmed I have lost my mind. I have been informed I need to calm down a bit.

Anyway after all that mad rambling, hello it's so nice to see you all again. I'll try not to piss you off with my paranoia, I'm going to be a complete nightmare, you have been warned grin

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 14-Feb-13 20:54:35

Going to go and read this thread now. smile

Ahhh ted, that's so lovely smilesmilesmile
Dh often just goes to look at dd when she's sleeping and says I just love her so much! Plus that love just grows doesn't it, you can't imagine how it could but it does!
Mrs b, gosh you sound busy, getting that move under your belt will be such a big achievement and relief I bet, poor you with the stress today, glad it all turned out ok
Welcome when, the test dip sampling did make me laugh! I thought I was a poas addict but I've never played guess the age before grin

BelissimaLol Thu 14-Feb-13 23:25:48

Hi when gringrin
See, we are not that scary!!!
Stick around. We have all knicker checked every five mins and peed on about a million quid so you are in the right place!!!

tedmundo Fri 15-Feb-13 15:46:21

Can you imagine if we totted up what we have spent on ov kits, hpts, natural remedies between us all? God, ttc is an industry all by itself.

My little darlings have blotted their copy books this afternoon. Was having a lie down and heard the 4 yr old say 'mummy is going to be cross with us'. Cue me pelting down the stairs to see what the hell they were up to. They had rubbed the ink stamp sponge all over their arms, hands, feet turning them a deep blue. It does not wash off.

Ironically, mummy was not cross. I am just too tired to even give a shit. Rubbed at them with a damp cloth and now I am convinced the dye is no longer transferring, I have sent them on their merry way. Christ knows what DH is going to make of them later. They look like extras from Avatar.

Hello when! Hurray to see you here smile

ted - oh I love your DCs self awareness, mummy is going to be cross grin

mrsbri - sorry about your scare, v glad it turned out to be a false alarm phewww

kitty - the thought of two times DS frankly terrifies me too!! Fingers crossed this one is a bit more chilled out lol

Well we've stopped throwing up now & temps are back down. Feel hideously post viral tho, tired, cold, no appetite and absolutely no energy plus stuffed up nose and nasty cough. Could really do with a nice long hibernation!! 15 weeks today tho woo hoo! Where are u sunshine, you're my due date buddy!!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 15-Feb-13 22:15:53

Hi everyone, read the thread and wow you guys have been busy.

ted well d

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 15-Feb-13 22:19:13

ted well done for somehow stopping labour in its tracks

mrsbri sorry about the scare

little omg re your puking

Sorry I've not mentioned everyone, there's just too much to talk about. I keep changing my mind as to whether this pregnancy is going to make it. Didn't poas today which is progress but I think that's only because I've promised myself a crack at a first response first thing tomorrow morning.

Good luck with the frer when, let us know how you get on!
Good luck with house move mrs bri!
If you can avoid an arguement this wkend your a better women then me!
Ted grin at your story, little avatar scamps

tedmundo Sat 16-Feb-13 08:13:31

MrsBri .. I missed about your trip to labour ward. I am so glad everything ok. And lovely for your husband to hear the hb. Midwife told me the hb thing is a load of rubbish though..!

Kittenkatzen Sat 16-Feb-13 09:54:53

Yayy when grin <waits patiently for frer update>

mrsbri good luck with the house move, v exciting!

ted have to admit I laughed at "they look like extras from avatar" gringrin hope the ink fades, erm, soon!

littlemiss glad the puking has stopped, hope you both feel much better soon

<waves> to everyone else smile

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 16-Feb-13 10:13:46

Frer update. It looks a bit darker than Thursdays one but not massively so. I was getting really worried but then I nearly threw up this morning. My body invents symptoms for fun but this was very very real.

Feeling a bit more opitimistic now. 3 1/2 weeks to go till I get a scan, the time is going to pass so slowly.

Also just realised dh and I probably won't have sex for a year shock. I'll be way too nervous for the 1st trimester and if the last pregnancy was anything to go by my sex drive disappeared at week 16. Also dh doesn't find pregnancy remotely alluring.

tedmundo Sat 16-Feb-13 10:30:24

when .. We also didn't have sex for a while as I was so so scared of having a mc. That said, the research does not seem to suggest there is a direct link but I was just too frightened! But once I had felt kicks I was ok as I knew every day I could be reassured the baby was well and then we were at it again! reat news on that darker line and the nausea!

mrsbri .. Good luck with the move! Hope you set the in quickly.

kitten .. They had a really long bath last night and it has definitely faded. Little sods!

My ds1 wears an eye patch and for being so good about it, we are off to that huge Waterslide place in Swindon today to say well done. I will be gutted not to be allowed on the slides as I love a good water park! I have just tried on my swimsuit and it is VERY tight. not a good look.

MrsBri Sat 16-Feb-13 11:14:46

Hi all :-)

The move is happening...slowly! Bit boring not really helping, but I am allowed to clean, so am doing that at the old place. Thrilling!

Good news When re darker line and puking!

Ted, have fun at the pool. I'm sure nobody will take a second look at the pregnant lady in the tight cossie!

And how funny about your DCs and the stamping!

Littlemiss, hurrah for stopping throwing up. Must feel like an achievement! :-)

Right, I suppose I need to get going again. Boo!

MrsBri Sat 16-Feb-13 11:15:58

Oh, and as for sex...I was about to start again til my little scare. Not much hope now. Though if I bled after sex I'd know it was that, rather than my unexplained bleed!

I havnt had any sex either blush to scared first tri and as I have an errosion and gave had bleeding a few times they've said sex will agrivate it!
Oh well, for better for worse right wink

MrsBri Sat 16-Feb-13 13:08:36

I've perfected the art of the sympathy blow job ;-p

No sex here either, no bus either lol I'm too flipping sick, tired and ill lol ahhh romance!! Normal service may return if/when nausea lifts but until then not a chance!! I def wasn't this bad with DS, sex drive obvs went AWOL when puking was in full effect but pretty sure I was back to normalise by week 15 that time. Not this time tho!!

when - back away from the sticks!! Is af actually late yet? If not wait til just after af is due and then take a digi...seeing the word pregnant will make it a lot more real!! They arent as sensitive as normal tests tho so def wait a couple of days smile

ted - also love water parks!! Hav fun even without sliding grin

SunshineOutdoors Sat 16-Feb-13 17:02:41

Hello! Been away for a week in the Yorkshire Dales with no 3G signal on my phone so have not been able to keep up with you all.

Am very glad to see you here when

I need to read and catch up with rest of thread when I have time.

Had an awful night on holiday where we had swordfish steak as a treat for dh's birthday. Stupidly forgot I'd downloaded an app of foods not to eat until after I'd eaten it. Way tmi but I got so worried about it that an hour after eating it I made myself be sick and didn't stop 'til it had all come out. It was a harrowing night! But at least I'd already had lots of recent practice at puking. It will be ok won't it? I'm still paranoid I've hurt the baby in some way. Have got 16 week check up on thurs so will ask midwife then.

Sorry this post is all me me me. When I read back I'll find out how you all were, I just selfishly need to talk about that to you guys and hopefully get reassurance.

tedmundo Sat 16-Feb-13 17:59:37

Sunshine .. you will be fine. Esp if you got it out but i suspect you would have been fine anyway. God, it takes me back to uni days and I would do a tactical chunder to avoid too vicious a hangover.

Hope you feel refreshed after your holiday.

On our way home from swindon. Had a great day.

I'm sure you'll be fine sunshine, I've never met one person who hasn't eaten something from the banned food list!! I had scallops on valentines day and a mr wippy today!! The lists change all the time, remember they now say to have no alcohol but most people have a few throughout their pregnancy even just one on a special occasion, isn't sword fish just the same as tuna? Less then twice a week?

MrsBri Sat 16-Feb-13 19:45:18

I'm having a glass of low alcohol fizzy tonight...need a little drinky after the move.

My theory is if something hasn't killed / hurt me before probably won't now. Not that I deliberately go for banned foods, but if I fancy it, I have it. Every now and then won't hurt :-)

This thread is not accepting new messages.