Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

Hi little miss, in good thanks 24wks tomorrow and seems like a real mile stone as is officially a "baby" aparently have felt so anxious this pregnancy and seem to wish each week away, I'm sure you must be the same especially with horrible sickness I'm so lucky I escaped it as its the worst thing in the world sad
Dd has chicken pox so another week of illness in the kitten house and I have to book more time off work, she seems fine so hoping she won't get really ill or itchy

SunshineOutdoors Tue 05-Feb-13 10:03:18

littlemiss sorry to hear how you feel, don't go into work if you're not up to it.

Dh bought our house in 08 too... wasn't the best year was it? What was a great fixed rate mortgage at the time quickly became a rubbish deal! In laws have very generously helped us out with some house moving money, but it's still very tight, every grand we can get for our place counts, I'd love to sell really quickly but when you need to get near asking price it's tough.

SunshineOutdoors Tue 05-Feb-13 10:04:15

kitty I'm sorry to hear about the chickenpox. I think your dd's same age as mine, 18 months? Poor thing x

Yeah she is sunshine 31st aug baby!
She's soldiering on but think its the calm before the storm! Every time I change her she's got more spots and starting to get them in places a girl wouldn't want to itch!!!! Poor mite, ill be glad for her to get them out of the way before new baby arrives as I think at their age they have more resilience but its still never nice!
We bought our house in 2006 so again the wrong time but luckily don't need to move, it's horrible when you need every last penny as you don't have a lot of haggling power and can make it take longer sad

MrsBri Tue 05-Feb-13 12:15:15

Hi all

Hope everyone's OK and the sickness is subsiding.

Had my 20 week scan today (picture on profile) and didn't find out the sex. We think boy on hunch. Feel free to take a look at the picture and hazard a guess :-) Baby all very well and everything as it should be. Thank goodness. Rather excited now!

Any news, ted?

Not good re the pox, kitty :-( I hated having that as a child. I hope DD is better soon.

How was your appt, kitten?

Kittenkatzen Tue 05-Feb-13 15:31:00

Aww poor mini-kitty sad hope she doesn't feel poorly with it for too long.

Lovely scan pic mrsbri how exciting to see baby on the screen again...I'm agreeing with you on the boy hunch smile

Booking appt went well thanks, feel all official now! Will have to man up a bit before the real poking and prodding begins I think, I'm a massive wimp when it comes to needles and almost passed out when they took my blood confused

kitty - Oh wow, 24 weeks is a big milestone, that's amazing! Can't wait to get there! Sometimes pg seems so long but even thinking to myself this morning, only 26 weeks til baby actually gets here and when i think of how fast weeks seem to go by it seems like no time at all grin Sorry about your DD - my DS is a 30th Aug baby but from 2010. Virgos! He hasn't had pox but he did get a nasty foot and mouth infection one time, really horrible rash, high temp, miserable. Hope your DD feels better soon

sunshine - our in-laws have offered to help us out too with a deposit but in NI house prices are still falling so it's hard to know when the best time to buy again would be. In any event, my job is only secure til 2015 so bit apprehensive about taking another, potentially bigger, mortgage on. Eep! Anyway, our lease here is for another 12 months so once baby has arrived we might reconsider but happy here for now, but like you every grand we will get for our place is going to count so selling might feel like a bit of a uphill struggle. But good luck getting your place sold! I'm sure it will happen soon

kitten - hurray on feeling like an official pg lady now grin i almost fainted too lol i don't really mind needles but the room was so warm and i was feeling so sick i had to grit teeth and look away while they filled the little vials up. Yuck!!

mrsbri - oh very cool scan pic and congrats on getting the big scan out of the way. Also think...maybe a boy?!

Lovely scan pic Nic, cute little nose!!
My 20wk scan pics are rubish both this time and with dd both facing towards camera so strange skeleton faces! Must be a girl thing posing!!
Well done kitten you proper pregnant lady you!
Can't believe our little ones have a day apart bday little miss!!! You must get the same as me about the youngest in school, poor dd will be so weeny! She was 3 wks early too so not due till 21st sep!! When I see I only have 16wks left and poss less if its another early bird it doesn't seem long at all does it!

MrsBri Tue 05-Feb-13 17:52:25

16 weeks seems like nothing, kitty...it'll fly. When do you finish work? Bet you can't wait.

Is your house ready, or is that still happening?

Poor kitten, almost fainting. Hope you got over it OK. I think they get taken at 28 weeks too, looking at my green book.

Though my results went missing in paper form, so I've still no clue of my blood type / if I'm rhesus negative. 4 weeks til my next appt when I will finally find out :-)

Good luck to everyone trying to move house. It's a tricky time, isn't it? Fx everyone manages to sort it.

Our house Is fine although its just deciding whether to move dd into her "big girl" room and proper bed to give new baby the nursery, I feel really mean like I'm turfing her our although she does like her new room and often gets on the bed and lies down, she needs a new matress though and we've bought a side guard for it ready think we will start putting her in as a try at the end of feb!
I'm hoping to finish work end of April , I finished at just before 36 wks last time as had to use a lot of leave up then still only ended up having a wk before dd came, would like atleast a week or 2 with just me and dd this time but hard to know when to finish not knowing if this one is also likely to be early or typically do the opposite!

kitty - Im in NI and school year works diff so kids born in July / Aug are the oldest in the year! So ppl will prob think i planned having two august babies tho i didnt but i am glad for DS tho cos while physically he is v tall for his age and looks older he's still v babyish in.lots of ways, not a big speaker, nervous of loud noises etc. He wont start P1 til he's 5 tho and i think the extra year will really help him. We're also thinking about moving DS to a new room - need to stagger changes! Potty training in March, new bedroom in April, holiday in May, then starting with a different childminder in June and new baby in Aug. Also feel a bit guilty about moving him cos he's right next door at the min but other bedroom.is bigger and will have more room.for all his toys, plus will give him some peace & quiet when new baby arrives..

mrsbri - when they took my blood at 22 weeks they said i'd get a call if anything showed up. Hadn't heard anything so was
thinking everything was prob ok but tbh its prob just as likely they've lost results or havent actually tested it yet lol

oh dear time to get up for my first throwing up session of the day! Hello hg my old friend...damnit!!

MrsBri Wed 06-Feb-13 07:12:43

Littlemiss...it sounds like you have a sickness routine there :-( How long did it last in your previous pregnancy? I hope it finishes soon.

I don't think my bloods were lost as I had them taken in the hospital. The midwife said it was the paper results which had gone AWOL, but they would be on my.computerised records so my midwife can call at my 24 week appt to get them. There's no computer in the midwives' office in the hospital else I could have had them there and then. Or that's what I was told. We shall see!

MrsBri - HG is a killer!! The really awful part started to pass after 14 weeks with DS but I just had to be really careful not to get over tired the WHOLE FLIPPING WAY THROUGH because I'd pay for it the next day and the sickness would return confused So I'm 13+5 now (tho i know i said 22 weeks above...shoulda been 12 lol) and feverishly hoping that I'll start to see some improvement next week and will eventually be able to start cutting back on the anti nausea meds. Tho I did have a friend who had her baby in December who was sick right the whole way through her pg. Stress!

Hope everyone's had a nice day, back early from work and just having a nice cup of tea and putting feet up smile

Hi everyone how are you all feeling?!?
Has anyone's sickness eased any??
The pox look like they are on the turn in dd, she's been a little trooper! The only thing is she's now got conjunctivitis, sure it's all linked but she's so fed up of creams, medi's eye drops etc and a feel auful everytime I have to pin her down sad the worst part of if all I think,
Got to 24wks on wed, very chuffed as I officially have a baby now would you believe!!!

tedmundo Sun 10-Feb-13 13:26:51

Hi ladies, the baby is still in there for now but I feel so tired now. 36+2 and counting .... I should be ironing or playing with boy but I am on chair MNing. Lazy mare that I am!

kitty .. Your poor dd. what a week hey?

mrsbri.. Congrats on the lovely scan. I am also waiting on a surprise. The world and his dog have already decided or me that I want a girl. No one believes me when I say I truly don't care!

MrsBri Sun 10-Feb-13 13:35:12

I think you can be excused, Ted. Pregnancy is very tiring. My DH does do much for me now I feel very guilty. Not so guilty as to stop him though!

We just want a healthy baby. And that is all I was interested in at the scan...any thoughts of finding the sex out which I thought I may have went out of the window! Even though we think boy, we really don't have a preference.

Not long now for you, anyway :-)

mrsbri - totally agree, i'd kind of like a girl after already having ds but when i get to 20 week scan all i'll care about is that everything is ok!

ted - i say enjoy putting your feet up before you're plunged head first into new born timezone!

kitty - 24 weeks!! 10 ahead of me envy glad your DD is starting to feel better

Well ladies i am thoroughly In the doldrums! It has been cold, grey and relentlessy rainy for 2 days straight so DS going stir crazy but cold i've been fighting all week has moved into my chest so not in the best form to entertain him - every time i cough i wretch and threw up my whole lunch that for once i had actually felt hungry for confused plus some combination of conjunctivitis/coughing/wretching has given me heaps of broken blood vessels in my eyes. I am a flipping shivery, coughing, stuffed up sick mess. Sorry rant over...just getting fed up! Ready to start 'glowing' any day now...

Hope everybody's well x

Oh little miss if its not one thing it's another, I had a shitty cold two wks ago and it really is the pits especially when you can't take anything for it sad
Lets hope your getting all the bad things over in one go so the rest of your pregnancy will be the smoothest of sailing!!
Ted - cant believe your there allready, partly envy but at the same time thinking god how would I manage with two lol ?!?!
dh has been working all wkend long nights so seen him for 10 mins and had dd alone, I know that's not that hard but god she's run me ragged, I feel so exhausted only to think its work tomorrow and another wk starts again! Feeling sorry for myself as it is hard looking after an 18month who loves mischief but aware some people are single parents, how do they do it, this is honestly the first time I've sat down all day, ill never know why I thought 3 cats was a good idea either?! Wet weather and cleaning just don't mix!!
Rant over!

Kittenkatzen Tue 12-Feb-13 07:42:14

Ah here you all are, I lost you!

Hope everyone's having a good week, any sign of that glow yet littlemiss?

No exciting updates from me. Dating scan is two weeks today, each day feeling like a week at the moment. Am supposed to be on a pub quiz team with some friends tomorrow, no idea how i'll cope seeing as I can't seem to stay up past 9.30 at the moment confused

Afternoon ladies! My cough is still pretty atrocious but out of hours dr gave me good eye drops for my poor blood vessel wrecked eyes and got honey and lemon glycerine out of boots earlier. I have a feeling this might be bronchitis and i'll need an antibiotic but i'm taking DS to gp on thurs morning so i can ask then, and hopefully the syrup will tide me over and stop me wretching as much til then. It's not fun being up the duff in flu season, no it is not!!!

kitten - glad you found us again! good luck with the pub quiz, hopefully being the sober one will give your brain the edge! Hate the pub when I'm booze free, feel exhausted by about half 9 too lol Oh well at least there's peanuts and appletiser grin

kitty - i know! i am not finding it easy between work, looking after DS, nausea and now this bloody cold from hell to keep up with housework at all and im really wondering about what it'll be like when there's another baby to add to the mix!! Just keep telling myself that only boring people have very tidy houses lol and also that only crazy people expect pregnant ladies with toddlers not to be living in the middle of pure chaos!!

Ehh it ended up being norovirus for both me and DS - had quite a scary trip to out of hours last night, pumped us full of liquid paracetamol and zofran, then had to keep waking DS all night and force feeding him teaspoons of water. Not fun! GP thinks we should be on the mend by tomorrow - typical, finally getting pregnancy nausea under control with meds and then get sever vomiting bug. Facepalm!!!

In case anyone hasn't been lurking on the original thread I think we may soon have another graduate over here to join us in next few days..cough cough when cough cough grin

tedmundo Thu 14-Feb-13 17:13:50

littlemiss oh you poor thing, and your poor DS too. You must have forgotten what it feels like to keep down a belly full of food by now eh? And oh, I can just imagine how popular you were waking the DS for his spoonful of water! Was he foul? My 2 are not good at being woken from a deep sleep!

whheeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn where are yoooooooooooou??????

tedmundo Thu 14-Feb-13 17:45:03

Righto, boys are fed now so I can MN with less guilt!

kitty .. I feel your pain, I really do. The whole toddler phase is exhausting anyway, and then throw absent husbands and pregnancy into the mix and it makes you a bit twitchy eyed. DH rarely home before 7 (although since the pre term labour episode he has been making an effort to get back for 6.15), so I have done teatime, bathtime and bedtime alone for years. It is one of the reasons I decided to be a SAHM.

But do not worry, you will be fine with two. DS2 is a real darling - much less of a diva than DS1 and I am sure that is because he just had to fit into the existing world. Now, the thought of three is starting to scare me a bit...! Oh well, too late now.

I had a consultant meeting yesterday (I have a very immature crush on the consultant!) and the baby is head down and partially engaged so now I just sit and wait for labour.

Oh god, I can't wait to post that the baby is here. It is 1 year anniversary on the 12th March of my mmc and I just want the baby to be here by then. What a crazy 12 months it has been.

On another note, my wind is out of control!! I need to sort it out, it being Valentine's and all that! What are those darn babies doing to our insides?

MrsBri Thu 14-Feb-13 17:50:12

Ah yes...DH despairs at my wind, Ted!

I can't imagine 3 children, it has to be said. :-)

And here's hoping baby comes soon. You're right though, up and down year for you.

Thank you ted, have to say the thought of two really starting to scare me!! How old are your two?
Really could be any day now couldn't it! It has been a rollar coaster year for you hasn't it! My mc due date is the 20th may and dd2 due 29th so almost the same kind of time frame, could be before as dd 3 wks early but who knows, it will be a very strange time whatever I think
Poor you little miss, you have really been tested! I guess you wouldn't even have guessed you had the noro virus with hg anyway but having to look after a poorly boy too! Can't imagine waking my dd for a sip of water, not happy would be the biggest under estimate!
How are you mrs bri? Still as busy at work??

This thread is not accepting new messages.