Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013 Part 3 - happy new year, happy new thread

(1000 Posts)
dinkystinky Tue 01-Jan-13 09:39:03

Happy 2013 one and all!

TinkyPeet Thu 03-Jan-13 09:44:51

Hi all. Been loitering in the doorway for a while, ok to join? I'm 11+3 due 22/7 with dc3. Had a scan already but got another one on 11/1
smile x

dinkystinky Thu 03-Jan-13 09:58:24

Welcome Tinkypete - copy the list above from Penguins post and stick yourself on with your due date.

MrsRoss26 Thu 03-Jan-13 11:22:07

Apologies, I posted on the old thread without reading about the new one!

Thanks to those who replied to my question on the booking-in appt. and scan. I'm not surprised they don't do it at the same time, though quite disappointed! I'll be 11wks tomorrow, so I was hoping for a scan pretty soon.

I've avoided the sales for maternity wear and baby things so far - waiting on the scan so I may miss out entirely. But I did have to buy new jeans as everything has become so much tighter recently. I'm really looking forward to having a proper bump though - surely one of the best bits for those of us without the flat tummy to begin with? grin

Quinandthem Thu 03-Jan-13 12:37:48

mrsRoss i definately didn't have a flat tum to begin with - but i now wish i did as i would know what was baby bump and what was just fat...

on the positive note - i did loose weight before i got pregnant so i have now just gone back to my bigger trousers as i filled out in my waist quickly.

don't know if i can bring myself to buy maternity stuff yet - my husband wants to go to one of those discount villages to get stuff for him but i'm not sure if i want to.

i also can't wait for a proper bump...

14+4

emblosion Thu 03-Jan-13 12:44:42

Just popping on to say welcome to all the new ladies & congrats to everyone with good scan news.

I've exams next week so might be a bit awol for a while, trying to get some revision in while ds is asleep !

Supershiv1 Thu 03-Jan-13 12:55:50

Hi all.
Just very quickly. I have a very wriggly baby in my belly.
All seems fine & I'm still to go on my dating scan on tuesday next week.
When I saw the screen I couldnt stop laughing as Ribena was bouncing so much. MW told me to try not to laugh so much next week!
I suppose everyone reacts differently and I did my crying in a&e on new years day. Xxx

MightBeMad Thu 03-Jan-13 12:57:13

Hi all! Found yesterday that h&m look pretty good for reasonably priced maternity wear. Got some comfy skinny jeans and a top. Can't wear them until after my scan though as they make it very obvious I'm pg!!! blush

11+2

MightBeMad Thu 03-Jan-13 13:00:46

Oh shiv that's fantastic news!!!!

wifey6 Thu 03-Jan-13 13:10:03

shiv smile smile That's wonderful news

esme80 Thu 03-Jan-13 13:14:50

Congrats on the good scans!

I also want a proper bump. I am showing, but at this stage it looks more fat and frumpy than pg. DS is napping and I am busy eating everything in the house. Making up for the weeks w morning sickness. Thats going to help the waistline!

Welcome everyone new!

BadMissM Thu 03-Jan-13 13:18:03

Duly updating list with myself added in:

CottonSocks - 1st July
QuinandThem - 1st July
Badgerwife - DC2 - 1st July
Cutandstick - 2nd July
Runswithsquirrels - 2nd July
Thinkingof4- DC4 -2nd July
Persuasion - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup - 3rd July
BB01 - 4th July
Dinkystinky - DC3 - 4th July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
wifey6 - 5th July
Notprincesskate - DC2 - 5 July
OhGood - 5th July
PenguinsInThePantry - 5th July
marmitemad DC2 - 6th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
TheQueensChristmasDinner - DC5 - 7th July
Abzs - DC1 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
Emblosion - 12th July
mysterymeg - 12th July
Princessllama - DC3 - 12th July?
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Thundercatz - 12th July
Twirliedobbit - DC4 - 12th July
MrsMillions - DC1 - 13th July
Hai1988 - 14th July
LittleFlower888 - 14th July
Tashtastic - 14th July
Lizincornwall - 15th July
Mizar - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
paolocee/donna - 17th July
Supershiv1 - DC1 - 17th July
missmaybe - 18th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
photographerlady - 18th July
GingerJulep - DC1 - 19th July
Niktasha - 19th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
AmaDablam - DC1 - 21st July
Beaditsback - DC2 - 21st July
butterflyexperience - 22nd July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 22nd July
BadMissM- DC2- 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
ArkadyRose - 24th July
Boostar - 24th July
Cantreachmytoes - 24th July
Grannyapple - 24th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Sashabella0 - 25th July
MrsRoss26 - 26th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
marimama - 27th July
YikesHereWeGo - 27th July
Flyingsprocket - 31st July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

emblosion Thu 03-Jan-13 13:57:29

Brilliant shiv so glad all is well x

shelley72 Thu 03-Jan-13 14:02:40

good news shiv, glad you have a wriggly baby smile

shelley72 Thu 03-Jan-13 14:04:10

actually on another note, did anyone watch OBEM last night? it seems there are only two birth options (VB or CS) and neither of them appeal to me that much. will a new method be invented by july do you think <hopeful> grin

dinkystinky Thu 03-Jan-13 14:38:31

Shiv - glad you had a good scan.

Shelley - I cant watch programmes like OBEM - in fact I've never seen an episode of it! I figure everyone's birth experience is different so why put myself through someone else's... Though who knows, maybe there'll be a button you can press and the baby emerges at some point in the future...

Persuasion Thu 03-Jan-13 14:51:17

shiv so pleased for you, that's good news! Also congratulations to others with normal scans (I'm on my phone so can't go far enough back to name check).

And welcome to all the de-lurkers!

Sorry to anyone I scared by starting the pushchair talk, but it has been useful I think for a first timer like me gathering info from others who have done it before is really helpful. I do like to plan (although don't think I'll be buying anything for the baby until after 20 weeks at least).

Now I'm going to moan! So I apologise in advance. My MS had just started to be less bad but now I've got a cold and it seems to be worse again (severe nausea but no vomiting). I can't take naything for my cold, and it just seems to be draining the energy out of me. I'm exhausted. I'm not unwell enough to justify time off work, but am so tired I barely know what to do with myself. Right <looks up from wallowing in self pity, shakes self off> moan over. If anyone has any practical suggestions on how to make myself feel better they would be most welcome!

Persuasion Thu 03-Jan-13 15:08:39

shelley somehow I doubt any other options will become available before July. I've recorded OBEM, I quite enjoy it but know that they always pick the most dramatic, and don't see it as research, just interest in human interaction. I can see why you might avoid though, and wonder if I'll feel different watching it now I'm pregnant myself?

dinkystinky Thu 03-Jan-13 15:13:51

Persuasion - lemon and ginger tea with lots of honey in it is my go-to cold remedy in pregnancy. Keep well hydrated and rest where you can - early nights and lots of sleep. Eat vitamin c and zinc rich food to help boost your immune system too. Hope you feel better soon.

emblosion Thu 03-Jan-13 15:48:21

Shelley ha ha, I live in hope - star trek style teleportation of baby out of womb would be my preferred option!

shelley72 Thu 03-Jan-13 15:59:57

me too emblosion. i was watching thinking bloody hell. a baby has to come out of that - and i've done it both ways before!!! i like OBEM from an entertainment pov (though i loved and much preferred 'the midwives' on bbc2) and at least its giving DH pointers on how best not to annoy me when the time comes. still not sure that i actually want the baby to come by either method though, and having to decide is going to be awful shock

Twinklestarstwinklestars Thu 03-Jan-13 16:42:05

Pleased your scan went well supershiv.

Had a good scan today, apart from baby being curled up so after being in agony needing a wee she made me empty my bladder! Won't bother drinking loads next time.

Has anyone told young dc already? we told our 2, shouldn't have said to 3 year old we'd go to hospital one day to get baby as he got in the car when I picked him up after scan and he said "where's my baby then?" Gonna be a long time until July!

Devilforasideboard Thu 03-Jan-13 16:49:59

Hello all! Yet another one de-lurking here after a successful scan. I'm 13+1 with my first following three and a half years ttc and one round of IVF. Had a scan on Weds but as we've opted not to have NT it was just a chance to be amazed by seing a baby in there! I managed to drag DH out to look at prams and other practical stuff today which was a bit scary. We consoled ourselves by making our first baby purchase of a spiderman body suit smile I also bought some maternity tights, some lovely cords and a top from H&M. They're so comfy I've decided I'm never wearing normal clothes again.

CottonSocks - 1st July
QuinandThem - 1st July
Badgerwife - DC2 - 1st July
Cutandstick - 2nd July
Runswithsquirrels - 2nd July
Thinkingof4- DC4 -2nd July
Persuasion - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup - 3rd July
BB01 - 4th July
Dinkystinky - DC3 - 4th July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
wifey6 - 5th July
Notprincesskate - DC2 - 5 July
OhGood - 5th July
PenguinsInThePantry - 5th July
marmitemad DC2 - 6th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
TheQueensChristmasDinner - DC5 - 7th July
Abzs - DC1 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th July
Devilforasideboard - 10th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
Emblosion - 12th July
mysterymeg - 12th July
Princessllama - DC3 - 12th July?
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Thundercatz - 12th July
Twirliedobbit - DC4 - 12th July
MrsMillions - DC1 - 13th July
Hai1988 - 14th July
LittleFlower888 - 14th July
Tashtastic - 14th July
Lizincornwall - 15th July
Mizar - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
paolocee/donna - 17th July
Supershiv1 - DC1 - 17th July
missmaybe - 18th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
photographerlady - 18th July
GingerJulep - DC1 - 19th July
Niktasha - 19th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
AmaDablam - DC1 - 21st July
Beaditsback - DC2 - 21st July
butterflyexperience - 22nd July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 22nd July
BadMissM- DC2- 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
ArkadyRose - 24th July
Boostar - 24th July
Cantreachmytoes - 24th July
Grannyapple - 24th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Sashabella0 - 25th July
MrsRoss26 - 26th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
marimama - 27th July
YikesHereWeGo - 27th July
Flyingsprocket - 31st July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

shelley72 Thu 03-Jan-13 16:52:00

we have told our DC (DS age 5 and DD 2.5). DS much more excited and asks how the baby is doing every day, DD not too fussed at the moment but likes to poke my tummy shock. DS has been busy sorting out which of his things he could give to the baby, and whether to teach it his numbers or sounds first! he kisses my tummy and sings to it already though which is so sweet. he was the same when i was expecting his sister, he's a lovely boy. think his sister may be more of a challenge though will be bribing her with a present when baby arrives.

MightBeMad Thu 03-Jan-13 16:54:03

He he twinkle! Love your ds's reaction!

I love love love obem!! This time around I'm going to have a obem birth - you know, contractions, pushing, baby appears, everyone eats tea and toast, cuddles and phones relatives with the good news grin. I won't scare the first timers with my first birth story but obem makes me live in hope that it can happen!

elliejjtiny Thu 03-Jan-13 17:16:49

supershiv Great news on your scan

shelley I reckon by the time our DC's have children there will be a painless method. Then we will sigh at our DD's/DIL's and say how it was so much worse in our day!

We've told our 3 boys aged 6, 4 and 2 but we don't talk about it all the time and I think DS2 has forgotten. DS3 didn't understand anyway I don't think. Still haven't plucked up the courage to tell my mum yet.

13+6

This thread is not accepting new messages.