Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant and breastfeeding

(28 Posts)
jennimoo Mon 31-Dec-12 07:53:31

I can't seem to find a thread for this so have started this one! If I've missed it let me know.

I'm 5 weeks pg with DC2 and BFing my 2.3y DD.

BinarySolo Wed 23-Jan-13 06:52:44

It was general advice from the midwife. She didn't entertain the possibility that I might continue! I'm happy to carry on if I can get down to just too feeds, otherwise I'll never leave the house!!

ChocolateCoins Thu 24-Jan-13 22:32:54

I really really need to night wean DD. We co sleep and she wakes up 8+ times a night. I'm also getting breastfeeding aversion quite badly at night. I can't stand the feel of it. But I have no idea how I'm going to do it without massively upsetting her. She can't get to sleep without boob. Plus my supply has basically gone. I never see her swallowing and I can't even express one drop.

My book finally came. It's nice to have some proper information to read.

BinarySolo Fri 25-Jan-13 06:31:30

ChocolateCoins it might be easier than you think. My ds is 21 months and we started night weaning last friday. We also co sleep.

With night weaning my ds I just kept saying no but hugging and reassuring him. He threw himself about and cried, which probably lasted half and hour until he was exhausted then slept through until 6! This is unheard of as he would wake a minimum of 4 times a night.

Next couple of nights there was a lot of fidgeting about to get to sleep followed by a half hour of agitated crying a few hours after bed then no night waking until about 5. One night I breastfed him to sleep, but then he slept through.

Last night he fidgeted to get comfy for about 10 mins then slept through to 5.30 and has resettled himself and gone back to sleep! I honestly don't know if I've just been lucky but it's been fairly easy. Only thing is not to give in initially, which is hard. We even managed to get him in his own cot for a few hours one night, then he woke and came into us, but settled to sleep more or less straight away.

Dh and I are getting a much better night's sleep and like you I was starting to get an aversion to the night feeds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now