Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012 - Last but not least

(282 Posts)
annelid Sat 29-Dec-12 07:54:54

New thread for us stragglers!!

emilyeggs Thu 03-Jan-13 08:51:03

Alison that's wonderful news, finally all together grin

Argh! SIL Has just nicked our boys name!

Oh Terry sad

Namechangedembrassedmum Thu 03-Jan-13 09:55:55

Dont worry terry happened to us with dds name!

yuletopian99 Thu 03-Jan-13 10:33:27

Oh no! We have 3 sets of close friends due in March so I think (hope) they're all relieved we've not used their choices..

yuletopian99 Thu 03-Jan-13 10:35:39

(I already have my heart set on a name for ds2 if we have one though, hope no one picks it while we wait to try again!) blush

terry can you use it as a middle name? Or have any other back ups?

Well it's ok, maybe we can use as a middle name I suppose. They won't have done it on purpose, that's the main thing, but so frustrating! DP definitely told his brother what we were planning for a boy and so did I to SIL but I think they've just totally forgotten rather than saying 'ooh lets have that!'
I can't blame them, it's actually her dads name (but also my DPs name!) but they had said they didn't like it!
Just blooming frustrating, as now we will have to think of another one. DP said he thinks we can still use it but I think two cousins born within a couple of weeks of each other ought to have different names!!!

Hormonalhell Thu 03-Jan-13 16:17:07

Yuletopian, no its filmed at Leeds General Infirmary.

Well yet again I had a false labour hmm tightenings stopped last night after a whole 24 hours of them coming every 10 mins, surely they can't have been Braxton Hicks tho???

Went to hosp as they called me in as protein in urine, had raised blood pressure and so needed bloods doing waited 3 hours for results (crossing fingers all the while hoping they would say they would induce me) only to be told to go home and come back sat for it checking againconfusedconfused

To say i'm pissed off is an understatement

mwahmwah Thu 03-Jan-13 20:21:08

One more day till my little lodger is forcibly evicted, wonder if she'll appear before then??? Crystal balls anyone?

SilverLake Thu 03-Jan-13 20:54:14

Three more days till my not so little lodger is also evicted...i've given up any hope that he'll appear before then.

Namechangedembrassedmum Thu 03-Jan-13 21:06:43

Ive got until 16th jan!
This is going to be long winded.

emilyeggs Thu 03-Jan-13 21:14:21

No eviction date hear but fx

yuletopian99 Fri 04-Jan-13 05:19:31

mwah and silver, my labour set in in earnest only once we were actually on the induction ward waiting for hormones - but before they had a chance to give me any! Happened to clarella i think too, and someone from our NCT group, So the threat may be enough.. grin

I think I might be in labour ladies!!!
Have had loads of niggly contractions over last few days, not really painful ones but more heavy tightenings. woke up this morning at 3 am with a large bloody show and started contracting every ten mins even lying down in bed, which hasn't been the case, i.e. when i go to bed they tend to stop. I also thought my waters might have gone at same time as there was a bit of a wet patch in my knicks, but may have wet myself a tiny bit when i got up as i now have a pad on and it's not really soaking through!blush
I took 2 paracetamol at 3am, and contractions are now every 5 minutes and I've had to get up so as not to keep disturbing DP by breathing through them loudly!
(he just got up and came downstairs to keep me company but I've sent him back to bed to get some sleep!)
so fingers crossed this is it and not another false bloody labour hmm

yuletopian99 Fri 04-Jan-13 05:59:02

Exciting! Fx for you terry!

Good luck terry!

Hi everyone, just popped in from postnatal to give you all some encouragement. I hope smooth, quick ish labours and snuggly lovely newborns happen soon for you all!

Namechangedembrassedmum Fri 04-Jan-13 07:54:34

Oh terry! Very jealous and excited for you

RockabillyKitty Fri 04-Jan-13 08:06:27

Ugh totally fed up today. Baby moving loads in the night & I feel tired but don't want to sleep. Really itchy patch of skin over top of bump that I keep moisturising but still itchy but if I scratch it's sore. Feel soooo heavy. One week to go til induction (unless he arrives) so I know I can't give up now... I've managed to not make comments like this until now as I hate moaning, it's just getting soooo difficult sad

On the plus side GOOD LUCK TERRY!!!

It's all stopped angryangryangryangryangry
Six blooming hours of painful, breath through them contractions and I haven't had one since about half nine.
GET OUT, BABY!
I suppose the bloody show at least means something has happened but I'm getting really hacked off now. Poor DP doesn't know whether to go to work or not (he works for himself), my DD has been staying at my mum's since NYE, having decided at the last minute she doesn't want to be here for the main event and we just don't know what to do/ what's going onsad
Hoping all the contractions have done something at least and it means the next bit will be even more productive hmm

Although, after typing that rant I did just have a contraction grin

Namechangedembrassedmum Fri 04-Jan-13 11:39:27

Lol!
Sometimes things stop for a while esp if you get nervous or changes happen in your environment etc.

Can you send some vibes to me plz

They are back on a bit now actually grin
Not as good as last night but better than nothing!
Still losing bloody show every time I go to loo but waters haven't gone yet. I do feel like something is happening now at least.
Am sitting here with a little teddy stuffed down my top as my mum bought it for the baby and I've been meaning to sleep with it to let it take on my scent but forgot! grin

Namechangedembrassedmum Fri 04-Jan-13 16:08:36

I have a belly ache!!!!!!

Heres hoping!
I found it always easier when waters go in th midst of labour, makes it wuick and baby soon follows.

Fx !
Mine hasn't really progressed any more, am very frustrated.
Still getting ctx but no quicker. I just tried to examine my cervix and I think it's still fairly posterior so I can't be dilated much either. I have quite short fingers though so not sure! Plus don't really know what I'm looking for, but guessing not time to call the midwife out just yet!
Hope things get going a bit more tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now