Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - Last but not least

(282 Posts)
annelid Sat 29-Dec-12 07:54:54

New thread for us stragglers!!

MyDaydream Sun 30-Dec-12 19:20:07

We don't really know what's going on. She put a cannula in with the intention of putting me on the drip at 3pm but got pulled away to deliver a baby. Since then I've had some painkillers and been on monitor but no idea what the plan is! She came to do the trace when me and DP were sleeping so we were both a bit too fuzzy to ask questions and just wanted to get back to sleep.
nutella hope everything is going okay for you and you convinced them to let you to go home.

elpth Sun 30-Dec-12 19:20:19

Have done, thank you!

Hello, good luck to everyone in labour right now! envy envy

We went for another walk today to blow away the cobwebs and I ate a whole pineapple this morning but no baby yet! At least I got some fresh air though. I'm feeling a bit better about things today. Booked my mum to babysit DD tomorrow night and if baby not making an appearance then perhaps DP and I can go out for a couple of hours just to get out of the house! I'm secretly hoping that the fact we've planned to go out might mean that mini Terry might try to scupper things and arrive- i won't mind!
Lots of backache today, think baby still posterior but trying my best to stay upright and forward facing so hoping he/she will still turn.

Oh and also DP has a friend who is a chiropractor so think we might give him a call tomorrow and try to go and see him, as I believe chiropractors can turn posterior babies with good success rates. Fx

itsMYNutella Sun 30-Dec-12 21:39:50

Yay... still pregnant but I'm home! Need to gather up a few bits, after a day in the Hospital I managed to think of a few extra luxuries that I would like in my hospital bags smile

Got to be back at the Hosp for 8am it's now 22:30 (hour ahead) so I better get a move on!
I am keeping everything crossed for you Daydream!

Any one having twinges?? I wish I was confused going to snuggle with DP and see if we can't encourage baby out!

Sleep well ladies.

No twinges sad
I'm fed up of all the 'Any news' phone calls and texts that both DP and I are getting too. I know logically its just because people care and its nice that they are thinking of us, but I wish they would stop! Especially when it's people who know they would be told anyway! Every time my mum rings for example: (and I swear this is word for word)

Me: 'hello?'
DM: 'still here then?'
Me: I would still be here even if I was in labour mum, but no, no baby yet! I think you know we would let you know!
DM: 'hmpf'
Me: hmmhmmhmm

annelid Mon 31-Dec-12 00:30:29

Just letting you know, William was born 29th Dec at 6.16pm, 10lb 12oz

2blessed Mon 31-Dec-12 00:45:59

Congratulations annelid!

How are you doing daydream?

terry that conversation sounds very familiar.
I've not responded to any 'any news?' texts today, just couldn't face it.
After midwife appointment, I'm going to go and stock up on magazines and fruit and veg tasty treats to see in the New Year. Still constipated which can't be helping the situation sad.

Walnut8 Mon 31-Dec-12 02:57:25

Just dropping in to see how the inductions are going ... any progress now daydream? I was completely left in the dark with much of my first induction - so much waiting around and wondering WTF was happening, so I can sympathise. Hope things are moving now.

Nutella good luck for more progress in the morning!

And congrats annelid and baby William - what a big boy! thanks Hope it all went well and you are both healthy.

terry I had numerous conversations with my mum that went like that before I eventually had a hissy fit and told her that I Would Let Her Know. Except mum would say something ridiculous like "are you home?" to which I'd reply yes or no and she'd then say "so not in hospital with your legs apart then" ...shock hmm?!

Just had a (childless) friend text to ask what I'm doing tonight for NYE .... erm ...

Walnut8 Mon 31-Dec-12 02:59:13

2blessed, get some lactulose to get things moving.

Congratulations annelid smile

itsMYNutella Mon 31-Dec-12 07:32:10

Congratulations annelid ... envy me? Noooo not at all grin great news! My older brother was 11 lb when born and my Mum had other mums coming up saying "have you heard about the woman who had an 11lb baby"... I think she enjoyed the notoriety so see if you can subtly spread it around wink

WillYuleDoTheFandango Mon 31-Dec-12 08:04:11

Congratulations Anelid 10lb 12oz shock. When I had Jamie the woman opposite had an 11lb 4oz girl. Even the midwives were coming for a look grin

elpth Mon 31-Dec-12 08:49:41

Congratulations annelid !

Wow, well done Annelid!
I've also just had an email from MIL saying 'YES! Today's the day!' shock
Lol, good thing she's one of the nicest people I know or there would be a MIL rant right there!

She is more excited about this baby than her other (seven) grandchildren I think because its the only one which will live nearby, the others are all overseas or the other side of the country.
Got midwife this morning, hoping she might give me a cheeky sweep wink

2blessed Mon 31-Dec-12 09:27:19

walnut been on lactulose since christmas eve, then gp prescribed me to take fybogel in conjunction on friday. Had very few movements.
Good news though, had my show about 2 hours ago. Fingers crossed that LO is on the way. Midwife in a couple of hours. Now that I've had a show will that rule me out of having a sweep?

There have been a lot of boys haven't there? I'm team yellow, with everyone I come into contact saying I'm having a boy...

Team yellow here too but everyone is telling us its a boy too. My mum has been knitting blue blankets/ cardigans etchmmhmmhmm

She has three granddaughters and no grandsons (though I never thought that bothered her!)

SilverLake Mon 31-Dec-12 09:58:50

Hi everyone,

I've also got a midwife appointment today (40+4) and am hoping for a sweep...or preferably an internal exam which will tell me that i'm 4/5cm dilated and on the cusp of going into spontaneous labour with no intervention necessary! hmm

itsMYNutella Mon 31-Dec-12 10:09:25

I'm hoping for a sweep (or similar) here... Wonder if I can ask for it? How would you ask when you don't have a clue what the medical term is?
"Hello, could you please poke me in the cervix?" Could be a very difficult / awkward lost in translation moment hmm

We're also team yellow. Everyone has guessed a boy too. So it must be a girl!
One of the nurse ladies on the ward has told us to give birth tomorrow so that we get some flowers from the hospital grin

I would love to see some bump pictures now, any takers?!

emilyeggs Mon 31-Dec-12 10:15:28

Congratulations annelidthankswine
2blessed... I've had that all pregnancy.... Oooo you're having a boy! (I'm team yellow) it was so annoying.
Well no twinges hear yet...I'm kind of glad it will be a 2013 baby, it's like it's got a whole year ahead of it instead of just missing one. I don't have a sweep booked until 5th and ill be 41+1 by then sad oh well,

emilyeggs Mon 31-Dec-12 10:15:58

Spotty ill do one in a mo if you want?

Yes please grin

emilyeggs Mon 31-Dec-12 10:41:33

Pics up, just seen im in my pjs in all of them grin

Oh what a lovely bump! Probably about the size of me and I had ds and he was 7lb13 so you might not have a massive one after all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now