Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - Last but not least

(282 Posts)
annelid Sat 29-Dec-12 07:54:54

New thread for us stragglers!!

Namechangedembrassedmum Fri 04-Jan-13 16:26:57

U having a homebirth too?
Bounce on a gymball to get things going,walk around stomping your feet.

if it's any encouragement, I lost count of the times I did 4-6 hours of quite painful contractions that faded away to bloody nothing, usually just after I'd told DH to stay home from work...

and that resulted in a 2 hour labour, from waters going to baby emerging - which was actually pretty brilliant as I didn't have time to get tired or discouraged. Intense, but definitely preferable to the 22 hour labour last time.
So each of these episodes is definitely doing something! fingers crossed for you all.
Oh, and the bloody show was a sign that Alex was less than an hour away, for me. So here's hoping!

Yep, homebirth so at least once it gets going properly i won't have to change my environment.
I've been intermittently bouncing on the ball, sitting tailor style and going up and down the stairs, contractions are really irregular now I would say, so its encouraging to hear that maybe its doing something, blackcurrants.
DP has just popped out for an hour to do some errands, so I'm going to try to have a little nap, as the pattern seems to be that the contractions will start to get more regular in the night!

Namechangedembrassedmum Fri 04-Jan-13 18:00:56

Whats sitting tailor style?
I never have regular contractions ever!

I hope by tomorrow you have and your baby and thw rest of us following you closely behind.

mwahmwah Fri 04-Jan-13 21:26:22

oh I so hope tonight is the night for you Terry! my induction is 9-30 tomorrow morning and I'm pretty terrified tbh... very weird speaking to people when they ask "wot u up to tomorrow?" "oh actually I'm intending to put my body through hell and then have a baby actually!"... kinda beats the usual shopping/ going for a walk etc!

Namechangedembrassedmum Fri 04-Jan-13 21:53:49

Mwah i had induction with dc2,it was fine. Tey not to worry about it too much.

Well I've just retreated to bed to try and conserve energy in case it kicks off again, but sort of stopped believing that I will ever have the baby now hmm so not sure what will happen.
By the way, tailor style = cross legged

SilverLake Fri 04-Jan-13 22:33:25

mwahmwah all the best for tomorrow, i hope it's quick and relatively easy
...i have an inkling how you feel as it's my turn on Sunday.

2blessed Sat 05-Jan-13 10:47:36

Hi ladies, I'm a mum to Rohan born on 3rd jan by c-section. Hope we will be discharged today so will put up birth story later.
Good luck for your induction mwah

SilverLake Sat 05-Jan-13 11:56:04

2blessed congratulations. thanks

It's been very quiet here so perhaps there are a few more birth announcements on their way.

emilyeggs Sat 05-Jan-13 11:59:11

Congrats 2blessed! Well done, quick update, im at the hospital were I was meant to go to midwife unit but because of back to back and only getting to 3cm since wednesday I'm on labour ward, I don't mind, it was way too much pain for me and I have a new found respect for anyone who manages on g&a

emilyeggs Sat 05-Jan-13 12:03:37

Congrats 2blessed! Well done, quick update, im at the hospital were I was meant to go to midwife unit but because of back to back and only getting to 3cm since wednesday I'm on labour ward, I don't mind, it was way too much pain for me and I have a new found respect for anyone who manages on g&a

Congrats 2blessed smile

Emily dc1 was back to back it's bloody painful hope you're doing ok?

ISpyPlumPie Sat 05-Jan-13 14:10:43

Congratulations 2blessed and welcome Rohan thanks.

Good luck Emily.

emilyeggs Sat 05-Jan-13 14:52:17

I have an epidural now grin I just couldn't cope, getting a hormone drip as I'm still only 3cm from Thursday

Not long now then smile

Hormonalhell Sat 05-Jan-13 21:36:41

Ooooh exciting Emily smilesmile

2blessed Sat 05-Jan-13 21:37:58

Oooh emily hopefully you're almost there. I had am epidural after convincing myself for months that I would be fine with g+a and tens machine. Having the epi was one of my.best decisions all pregmancy!

RockabillyKitty Sat 05-Jan-13 23:33:07

Emily so excited for you - hang in there girl!!!

Congrats 2blessed!!!

mwahmwah & Silverlake I'll be looking out for your stories - I'm booked for induction on the 11th confused

epidurals are lovely. I remember saying to.DH "oh! it's like a glass of wine and hot bath!" before promptly falling asleep grin

having done one induction with epidural and one birth no pain relief at all except my hypnobirthing track on the iPod. I can see the upsides to both. Certainly, I enjoyed my epidural!
can't wait to hear all about your lovely babies grin

V quick update with full details to follow tomorrow- just got home from hospital with a baby girl, 9lb 2oz, possibly called Marjorie Frances.
Unfortunately home birth didn't go as planned and we ended up with a very dramatic, scary shoulder dystocia but we're both ok and still released on a six hour discharge.
She is perfect and breastfeeding like a trooper.
Hope there are some other success stories but I haven't read the thread yet, so will do so and also update with more details about the birth tomorrow once we've got some sleep and welcomed home my older DD(9) from her grandmas.

Wow Terry well done. That must have been really scary for you I'm glad you're both ok and home smile

many congratulations and welcome to your little.DD! Lovely names - I have two mates called Frances and they are elegant, quirky and extremely clever successful people - so I'm a fan!

Secondsop Sun 06-Jan-13 02:22:15

Congratulations 2blessed and terry!

Good luck emily - really hope it is all going ok - glad you've got an epidural; that must take the edge off a back to back labour. I had g&a but that was because it was way too late for an epidural when they realised I was in the final stages of labour, but I wasn't back to back so hope you are comfortable.

emilyeggs Sun 06-Jan-13 05:10:52

Congratulations terrygrin hope you're not to uncomfortable.

I had a baby boy by emergency section due to not progressing, thick meconium and being exhausted. and lots a lot of blood but after a few transfusion I'm feeling a bit better. My boy was born at 23:40 on the 5/1/13. 8"9'
I'm totally in love. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now