Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012 - Last but not least

(282 Posts)
annelid Sat 29-Dec-12 07:54:54

New thread for us stragglers!!

annelid Sat 29-Dec-12 07:59:25

Bunty hope things have improved since your post. Sounds very frustrating.

annelid Sat 29-Dec-12 08:04:24

and heres the list.....Still not heard from knotty, hope she's okay

Knottyhair ELCS 17/12/12
elpth 18/12/12
annelid 20/12/12
MyDaydream 20/12/12
2blessed 23/12/12
Equimum 24/12/12
itsMYNutella 27/12/2012
SilverLake 27/12/12
BuntysFestiveCollocks 28/12/12
emilyeggs 28/12/12
RockabillyKitty 30/12/12
Terrywoganstrousers 31/12/12
Hormonalhell 15/1/13

itsMYNutella Sat 29-Dec-12 08:31:23

Thanks for the thread annelid wonder if this will be the last one wink we start.....

Nothing happening here.

Bunty fingers crossed for you, hope you are managing some rest!

I hope Bunty is ok thanks

MyDaydream Sat 29-Dec-12 08:51:21

Hope things have sped up for you Bunty and your getting closer now.
I've had no more pain since last night and have also realised the sore bit is where I banged my bump on a door handle in the middle of the night the other day!

emilyeggs Sat 29-Dec-12 10:59:28

Found you all smile.

Poor bunty getting sent home, how frustrating confused

I'm sure this is going to be the last thread for us hmm fx

Hope all are well..... On another note, my super hot curry did nothing except make the next morning uncomfortable (toilet roll in the fridge) blush

Equimum Sat 29-Dec-12 11:02:15

bunty, hope you're experiencing some progress now.

Welcome Mrsx and congrats on your arrival. As everyone else has said, there's no failure in formula feeding. Lots of people from here have migrated to the December postnatal thread in 'being a parent', so if you haven't found that yet, people over there might also be able to help you....but you're still welcome here as well, of course.

Woke up this morning with some pains and have been getting what I assume a contractions roughly every 5-6 minutes since. I'm now really hoping this is 'it'.

Good luck Equimum!

WillYuleDoTheFandango Sat 29-Dec-12 11:55:50

Hello all, still lurking around waiting for the last bambinos to pop. Here's the postnatal thread fir when everyone needs it.

Was it MrsX who asked about tongue tie? We're waiting for an appointment to separate an 80% tongue tie. Been warned its a long wait in this area. I've had to give up breast feeding as he couldn't latch at all and it was just upsetting us both. I expressed for 10days but it was too hard given that DS only takes small feeds every 1.5h. I couldn't find time to eat between feeds/expression. I am desperately hoping that the op makes a big difference to his feeding.

WillYuleDoTheFandango Sat 29-Dec-12 11:57:15

Yay good luck Equimum

ISpyDingDongMerrilyOnHigh Sat 29-Dec-12 13:09:19

Popping over from post-natal to mark my place so I can keep up with news of new arrivals.

Bunty - that sounds really frustrating. Keeping fx for you that things start moving soon.

itsMYNutella Sat 29-Dec-12 13:14:56

Good luck Equimum!
willyule a friend of mine's little girl was born with tongue tie (few ears ago now) and I think she went off to have it privately done or something hmm I just remember her going to Southampton or somewhere, when she lived nowhere near there...
Well that was pretty useless wasn't it... Sorry you have to wait so long for the op!

Anyway, just finished at the hospital (routine checkup - since Dr is closed and I'm now 40+2) and today the doc was worried about a lack of amniotic fluid... Baby might have just drunk it this mornin and not yet weed; but they want to check me again tomorrow morning and possibly induce hmm I can't help feeling that repeatedly scanning me isn't really helpful. I'm not at all worried because te bean is still moving lots so it must have room in there confused

emilyeggs Sat 29-Dec-12 13:26:36

Ekk equimum let's hope this is it for you! Fx

Fingers crossed for all of you to be joining the postnatal board soon.

2blessed Sat 29-Dec-12 14:04:02

Found you! Not had any internet access - grrr! See this thread is pretty quiet, will go have a look at what I've missed and assuming lots of new arrivals.

So, I'm still pregnant. Thought something was happening on thursday with what felt like stabbing pains at the bottom of my bump but all petered out after a few hours. Got real bad constipation (tmi, sorry!) as well, so bad I had to see my GP yesterday.

Hope everyone is well.

2blessed Sat 29-Dec-12 14:05:09

Good luck equimum

MyDaydream Sat 29-Dec-12 14:25:24

equimum good luck if it's your turn, sounds promising.
nutella hope everything is okay.
I've been having some bleeding today and when I called labour ward to make sure it's all normal the midwife said it sounds like things are starting. Did have a few contractions this morning but a bath and a long nap killed those off, I'm hoping they start again soon.

pmgkt Sat 29-Dec-12 14:32:22

Looking forward to news. Bunty has been quiet for a bit. I hope that is a good sign.

I'm still here too, sadly! Feeling really antisocial today, having loads of phone calls and texts from people to check if I've had the baby yet hmmhmmhmm so am ignoring phone and lying like a slug on the sofa instructing DP to do my nesting for me and Hoover etc. grin

SilverLake Sat 29-Dec-12 15:17:40

I'm also feeling antisocial/grumpy/tired at 40+2. However reading this thread cheers me up and tells me to get a grip as some of you are more overdue than i am so i guess I should just wait my turn. DD1 was induced at 40+10 so i've got form for going overdue.

Has anyone find having a sweep actually helped at all? I've lost motivation for getting one until my next midwife appointment on Monday.

2blessed Sat 29-Dec-12 15:48:43

silver I'm now 40+6 with a midwife appointment on Monday. Really hoping she will offer me a sweep. But also interested to know if they work.

I'm also feeling antisocial. Both DP and my phones are ablaze with people ringing/texting to find out where the baby is - in my belly still!!!! Very sweet but sometimes I just can't face the phone.

itsMYNutella Sat 29-Dec-12 17:37:17

YY to all those avoiding the phone! DP's parents rang yesterday and DP was on his phone to someone else so I didn't answer the home phone and let it ring. DP was annoyed, but rang them back and they were just wondering what DP would like for his birthday next week yeah right, believe that you'll believe anything which was nice.
Today DP made the mistake of ringing BIL to ask him something random... BIL rang three times and left a very excited sounding message on the answer phone... Must have been very disappointed when DP rang with a question about the heating grin
I've told DP he can deal with his family and I'll deal with mine wink. Rang my eldest bro this morning,( he was asleep in bed - we have been missing each other for days, only want to wish him a merry Christmas!grin) and SIL very sweetly asked "have you had a baby" I said "no, but I've had some muesli". We had a nice chat instead and I spoke to the kids... Must try him again now actually.

If anyone does stumble across a sure fire labour starter please share!! Off to play with some EPO and then bounce on my ball smile thanks! X

Have you tried a trampoline nutella?!

2blessed Sat 29-Dec-12 17:45:43

love the muesli line nutella grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now