Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Private care at Lansdell Suite

(6 Posts)
cheesecakemom Fri 02-May-14 16:26:03

What did it cost? Did you have a CS/Natural?

Su1901 Fri 02-May-14 16:03:23

Hi, I would like to share my experience with Dr Kunde (http://www.londonpregnancycare.com/)

Dr. Kunde has been our gynaecologist since 2011 and we have been very fortunate to have discovered him. His expertise, professional and gentle nature made our decision to have him deliver our baby very simple. His advice and expertise throughout the few years has been invaluable. From the first consultation we had a high degree of confidence in Dr. Kunde, proven by the fantastic final delivery and the care throughout. Factors that really make Dr. Kunde stand out are his obvious experience, professional yet calming nature and his willingness to be available to his patients as they need. We would highly recommend Dr. Kunde for the care we received pre and post the pregnancy and would not hesitate to return to him in the future.
May 2014

DailySliceOfGato Thu 07-Feb-13 18:19:17

Just wanted to say thank you for this recommendation - it's really useful.

Can I ask whether any of you were not from the St Thomas's catchment area? I can't work out whether you can pay for private treatment in the Lansdell Suite even if you are from another borough. I've heard that St Thomas's doesn't allow NHS patients out of borough due to demand.

LKV1 Mon 21-Jan-13 13:23:36

Further to the other reviews I also had a great experience with Mr Kunde at the Lansdell Suite (7 weeks ago) in December 2012 and would thoroughly recommend him.

I also found Mr Kunde to be very calm which I found reassuring and most importantly I completely trusted his medical opinion. He was able to identify a problem with my baby's size and positioning and ensured the safe arrival of my daughter.

I am also very happy with the medical team that Mr Kunde recommended. I've heard from many people that ultrasounds of their baby's size had often been inaccurate however ours was spot on which was particularly key as we had a problem with size (we used Mr Maxwell for our scans). I am also very happy with all of the staff that I met at St Thomas'.

I had a cesarean due to the size complication and am very happy with how the operation and recovery progressed. However I would like to highlight that I was in no way forced to have a c-section just because I was a private patient. Mr Kunde offered his medical opinion based on my personal circumstances but made it very clear that it was my decision and he would support me in whatever path we followed. Similarly he also mentioned that even though I have now had a c-section I still have the option of a vb for my next child and he would support me if I wanted to go down this route.

The Lansdell Suite was also fantastic and the midwives were incredibly supportive in my attempts to breastfeed. One of the best things about the Lansdell Suite was that my husband was able to stay all of the nights I was in hospital for. This was invaluable as it meant whilst I recovered he could do all the nappy changes and feeds. :-)

Therefore I would thoroughly recommend Mr Kunde and the Lansdell Suite and intend to use both for baby number 2.

AndBingoWasHisNameOh Tue 01-Jan-13 22:14:53

I also used Kumar Kunde earlier this year and agree he was excellent.

1cara23 Tue 25-Dec-12 10:59:44

For those interested or doing research on a private birth, I thought it may be useful to convey here my sincere appreciation for Dr Kumar Kunde's work and add a review of my experience of the Lansdell suit, the private maternity unit at St. Thomas Hospital (http://londonpregnancycare.com).

I gave birth to my baby boy 18 weeks ago, but due to sleepless nights I haven't had a moment to sit down and be able to concentrate.

I had a fantastic experience with Dr Kunde, who was my consultant from the beginning of the pregnancy and I will be definitely choosing him for my second baby. Dr. Kunde is always accessible, he answers his phone, e-mails or messages promptly, and he is very patient. Given that it was my first pregnancy, and I was a very nervous (and nagging) patient, I relied heavily on Dr. Kunde's advice and for obtaining various information. Actually my husband and I both enjoyed the antenatal appointments with him.

Dr Kunde is an excellent surgeon, I don't have any hesitation to recommend him, as one can trust his care and expertise completely. I had a C-Section and the scar healed extremely nice and the recovery was quite quick. The community midvives were surprised to see such a qualitative needlework!

The after birth care in hospital was great, the midwives were very helpful, nice and always on standby during day and night. Rooms are newly refurbished, very comfy and clean. They also brought in a bed for my husband, so he stayed with us overnight.

I hope this review helps anyone who's trying to decide whether to go private or whether to pick the Lansdell and Dr Kunde.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now