Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2013?

(1000 Posts)
legoboat Sat 22-Dec-12 19:42:12

Hello - bit early, but I definitely had two positives this morning, wanted to check on drinking vodka this evening or not. I make due date 4th Sep 2013.
I had to terminate a pregnancy in late Sep at 13ish weeks because of incompatible with life diagnosis, so hope that doesn't happen again (I have a 25% chance but hopefully I'll fall in the 75% this time).

SGJ Wed 02-Jan-13 23:26:42

Evening all. Checking in from my phone so no idea who's said what or when so welcome and congratulations to all the new ladies!
I have success to report - I think I got away with it on NYE as everyone thought I was drunk but in reality had been on the Schloer all night. V impressed as (like another poster) all our friends have at least 1 DC and are like hawks on the lookout for the next preggers lady.
I am as bad as the rest of them usually but for me I prefer to keep it secret until we've had the scan an everything's looking good. Have had too many sad experiences with my sister's miscarriages to want to announce it early myself, so thank Goodness for MN as its only me, DH, my sister and BIL that know so far and I want to chat about it!!

For those of you asking about midwife appts - around 8 weeks is just a booking in appointment where they'll take all your details and work out if there are likely to be any problems, at least that's how it's done where I am (Essex). Then they're the ones that refer you to the hospital for the 12 week dating scan.
And based on my sister's experience, a scan at 8 weeks could potentially be normal scan, but possibly dildocam... I think it just comes down to what they think will get the best images.

Phew - that's all for now, off to bed at last!

SGJ Wed 02-Jan-13 23:29:01

Oh, and re: leaky boobs - at only 5 + 1, my boobs feel so heavy that I tested, and yes, I am already able to squeeze out colostrum! Better get myself some breast pads...

Hi can I join in?
NC as my usual name outs me and only DH and BF know about my BFP so far. Got a faint result on the 31st and 1st and I'm completely terrified. My DD is only just 8mo and this has been a bit if an accident. I put my due date at the 1st of September. On my phone so can't do the stats, can someone add me in? I'm 29.
Not been sick yet but as I wasn't with DD that's not bothering me, I am completely exhausted though and my lower back is pretty sore already.
Someone please tell me I'm not mental and everything will be fine! DD is pretty demanding and I'm scared DC2 will be the same and I won't cope. confused

Kittenkatzen Thu 03-Jan-13 09:01:58

Oooh hey belle! <waves> gringrin

SGJ that has made me terrified to poke my boobs now....!

Watched OBEM last night, DH spent the whole time nudging me every 5 mins going "omg you're gonna be doing this"..."you're not going to make weird humming noises are you?"..."bet they have to mop the floor lots" and other such helpful comments. Will watch on my own next week I think hmm

Kittenkatzen Thu 03-Jan-13 09:04:19

Welcome girlwiththeyellowhat, have added you to the stas list smile

Weeweeweeallthewayhome, 26, BFP 23rd Dec, EDD Aug 18th, DC1
Islingtongirl, EDD end of August
MeanMrsMustard, 31, BFP 19th Dec, EDD end of Aug, DC1
GirlWithTheYellowHat, 29, BFP 31st Dec, EDD 1st September, DC2
Cartyloopylou, 41, BFP Christmas Eve, EDD 1st September, DC2
Jennimoo, 31, BFP 21 Dec, due date 1st September, DC2
ZombiesAreClammyDodgers, 32, due date 1st September, DC1
Jmf294, 36, BFP 29th Dec, EDD 2nd September, DC3
Rosiechoice, 30, BFP Christmas Eve, due date 2nd September, DC1
Starfishkiss, 27, BFP 27th Dec, due date 2nd September, DC2
Emma290, BFP Christmas Eve, due date 2nd September, DC1
SGJ, due date 3rd September, DC2
Legoboat, BFP 22nd Dec, due date 4th September, DC2
BelleEtLaBete, 31, BFP 28 Dec, EDD 6th September, DC2
Corkgirlindublin, 30, EDD 7th September, DC2
jm233, 26, BFP Christmas Day, due date 7th September, DC1
Kimjayne, BFP 29th/30th Dec, EDD 7th September, DC1
SpanishLady, 38, BFP Christmas Day, due date 8th September, DC2
CamomilleHoneyVanilla, 30, EDD 9th September, DC1
Shellywelly1973, BFP 30th Dec, EDD 9th September, DC6
amiready, 34, BFP 28th Dec, EDD 9th September, DC1
IBelieveInPink, BFP 28th Dec, due date 9th September, DC1
Kittenkatzen, 33, BFP New Years Day, due date 10th September, DC1
Gatorade, 28, BFP 29th Dec, EDD 10th September, DC2
whyriskit, BFP 31st Dec, EDD 11th September, DC3
Weechops, BFP New Years Day, due date 14th September, DC3
Preposterashypothesis, 27, BFP 23rd Dec, due date?, DC2
Belvedere, BFP Christmas Day, EDD?, DC1
georgie22, BFP 31st Dec, EDD?, DC2

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Thu 03-Jan-13 09:11:21

jm233 Maybe OBEM is the way!

SGJ I was just expecting a booking appointment at 8 weeks (that's what happened with DS1) but on my appointment card that they posted, it says "I have arranged for a scan" - really hoping it's not the dildocam! I said to DP yesterday that my boobs felt tingly like they did when my milk came in last time but I didn't actually think that was a possibility this early shock. He'll be keeping his hands to himself for the next 8 months if that's the case!

GWTYH You're not mental, and everything will be fine! grin It'll be especially worth it when they're a bit older and enjoy the same things - you can let them entertain themselves!

IBelieveInPink Thu 03-Jan-13 10:06:38

Hi all. Wow there is a lot of us here! <waves to diet coke>

So af still hasn't turned up, am starting to believe it. May have to pee on another couple of digis just to be sure.
Am too scared to get booked in yet. I had my booking in appointment last time about 2 days before I mc. Although I know I really should go.
Also, still cramping lots. Anyone else?
I am tempted to go for an early scan. Has anyone else done this and did it help?

corkgirlindublin Thu 03-Jan-13 10:41:48

Hi everyone again! I lived every second of one born last night! I love that they where are fairly natural births. My last labour ended up with a high forceps, episiotomy and 3rd degree tear. I'm really hoping to have a more natural delivery this time and not labour on my back which I think contributed to the problems in my last labour.

I don't want to be too graphic but am I the only one who keeps high tailing it to the loo because it feels like your period has started?

andadietcoke Thu 03-Jan-13 10:56:41

Please can someone add me to the stats list? It feels like a bad omen and I can't do it on my phone.

DC1, BFP on 30/12, LMP 3/12, but EDD based on late ov is 13/9/13

Oh, be careful taking photos of HPTs. I just shared more of my holiday photos than I meant to with a work colleague!!

Yy to thinking I've started AF, also to private early scan. Thinking 8-9 weeks.

If you ov late does that affect your AF date?! Still not sure whether I'm late or not! According to app AF due on 1/1 but ov'ed 3-4 days later than app said, so does that mean I'm not due until tomorrow?!

amiready Thu 03-Jan-13 10:58:02

yes - I'm having some days where I go a lot and then others where I hardly go at all. My cramps have disappeared and I have barely any symptoms at all which is worrying me a bit. I have noticed though that wee is much darker/orange than normal (TMI - sorry) - anyone else noticed that?! In fact this morning it was so dark it was almost pink and I got a bit worried but it seems to have gone back to normal for now....

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 03-Jan-13 10:58:25

Hi Ladies

Can I join too?

Waves to Weechops and Kitten sorry if I've missed off any other familiar faces.

My stats are .... Age 25 married for 3 years was TTC no 1 or one cycle so in total shock got BFP on 1st of Jan and another yesterday got two sticks left so will be using them! AF not due until Sunday so very early days. Due date is 15 September.

Glad to see that slot of you are having cramps and twinges just reassures me it's normal.

amiready I've told my mum but DH isn't telling his until after 12 week scan, he is happy with it as he isn't as close to his as I an to mine.

amiready Thu 03-Jan-13 10:59:36

sorry - double posting...

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Thu 03-Jan-13 11:00:22

Weeweeweeallthewayhome, 26, BFP 23rd Dec, EDD Aug 18th, DC2
andadietcoke BFP 30th Dec, EDD 13th September, DC1*

amiready Thu 03-Jan-13 11:00:43

and again! Thanks Jemimah for your info. That's what I would like to do. May need to have a chat with DH...

p.s. Jemima is on our shortlist for girls!

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Thu 03-Jan-13 11:04:09

amiready I don't think there's any right or wrong to tell people to be honest. We told PILs first because I knew I was chancing a negative reaction from my parents and to be honest, I wish I'd told them even later than I did because they were pretty bad. My mum did ask if PILs knew and I said no because I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but apparently she couldn't extend the same courtesy to me.

Long story short - tell whomever you like, whenever you like!

Kittenkatzen Thu 03-Jan-13 11:27:38

Ibelieve I've got permanent mild cramps, and have done since the weekend. If I hadn't got I bfp I would assume it was af coming but actually they are a bit different to af cramps - lower down and more twingey.

<waves> at jemima grin

We haven't told anyone yet...DH wants to tell his DB next week for various (dull/complicated) reasons. I'm leaving it up to him but am too terrified of mc to want to tell anyone yet myself.

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 03-Jan-13 11:36:26

amiready I don't think it matters who knows first as long as both you and DH are happy and comfortable with it.

I love the name Jemima for a girl! The reason it's my name on here is because DH decided to start calling me it a few years ago and it just kind of stuck.

Also can someone please add me to the list I'm on my phone.

andadietcoke Thu 03-Jan-13 11:41:50

We haven't told anyone. Although I've essentially just told my colleague inadvertently. However, she's one of the people I told when I had my mc and I would do if I mc'ed again, so I guess it's not too bad.

My dad was so so happy last time and I felt like such a failure when I mc'ed that I'm just biding my time. Maybe after I get a little bit past where I did last time and/or after an early (private) scan...

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Thu 03-Jan-13 11:46:39

Weeweeweeallthewayhome, 26, BFP 23rd Dec, EDD Aug 18th, DC2
andadietcoke BFP 30th Dec, EDD 13th September, DC1
Jemimahpuddleduck, 25, BFP 1st Jan, EDD 15th September, DC1

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 03-Jan-13 11:50:05

Thanks Wee grin

IBelieveInPink Thu 03-Jan-13 11:55:53

kitten that is exactly what my cramps feel like. Thank you. Had a mini meltdown yesterday as had convinced myself I was mc again. Poor DH, is going to be a long couple of months for him.

dietcoke how amusing! I do that too, take photos, just so when I start doubting myself I can look at it and reassure, yes it does say pg!
Interesting about scan, I am tempted to go at 7 weeks. DH thinks I am being silly, as things could still change after it. But I am doubting everything so much at the moment, it might help me? Dilemmas.

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Thu 03-Jan-13 12:02:13

Ibelieve I thought I'd have a private scan at 8 weeks just to reassure myself that there was something there; feels a bit uncertain having to rely on just a basketful's worth of pregnancy test. But as a previous poster said, a scan's only as good as the moment you see it so I don't think I'd have had any more than that first one (luckily, for whatever reason probably a cock up my hospital have booked me in for a scan anyway at 8 weeks).

Anyone else got a horrendous taste in their mouth? Nothing gets rid of it, apart from eating salty food, and it really is nasty.

CarrieJayne Thu 03-Jan-13 12:22:51

Hi again everyone! No ms for me yet but cramps, same as Kitten and I Believe, feels so odd, and I'm absolutely starving all the time! Could someone add me to the list too, as on my iPad and no idea how to copy/paste on here! BFP 30th Dec, Due approx 8th Sept. Thanks!

batfuttocks Thu 03-Jan-13 15:54:54

Hello all..can I join?
I am 5+6 with third pregnancy. I have ds aged 6 and a dd aged 4. Due date is somewhere around the 31st august - I did my test on 17th Dec and it was 5 days before period was due so either I am having twins or my scan may show different dates! Feeling sick as a dog and soooo tired. Also a bit crampy still, which is unnerving.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

amiready Thu 03-Jan-13 16:16:26

Does anyone know how long the cramps go on for? I'm still getting mild ones each day, not the whole time though. Just quite tired. No sickness yet though. Am 4w+4 today! One day at a time I guess!
Thanks for comments re telling people - just want to be fair to DH as we're not as close to his family as I am to mine, so I do see telling them in a different light, but not sure he would see it that way. Anyway, still feels too early so will hang on another week. Have my GP appt a week today. Eek. Even though nothing much will happen - somehow it makes it more real!

This thread is not accepting new messages.